Raffles Hotel

cookies_gal

Hi Bochup,

Glad to hear that you like the bouquet. I love things purple and blue actually but haiz, don't think I will be using this color scheme in my wedding coz it will clash with my evening gown.

We don't have any photos with us at this moment. They are with the BS and we'll only get them back when we collect our albums at the end of the year. We'll most prob only be able to share them sometime early next year coz we need to get them scanned. Anyway, I can't get enough of photo-taking at RH - will be trying to squeeze in some more shots during my AD! How I'm going to do that, I really can't imagine, as it is now, my AD schedule looks packed!

Like you, my first dish song will not be "Be my Guest". Heard from Sharul that most RH couples don't use a first dish song. Nice choice of march-in music though - love that song! You know what, I have absolutely no idea what music to use for my march-in music. We sort of know what types of music we will be playing during the banquet itself but not for the key moments (eg, 1st & 2nd march-in, photo montage etc)! *faints*

Hi pepper,

I'm not sure if we are referring to the same pic the aisle in the pic in the bridal mag still looks ok to me leh. Maybe I'm not worried about the aisle width as much coz I feel that the aisle at my church will be the narrower aisle for the day. Anyway, I will be having a chapel-length train for my WG.

Hi sweetpea,
So who's designing the church invites for you?

pepper

Hi Cookie Gal

ha ha i am afraid ia m too clumsy that i may trip over the leg of a chair and fall over or my train get caught onto something :p

so sharul mentioned that most RH couples don have a first dish song so does that mean there wont be the usual dimming of lights and walkin by the waitresses?

Share more about how ur experience was like taking photo at RH. why do u say not enough? how many hours did u stay there? in my contract it says max only 2 hrs . I also think 2 hrs too short. Which part of RH did u take?

what is ur colour theme then? What colour theme will RH propose? Who is their florist btw? The floral arrangements of the other wedding i have attended, have been quite modern like zen theme. usually just a few stones or a few stalk of flowers, only one at fullerton actually had candles and roses arranged around them.

bochup

hihi cookie gal
yah i like blue too =) will probably go for a blue/gold bouquet. are u gonna have a live band? i don't think i got the budget for that. my cousin had one at hers and the 4-pc band was quite decent. well i have no idea abt the 2nd march-in foto but for montage will be going for lighthearted romantic songs.. not the too mushy types hehe.
and yah like pepper, me curious abt what happens during first dish then? and also about the photoshoot details. =)

caitlin

Hmmm...With 25 tables, do you think there is still space for flower stands along the aisle? I was thinking of re-using the flowers from my church wedding to the banquet. Do you think the ballroom would become incredibly cramped?

erizen

Hi Caitlin,
Think actually 25 tables is OK. Saw one set-up and they still had their floral stands and all. Think the standard the florist will provide is 6 floral stands. The florist RH uses is called Woodsville and the lady is pretty friendly. Though think we ourselves must also have a pretty good idea of what we want.

Hi Cookie's girl : We are DIY-ing the wedding invites. So FH has been tasked as the designer
happy.gif
U mean u have all selected ur songs already? I haven't even thought about that. And thanks for the sweetpea bouquet
happy.gif

pepper

anyone has any other plans for entertainment during the dinner? since phototaking will be rather short because only got 20-25 tables, rest of the time can interact with the guests.

recently i just attended one dinner and the bride was receiving the guests in the reception area. Bochup and Sweetpea, will u both be doing so as well? then can take more pictures mah.... especially RH is such a lovely place to take photos. But i am worried too hot in the gown, wait perspire and ruin make up.

i also saw a table arrangement with the dance floor at RH. quite nice. the couple is going to do a dance, so they did without the stage.

bochup

hihi
in case anyone has been daydreaming about yr wedding, u can go here to check out the florist mentioned by sweetpea

pepper: i'm wondering what to do for entertainment too! sigh... and yup. i plan to mingle with the guests but also concerned abt the humidity. but hopefully january weather not so bad? as for dance floor... i dunno how to dance lei... so how many tables were there in the arrangement without the stage?

cookies_gal

Hi pepper,

Don't worry about tripping. That's why you march in with your FH with your arms linked! Make sure you hold him tight when you march-in! (That's what I plan to do anyway!
lol.gif
) I'm pretty clumsy myself and I managed to do my PS without tripping!

