Silhouette the Atelier

rokko

alamak! odie u r rite leh... must go kokz my head liao... somemore i told u v cute that they folded the napkins into a pair of birds rite?? hehee... i blur liao... hey can i email u?

busybee

hey, rokko!
we sound like two mad parrots, harrassing the people around us!
rofl.gif
but i'd probably sign up with silhouette, almost 90% sure of that, cos the fiance and sister agree that the silhouette gowns are more me and of course, miah is definitely someone we can happily work with for the next few months. all decisions will be made by the end of this month. and then we can compare notes!

hi, odie!
i was wondering if you could share a couple of pics of your gown with me. i understand that it's mostly embroidery, and i'm dreaming about a gown with embroidery and beadings. my friend, who has recommended miah, had her gown done in mainly organza, so it wun be much of a reference. i had taken the liberty to mail you liao.
happy.gif

erizen

Hi all,
I just had my first fitting at Sil last week and definitely glad that I signed up with them. My gown is not 100% done yet but already I love it to bits. Just wondering if they can do a minature of it for me so that I can keep it. Would be so cool....And as usual, Miah is ever so nice and sweet. Had lots of fun during the fitting. Am sure you all would too if u do decide to sign up with Sil.
happy.gif

ccteott

Hi BB
happy.gif

I went to see a tailor last night and he charged me $950 to do the Vera Wang rip off... I have no idea if there is an ok price?

How much is Sil charging you for your gown? Can show you my design this weekend when you pop over yah? Mine has no embroidery, no lace no beading no nothing... Its a very simple gown... Dont know if got kena "ko-tok" also or not... hee

ccteott

Hi rokko,

Thanks for your suggestion
happy.gif
Heng said to go with the current tailor. If during the first fitting the workmanship of the gown really cannot make it then we go to Sil and do another one lor. Coz the first fitting is in Nov 04 and my wedding is Dec 05. But I am praying real hard and keeping my fingers cross that I dont have to do that...
happy.gif

odie

Hi rokko... sure... you can write to me at the above email addy =)

BB.... okie will go check my email in a while. Drop you the link shortly... do keep a lookout.

wkweksl

To all Sil brides,

Just popping by and glad to see that things haven't changed except for their locations at Stamford House. My wife and I went with Sil 6 years ago. Heath was our designer then though he left shortly before our wedding and Miah came on board. Understand Heath's now back with them. Sure bring back pleasant memories. Can't go wrong with Heath or Miah for those who are still on the fence deciding which BS to go. Meticulous & nice people. My 2 cents.

busybee

hi, odie!
thanks, have received your pictures. you look great!

tintin!
yeah, we'd talk photos and dresses this weekend. i'd be dropping by with the fiance and sister in tow. i'm sure they'd roll their eyes when they hear me yabbering about gowns and stuff again. hahahahahaaaa...

busybee

wen,
glad to know that you're having fun! if you dun mind me asking, how's your dress like? i'm quite obsessed with gowns these days.
biggrin.gif

winston,
happy that a sil alumni has dropped by with positive feedback after all these years! i'm not quite so on the fence now...am about to fall off. heeeeeeee...

rokko

odie: hey thanks for the link!!! hehee... sorrie i so blur hor but now i remember your photos liao... looking at both of you, you and hubby look so 'xin fu' together!!! so nice!!
happy.gif
hey but i realised that you had 4 dresses altogether - the WG and blue EG is from sil right? what about the white tea dress and another red EG (at night)? were they also from sil??
happy.gif

busybee: eh u falling off liao ah... hahaa... are you going to still look around somemore or confirm sil oredi???
happy.gif

winston: hey nice to have a sil alumni here (as busybee calls it... hehee)... and thanks for affirming us about sil... i think we're just spoilt for choice with so many bridal shops offering different gowns and all... it's mainly the brides who are agonising over the decision of which BS to go with... my fiance is quite nonchalent about it - he says suits are all the same at any BS!!! and i guess he's right! hehee

erizen

hi busybee...
my wedding gown is a bustier with embroidered flowers(pink and silver).Most of the detailings are on the bustier top as well as the back. As for the evening gown, it is a pastel pink halterneck with lace overlay and beading. At the back, it is crissed-crossed like a corset top. Not sure if u know what i mean.

