Sentosa - The Arches

minhue

Hi, i am having my wedding end of this year at 'The Arches'. Anyone had or having wedding there too? Got anything to share. Feel free to drop a post

vvbbb

Minhue,

is the place indoor or outdoor? I went to visit Sapphire hall but since mine's lunch, i dropped off the idea of outdoor dining.

minhue

Hi Viv,

The place is like a 2 storey colonial house beside the Merlion and Herbs Garden. The place is airconditioned internally. They have a nice terrace outside where u can hold your solemnisation ceremony. Have search for lots of unique places for wedding, they are either outdoor with no aircon or the price is too steep. You should really have a look at the place.
happy.gif

Hi BenDi,

The time i signed up was about half a year ago.
The package is $68+ and includes:

- 8 course dinner
- Free flow of drinks and mixers for 4 hours
- One complimentary 30litres barrel of Tiger Draft
- Champagne pyramid with a bottle of sparkling wine for toasting ceremony
- Fresh floral decoration
- Full length chair covers and table linens
- Provision of stage platform @Merlion Terrace for cake cutting and toasting ceremony (weather permitting)
- Island Admission & Vehicle Passes into Sentosa for all guests
- Guest Signature Book
- Wdding Invitation Cards for 70% of the guaranteed attendance
- Wedding Favours
- Food tasting tables for 8 persons
- 3 tire mock up cake
- Provision of sound system throughout event
- Waiver of corkage duty for all duty paid liquor
- One nigth stay in the Executive Suite @ The Sentosa Resort and Spa (inclusive of breakfast for two
- Bride Powder Room at The Arches
- Special charted bus service (23 seaters) to ferry your guests from Habour Front

Hope the above helps. For upated details, u can contact Samantha from Sentosa. She is very helpful.

The total capacity for the location is 180pax.

zenn

Hi minhue,

My sis is considering The Arches too but concern is have to split the guests to 2 storey? Also, how do you gather your guests when you march in? Those guests on 2nd floor cant see the stage rite?

minhue

Hi zenn,

I have seen an actual wedding at The Arches. It was romantic. The march in was done outdoor at the terrace. The bride actually got down from the external colonial stair from the second storey while the guests and groom watch from the terrace. It was followed by cake cutting ceremony b4 the guests proceed to dinner. The whole feel is quite different and special.

But too bad for me, my dinner at The Arches, which was planned for just friends, have to canceled due to insufficient numbers. Wish ur sis have a wonderful wedding there...
happy.gif

zenn

Thanks minhue! Meaning march in and cake cutting are all done outdoor? Errr what if it rain?

minhue

Hi zenn,

Yah there's only one march in and is outdoor. Its suppose to be a different style of wedding. Instead of having a second walk in, the groom and bride will have extra time to mingle with the guests.

If it rains, the ceremony will have to shift indoor at the 1st storey level (just below the stairs). But if ur sis is booking full 18 tables, then might have problem. Cos the tables will be taking up the space. I initally plan to have only 15 tables and free up the foyer just incase it rains. But for a romantic wedding surrounded by nature and with only close relatives and friends, guess the risk its worth it.

One more suggestion. Should hire a live jazz band to perform and the place will turn super romantic at night. Hope the info helps.

Hi pinkblusher,

You can contact Samantha at 6279 1791.
happy.gif

jessicatan

Hi Minhue

I am going to take a look at the place next week. The package she sent to me is $68++ correct? I only have 100 guests. Do you think the place will be too big for me? I tot of engaging a DJ for my solemnization. Do you think they have space for my guest to dance there?

hakkababe

Hello,

I am close to confirming my wedding venue at Arches or Burkill Hall, and would like ask those out there who have had their weddings at the Arches or who have attended any there to offer their feedback or advice on their reception programme. Especially since Arches is such a pretty place, yet is so little heard-of; nobody seems to hold their dinners there, so I'm just wondering if there's something spectacularly wrong with that place that I'm not aware of.

While we will be having a reception for about 180 guests, with a chinese dinner immediately following our solemnisation, they will be mostly our friends so we are going for a casual atmosphere i.e. doing away with stagey toasts and formal speeches, my biggest problem right now with both venues is I'll have to spread the guests over 2 levels-- potential logistical nightmare, so I'd be grateful for any help on the following:

1. How to do the walk-in other than from the exterior stairs, and how does the couple walk in to the 1st dish?
2. Is the wedding couple going to have to trip up and down the stairs trying to entertain both levels' guests?
3. Will guests on the first level feel slighted and left out of the action? Majority of tables will be on the 2nd floor.
4. How do we make announcements to everyone? How to end the dinner?
5. How is the food, service and decor by Sentosa? Anything to look out for?
6. Any potential problems with the PA system, since the solemnisation will be held at the terrace while the dinner indoors?
7. How's the lighting at the Arches/ Burkill Hall like at night- exterior as well as interior? I'm anal about the lighting, so am obsessing over having hundreds of candles for that warm golden glow instead of harsh artificial lighting. Alas, I don't wish to burn the house down or set the sprinklers off....

