Silhouette the Atelier

flowee

hi big

mi also a big frame bride 2 b...
the bridal u mentioned r pretti diff frome each other...
it reali depends on wat details u wana on ur gown...
ted wu - embroidery n beadin
kai n silh - lace n beadin
as 4 tan yoong i personali find them 2 'out of the world' kinda gown...
juz my thots...

bombom

hi flowee!
amanda told u better to wear corset yah? she told me the same thing...
have been looking around but very hard to find here... all very small size... if not very expensive!!!
sad.gif

think i'll buy overseas cause think easier to find my size...

flowee

bom

she asked mi 2 check out sorella n also blush blush...
u koe the grey 1 u c @ silh n amanda is by sorella...

wat is ur size ah???
mine also nt veri 'small size' worh... :p
btw where hv u check out???
can advise???

cldc75

bom, most likely i will get the concept package lor coz the standard package dun have touch up leh for both kim and chris. seriously i think it is expensive but my hubby said nvrmind since once in a lifetime....:p

bombom

hi flowee
me tried tt grey 1 at amanda 2... went to check with sorella. was told they discontinued their corset line, only left with 32A???
sad.gif

my size ah? aiyah paiseh ah... lucky i noe u woman!!!
happy.gif
i gotta wear 34C/36B at least to squeeze in all the fats!!!
blush.gif

that's why i going overseas to buy... singapore very hard to find!
went to a few lingerie shops... they have but very lacy n was told by amanda will interfere with the clean lines of the wedding gown... also about $300!!!!
sad.gif

hi cldc!!!
hey hey... looks like we gonna spend the same amt of $$$ yah? my FH also said might be more worth to get the whole concept package if not end up topping up like crazy... then might end up spending more!!!
sad.gif

u going to see kim n chris soon?
i thinking of signing this weekend so that can get the dilemma outta my head!!! only prob is... kim or eng howe??????
uhoh.gif

flowee

cldc

ur hubby back in sg oredi???
muz b veri happi lor...
happy.gif

ur hubby so nice 2 allow u 2 spend a bit more in photogaphy...
my guy concept is can take cheaper one take the cheap n gd one lor... :p

bom

huh sorella one onli left with tat size ah???
i also cant fit in tat size...
mi like u size 34C/36B... :p
amanda she asked mi 2 look 4 clean cut ones...
asked mi 2 check blush blush...
u check this shop yet???
mayb we can update each other of the findin since we r both of the same 'size' ok???

ladies

btw u sign with ur studio photographer u might wana 2 pay them a visit...
communicate c can click or nt 1st mah...
who koes u cant click with the person but like his works???
best 2 find one who u like his works n also comfortable in front of him...

T

tootoo

Hi cutichar

Your $3880 package - does it include make-up and hairstyling? Do you know which are the make-up artists they work with? I also do not need photography. I don't need EG too, do you know what will the price be like? Does Sil have an email add?

Thanks!

orchid

Hi ladies, I was a silhouette bride too! Really loved the gown. No regrets. Here's the link to my photos!

Studio: http://community.webshots.com/album/40751288rusUAc
Our studio pictures were taken by Wesley Loh of Memphiswest Pictures: http://www.memphiswest.com
He's a personal friend of mine for years!

Actual Day: http://community.webshots.com/album/51296897VFykAa
Our actual day pictures were taken by another friend who does this for fun (pretty good, i must say).

Wedding Gown by Silhouette
Hair/Makeup by Freddy
Evening Gown bought off the shelf from designer bridal gown sale
Flowers by Amanda's Florist & Gifts (Tel: 62358101)

Hope u enjoy the pictures!!

orchid

btw, Robinsons (raffles city) has corsets at the lingerie dept. Triumph one cost $59 (nice colors & feels good, abit ex). Sorella one cost $29 - $39 (can't remember which one, it's not too bad & the price is good). cos of the cutting of corsets, u might need 1 size bigger or else cannot breathe!

don't get lacy ones. they're not suitable for wedding gown. the corsets are going to be sewn into the gown, then after your wedding, u can cut them out, return the gown & keep the corset.