So what sort of a gown are u thinking of???

odie

Hi Rokko... the white teadress is from Sil as well. Paid an additional $700 for that. The other red dress is tailored by my MIL's dressmaker.

rokko

busybee, i'm totally obsessed with gowns too!!! the moment i close my eyes i start thinking abt my WG!!! hahaa...

wen, i was told that first fitting is usually a v disappointing one cos it looks rather bare wif little details sewn on... if u love it to bits at the first fitting already, just imagine u seeing the finished WG - it wld be fabulous!!! hehee... and btw pink and silver sound v sweet leh... and ur EG is also pink! is that ur fav colour?
happy.gif

odie: oooh i see... wow... how nice to hv 4 gowns! but i think my budget doesnt allow it... will prob stick to the 2 gowns by the BS, if got extra $$ then mebbe can buy a tea dress from some shop like BCBG or something... hehee... did u wear ur tea dress when u went back to your parents' home for tea ceremony? was told by someone that it's tradition for the bride to wear something else (a new dress) when she goes back home to her 'niang jia'... i didn't even know!!! ;p

wkweksl

rokko, relax. We went through that stage too but when my wife saw sil, she was bowled over. Still they will make sure everything is in order for you without you having to worry much. That's important as you have more and more things to worry as your big day draws near and having to fret over your WG is the last thing you wanna do.

rokko

hey winston... hehee yeah i know.. will relax... hehee... just that i think to me, the most exciting bit is the wedding gown! just so wonderful being transformed into a princess for the day! but i think the best thing abt sil is that when miah attended to me, he was fussing over me - the gown and everything! so i am definitely assured that i will be in good hands wif miah!

so winston how is married life now?? can share where u went for honeymoon? that's prob the nicest bit as well... to get away and spend some time together after the whole wedding is over!!!
happy.gif

realised we're all miah's brides or brides-to-be... anyone else wif heath or minda here??
happy.gif

odie

Hi Rokko... yup I wore the teadress back to my parents' place for the tea ceremony. Me too... I didn't know that a bride must wear a new dress when "hui niang jia". Initially I wanted to just wear my wedding gown... to make full use mah since we paid so much... but MIL and mum told me it is not allowed... so I had no choice but to tailor another dress with Sil.

BTW... you will be quite shock to find that your 1st fitting with Sil will be more than what you expect. I thought that I will only be seeing a plain white gown... but to my surprise... the emboidery was already sewn and only the crystal had yet to be sewn on. Even my evening gown... the lace part was all completed except for the beadings.

wkweksl

Rokko, dun know about Miah cos he just joined in late 98. We worked with Heath till he quit about a month before our wedding. I'd prefer Heath but not a fair comment since Heath was the one servicing us until he left.

Married life? Ok until you have kids....then it's busy busy and more busy. We went to Gold Coast for our honeymoon. Din go immediately cos was real busy at that time. Went only a month after the wedding. Liked to take a longer holiday and somewhere further but couldn't due to work and financial constraints, not to mention being poorer after the banquet. Ok, enough rambling from me.

Later....

erizen

Hi Rokko..
Yup..u guessed correctly..pink is my favourite colour :p Actually that was what i heard too and I went half expected to see a white gown with nothing on it. So was pleasantly surprised. Feel quite princessy in them. Now what is lacking is the beading, other than that, think it is more or less done already. But had to do some alteration as well.

Neither did I not that we had to wear a new piece. So think will be getting the kua from Sil to wear for the tea ceremony. Think a kua is quite nice too though very red and bright.

happyforever

Hi Odie,

Many thanks for all yr advises.
Will take heed and do whatever am most comfortable with. ;)

Thanks a million ;)

Hi Wen,

Were you at Silhouette on Saturday abt 2+pm.

Was there for my 2nd fitting with my hubby and friends.

Saw a sweet lady trying a satin bustier gown with pink flower emboidery. After which a pink gown overlaying with lace.

Is that you? ;)

busybee

winston,
hahahha....okok, mai tu mai tu! i'd sign up with silhouette as soon as i can.

rokko,
dun think i'd go looking around anymore. there's simply too many things to do with too little time. moreover, i'm happy happy with silhouette
happy.gif
miah seems to understand what i'm looking for in a gown and i guess i can trust him to make my dreams come true. and you? will you still be checking out other boutiques?

tintin,
sunday lah...hahahaa, you'd know it's me coz i'd have a blur fiance and loud sister with me. actually, i'm loud too...by virtue of profession. tsk tsk....

wen,
yeahyeah! i get you. instead of buttons holding your gown together, you're having it laced yah? i dunno what exactly i'd have, but i'm dreaming embroidery and crystal beadings. i love pink too! but then again, blue's nice too...aiyah, confused....
crazy.gif
guess i'd hafta do homework, as instructed by miah.

eh...miah said to look around magazines like bazaar, martha stewart and i can't rem what else...need help!

erizen

Hi happyforever,
Yeah...that was me!! You are the one that was served by Heath right?! U know, i love your evening gown...that was the colour I wanted but my fiance said it was too bright. That is why settled for the pastel pink. When is ur photoshoot/AD?? BTW....Jasmine is ur make-up artiste right? What is she like?

