Silhouette the Atelier

flowee

cldc75

i chat more in sb...
used 2 sb oredi...
veri diff 2 follow up in fbo coz those r 'live chat' n i cant afford 2 chat tat muz durin office hrs... :p

glad 2 koe u had finalised ur bridal...
shd b time 2 check ard @ the studio photographers...
mine is the other way round...
oredi settle 4 the studio photographer nw gonna check ard those bridal who tie up with utopia...
some of the bridal tat tie up with utopia r: bv, amanda lee, flamingo,emaunel b,ted wu...
will b checkin out flamingo,emaunel b,ted wu durin the wkend...

amanda's package a bit ex after we decided 2 get utopia instead of robin...
wld like 2 get back all the neg n prints which means either we top up pixs till 1.5k will get the neg back 'free' or pay $800 2 buy back the neg...
gonna take tat amt in2 consideration...

P

poki2412

Hi cldc75

How ve u been lately?? Confirm signing up with Sil oredi? I m still looking ard....

cldc75

Hello flowee, have you find any bridal studio that tied up wif Utopia that you liked? Update me okie?
happy.gif

Hey poki, whr have you been? how are you? you still cannot make up yr mind abt amanda huh? :p
yah me most likely will take up Silhouette with minda but my hubby will be traveling biz trip to US next 2 weeks thus i have to wait for him to come back so we can visit the photographers (either kim or chris) personally in order to shortlist one of them before signing wif Silhouette.

Our experience with minda was really very enjoyable and abit "tiring" coz she really let me get a feel of wearing WG boy! :p and she oso let my hubby tried out different suits to see which type he liked. My hubby think out of Amanda, Bridal Veil and Silhouette, he prefers Silhouette coz he find minda very professional, friendly and experienced even Heath not serving us oso bother to come over to give us his opinion on what types of WG and suits looks good on us! I must said i was definitely impressed with their service and personal touch.

Remember i told you i went down Silhouette some time back and worried i might have communication problem with minda....well, after this appointment i am kind of comfortable to let her incharge of designing my WG for me on my special day.

Thou Silhouette's package abit expensive compared to the other two bridal shops but my hubby supported me to choose Silhouette.

Are you still considering Silhouette? I hope you are coz we can discuss Silhouette service and package often.
happy.gif
Let me know your bridal sourcing okie!

Take care and keep in touch.

flowee

cldc75

hows ur wkend???
i had done some bridal shoppin on sat...
some of them they do tie up with utopia...
tried some gowns n one of them gave my guy the 'wow' effect...
he told mi i look like his little princess in the gown...
but the prices is pretti steep still lookin ard 4 more choices...
so far onli shortlisted amanda lee n ted wu ( the 'wow' effect is by ted wu )...

i wld like 2 check out silh after hearin so many gd comments abt them...
which designer wld u recommend???
btw r u attendin the bv show this comin fri???
will b checkin out their gowns then...

cldc75

Hi flowee,

your FH like ted wu huh? if yes, and you oso like the WG den go for it lah...since got the "wow" effect not every shops you go to will have such effect leh!
happy.gif

yes, definitely encourage you to check out silh but i dun really know which designer you should use leh...i talked to both minda and heath find them both very nice happened minda is the one who i fixed the appointment with if not i sure take heath coz find him very nice and friendly too.

yup, i will be going to BV show this fri too coz got their invite quite long ago....thou sorta of confirmed engaging silh but no harm taking alook at BV gowns....
happy.gif

P

poki2412

cldc75

Yup you are rite.... i still cannot decide.. considering between Amanda & Sil... wat a tough decision to make...

Me too... will be attending BV Bridal Show this Fri... want to take a look at BV gowns...

Will keep you informed once i have decided...... take care...

flowee

cldc75

last nite i drop by silh...
miah attended 2 mi...
i tried 3 gowns n my guy mentioned the 'wow' effect nt as great as ted wu gowns... :p
had shortlisted ted wu, amanda lee n silh...
will b checkin out bv durin their fri show...
headin with some gf...

cldc75

Hey flowee, great to hear that your guy oso feel the "wow" effect when you tried on Sil's gowns. Well...since now you have see all your 3 shortlisted bridal shops will you decide soon or after the BV show??
happy.gif

flowee

cldc75

glad he is able 2 comment on the gowns i tried on from diff bridal coz some of my gf they had a hard time decidin which one is the best 4 them coz their hubby hv no comments... :p
fri catchin bv show with my gf n visitin kai couture on sat...
shd b able 2 make up my mind after this wk...
happy.gif

how abt u???

