Thematic Wedding?

gettinghitch

Hi all BTB,

Anyone out there having thematic wedding? Care to share who you are using and what themes you are planning to have?

I looking for a thematic wedding myself after seeing my gf wedding with Glitzy Bollywood theme, makes her wedding looks more well-planned and different from the normal wedding banquets and generic boring looks that we always see.

My gf decor was done by Soiree. Very nicely done and we all had great compliments and memories of her wedding that night. Every BTB wants the guests to remember our wedding day other than the couple themselves, isnt it? Anyone else used them or spoke to them before? Share your thoughts and experiences.

Here's their link. www.soireesg.multiply.com

Although im also planning and looking at using them, no harm getting more information and comments.

necrosis

bollywood theme is cool!!
lotsa reasons for colour and bling bling!!!

mmmmm....i'm also thinking of a theme wedding...not the usual "theme" as the deco provided by the hotels...
but like getting guests to dress up also...
happy.gif

we could brainstorm together...
happy.gif

i was thinking of a latino theme...so that i can have my salsa dance...

gettinghitch

Hi necrosis,

wau.. getting ur guests to dress up too would be cool!

Ya, me am so sick of the typical wedding where everyone turns up, with the standard deco provided by hotels which would be used by many others who held their wedding there as well.

Ppl will just turn up with the idea of " oh well, another standard hotel wedding" Yam Seng and go home. Soon aft, they dun hav a single memory our special day.

Latino theme with salsa dance is sooooo interesting. Too bad both my FH and me are bad dancer... ha... Im interested in Soiree Ecclectic Chinoiserie theme, love the idea of them using the fan as a table mat. But am still exploring ard for more theme lar :p

chinoiserie

hi all,

i am doing a shanghai theme for my wedding... this is because my hubby is an ang mo n his friends from europe are coming, so i wish to let them have a taste of a very 'china' wedding.

preparation is almost killing me in terms of time and money... i am getting the favours from HK, customising the invitation cards, thinking of whole 'chinese' or 'old shanghai' experience...

gettinghitch

Linny, I also on a tight budget, but after talking to Soiree team, there ensure me that it's not like those rich ppl with super high budget then can go for thematic weddings. Cos last time i always thinks that only super high earnings ppl can afford such thematic wedding.

What's your budget, im planning abt $2K for my wedding decor. Hope my fiance will be able to give me more to do more decor.. heeeeee...

gettinghitch

Hey Chinoiserie, shianghai theme sounds amazing. Wao. Kudos to you.. wish i can be like you.. you can cope with everything to be done by urself? You must be really creative ar..

I rather leave it to the experts.. so i dun have so much in my mind.. cos i cant plan an entire wedding theme by myself... am afraid i missed out something and it dont turn out as expected.

End up i save only a few hundred bucks.. but burdened myself with some many more things to handle and worst, turns out badly design.. hahahahah..

chinoiserie

hi catty, actually you don't really have to spend a lot for a thematic wedding... it really depends on what you want, but of course, u need a lot time to plan and research.

i am quite lucky cos my workplace is a research centre which does research on creating experiences and thus it makes it easier for me bcos while i am doing my research for my job, it applies to my wedding as well...
happy.gif

necrosis

hi chinosierie,

could you share more abt your shanghai theme?
cos my FH is indian, so his relatives are also indina. duh.
so would like them to have some chinese feel...
but yet i want my dances!!!!
happy.gif

any ideas??

catty!! hi there...
i lost this thread and couldn't find it again. :p
how's your theme coming along?

necrosis

more problems for brainstorming
FH likes outdoorsy-gardensy kinda feel...

how does one incorporate that into a chinese backgroud with latino dancing?
of course not all the dances need be latino...prob end up with ballads n pop... :p

chinoiserie

hi nec,

i think ur latino theme is nice! however, i feel that u shouldn't mix the theme with some chinese feel... ur hubby is indian n u are a chinese, so latin is a neutral theme. but if u really want to have some chinese significance, u can try to incorporate some chinese design on your dancing dress such as a mandarin collar, or a nice embroidery of a dragon or phoenix, etc.

necrosis

hihi...

the latin part, well, we met thru salsa ....so it is significant..
but on the other hand, latin is neither one of our culture...
so i would really love to share some chinese culture w him n his relatives...

what are you planning for your shanghai theme??
maybe we can exchange ideas on that too?
happy.gif

chinoiserie

sure, we can share ideas... you can pm me or email me at [email protected]

however, to have a theme wedding, u don't have to be latin... the theme is just something like a memorable event, a common interest, etc. for example, i will be helping my friends to organise a diving escapade wedding.

necrosis

Hi chinoiserie,
i'm nec from the singapore brides forum.

heard you are having a shanghai theme. how are your preperations? maybe i can chip in a few ideas or just lend a ear.
how's the diving escapade you are planning for your friends?

i haven't formulated a theme yet, am pretty sure it will be outdoorsy oriental approach.

cheers,
nec

tried to email you, but received this error:
Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 16): 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account
:p

chinoiserie

hi nec,

i think i forgot the .sg in my email address... it should be [email protected]

i'm now tying up all the loose ends, small items that need to tidy up... all the big ones are somehow or rather done.

as for my friend's wedding, it is still very preliminary as her wedding will be next year. i told her that i will only go full swing on her wedding after mine.

cluelessj

Hi Ladies

My partner and I are having a headache thinking about themetic weddings and location... I am so close to sticking to the usual chinese banquet.. Kudos to all of you!!
happy.gif

And good luck too!
happy.gif

cczyan

Hmm, i think i am a mixture of all your themes. My HTB and I met through salsa dancing, we having dinner at Grand shanghai, which is Shanghai theme. And we love diving. Any comments?

twirlingtulles

oh man. a shanghai theme sounds very exciting!! i was thinking abt that actually but then my mother (can't remember who actually) thought it might come out all wrong. you can have like a grand old shanghai thing with cheong sams and the 1920s splendour and decadence. oh i'm getting excited for you!!! lovely!

thinking of a tropical "hot tropics" theme for ours. ours is held at a country club. so thinking of lots of crystals, feathers and tropical flowers. not sure yet.

rasa

wow, twirlingtulles. I can only imagine a "Brazil/Rio" appearing in the club ballroom and all e guest will be super suprised.

I did a airline theme for my wedding coz my hubby and I are LDR (8 yrs). Our mcs dressed up as airline pilot & stewardess, our invites were like airtickets etc.

Quite well received....

orangeysun

I love the airline theme..so creative. I think if we can't fulfill our dream of a thematic wedding, it can always been done at the before wedding party.

maybe days before the banquet, taking 2k out to do a real good theme party will be very good. Esp when you get to choose the closer friends who will be more sporting, the relatives will definitely not participate in such themes

snooddle

riding a horse??? u tried the zoo? or Singapore turf club?

Anyway I trying to do a scuba diving theme. Cos me and my other half gotta to know each other thru diving! Anyway great ideas???? I'm having great headache!