Busybee
happy.gif
I love embroidery too but I thought since i am already having an embroidered wedding gown, I should have something different for my evening gown hence the lace gown.

happyforever

Hi Wen,

Yes, Heath was my designer.
Hee... me also love pink... that's why had a fushia pink evening gown.
Both yr gown looks very sweet and since wedding gown also pink embroidery.. will look like as if have a theme on yr gown ;)

Like the back of yr gown whereby u laced it up instead of zipping or buttonning.
But during the designing.. was worried might overdo as the train was quite long. Now seeing yr gown... regretted not doing it. ;)

Jasmine is a nice lady... very jovial... can make u laugh. who is yr made-up artist?

my ps will be next month and ad in dec.
How abt u, when is yr ad and ps. can i know who is yr photographer and if any videographer?

ccteott

Hi BusyBee...

Opps... sorry I blur... yes yes sunday... see you then!
happy.gif

You want to see the design of my gown? I have the soft copy
happy.gif

ck~

soo many many postings ...

busybee & rokko ...
have u confirmed sil ?
i guess busybee would be signing with them this coming sunday ...
what about u rokko ?

rokko, saw some postings on u checking on the price for AD photographer .. have u shorlisted ?

tin tin .... would like to see your soft copy of the design of your gown ..
my e-mail [email protected]

thanx thanx...

dioscuri

Hi gals. I'm considering sil and will be meeting them for 1st appt soon.

Are we supposed to do any 'homework'?. Coz I have not decided what kind of gown I want.

Do they have kuas as well?

ck~

thanx tin tin,

saw the 3 pic ..
very simple gown .. nice colour ..
i like the layer on top of the gown ..

the WG is more unique ...
the back looks nice with the ribbon ...
the split too ... looks nice ..

tin tin, u making the gown from another tailor ?
why not take up the package from sil ?
have u tried on others design of gowns ?
off shoulder, low-back ..
lacy ... and etc ?

ccteott

Hi ck,

I'm very tanned so I need a off-white gown. Not taking up the package from Sli coz my talior is charging me only $950 and I can't find anywhere else that will charge me a cheaper price for the standard of workmanship.

I'm very simple person so I didnt want anything fancyful and Ngiap Heng complained that the ones I liked were too simple and we looked thur ALOT of gowns before agreeing on this one
happy.gif

Wedding prep is enough headache so if we can agree on something... I really dont want to rock the boat... I'm sure you know what I mean yah? :p

ck~

tintin,

950 also not really cheap for a gown ..
only materials and workmanship .. no beadings, no embroidery and no lace ...

yes tintin, it's a lot of work ...
i agree with u ..
but i enjoy trying different types of gowns & designs ...
cause some design that i dun fancy ...
after trying looks good on me ...
thereafter re evaluate what i want ..
should say .. i always change my mind ...
i guess my boy boy too know my pattern liao ..
always changing ...
i cut out a lot of gowns that i like ...
but he said ... u sure change ...
lucky he never stopped me from buying more bridal mag ...

so tintin, if u do have time ..
make an appointment with any bridal shops ..
try some gowns ... especially different designs and cuts .. cause not all cuts is suitable for your body shape ...

ccteott

Hi ck,

Thanks for your tips. Its ok coz I dont like beads nor embroidery nor lace
happy.gif
I'm really the no frills type of "boring" person.

Ngiap Heng and I really have alot of work to do so we really don't want to walk from one bridal shop to another to try on one gown after another and have them bombaring us with info and stuff. Its too trumatic an expericne for us.
sad.gif
We have spoken to several designer friends of ours and this is the gown which they have all agreed is "very me" so assurance from the professionals are good enough for me... hee hee...
happy.gif

ck~

simple is beautiful tin tin,
not all exaggerating gowns are nice ...
must suit the personality ...

actually u can find one good shop ..
they will normally have all kinds of shapes and designs .... i mean if u really want too ..
after all .. it's one in a life time ... trying gowns ...

my first experience ... was funny ..
didn't know that i need help in putting on the gown ... ha ha ...

anyway tintin, happy preparations ahead ..

erizen

Hi happyforever,
Thanks
happy.gif
I like the look of my gowns too just that I think I need to lose more weight..think I look a bit like a bak zhang now :p Yup, pink and silver will be the theme of our wedding. Our actual day is in Jan and photoshoot in Oct.Doing my second fitting only 2 weeks before my photoshoot so hope it will not be too rushed.

Jasmine will be my make-up artiste too. So now just looking out for more pictures of make-ups that I like.

We are using Andrew from The Edge for both our photoshoot as well as AD. As for videographer, still considering whether or not we should have one.Have you decided where you will be going for your outdoor shots?

