Solemnization hold together with Banquet

belleteo

Hello,

Anyone intend to hold the solemnization together with the Banquet? That is my planing but wonder can that be work out. All my guest can witness my wedding...that will be so romantic and save money also.
All feedback are welcome!

butterkiss

I attended a friend's wedding in June and she had the solemnization before the dinner starts. For her 1st march in, she marched straight up to the stage with her hubby. After the ceremony, then the dinner started.

This is my dream also, to have the solemnization together with the banquet. But sad to say, my FIL objected back then, so I had to do them separately. I think it's nice to have so many pple to witness the solemnization together.
happy.gif

belleteo

Thanks Butter. I think i will want my dad to march in with me then hand over me to my hubby.

Actually, we wanted a church wedding but after much consideration, don't think that is possible or practical. Cos we are only a believer, in order to hold wedding at church, we need to be the member. More ever, most of my relative and family are buddist so worry that they might feel uneasy when the whole ceremony is praying and singing.
I believe the solemnization took less that 30min right? The only problem we are facing is buying flat as need to produce the ROM cert.

cactus_79

hi Belle,
I think you can register to buy a flat under fiance & fiancee scheme. Only need to produce ROM cert 3 months after taking possession of the keys to your house. However, if you plan to buy a resale flat, and want to use the CPF grant, you will need to be married at the time of application to purchase.

mikiko99

Hi All

Me too, I had my solemnization and banquet together in May. We solemnise after the first walkin. Yah, the whole process took abt 20 to 30 min.

belleteo

Hi Cactus,

Thanks for your information.
I do intend to look for resale flat as it will be more convenience and bigger. I will be meeting my agent in a month time, maybe i can ask for some advise. BTW, my friend waited for 6months before she produce the ROM cert but that was under walk in selection.

Hi Mikiko,

Is it very rush for everything in terms of planing for house, wedding photo so on if i hold both together in one day?
Hows the feeling like when so many peopke withness your wedding?
One more question, did you get a house first?

cactus_79

Hi Belle, yup, the policy is to show ROM cert 3 months within completion. but you can appeal to HDB to delay. Usually, no problem. You can ask your agent for reasons for "delaying".

belleteo

Hi Cactus,

Thanks, I will check it my my agent. I have been doing research, was quite lost as i have not confirmed the hotel yet and yet to start looking for flat

starlight_17

Hi Mikiko,

Did you wait for all your guest to arrive before you start ur solemnization? I'm thinking of having mine after the 1st march in, but im afraid that we will be distracted by late comers, people chatting in the background etc.

belleteo

Hi Mikiko,

Your worry is same as mine. But for me i think i won't care so much. I will have it on time. THose ppl if show respect will in the first place not be late and chit chat behind. Anyway the ceremony took only awhile.
Have you bought a house?

pishako

my soleminzation was held at 8pm.. just before dinner & it was very smooth + sweet..

many guests commented that it helped to make the evening very special. Our JP also prepared personalized vows for us to read..

monkie

for me, my solomisation will be doing on AD,
but instead of doing in a stage, we do in a separate funcation room.

pinky81

Hi all,

I am also considering having soleminization on the Banquet itself.

Have the same worries as Starlight. I can't stand it when people were chatting and talking loudly at their tables.... which always happen at those dinners even when the MP is giving a speech.

lohlouis

Hi all

I'll be having my solemnization ceremony immediately after my first march-in during my customary dinner. I already have the emcee script for the usual customary dinner but not for the solemnization.

Does anyone have the script/sentence to invite the bride & groom in for their first march-in followed by the solemnisation ceremony?

Can please share with me? Please email me at [email protected]

leejeslyn

Hihi,

Can anyone advise me script/sentence to invite the bride & groom in for their first march-in followed by the solemnisation ceremony too?

Pls share with me...Thanks.

My email address is [email protected]

magical

Hi,

Can someone help to provide the program outline and emcee script for the banquet which includes solemnisation ceremony?

ykls

hi, anybody plan to do solemnization after 2nd march in? I was planning to do during that time as most of the guests will be there then and at least there is something on during the mid of the dinner. Thank you.

ruachgall

hi ykls

Dont you think that most of your guests will be busy eating and chatting away if you have your solemnization after 2nd march in?

I m planning to have my solemnization after 1st march in n have the doors closed during the solemnization

ykls

hi winnie and YM, because I thought that if I hold during the 1st March in the people have to wait hungrily haha as I was looking at a weekday dinner previously but now may change to weekend so I think should be ok
happy.gif

peiqing

Hiz,

Anyone can share with me the script for the wedding banquet with solemnization immediately after the first march-in? Have the script for the standard banquet but not with the solemnization ceremnoy.

Any gals can share that script with me ? Thanks.

shirlin3

Hi,

Anyone has the emcee script? for such arrangement? Solmnisation right after the first Walk-in. Thanks in advance.

ene

I am doing the solemnisation before the actual dinner starts. This means only very close friends and family will be present. My thought is, I don't want to subject EVERYONE to watch us take our vows during dinner, after 1st march-in, etc.

My personal opinion
happy.gif

jns

Hi,

Anyone has the emcee script for such arrangement? Solemnisation right after the first Walk-in. Thanks in advance. I have the normal one without the solemnisation.

Franzes_Yen

Hi,

Can anyone advise me emcee script/sentence to invite the bride & groom in for their first march-in followed by the solemnisation ceremony too?

Pls share with me...Thanks.

kiptrip

Has anyone had a "fake" solemnisation after the 1st march-in? I'm signing the papers this year, but would love to do the whole thing again in front of family and friends at the banquet next year, and do the exchange of rings then also. Do let me know what your experience was like if you've done this!