If anyone has photos of weddings or receptions at the Arches, please, please let me have a look!

A million thanks!

vincass

Hi Velma,
I'm also keen on the Arches for solemnizaton and reception. Can't decide whether to go for Chinese dinner or Int'l Buffet at this moment.
Meeting Samanta tomorrow to view venue.
To make guests on both floors feel more involved, projection screens on both floors may help....
Did you have to pay extra to hold solemnization before dinner?

hakkababe

Hiya,

Ooh! Someone else's seeing the place! Phew. So how did you learn about the Arches?

Samantha's great; she answered my 30 plus questions- by email, and offered lots of tips not directly related to the wedding package! If I'm not wrong, projection screen can only be provided on the 1st level, no system link-up for 2nd level's :< But you could check with her.

Nope, I wasn't quoted extra expenses, Sentosa seems quite flexible about their pkg; I think might mean I have to top up for the flowers for terrace/ exterior for the solemnisation if I want more more more flowers.

Now worried it'll rain on my wedding day and eveything'll be shifted indoors...then there goes my cocktail area and tables for guests- may not have space! When's your big day?

Have fun tomorrow- is it in the day or evening? Let me know if you need more info or pix!

julie0870

Hi all,

I've also been looking around for an interesting wedding venue. The Arches looks good, if you have any picture, send to me too? [email protected]

Was wondering if anyone knows how many tables the second level can take? I will probably only have max 120 pple...so maybe will squeeze everyone on the second floor.

Also, have heard pple complain about going for weddings at sentosa, too far, hard to get to etc

cluelessj

Hi Velma.. can I have samantha's email too pls?

would appreciate any photos anyone might have.. does "the Arches" have a pool?? hee..
happy.gif

hakkababe

Hi everyone,

My apologies for such a belated reply. No one's ever interested in the Arches, or so I thought, so I hadn't been checking this thread for ages till now.

Anyway, I finally decided to go with Arches, despite the more troublesome logistical issues. Samantha's been really patient and great, so if you're keen, do contact her. She's on leave till 4 May, but you could email her at [email protected]. Or just call the Sentosa Banquet Sales dept (Sentosa Hotline Sentosa Hotline 18007368672) and I'm sure they'll take care of your queries.

Julie, I took a look at the layout plan of Arches- 2nd storey can take up to 13 tables, so no problem for you. However, I think Sentosa has a base figure to cover, so if you don't guarantee a minimum of, say, 180 guests, they'll have to quote you a much higher rate for the package, be it a buffet or lunch/ dinner. Call them up and check, I may be wrong.

And I just don't get it- why do so many people have the notion that Sentosa is far away and inaccessible? It's connected to the "mainland" via roads, has been for years. And it's no harder to get there then to get to Orchard Road. In fact, easier to get to Sentosa during peak hours than some hotel dinner in Orchard. Although getting a cab from Sentosa back to the mainland may be slightly more troublesome, there are enough cabs plying the route there. Just have to watch out for monkeys crossing.

Ha, Jo, there's no pool at the Arches la, unless you want to consider the rather sad-looking fountain there. If you could give me your email add, I'll be happy to send you the photos. I myself still have yet to see Arches at night-time, so am keeping my fingers crossed. Heard it could look haunted, which is perfect for me as it's the exact atmosphere I'm looking for.

kayabread

Hi, has anyone tried the food at Arches before? I'm not sure about the quality as it's catered by Sentosa and prepared in the kitchen at the Arches itself.

coanne

i actually wanted to do my WDD at The Arches but as there was no way for me to shrink the guest list to 180 guests, I chose Rasa instead. The Arches is really unique and more so, since not many have heard about it. I heard that it is popular for corporate events and product launches like IWC... I also like the idea of splitting my guests between the 2 levels - i would place the older folks on level 2 and the younger ones on level 1 :p

lynlee

Hi Velma (and any other Arches Brides)

I am close to confirming The Arches for my WDD, and it's excellent to find your thread here
(You are right, one can barely find reviews on Arches elsewhere!)