U know...i think u look great in your kua and also i like ur long long train. Makes me wish mine was a bit longer

erizen

Hi happyforever,
Thanks
happy.gif
I like the look of my gowns too just that I think I need to lose more weight..think I look a bit like a bak zhang now :p Yup, pink and silver will be the theme of our wedding. Our actual day is in Jan and photoshoot in Oct.Doing my second fitting only 2 weeks before my photoshoot so hope it will not be too rushed.

Jasmine will be my make-up artiste too. So now just looking out for more pictures of make-ups that I like.

We are using Andrew from The Edge for both our photoshoot as well as AD. As for videographer, still considering whether or not we should have one.Have you decided where you will be going for your outdoor shots?

U know...i think u look great in your kua and also i like ur long long train. Makes me wish mine was a bit longer

odie

Hi dioscuri... if you have the time... just get some bridal magazine to look through or search the internet. That way you will more or less have an idea what you prefer.

But nonetheless the most important part is that you should try on the different cuttings to be very sure which cutting suits you best.

Don't worry too much about doing homework on your own... because the designer will be there to give suggestions and after trying on a few gowns you will slowly get on track.

happyforever

Hi Wen,

Dun worry... me also look like bak zhang now. ;)
We both work hard to shed some kilos okie. 'jia you'
Think should be ok to do 2nd fitting 2weeks before ps. but if u are really worried then try to do earlier... so can have more time to allowed for changes (reckon they will be busy as lots of weddings year end).

Have not decided where to go for ps. u got any suggestions? ;)

hee.... my jie meis nearly fainted when they saw my gown... cos they need to hold for me ;)

remember to try both the gold and red kuas to see which is nicer. only managed to try the red one as the gold one is on loan. think will go try the gold one too.

Hi Odie,
any suggestions as to where is good for ps?

erizen

Hi happyforever
happy.gif

Yeah...we can motivate each other to lose the excess weight. But actually, i think you dun look like bak zhang. Chose the date cos that's when my friend, our wedding planner, will be in Singapore. So not much of a choice there.

Ermm...for us we are trying to pick places that we normally go to so that it will be more meaningful. So perhaps you could form your list that way too.

Haha...mine sure no problem then. Just wondering, is your train so long cos you will be having a church wedding ?

Oh...thanks for that. Never knew they had gold kuas. Are u planning to wear the kua for the tea ceremony?

Bye for now
happy.gif

ccteott

I see... humm... What Ngiap Heng likes to do is ask the couple where they like to go... what they like to do... what is meaningful to them... then he will give recommendations for locations. Maybe you can answer the few question and I can suggest some good places
happy.gif

busybee

hi wen!
initially i was so sure i'd die for a full-lace wedding gown but when i finally did put one on, my mama's wedding pic flashed across my mind!
uhoh.gif
very sure now i'd go for embroidery and crystal beadings. miah agrees it's more me too. heeee....i haven given up on lace though, so i may have a sprinkle of it on the EG. does lace on aquamarine sound weird?

tintin,
i'd love to see your gown.
happy.gif

odie

Hi Happy... our photographer brought us to Marina South. Nice place... you should consider that.

Busybee... initially I was very apprehensive about using lace too... because at the back of my mind I feel that it will make me look old. But my evening gown turned out great. As long as you use the fabric well and don't do it over the top... it should be fine. There are many different type of laces... so choose those that won't make you look old. Mine is lace with turqouise blue... rather close to aquamarine... so I belive it is ok. It is once in a life time chance for you to be daring and bold in your choice of colour and fabric... so make good use of this opportunity. I initially wanted something more subtle but Miah encouraged me to have something bright otherwise I will "drown" under the strong lights and the colour of the ballroom... I am glad that I took his advice ;)

odie

Suddenly remembered something and wondering if any one of you could help me.

I have been wanting to find out what is the essential oil that Sil disfuses but never got round to it. Really like the smell every time I step into Sil. Have been thinking of getting it... but felt really funny to just call or email Miah out of the blue.

Would appreciate if any one of you could be so kind to find out for me when you are at Sil :p Many many thanks in advance.

happyforever

Hi Odie, Wen and Tin Tin,
Thanks very much for the ps suggestions. ;)

Hi Odie,
Will try to remember to ask Heath on the essential oil when I next go silhouette.

Hi Wen,
hee... think cos my gown got can can so can hide my fats.
Also reckon every girl some mentality... won't be satified with own figure. When i look at you i also dun think you are bak zhang... and i myself feel fat. ;) hee... must start eating soupy meal... but just had ribs and waffles with ice-cream for lunch... sigh... how to lose weight..

Me not having church wedding... just that like long long long train.... but heath said there's others with longer train...

Still deciding on the kua. but reckon will not get fm silhouette... cos prefer tradition kua with gold and silver embroidery... so far the most value for money will be rental at the wedding gift shop... let me know if you need to know more info.