cutiechar

Hi Tootoo,

I din ask abt the makeup artiste..think most makeup artiste should be fine..let them know wat u wanna on that day..
hmm..minda told me total 4 makeup..I din ask abt the hairstyling..think it should be together with makeup...
she calculate and offer me the price without photography, I will oso be asking her abt the price without EG..but i think its will be cheaper..

tootoo, have u gone down to sih? minda is quite helpful and flexi..talk wif her and she is able to work out for ya..when is ur wedding?

cheers

update me

marie

Hi Cutiechair

me went down to visit Sil today. Like the gowns alot. I think if i am not wrong, if you do not wanna EG, it would be $400-500 off the package price.
------------
Hi all
any comments on the EG for Sil? I have seen some WG and am very impressed but have no chance to look at actual EG only saw pics from the photo album from their fashion show...need more feedback on the EG

Thanks!

cutiechar

Hi Marie

Yar..their gowns are nice, I managed to try abt 5 gowns but like u, I got no chance to see the EG coz minda din show me any..I think there should be no prob..jus just a matter of their workmanship I guess..
I have more or less confirmed sil. how abt u?

cheers

marie

Hi Cutiechair!

I like the effect of SIL gowns..its clean cut but doesnt lose the wow effect..

I think i still wanna see see look look a few others..heard alot of good comments for Kia, Tan Yoong, Ted Wu...might be thinking of popping by Wedding Present.

If i take up with SIL..think i would forgo the EG..somehow felt their EG not as nice as their gowns..and its not my style le..

What about you? If u take up SIL, which photographer you taking?? I think they have packages for Linn and Robin?

CHEERS!

bloomz

Hi Flowee/cldc/Pinkapple/Bombom,

Thanks for your comments and advise.
I have good news
happy.gif
I signed up with Silh on Sat liow
biggrin.gif
Me very very happiee now. Cannot sleep yesterday cos kept thinking of my WG design. hee...

My designer will be Heath
happy.gif
Will be going down this sat to start my designing process liow coz its only abt 6 1/2mths to my wedding day. Very excited and looking fwd to it.

In the end, I chose Robin coz of budget. But he is ok lah, me & FH went to see him and is quite comfortable wif him and we like his pics coz very sharp and focus.

cheers!!!

flowee

bom

i found the 36B sorella corset @ metro...
din buy it yet dun feel veri comfortable in it...
u might wana 2 go check it out...

orchid

tks 4 ur feedback...

bloomz

copngrates 4 sigin up with silh...
hv fun...
happy.gif

cutiechar

Hi Marie,

Yar! true, my husband had a "wow" effect and I have oso decided to sign up with sil, I oso heard ted Wu and Kai was good as well, but I din wanna make myself confused..das why i stick to Sih, heard these 2 are more ex than sih...I think I am contented with sih..hehe..
hmm..I got a frd who oso used sih, and her photos for EG don seem to be nice though, agreed with u..but where can I get the EG elsewhere?quite confused..
I will be taking Robin coz heard he is OK and he be returning the negatives as well, as for Linn, i never heard of her ley..
Who did u speak to at sih? I spoke to Minda, she's ok but jus worried for my EG..btw, any additional charges for kua?

cheers

marie

Hi Cutiechar

yah..i think Ted Wu and Kai more ex than Sil..but not too sure of their exact package
Hehe..i oso scare the more i see the more confused i get..but the vain me decide to go look see look see more..i am taking it like an excursion and another way to spend me and my hubby weekend time..coz its usu food and movies..hehehe

I think if i sign up with Sil..i would give their EG a miss..coz from the pics..i oni saw one or two that i like..and i think if i am not mistaken..the EG they provide is the bascic one and if u need more details to be on the EG..u need to top up

Oh..me oso serve by Minda..very nice and patient lady..

Kua?? Dunno leh..she no mention anything abt kua leh?? U mean can rent from her ah? She tell me its better for me to buy my own tea dress outside leh..