I would love to see your photos, and if you can kindly share your experiences (eg. food, logistics) on Arches, I'll be most grateful :D

My email: [email protected]

ice_cosy

Hi gals!
Saw this thread and start to get interested in The Arches!
I went to view the place recently and really love the place. Cos so special! Notice there's some renovation going on right now, dunno last how long. Wonder the IR development will affect the views for The Arches.
Anyone got their photos to share esp during the night time? Is there shuttle bus to go there? cos i spent quite sometime myself looking for it so afraid the guests get lost.

melpig

hi ice... I have the same worry as you.... I couldn't find the place when I went there a couple of weeks back...
sad.gif

ice_cosy

Hi Melissa

Ya, dunno if their packages got include shuttle bus service? The guests going to kill me if they go round and round finding the place...

But the place is so special and hard to let go leh. Had emailed to Sentosa asking for more details, hoping to hear from them soon.
happy.gif

What other venues you looking at? Me only sourcing for those out-of-the norm venues. Hee, only trying to pursuade FH cos he think too troublesome to source for own caterer for other venues like the musuems.

kayabread

Hi gals, the Sentosa package does include shuttle bus for the guests, so no worries that they can't find the place. There's also a carpark just behind the Arches for those who drive.

You can email Samantha ([email protected]) to find out more. She really took time and effort to answer my many questions.

According to them, the renovations will end early next year (around Feb I think). Ice_Cosy, when is your wedding?

ice_cosy

Hi Kaya

Thanks for your help! I'm looking at Sept 2007. Had check with them if the IR construction going to affect the Arches. They're not sure too. Maybe going to take a look at the setup when they had a wedding going on.

Just worry that if rain then the reception will need to squeeze inside.

Are you planning to wed there too? Or had already did? Any experience to share? Thank you!
happy.gif

kayabread

Hi Ice_Cosy,

I think IR construction will not affect the view much, because the view of the Arches is basically the area around merlion. I'm not exactly sure where the IR is going to be, but I don't think it'll be at the merlion right?

How many people are you thinking of? I chose the Arches because there's a wet-weather plan although it's abit squeezy, but it's better than some other outdoor venues without shelter at all.

My wedding's only next year, so I don't have much to share with you. But I can say that I was impressed with the service provided by Samantha, as she was really very helpful in meeting the special requirements we had. Much better than some of the hotel sales staff I've met before who don't really seem to care much.

You can pm me if you have any questions, I'll try my best to help
happy.gif

stargate2

Hi, I'm also interested in The Arches. Do they rent the place only or they have the full wedding dinner packages? Is there is minimun number of guest required to book? Thank you

kayabread

Hi vincee, you can choose to rent only the venue and provide everything yourself (include sentosa entry for all your guests), or sign up for the dinner package with them (similar to hotel dinner packages). They have a choice of chinese, western or buffet, min 100pax if I'm not wrong.

ice_cosy

Hi Kaya

Thanks for your help. Was told by them that there might be a change in management in The Arches so i could not book the place for next yr yet. Will get to know more details by Jan.

So sad
sad.gif

So far the places i'm interested in are not available. Like the Burkhill Hall which is not available for renting now. So suai!
Hopefully can find someplace nice soon.
You so lucky can manage to book the place in time
happy.gif
!

cluelessj

oh no!

so can't book now ar.. sigh...

Can anyone send me their pix/package that they received to date please.. just for comparison purposes...

tks!

lettingo

does anyone has the latest package for Wedding in Sentosa - The Arches? the place sound good from the reviews here..... any pictures to share?

eippad03

Signed up with Sentosa for the rental of Sapphire Pavilion recently. Was rather unhappy with many several issues actually.

1. Since March, we already had a change of 4 wedding coorindators. The previous 3 resigned.
2. Sam (Our first wedding coordinator) showed us a package which I informed her that some of the stuff which was offered, I did not need. She ensure that I could change for other stuff later. Ended up, due to the change, our coorindator said they can't find the proposal. After that, they told me that proposal was no longer valid. I have long signed before the package expire. AND because of that, they told me they couldn't offer me more stuff except fencing and tiki torches which was already offered to me the first time round. I had to make so much noise before they offer me free parking for 40% of the guests.
3. Even though I signed and paid the rental way before any price changes. In May, they called me and told me that if I want to stick with the instalment plan which I have signed up and paid for, I have to pay for the price increase. If I do not want to be affected by the GST increase, I have to settle my payment in full within the next 2 months.

Totally totally unhappy. I feel they should offer me more stuff like free entry into Sentosa for my guest looking at all the stuff they put me through.

darkchocolate

do they provide halla foods and vegitarian foods?
100px can held ROM solemnization over there? How much the total package? Any idea?

I like outdoor, noon time and buffet style.