bombom

harlows everybody!
so glad to find this thread!!!
i'm been having such a hard time deciding between silhouette, amanda lee and bridal veil!!! have had the "wow" effect with silhouette and amanda... but didn't get to try gowns at bridal veil although have heard good thing about them. so confused!
sad.gif

wonder if the package offered will be any better at the BV show? you gals going?

flowee

bom

i had shortlisted ted wu, amanda lee n silhouette (in preference order) after tryin on their gowns...
the 'wow' factor can b achieved by all 3 bridals...
mi will b attendin bv show wana 2 hv a feel of their gowns...
which photograher r u interested in???
found out from colin of bv their show packages comes with 'upgradin' of pix size 4 kim or extra wall hung portrait throw in by utopia...
there wont b signin up of bridal package @ the show...
u can make appt with bv after viewin their show...
promotion will end 2wks after the bv show...
hope the infor helps...

cldc75

flowee, me sorta of confirmed to sign up with Silhouette but haven't decided to choose which photographer (either Kim or chris mah) so have to wait for my hubby to come back from his trip to select the photographer den confirm wif Sil lor. Should be by end of Oct lah.
happy.gif

poki

Hi bom

Me too... ve hard time deciding between Sil & Amanda Lee.... Minda and Amanda are friendly and nice... so who attend to you at Sil?

Been to BV... yalor cannot try their gowns and dun even have a chance to speak with Michelle... will be attending BV bridal show this Fri.. want to take a look at their gowns.... heard they only do beading & crystals, no embroidery....

flowee

cldc

will decide which bridal 2 get after my bridal shoppin this wkend...
finali goin 2 settle my bridal issue...
happy.gif

poki

dun fan mi sure hope 2 b able 2 help...
juz let ur heart rule ur decision...
i m sure everythin will b fine...
happy.gif

bombom

hi flowee!
guesss you must be a fan of embroidery yah? went for the ted wu show at fullerton in aug... his gowns are really lovely! heard that the fit and cut is superb so you should be in good hands if you go for him!
as for the photographers, having a tough time deciding between kim and eng howe. we fell in love with kim's concept albulm but get along better with eng howe! such a dilemma!!!
sad.gif

another thing is that with montage, they allow upgrading of the package offered by ted or amanda to the concept albulm whereas kim's pretty firm about not upgrading. so if we go for kim we'll have to sign bridal n photography seperately! $$$

bombom

hi poki!
aiyah! i'm in the same boat as you!!! both gave me the "wow" effect and prices are pretty similar so it's really a tough decision!
heath attended to me at silhouette and i really adore him! he's so nice and accomodating! amada's really nice too and she spent so much time with me...
gowns wise, i think both will give the same effect cause afterall, amanda's from silhouette. i think my decision will be based on whether we go for kim or eng howe.
really tough making decisions yah?
as for bv, detailing wise will be pretty limited to beading and crystals. fallen in love with lace applique so bv might not be the one for me... but still going to the show cause i heard they've got a new thing... crystal pearls???

flowee

bom

clever ger...
m more in2 embroidery than other details...
ted wu they hv nice n unique embroidery which my guy he's pretti impressed over the color combinations done on their gowns...

will b engagin utopia as my studio photographer...
takin a separate package 4 photography n bridal coz utopia hvin a promotional one nw till this sat...
they r throwin in extra 6pcs of pixs n a portrait...

u mentioned abt kim n montage...
ted wu is hvin a promotional package with montage...
@ $5180 u can get a free upgrade 2 the new album...
u might wana 2 check out...

i felt tat most imptli u gonna get along n feel comfortable with ur photographer...
juz my thots...

cutiechar

Hey all,

I jus went to sih last nite. I was served by minda and she is great, guess she is professional in her own way, she let me try 4 gowns which all i like and she does not have hard selling pressure on us.I would say i am satisfied with the serivces.Pls comment on my package below:

1 MTM WG and EG
1 MTM Men Suit
Corsages, 4 make up( 1 trial) and bridal car decorations,hand and studio bouquet.
Photographs by Linn Tong or Robin
Robin offer: 20 pics( forget size liao)
return negatives
Linn offers: 20 pics,tabel top, and extra
small pics(forget size liao)

In total the package is $4680. But if I were to take out the photograhy and Minda is willingly to keep down to $3880 which I think its reasonable..

