Small wedding dinner of 8 tables?

shavaine

Think hotels with smaller rooms, like Four seasons has the ones on the top floor, fullerton as well, should offer.

Minkishly

I'm also only having 8 to 10 tables! I have a list of venues on my laptop, will share them with you when I get back on it.

I ended up going with Fullerton. The Straits Room can accommodate a minimum of 8 tables.

Off the top of my head, Mandarin Orchard can accommodate 8 tables in their Grange Ballroom as well. I think Carlton, Park Royal and one of the Pan Pacs (I *think* it's the Orchard one) has smaller ballrooms as well.

Another option is to consider signing up for a hotel's solemnization package and opt for dinner. Those require a much smaller minimum number, but of course, the actual venue might not be as grand.

Minkishly

Wedding Dinner (Banquet):

Amara Hotel

Minimum 5, Maximum 8
Wedding Package

Fullerton, Straits Room

Minimum 8, Maximum 12
They don't have an updated one at their website, I'll PM you with mine

Mandarin Orchard
Minimum 6, Maximum 13
Wedding Package

Pan Pacific Orchard

Minimum 5, Maximum 10
Wedding Package

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Minimum 80 pax, Maximum 110 pax
Wedding Package

I have more that I listed at my wedding planning blog with photos of the venues and solemnization areas. (A bit lazy to type them all out :x) It's not very updated though, haven't had the time to update.

I really liked the wedding coordinator that I met with for Mandarin Orchard. His name is Haresh and he's really really nice and professional. Too bad the ballroom wasn't to our tastes, so we ended up going with Fullerton instead (which also has a very good wedding coordinator).

Hope this helps!

Wow!! U're a saviour... The banquet list mostly min 15 tables... Need to ask individual hotels if they offer 8 tables i think. Thanks so much for the list!!

y1x1n

hi Hopefulbride2016

I will have my wedding dinner at Pan Pacific Orchard on 02-Jan-16, Saturday. We have 8 confirmed tables, their minimum is 5, maximum is 10. The package attached by Minkishly is the most updated one.

I visited a few venues with smaller capacity, i.e. 7-8 tables, we decided to get Pan Pacific Orchard because:

1. There is only 1 function room or 1 weeding at anytime in Pan Pacific Orchard. I am a minimalist, i don't want a huge banner with our wedding photos and names on to tell the guests "Hi we are here! it is function room A!". It is also good for our guests, they won't go to the wrong function room.

2. Accessible location. Centrally located, walking distance from Orchard MRT, guests could come by MRT without taking bus. If you host your wedding at Sentosa or Changi Airport, your guests will think twice before they RSVP.

3. No pillow.

4. Price is reasonable.

5. Catering managers are very accommodating. The first one whom I signed my package with resigned, her boss took over. Both of them are very professional, listen to your needs and wants, help you to plan, take the initiatives to call you and arrange meet-ups (I was busy, most of the time overseas). We are vegetarians and we want full-vegetarian banquet, the chefs really do their best to prepare for us. We changed the menu so many times before food tasting and the result was great. No complain so far, probably have to write a letter to compliment them after my wedding.

If you have any questions to ask, please e-mail me, [email protected].. i do not actively check this webpage.

hi Hopefulbride2016

I will have my wedding dinner at Pan Pacific Orchard on 02-Jan-16, Saturday. We have 8 confirmed tables, their minimum is 5, maximum is 10. The package attached by Minkishly is the most updated one.

I visited a few venues with smaller capacity, i.e. 7-8 tables, we decided to get Pan Pacific Orchard because:

1. There is only 1 function room or 1 weeding at anytime in Pan Pacific Orchard. I am a minimalist, i don't want a huge banner with our wedding photos and names on to tell the guests "Hi we are here! it is function room A!". It is also good for our guests, they won't go to the wrong function room.

2. Accessible location. Centrally located, walking distance from Orchard MRT, guests could come by MRT without taking bus. If you host your wedding at Sentosa or Changi Airport, your guests will think twice before they RSVP.

3. No pillow.

4. Price is reasonable.

5. Catering managers are very accommodating. The first one whom I signed my package with resigned, her boss took over. Both of them are very professional, listen to your needs and wants, help you to plan, take the initiatives to call you and arrange meet-ups (I was busy, most of the time overseas). We are vegetarians and we want full-vegetarian banquet, the chefs really do their best to prepare for us. We changed the menu so many times before food tasting and the result was great. No complain so far, probably have to write a letter to compliment them after my wedding.

If you have any questions to ask, please e-mail me, [email protected].. i do not actively check this webpage.
Hi, thanks for the msg. Pan pac was initially my shortlisted hotels but have drastically changed my list - hilton, sheraton and marriott. Intercontinental was out for me as the room they offered is too small and not impressive. Their perks are also not good at all. Sheraton is best in customer service and their hotel is surprisingly grand and elegant. Hilton though not really a 5-star hotel but the lady, Grace, who met us was very friendly and proactive. Function rooms are both beautiful and pillarless. Anyway all the best in your wedding function and congratulations to you!!

Demisnail

Wedding Dinner (Banquet):

Amara Hotel

Minimum 5, Maximum 8
Wedding Package

Fullerton, Straits Room

Minimum 8, Maximum 12
They don't have an updated one at their website, I'll PM you with mine

Mandarin Orchard
Minimum 6, Maximum 13
Wedding Package

Pan Pacific Orchard

Minimum 5, Maximum 10
Wedding Package

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Minimum 80 pax, Maximum 110 pax
Wedding Package

I have more that I listed at my wedding planning blog with photos of the venues and solemnization areas. (A bit lazy to type them all out :x) It's not very updated though, haven't had the time to update.

I really liked the wedding coordinator that I met with for Mandarin Orchard. His name is Haresh and he's really really nice and professional. Too bad the ballroom wasn't to our tastes, so we ended up going with Fullerton instead (which also has a very good wedding coordinator).

Hope this helps!

Wow! This is super informative!!!! You must have saved many people with this post :) Nice blog

katyew

Hi ladies , Am planning for Sep'16 but dunno which venue to choose. Thinking of village hotel at changi as the package is very afforable with lunch buffet but not sure the tasting. Anyone got reviews? ?

Minkishly

Hey @katyew! I can't feedback about the food for VHC but the coordinator is really nice. I was considering that as my venue and his service is beyond wonderful. I sprained my ankle and couldn't make it for our site viewing appointment. He actually offered to come down to my place to do his presentation since it wasn't convenient for me to go out. Would recommend that place based on that since I think service is very important. Plus, it's affordable and the venue actually looks really pretty.