What is the package price she quote you? Issit $3980 w/o photograhpy?
I wont be taking Robin or Lynn..might be looking for out for others..

flowee

AA

they r versatile in their detailin works...
ie. lace, beadin, crystals...

btw visited any bridal durin the wkends???

bombom

hi orchid

thanx 4 sharing ur lovely pics! u look so radiantly happy!!!
happy.gif

i really love ur embroidery... not forgetting the LONG LONG train!!!
happy.gif

btw, who's ur designer?
oh yah, thanx 4 info on corsets... will go check them out.
congrats on your new title of MRS!!! wishing both of u marital bliss till eternity!!!
bounce.gif

hi flowee

thanx 4 info on corset!
happy.gif

will be following orchid's advice n check out robinsons... will keep u updated yah?

hi bloomz

congrats to yet another silh bride!!! u n me same same designer... heath!!! he's really great yah? hope we'll get the gowns of our dreams!!!
smile.gif

hi cutiechair

welcome to the silh club!!! now we got more n more pple to tok with!!!
happy.gif

hi cldc75

wanted 2 tell u we finaly made the decision... signed with kim for the concept albulm!
keeping our fingers n toes crossed... hope we'll have a great time n that the photos will turn out great!!!
happy.gif

u went to see chris n kim yet?

bloomz

Hi Pinkapple,
Oh dear oh dear....so who is your photographer then? Please do share with me still.

Hi Bombom,
Yeah! Heath is cool! Now I am jus afraid that I will be too fickle over what I want...coz there are jus soo many nice design, material, cut, detailing etc....and we can only have ONE gown
crazy.gif
sigh.....

Hi Orchid,
I like your shoes. Where did you get them?

cldc75

flowee, my hubby back last friday, i was over the moon!
happy.gif
miss him so much leh!

congrats bloomz on signing up wif Sil!
happy.gif

bom, i visited utopia last sat but my hubby dun like his work so go back to kim and chris...i am fixing appt wif chris this sat and maybe next sat for kim dun want to pack our schedule in the weekend for searching photographers as we have quite alot of errands to do too for our new hse.

flowee

bom

ok u check check ard then let mi koe hor...
happy.gif

bijou

u signed up with jawn???

bloomz

pink is with imagegarden...

cldc

happi studio photographer shoppin...
happy.gif

cutiechar

Hi Bombom

indeed we are gunna enjoy ourselves here..haha..

Marie,

true oso..weekend its indeed usually food and movies, kinda bored..actually looking bac, its good that weekend can be spend looking for venue and bridal, I be goin to bridal veil I guess..if not wont si xin..hehe..
Actually, minda quote me $3880 ley,same things as you, without kua oso..
so will u be confirming with sil? and where u holdinh ur banquet?

cheers

bijou

Hey Flowee,

No lah.. me still waiting for my fiance to finish his exams. Today is the first paper, the last one is next tue. so, hopefully i can visit Frederick lee and Amanda Lee next sat and then I will decide...

So, you have booked with Amanda?

orchid

Hi Bom Bom,

Thanks!! Miah was my designer.
When we first went to Silhouette, we tried on like alot of gowns, then sort of matched the styles to something that suited me. i had a "this is it" feeling. When he found out that my church had a long aisle, he suggested to go for the train. i didn't realise it was THAT long until i saw the pictures! but i tell u, it was abit gross by the end of the day :p

Hi Bloomz,
I got my shoes from Leapin' Lizard

Hi Bijou,
I think u're refering to the pews. The pew decor was done by my florist. It cost us $180 for the flowers & organza. There were 30 bunches @ $5/bunch. 10m organza costs $3/m from Chinatown (only forn1st 4 pews). There were 3 weddings in the church that day, so the cost was split among the 3 brides.

The rest of the church decor was done by the church (main centrepiece, side flowers, etc). We just had to specify the color theme (yerps, all 3 brides had to meet and agree on a color theme for the flowers). Price included in the rental of the sanctuary.