Any sih brides to comments?

cheers!

A

aa

Hi, calling all Silhouette's brides...

What are the photographers it is tied with?

cldc75

flowee, you were there too?

well....the gowns are mostly simple designs with alot of crystals as usual fabrics using d. satin lor not bad lah but not my preference.

you? you decide which bridal shop oredi??
happy.gif

flowee

yes i was there 2 with poki...

i like d satin but dun koe 2 get embroidery or crystals...
their gowns r pretti elegant lookin...

nw mi headache which bridal 2 get???

bombom

hi cutiechair and cldc!
just thought maybe the reason why cutiechair was quoted $3880 could because the package doesn't include the tea dress/kua on loan?
as for me... i have just joined the ranks of silhouette brides!!! keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a wonderful experience... which is what i have been experiencing with them so far!!!
happy.gif

poki

Hi bombom

u have signed up with Sil oredi?? Can share why u din choose Amanda?? I'm still in a dilemma.. still cannot decide.... Is Minda ur designer??

Which photographer u have engaged?? Tonight i'm meeting Travis frm Utopia...

bombom

hi poki!
yup! just signed with silh and really glad my bridal boutique dilemma is all over!!!
bounce.gif

amanda was second on my list but my FH felt more comfortable with a male designer... not forgetting that heath was really wonderful!!! We were also a little concerned that with the recent economic downturn, it might be safer to go for long established businesses...
as for photographer, we have decided on kim cause totally "wowed" by his digital effects... though a little apprehensive cause he's a little quiet!!!
have fun at your utopia visit yah?
happy.gif
his works really good but my FH n i both prefer digital... that's why we were only considering the compass photographers...

cldc75

cutiechar, your package dun have kua or teadress for loan huh dats why $3880 only??

pinkapple, i prefer more flowy material not so stiff such as lace, chiffon or organza etc.
happy.gif

so now only left poki and flowee not decide yet lah...

bombom, your package is $3980 huh got teadress or kua isit??

bombom

hi cldc75!
you're rite! my package included the kua/td... but will be going for the kua cause my side's cantonese...
update... think flowee's decided on amanda. happy for her but so sad... one less silh bride to chat with...
sad.gif

you almost confirmed with silh rite?
happy.gif

btw, i having almost the same dilemma as you... dun know which photographer to go with... tuff choice btw studio d'fia n montage... how?????
uhoh.gif

who u going with?

cldc75

me oso taking kua coz my family and my hubby's side oso cantonese leh.
happy.gif

oh flowee decided on amanda liao huh....but she will come in to chat wif us here or not?
sad.gif

i still dunno abt the photographer leh...will update you when i visited them personally maybe next week when my hubby back in town.

bombom

cldc75

so we going for same package yah? yipee!!!
bounce.gif

aiyah... sure flowee no forget us yah?
happy.gif

for kim/chris, u going for concept albulm? very ex hor? dun noe whether to spend that kinda $$$???

btw, when's ur big day? gonna start gown designing proper soon?
oh yah, which make-up artist u choosing? me confused...
uhoh.gif

cherry

Hi

Just wondering anyone of you know what is their signature style??

I a bit to the plump side, do they have grown for people like me?

poki

Bom & cldc

Confirmed signing up with Utopia oredi... Going to pay the deposit this sat... I'm having the same package as flowee...

Bom

Thanks for sharing....

bombom

hi cherry...
you plump... i fat!!!
happy.gif

dun worry, they will design something that suits you best! the moment i tried on some of their gowns, just felt like a million dollars... could feel my fats "dissolving away"... hee hee!
biggrin.gif

they are pretty versatile and no real signature style... though they are known for their lace applique detailing. but if you're looking for superb cut and fit... give silh a go!!!
happy.gif

bombom

hi poki!
no prob!!!
happy.gif

good for u!!! now your photographer's settled... one less headache!
bounce.gif

still got bridal to decide huh? dun worry... whatever u decide, you'll come out looking like gorgeous... that's the priviledge reserved solely for brides!!!
biggrin.gif

flowee

cldc

mi oredi decided on amanda lee...
will b visitin her again soon...
happy.gif

bom

aiyoh dun worri i will still drop by 2 chat here...
but pai seh coz its a silh bride threat but mi aint a silh bride 2 b... :p

btw which photographer r u interested in???
mayb can check out utopia travis...
their promotion package ends this wkend...