As for first dish song, it's up to you really. So if you do request a first dish song, I'm sure they can do the dimming of lights and stuff. It's just that RH doesn't have a particular style of serving the first dish, unlike other hotels (I heard that the waiters & waitresses in Conrad perform some sort of dance?)

I was at RH for my PS for about 1.5hrs. Did you receive a copy of the photography guidelines from Sharul? We basically went to those areas as stated in the guidelines... that's why I said I haven't taken enough photos at RH yet coz I want to take some pics in those out-of-bounds areas.

Can you share with us how was the set-up looked like with a dance floor? You were thinking of doing a Viennese waltz right?

Hi Sweetpea and Bochup,
Haven't exactly selected my songs. Just that FH & I decided to avoid the use of pop music as much as possible. Classical music would be most befitting for the occasion given RH's ballroom, don't you ladies think so? Hence, options like string quartets etc are still in consideration.

puiggy

Hi Everybody,

Wow... reading thru' all e postings were really useful!! I am also interested in RH after viewing ur pics of e ballroom n all... gorgeous is e word!
happy.gif

Jus' for info... spoke to Sharul juz now n he said 25 tables is okay. in fact tis sat there is a wedding w 25 tables so i'll be going down haf a peep.

The thing i like about RH is that their package is very extensive... was going thru n it seems like everything i need is included oredi.

pepper

hi Cookie Gal

yes i was thinking of the waltz but i worry because of the train, it is not possible to dance properly without stepping on it. so i will wait till the gown is finished then decide. the layout is such that there will be a wooden flooring placed at the centre of the ballroom, so it is a bit weird coz i am not sure how the walkin in will look like. but it doesnt make sense to place the dance floor at the end of the ballroom where usually the stage will be. because of the placement of the dance floor, there will not be a proper backdrop and toasting or cake caking will also be kindda weird because u will be facing the guests all around u instead of facing front. i hope u get what i mean.

BoChup: without the stage, there were 16 tables that i saw with the dance floor.

maybe this weekend i will also go down to take a peep at the ballroom with 25 tables set up.

hey anyone has asked about having a dayroom for helpers?

Bochup and Cookie Gal, will u be having the dry ice effect? if i didnt rem wrongly, sharul said usually RH couples also dun use dry ice. seem like RH couples like quite diff from couples of other hotels huh.

Cookie Gal, so canu actually go back for a photoshoot of those out of bounds area?

cookies_gal

Hi puiggy
welcome! So when is your AD?

Hi pepper,

What the Western brides do when they have long train is to get it pinned up during their dinner so they can dance. It is possible to get the best of both worlds. For example,

166446.jpg

Hmmm..the layout with a dance floor does sound a bit weird. But maybe that's coz we're just not used to it. Like you say, RH couples are usually quite different.
happy.gif

Nope don't think we can have a photoshoot per se, but I am thinking more of journalistic type shots. eg, I would like my AD photographer to snap some shots of me (and even FH) in the bridal suite doing my make-up etc before I go down to meet the guests.

bochup

sorry the link to the florist is this one. hehe thanks for pointing it out caitlin.

cookie's gal: yah i am thinking about going with jazz music. definitely no pop =) so u planning to take journalistic shots on AD at the forbidden areas? hehe... good idea. (psst Sharul pls pretend u didn't read this)

pepper: yah i don't mind if got no dry ice. guess that's more typical chinese dinner? =) my cousin had a bubble brigade (ppl along the aisle blowing bubbles).

ok so here's the report of my meeting with sharul just now (he said he reads this forum once in awhile) =D:
1. this fri 24 table setting. sat and sun got 25 table setting. can go see before 5pm. i'm definitely gonna try and take a peep. =) see u babes there!
2. Yup, no first dish song/fanfare. Just play some music and waiters walk in. What I love is that each table will get ONE waiter the WHOLE night! I lurrrve that! cos recently my cousin had wedding dinner at conrad and it was one waiter to like 3 tables and i got cold steamed fish. eeyucks!
3. Wedding card design only one... nothing special but at least it has an embossed RH stamp. Not gonna spend too much on this cos most ppl throw the cards away anyways.
4. Projector provided in ballroom
5. No dayroom needed for me cos I'm not having any program in the afternoon (no church wedding)...
6. Still praying hard for casuarina suite to be available. According to Sharul, he can only tell me THREE DAYS before the wedding... quite scary.
7. Checkin to bridal suite is 24 hours before. just need to let sharul know.
8. I finally got to see the courtyard/bridal suite. It's quite pretty!

