Regent Singapore

bugbear

Hiya ladies...can i check with you, anyone has lobang to do montage?? My gf is looking for someone cheap and good...nofrills kind...thanks.

sharkfynn

I think lala has lobang. She did hers for like $68 or somehting like that.
happy.gif
its meantioned in the earlier threads.

huiling

Hi Rachel, Sharky and I are also doing a luncheon next year. we can keep each other updated with our prep. are you doing a chinese lunch or buffet?

dour

hi there,

mine is gonna be a chinese lunch. std package only 7 course. sacred not enuff.. added 1.

hv u got the schedule of events for the day. got ur AD photography ? mi cnsidering Andrew Tay or Hilarion....

I also managed to find some good deal thru professional photogaphic clubs. I'm reall torn.

tealeaf

Yep Bugbear,
I did my montage with Cindy from Wedding Favorites. She has done a good job, other gals who did theirs with Cindy also complimented her. I did mine for $68 coz during promotion, now her px is $88. Think the px is stil cheaper than the market, she will give 2 nice done DVDs loh. Let me know if you want her contact ...

sharkfynn

Hey Rachel, I am also doing lunch. You added a dish? and I was going to cancel some so I can serve wedding cake!! Worried that people get too full by last dish! hehe.

Hey I am looking for deals for cheap secondary photographer. I don't mind using those from photography clubs. Can pass me some contacts? The average I am thinking of spending is about $600. Of course lesser better lah. I don't even need prints so that should bring down the cost alot more right?

busybee

hi shyen,
patrina is my coordinator and she has been helpful and accommodating so far. i dunno if we can pick and choose our coordinators but what i do know is that regent does offer some sorta promotion during workshops. i'd posted a little smthg regent offered in their recent miracles workshop. you can read it in the archives, dated 3 Oct. hope that's helpful.
happy.gif

hi lala,
88 bucks for a video montage doesnt sound too bad at all.
happy.gif
can i have cindy's contact please? and does she have samples of her works to show via the web or do i need to swing by her studio?

hey fynn,
there wasnt any talk of lucky draws at the workshop. took a look at the style mag ad again and i'm still scratching my head over it. guess you've gotta get your own cake. yx passed me some old mags and one's got quite a bit of write-ups on wedding cakes. lemme know if you're interested yah?

huiling

Hi rachel! i think for luncheon, 7 course is quite good enough, but of course, it is your wedding, do whatever you feel gooooodddd about
happy.gif

I'm taking terence from Hurricadia. but may want to take up a second photographer. could you please pass me the contacts for the photography club? how are their charges like?

hallo sharky i have this contact for this photographer. You can call him at 97678441

He charges $500 for full day, no prints.

you can sms him for his website, I can't post anything specific here.

dour

hi sharky,

u dun accept personal mail leh.. how to give u. this guy is a great photo enthusiast,. he charges $500 with i tink 400 4R prints, includes multi media slideshow etc...

dour

hei, talk abt hurricadia. i like their style. but unfortunately, my AD they are not in singapore. otherwise, good deal.

sharky.. who's ur AD photographer ? where u getting the wedding cake ? exp ? the std regent px can reduce?

lala : ur's from The edge. i've not got ur pics. pls mail mi..

bugbear

Hi Lala...can PM me the contact details for montage?? $88 is still quite good deal right? THanks.

Rachel, i also think that 7 course for luncheon is very good enough.

sharkfynn

Bee>> thanks for the offer but I have my heart set on the cake I saw on Martha Stewart magazine! I mentioned before fiance and I like a chocolate cake from Regent and we want to make THAT our wedding cake!

Rachel>> Regent has a policy about food so u can only use their in house bakery. I LOVE the cakes there!! Its a reasonable price given that hotels usually charge a HUGE premium for the extras. The cake is 55+++ per kg. So if you are looking at 100 guest, its about 5-6 KG. I personally don't mind paying for the cake because I feel that its money well spent
happy.gif
I love chocolate!!! I didn't negotiate on the swapping of the wedding cake but maybe you could try.

Hiyo. Today I found out from my fiance that he hasn't confirmed with the photographer yet! I was out of the country and he was apparently waiting for me to get back! Then I got emails for them asking if we were still interested coz they had another couple who is asking for services on the same day! *dope* So now I dunno how. We are spending a considerable fortune on the principal photographer because we felt that the Actual Day is something that we cannot recreate so we would like some good pictures to hang on the wall while we grow old... then no choice have to budget for secondary photographer...

tou2

Hi Rachel, can I have the contact for your photographer too? Thanks!!

Anyone has lobang for cheap & good videographer? Free lancer is fine
happy.gif

Hi Sharky, don't fret. *pat pat* So you are getting 2 photographers on AD?

tealeaf

Bugbear, busybee and iluydia,

I have emailed you Cindy's contact. She is charging $80 instead of $88 coz now having promotion. Call her to see samples then decide loh.

tou2

Hi gals

Anybody else looking for videographer and photographer? Do you think we can get a better deal if we sign up together?