C

comments

r the gowns at sil taiwanese style? I don't like taiwanese styles gowns, like Ted Wu, a bit Tawainese leh.

marie

Hi Cutiechar
minda quote me $3980 leh..how come different from yours?
I intend to look ard for more bridal shops first before i make a decision.
U leh..u confirm liaoz?
Dinner ah..me and my hubby confirm at conrad..now waiting for the contract to be drafted. What about you

kiroro

Hi Marie,
I am a SiL client as well, however my designer is Miah. And I had also confirmed my dinner at COnrad. Look around... I have spend time shopping at couple of the bridal shop like BV, Ivory Alsie, Ted Wu, The Wedding PResent.... But only SIL can help to visualise my dream gown. All other places gown are extremely small for me and I cannot really fit.
happy.gif

cutiechar

Hi Comments,

Sil is not taiwanese style, If they are, I wont even consider them oredi ;)..

Hi Marie,
Hmm..I am abit tired to look for bridal liao, Sil can make me feel good but jus worry abt the EG leh..hai*..
As for dinner, we have confirm with Traders in our mind, will be goin down to meet them after my MIL gave us a date, actually I heard conrad not bad oso but I think its ex rite? btw, I hav onli set my eyes on traders coz of the food, have not look ard hotels..is it very impulsive without looking ard for more hotels ar? traders is within my budget and until recently I realised that regent,holiday Inn park oso my budget plus I oli target 18 tables, not much choices..

keep me updated

cheers

miko

hi cutiechar,

actually i have the same thoughts as you for the EG...but after searching high and low for a EG, i decided to let Sil MTM the EG.

i am very happy with the EG that Minda has done so dun worry too much. If you wanna take a look at some pics of the EG, I can email some to you.
happy.gif

hee, need to go on diet now as wedding is drawing near...i case i can't fit into my WG...

bloomz

Hi Miko,
I am a new silh bride to be. I have not seen their EG b4...to be frank, EG did not really cross my mind at all until I started reading all these threads on Silh not being good on EG.
I had previously thot that since they are good in WG then obviously EG should not be a problem.
But can't help getting worried after reading these threads.
Will appreciate if you can mail me your pics of EG: [email protected]
Btw when is your wedding? Your gowns are all ready?
Hope to hear from you...thanks.

marie

Hi Cutiechar

yahloh..all these bridal shops scouting can be quite tiring and i guess the more u see..the more confuse you get..hehe..so far i have not seen others..would be going to @@ a few more..though have not decide on where.

Oh..we choose conrad becoz of their service and also their price per table is within our budget. It was also highly recommended to us by my younger sis who had stayed there for weekend gateways. She is impressed with their service level.

I think Mandarin oso has a ballroom that can accomdate ard 18 tables?? Not very sure but they having some promotions now..free flow of beer?
U might like to check it out too.
========
Hi Miko!

Can i also take a peep at your EG? My email is [email protected]

Many thanks!

cldc75

Hello!!
happy.gif

update abit thou nothing much lah...keke...i have fixed up appt with Chris Ling this sat going to see his work and the packages he offered.
happy.gif

comment,
Sil is definitely not taiwanese style. Go and see for yourself and you will understand more...
happy.gif

miko, I am oso a potential Sil customer can I take alook at your EG too? my email: [email protected]. Thank you.

orchid

the EG that i saw when i was there were all very glam ones. i thought they looked quite good. i didn't take their EG cos i didn't need such a glam EG since we were having a simpler dinner.

bloomz

Hi Miko,
Wow...I think your WG looks amazing!
bounce.gif
You look fabulous in it. I am so envious =) Is it OTR from Silh? Its very close to my dream gown...

Cant really see your EG but it looks pretty good too. Looking fwd to see more pics of you in EG..

miko

hi bloomz,

yes, my WG is OTR. One bride actually MTM it for her wedding and returned it to Sil. I am the 2nd bride wearing it. Actually thot of MTM a WG but after trying that WG, i fell in love with it and decided to take that OTR.
;)

bombom

hi past n present silh brides!
just wondering... anybody has any recommendations for make-up artist?
i have to book my soon n not sure who to go for?
sad.gif

anybody can help?
thanks!!!
happy.gif

bloomz

Hi
How many make up artists are with Silh? Can we actually choose who we want for our make up artist? How will we know who is better coz I am sure we cant get them all to do a trial for us...If not, then what is the purpose of a trial?
Thanks
happy.gif