cookies_gal

Hi Bochup,

I saw your post on the Conrad thread. It's weird how they only assign 1 waiter to 3 tables when they are serving each guest individually. Thought it's standard procedure to assign 1 waiter to 1 table when dishes are plated? Went to weddings at Four Seasons & Sheraton where guests are served individual portions and they assigned 1 waiter to each table.

erizen

Hi all,
Hmm...looks like we are all quite 'active post-ers' here huh. I also dun mind not having the dry ice/ waiters/waitresses dancing, in fact find that a bit tacky. Also thinking of what else to do during the dinner. What we will be having is our frens do a special item for us. They will be singing
happy.gif
So think would be quite nice.

Definitely think pop music would be odd in a ballroom like RH. Think something softer/ more classic would be better.

So exciting isn't it? Jan just 4 months away.

bochup

cookie's gal,
yeah... maybe it was 1 waiter to 2 tables. all i know is we had a different waiter(s) for some of the dishes... not a fixed one for sure. and it was quite annoying when they forgot to serve one person for two different dishes at our table. also my uncle commented that since the food not served beside us, u don't know if it's leftovers from other people's plates. he was kidding of cos... but u get the idea. maybe cos peak wedding season they can't get enuff staff? even my dinner at orchard hotel (the week before the one at conrad) i recognised one waiter serving our table all the time. altho sadly the aunty was a very careless waiter...spilled wine all over 1 guest and 2 chairs.

cookies_gal

Oh sweetpea,
That's really sweet of your frens.
happy.gif

Hi Bochup,
Just remembered, you mentioned that you'll be having 3 wedding celebrations right? So are you going to have 3 different WGs too?
biggrin.gif

pepper

Good morning gals.

i am so happy to see this thread come alive, i was thinking to myself previously why those RH couples do not like to post. is it another perculiarity of RH brides again?

i was thinking of changing the thirty litre barrel of beer for a twenty litre one since more people tend to drink red wine instead of beer nowadays. any clue whether it is possible?

Cookie Gal and Bochup, mind sharing how ur gown looks like?

bochup

sweetpea,
yah so exciting... coming up real soon! =) and agree with cookie'sgal that yr frenz are really sweet to perform at yr wedding

cookie's gal,
nope only have 1 WG (and 1 EG) and wearing only to 2 of the weddings (boulder and singapore) cos the kaoshiung one will be fairly simple (proly just dinner at some seafood restnt). Furthermore my FIL (future In laws) want to have it the wkend before our sg wedding... so that means i won't have enuff time to dryclean the gown. so will just wear my cheongsam for that one cos it should be easier to dryclean.

pepper,
yah my boss better not know how much time i spend on the forums hehe... abt changing from beer to wine... i tink it's cos the barrel comes in specific quantities? nevertheless it is a good idea n u can try asking.
my WG... off-white. relatively simple and short train. Soft (think it's organza? chiffon?) material over duchess silk. my EG is a couple shades of blue with sapphire being the main color. also soft, flowy look, and the front is a fusion of bustier with halter neck.

caitlin

Hi Pepper,

Since I am meeting Jenn tomorrow, will raise the question with her.
happy.gif
Just pray that I will remember.
happy.gif

In exchange for lesser beer, how many bottles of wine are you looking at?

pepper

Caitlin

thanks that's very sweet of u!
I think one 30l barrel of beer is $675+++
one bottel of wine is $55+++ (or is it $5+++?) so i assume that 20l will cost $450+++ so the extra bottles of wine should come to another 4 more bottles?