Hi Bugbear, the Wedding Paparazzi is offering a promotion of $100 off their package if 2 sign up together. Are you interested? you can check out their website
happy.gif

bugbear

Hi Tougei...thanks...i am actually helping my friend to find videograhpers...my AD not so near
happy.gif
will get her to checkout the website.

tealeaf

Hi bugbear,
no worries
happy.gif
I didn't engage videographer coz broke liao ... we have friends to video for us.

Think should be cheaper if get the same person to do photography and videoing.

bugbear and tougei,
so when are your AD??

bugbear

Lala...me personally, i will just get friends to do photos and videos...me on very tight budget...i am asking ard for my gf
happy.gif

Me AD not so soon lor...pushing later to 2006.

bugbear

Hiya Girl...i have not confirmed my date yet...have shortlisted regent, but they are not open to 2006 booking...so i am not allowed to book as yet...so now i have more time to dilly dally
happy.gif

What about u? Confirmed everything already?

busybee

thank you, lala!
happy.gif

does cindy have samples to show via the web?
am pretty busy now, so i won't be able to drop by her studio anytime soon leh....

tealeaf

busybee,
me not sure leh, why not you give her a ring. Actually she can drop by your place to show you. Many times, she dropped by my place to take my pics, cds, etc.

bugbear,
same same, I was also on budget constraint thus asked friends to video instead
happy.gif
Okie lah, I am also happy with it
happy.gif

bugbear

heheh...yah lor...i think some things can save, will save lor. Lala, did any of ur guests mentioned that the pillar actually blocked their view of the stage? How's the food and service?

tealeaf

hi bugbear,
I had only 28 tables thus the pillars do not affect at all. The food was good but find the portion a bit small though. No complaints on the service. There was 1 waiter to a table, thus the guests were well taken care of. Some hotels have 2 waiters to 3 tables or 1 to 2 tables instead.

jan_snow

lala, did u ask for baby chairs???me old bride so alot of frens have bb liao le...
me oso having ard 25 tables n i dun think will be blocked...
lala, may i noe whr u print ur cards? how's the rate like?
paiseh ah, me now gotto do all these stuff liao loh

tealeaf

Hi Jan Snow,
I didn't ask but somehow I have seen some of the kids in baby chairs. Think the hotel has set aside some.

I forgot the shop which we printed the cards but it is the only one recommended by Regent. Also, forgot the ps liao ... sorry ... All I know is that the rate is not expensive when compared with the industry ... you can check with Sunil.

Hey, you are Jen's neighbour ah ??

bugbear

Thanks Lala...as i am estimating ard 46 tables...hence i believe at least a few tables will be blocked by the pillars
sad.gif

Good to hear that the food is good...but portion is small ar...maybe i can ask Sunil see if they can help do something abt the portion :p

Jan_Snow...if u confirm that ur guest will bring bb, maybe u can pre-arrange to have bb chairs setup at that table...so they can actually arrange the table setting nicely...rather than when they arrive, then waiters help to ring the bb chairs, etc. not so messy.

jan_snow

hi lala n bugbear, kumsia

Jen???u mean D.O.G in this forum?my oni neighbour is D.O.G, not jen le? We staying 1 flr different oni, same unit somemore...haha

bugbear, think 46 is abt their maximum liao so i think maybe 2 tables might be block...

bugbear

huh?? 46 is max already? I tot is 50max leh...ah yo...then i have to reconsider...cos 46 is kind of my confirmed...that means i don have much space for reserves already
sad.gif
yah lor...at least 2 will be blocked totally leh...

sharkfynn

Bug Bear, what I am doing is to split the tables. Thats why I am having one dinner and one lunch
happy.gif
You can think about doing that also
happy.gif

bugbear

hhmm...no lah...don reckon i will do that...but thanks! either i forgo that 2-3 tables...or i change ballroom
sad.gif
just added 1 more headache to my list..hehhe

jan_snow

bugbear, dun b mistaken. I meant close to their max. I remember max is 50 too...so i guess maybe 2 will be block lor. Better reconfirm wif them la....

bugbear

heheh...ok...will do so. bt dunno if i fit 46 will be too cramped or not...cos i feel that MC ballroom looks bigger than regent...and i have seen MC put 50tables and already looked a little cramped...maybe it's just perception...
happy.gif

tealeaf

Hi Jan,
yep is D.O.G, not Jen. Me blur liao ... not in this forum lah, at Brides above 28. All the "lao cha bo" ... kekeke ... no lah, should be "chio bu"

huiling

Hey jan snow, you don't anything like 28 years old! in fact, i wd never have guessed it, thought you look very young the last time i met ya

jan_snow

wow huiling...compliment for me???tks tks...
no la, me now gotto start age with digit 3 liao le..sigh...dats y must marry off liao...haha

bugbear

hey Jan snow...nowadays a lot of gals marry ard this age...nothing to worry abt. moreover, u look young...so all the more nothing to worry.

huiling

hey girls, if the average lifespan of modern man/women is about 80 years old (and women live longer than men!) then even if we are 40 year old, we are only half way through our lives! so 30 year old? we are still young ar!
happy.gif

huiling

hey bugbear, hehehe...hope it helps us to cope with ageing better, it is all about perspective! yeh..

hallo pork chop, i have staff seminar this friday and sat, can't go down to see the wedding.