Silhouette the Atelier

kiroro

Hi Curious,
You are book with SIL as well ? Didn't know there is another SIl brides in this forum. I presume your designer is Heath. Oh, I book with Freddie as well. But according to Miah, all of them are good. Just that Freddie is more high profile in the sense that lots of pp priase him in this forum.... Probably, the brides of Justina and Jasmine are not as outspoken..so did not hear much about them. I suggest you ask to see her work from Heath ?

curious

Hi rhs,
thanks for ur advise, will do tat. i don wan look wayang too..
biggrin.gif

Hi kiroro,
me jus sign up with sil, don noe whether did i start my preparation too late, my hubby n i r kind of lazy pple, so everything is like abit when time comes then start panicly look for it...
embarrassed.gif

will arrange n take alot at their work..

btw, is Heath new in sil? din c much comment on him n his work..

rhs

Hi curious,
When is ur wedding? There's no such thing as too late. A friend of mine only started everything 3 months before their wedding. That's what SB is for! U'll get zillions of tips and opinions to help u choose anything ...

I believe Heath is the latest one to join Sil after Amanda quit ard June last year. U can read abt it in June 18 archive (http://singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/1/6468.html?1024412548)

I think the reason one get more comments then others is because when a bride praise him/her, everybody will try to get hold of him/her. That's all. Doesn't mean others are not good.

curious

Hi rhs,

my wedding is on the last week of this dec.. u really ease my mind.. bcos my friends had been keep telling me to get prepare early, one of my friend even start her preparation more than a yr in advance, which worried me quite much.. really stress especially when they ask me whether i do this n tat..
crazy.gif

kiroro

Hi Curious,
Not to worry, you have ample time to prepare since your wedding is last week of dec. However, I do hope that you have book your wedding banquets or church (if you are planning for these) already. Cos it is the hotel or restuarant that required you to book that early. Other than that, I think you are all right ? Oh, which photographer are you engaging ?

curious

Hi Kiroro,

me had book my wedding banquets liao, bcos my friends who had gone thru, keep on reminding me tat, so i do it last month liao, hee, so 1 lesser to worry.

as for my photographer, me not using those listed in sil, i engaging Imagegarden.. =)

rhs

1 MTM WG (rent)
1 MTM EG (keep)
1 MTM Suit (keep)
Trial/studio/day/night make-up
2 Bouquets
1 Car deco
6 Corsages
Rent of kua, EG for photoshoot
Rent of gloves, veil, tiara

Price is about $4K (excl. photography)

S

silimage

hmm.. look like curious is not a good username, too many curious arnd, think i shld change my username to silimage, since me sign up with sil n imagegarden.. hee hee..
lol.gif

Hi pinkapple,

my wedding is last week of this dec.. both my studio n actual day photo will be by imagegarden.

pinkapple

silimage!

ha. what a nick.

me too! studio n actual day by IG. how did u come to know abt them?

ah..n my wedding's in dec too. but 2002. hee...

whoz ya designer at Silh?

S

silimage

hi pinkapple,

got to noe them as they r relatives of my buddy.. hee.. so we have alot in common, same bridal shop, same photographer, same month.. ha ha ha.. but think our designer would be different.. my designer is Heath..
wink.gif

S

silimage

my buddy not married yet.. but got friend use IG, n i like their work, can get along with them quite well too.. so i choose them too lor..

mexx

hey all,

I'm deciding between silhouette and ted wu... luv the ball gowns and like the ones at silhouette but the ones at ted wu dun seem that great... at least for the ones I tried on. I like the embroidery at Ted Wu better but like the ball gown fit at silhouette better....
Has anyone done a ball gown with embroidery at silhouette ? Would be great if you could share with me your pix !
The lady who served me at silhouette was minda... any comments about her embroidery skills ?
Trying to make a decision soon but dunno which one I should choose.

rhs

hi mexx,

I'm also doing embroidery at Sil but dun have any pictures yet since my wedding still in Oct. I find that their embroidery is very nice. Why don't you ask Minda to show you several designs of their embroidery? Maybe you find something you like from there. Or you can also tell them what design you like. I'm sure they are able to do it.

poox

Hi

I visited Sil last week and was attended by Heath. Has anyone got her gown done by him? any feedback? the gown he let me tried on was simply gorgeous......couldn't bear to take it off.

priviledged

I'm having my gowns done by Heath. So far, I've only tried on the evening gown in its preliminary stages and it was absolutely gorgeous! He was very careful to help me to choose the colours and the fabrics, and recommendation of the design. Even in measurement, he was quite meticulous. I'll be trying on the wedding gown and the evening gown again sometime next week. He is doing the embroidery and beadwork himself.

kiroro

Hi Mexx,
I think I am the bride to be you are looking for. I am doing a ball gown but with crystal beading and little embroider. I will be doind my final fit and trial make-up tomorrow. Let you know know the outcome then. But I agree with you, I went to lots of places to try out ball gown. Only those at sih fit me well.....