cherry

dun worri i aint a thin bride 2 b either...
pretti worried b4 i check out bridal shop how they will react when they c mi...
the worries r unfound coz if they r pro enough the designer shd b able 2 hide our flaw...

poki

we copy cat each other hor...
u gettin actual daz photographer???
if yes mayb we can engage the same photographer n ask 4 extra stuf... :p

cldc75

yah bom, we can exchange feedback!
happy.gif

poki, you taking amanda too? congratulation! finally make up your mind huh.

bom, my hubby like kim but i like chris leh but i think utopia oso not bad...aiyah i stil dunno who to sign up wif leh!
sad.gif

my wedding next year Nov, yours?? I haven't decide on the make up artist yet, you are using who??
happy.gif

bombom

harrows flowee!!!

aiyah so glad got more pple to talk to... this wedding very the big headache ah!!! but fun yah?
happy.gif

photographer stilll deciding... kim for his digital effects or montage for eng howe's outgoing nature???
uhoh.gif

hey hey cldc!!!

mine nov too!!!
smile.gif
we can plan tog yah? guess our silh appts will be around the same time... u minda... i heath!!! yippee!!!
happy.gif

make-up i undecided, thinking of freddy cause heard lotsa good stuff bout him... but u think male or female better?

i think chris more frenly but we love kim's concept albulm... but gonna have to pay $3800... $$$$$$$!!!! dun noe worth or not?
sad.gif

flowee

bom

u oredi selected ur bridal but hvnt settled with which photographer???
heng i dun hv this trouble coz i like utopia all this while...
veri happi 2 hv travis as my studio photographer...
happy.gif

btw montage hvin promotion with silh???
coz ted wu is hvin promotion with montage...
free upgrade 2 the latest size album...

poki

cldc

Most probably will sign up with Amanda.... I m more comfortable with her.... Hope i have made a right choice.... wat a tough decision.....

I'm still waiting for my MIL's Shifu to pick an auspicious date for us
sad.gif
.... afraid i can't get the hotel i want for my banquet
sad.gif
... i know it is very late liao..... wat to do....

bloomz

Hi all Silh brides,
I am quite certain that I am gonna sigh up with Silh liow.
wink.gif
All the positive comments made me feel really assured and confident that its the right decision.
Prob is if I sign up with them think I can only afford the Robin/Linn package.

I would love to consider Kim and Montage. Anyone knows if they are tied up with Silh? I can't remember liow. If so, do you know how much is the package?
Also can someone elaborate on the Ted Wu/Montage promotion?
Cheers!

flowee

bom n cldc

went dn 2 visit amanda this evenin...
more or less confirmed 2 b with her oredi...
so glad i finali settled my bridal after a few daz of headache...

bloomz

if i aint wrong durin my visit 2 TW, jean mentioned tat montage hvin promotion package with them...
its @ $5188 inclusive of photography...
the perks is 2 b able 2 upgrade 2 the new album size...
its best 2 check out with TW...

bombom

hi bloomz!
silh only ties up with chris or andrew where can get their standard package at $2000 instead of $2600...
have to go to kim or montage seperately where can take their usual package at $2600 or concept albulm for $3800...
hope this helps!!!
happy.gif

cldc75

bom,
we can go appointment together lor and exchange opinions on our gowns so minda and heath can improve more mah!
happy.gif
Heehee...you ask me female or male make up artist better ah? i oso dunno leh..maybe let my hubby decide....:p

poki,
your shifu like tortoise leh...how come so slow? which hotel are you eyeing...continue like dat sure very difficult to get venue one leh.

bloomz,
i think if you try to talk to kim he might offer you his standard package at $2K (this is what minda suggest to me lah) no harm trying right?
happy.gif

bombom

cldc

u going for the normal 20pc with kim/chris isit?
got consider the concept albulm or not?
we really love kim's 38pg concept albulm but very the ex lah... you think worth or not???
sad.gif

bigbig

hi everyone

i'm considering between kai, ted wu, tan yoong and silhouette .. somemore me a big bride! can anyone give me advice?