Separate rom and actual day

Di4Au

Hello, is there anyone who had done rom first followed by actual day (in separate year)? I would like to know how the process is like on the actual day.. do you still make the vow and exchange ring?
I have already done my rom and my actual day is still unknown because of covid (and border issue). But in the event I need to do preparation in the future, I need to know how to plan for it too because i feel that it might be weird to exchange vows and rings again since we've already done that during rom?

joysl82

I be having ROM and Chinese ceremony aka fetch bride this Dec and banquet only in next May. I will not do any exchange vows and rings or fetch bride next May. We simply have banquet and tea ceremony for extended family in next May.

Have to be flexible in pandemic. Most important is not the wedding ceremony, is the journey of marriage.

Di4Au

I be having ROM and Chinese ceremony aka fetch bride this Dec and banquet only in next May. I will not do any exchange vows and rings or fetch bride next May. We simply have banquet and tea ceremony for extended family in next May.

Have to be flexible in pandemic. Most important is not the wedding ceremony, is the journey of marriage.
Ah..I see would you be wearing like those actual day gowns and changing into two gowns for the banquet? I'd like to do a simple one too but i've also gotten the actual day package so it's a waste not to wear those

joysl82

Ah..I see would you be wearing like those actual day gowns and changing into two gowns for the banquet? I'd like to do a simple one too but i've also gotten the actual day package so it's a waste not to wear those

Yup. I be still using my actual day package.

Nyx0413

I'll be having only my rom on a separate day. So my tea ceremony and banquet will be on AD. I'm saving my full gown package for AD and just got a simple gown for my ROM:) Will not be saying vows again or exchanging rings on AD (which is good because I'd rather do it only in front of family and close friends)

ringostar

I'm having my gatecrash, fetch bride and ROM on Day 1, followed by tea ceremony + banquet on Day 2 (following day). Any advice what should I wear for Day 1? Should I include another gown in my package just for Day 1? Or wear a Cheongsam/ Kua (but it would be weird to ROM in that)..

Nyx0413

I'm having my gatecrash, fetch bride and ROM on Day 1, followed by tea ceremony + banquet on Day 2 (following day). Any advice what should I wear for Day 1? Should I include another gown in my package just for Day 1? Or wear a Cheongsam/ Kua (but it would be weird to ROM in that)..

Hi!
How many gowns do you have for your banquet? You can always rewear one for your gatecrash + rom:) alternatively, you can get a cheaper one or add one to your package ~ the gatecrash gown is traditionally important as it's the gown the bride gets married into the groom's house in. But of course now we live in the modern era so it's all up to your preferences :) I've seen friends wear the kua for gatecrash and rom.