D

dk

hi Mint!
May i know which photographer did u pick? Got some nice photos there..

I'm still deciding on which bridal TED WU or Silhoutte or others....mine actual day on Nov 2003...

Any one to advise?

orchid

Hi ladies,

Hope you had a romantic Valentine's Day!!! and Happy Chap Goh Meh! eheh.......

Wesley (Memphiswest Pictures) sent in some of our wedding pictures to the "Hasselblad XPan Wedding Photo Competition". Criteria were: panoramic shot of real wedding couple taken using the Hasselblad XPan camera.

We won 2nd prize!!!! Here's the winning shot!
17503.jpg

you can view the rest of the album here:
Wedding Journal:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56478381NIcPZU

my gown was designed by Miah, hair & makeup by Freddy.

poox

Hiee Mint
Thank you so much for sharing your pics. Both your gowns looks beautiful
happy.gif
Hope u were pleased with Heath's service.

Congratulations Orchid for the winning pic....very well taken indeed.

mint

Hi DK

Thanks...Robin was my photographer...my actual day wedding was Nov 2002...

Hi poox,

Thank you...
happy.gif
Yes, Heath's service was impeccable.

D

dk

Hi Orchid,
Wesley (Memphiswest Pictures) is located at Joo Chiat right?
Who did U speak to?
Where about in Joo Chiat? i tried to look for it today but the unit nos. seem to be all mix up.
One side add & opposite even one?
Pl direct ....help.

orchid

Hi DK,

Yes, he's located at 153 Joo Chiat Place.
it's near the coffeeshop famous for black pepper crab.

If you're driving, take ECP, exit at Marine Parade go straight along Still Road, turn left into Joo Chiat Place. it's opp the 1st bus stop u get to (i.e. on your right).

but you should give them a call first. tel: 63422852. speak to Jodie - Wesley's business manager.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi DK,

While you are there, I would also suggest that you arrange to meet up with Ngiap Heng of "The Pond Photography". His number is 63420310. It would be easy for you to meet both Ngiap Heng and Wesley as they share the same studio.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

lizz

worried abt the turnover of designers.... I wouldn't want to sign up with one designer now and end up with another designer doing my gown cos my designer left ! A friend told me about their high turnover of designers so I'm a bit wary.

orchid

Hi lizz,

Miah & Minda has been around for quite awhile. Miah was my designer (wedding last Sep). He was also my sister-in-law's designer (wedding in 1999). Heath just joined abt 6-9 mths. so i don't think they will be leaving any time soon.

cassie

Hi everyone,

Could I know which makeup artists does Silhouette work with and any comments on their work? Thank you.

sunshine

Hi! I am also with Sil and have done my measurement and choosing of design for my BG and EG. My whole package is $4700. I came across a note from rhs(rhs) that there is a rental of gloves, veil, tiara availiable at Sil. I did not mention this part when we are working out the cost for the whole package.

In this case, do i have to pay addition if I require any of these? Because I have only meet up with them twice.

priviledged

Hi sunshine, I believe the 'rental' of most of the usual accessories is complimentary. 'Rental' simply means that you don't get to keep it after the wedding. But you could ring your designer to ask for these things. I think they are usually happy to oblige.

rhs

Hi sunshine, I also agree with Priviledged, rental of accessories is usually FOC. It's a standard practice for most bridal. Can call them to check. u can also borrow kua for PS if u want

mint

Hi lizz and Orchid,
Actually Heath din just join Sil. He was a pioneer there and he went off to help out a friend at Allure. So when Amanda left, he came back lor...

mexx

Hi all,

Can I find out how much u gals paid for your gown package (MTM) + photos including top up. Want to get a general idea of how much I would be spending if I were to choose sil. Can u share which photographer u chose ?

Thanks.

orchid

hi sunshine,

you don't need to rent the accessories. you can borrow them for free. u can also borrow kua or another gown for photo taking. they're very flexible.

rhs

Hi mexx,
My package is ard $4.2k w/o photo. That is partly because I want a lot of embroidery so they charge a bit higher. For rental of kua, I believe if it's available on your actual day they can lend it to u for free? And we choose Chris Ling for photo

mexx

Can someone advise which are the photographers Sil tie up with ? So far I can only remember 3, Lynn Kong, Utopia and Andrew Choi ? Which are the others ?

orchid

Hi mexx,

There's also Wesley Loh from Memphiswest Pictures.

I don't think they charge for borrowing of kua. i think they will lend you as long as no one has booked it first.

mint

Hi mexx,
I paid about $5K in all (incl photography). My photographer was Robin. My package with Sil incl the kua as well. Hope this helps.

mint

Hi cassie,
My make-up artist was Freddy. He's really good. My aunts were very impressed with the way he dolled me up. I recv'd a lot of compliments about my make-up. Also, he's very chatty and humourous.