cookies_gal

Hi pepper,

My WG is in off-white duchess satin, with a bustier neckline &amp; chapel length train. As for EG, it's a <font color="ff0000">red</font> spaghetti-strapped gown.
happy.gif

caitlin

Sweetpea and bochup,

Your PS shoots ready? Can show us?
happy.gif

Cookie's gal,
Your gown sounds really nice. Is it with embroidery, beading or lace?

pepper

Cookie Gal

so u r not having any organza overlay i suppose? is chapel length about 2 ft on the floor?
ur red spaghetti strapped gown is chiffon? must be a hot number!

bochup

cookie gal: my cousin EG was red too... she called it her slut look hehe... =) actually now i'm a bit scared cos i chose blue for EG (altho my favorite color) since asian skin tone usually better with warm colors i think.

caitlin: my PS is on 1 Dec. will proly post it on our website when it's ready =) so are u confirming with RH this weekend?

pepper

Bochup,

urs is Ted Wu right? i love Ted Wu's gown, the workmanship is superb but very expensive right?
did u leave it to the designer to decide or u also brainstorm together?
Would love to see ur photos!

caitlin

Hi Bochup!

I am picking ice blue for my EG too.
happy.gif
I don't think Asian skins necessarily look better with warm colours so no worries.
happy.gif
I have this thing for ice blue cause my JC classmate who is now studying fashion design at Parsons in NY told me that I look good in that colour!
happy.gif

Please put up your photos.
happy.gif
Would love to see how your photos at RH turned out.
happy.gif

cookies_gal

Hi Caitlin,

Yup, you're right. I avoided the use of organza overlay for my WG as I wanted a more elegant effect instead of a soft touch for my WG. Hmm...I think the train is somewhere between 2 &amp; 3 ft. For similar reasons, my EG is made of crepe statin instead of something softer like chiffon.

Hi Bochup,
You're going to have a website? DIY or you're plannign to get pros to do it? Anything on the website yet? Don't worry about your choice of EG color, sapphire blue sounds lovely!
happy.gif

cookies_gal

oops!
embarrassed.gif

I address my post to the wrong lady! I was responding to Pepper.

Hi Caitlin,
We don't have any photos with us at this moment. They are with the BS and we'll only get them back when we collect our albums at the end of the year. We'll most prob only be able to share them sometime early next year coz we need to get them scanned.

caitlin

Hi Cookie's gal,

Hehe...My gown is the opposite of yours. My FH and I both like the chiffon/organza overlay look, so that's probably what we'll do.
happy.gif

erizen

Hi Bochup and Cookies gal,
Yeah think my frens are really sweet too.And am sure they will add a nice touch to the wedding.

Hi Caitlin..nope not done PS yet. Only doing it in 2 weeks time. Can't wait
happy.gif
My gown is an off white bustier gown with pink/silver embroidered flowers. It is duchesss satin and the train has an organza overlay. And evening gown is a pink lace halterneck
happy.gif

erizen

hi caitlin

Hmm....pink is my all time favourite. Wanted a fuschia pink too but FH said too bright. So taking pastel pink instead.

That's very sweet and sexy
happy.gif

Think i need to start my facials too ..Been so lazy

pepper

Hi Caitlin

wah very sexy back! love the gown !

i am also doing intensive back treatment. where are u doing urs? i am doing it at FIL. it is called some organic back treatment.

bochup

hi babes, big thank u to those of u who reassured me about the color of my gown =D i feel better already.

pepper: yeah i lurve ted wu too. hehe i left it to him after the initial discussion where he had a feel of my likes and dislikes and certain things like how low i want the back of the gown to be. did u tell us who yr BS was already?

caitlin: my photos will proly only be up closer to the wedding since my PS is pretty late (just a month and half before the AD) will definitely let u all know when it's up =) i like the soft look too. and ice blue is great! i'm sure u'll look gorgeous! wow the gown is very sexy! elegant n sexy! =D

cookie's gal: the website is DIY by my FH with lots of nagging and ideas from me hehe and i'm sure u'll look very sexy in yr elegant gown =) i can't take too much duchess silk cos of my figure... will make me look bigger plus older.

sweetpea: yr gown sounds beautiful. my WG is kinda like that too, with some silver emboridery. =D are u doing any videography?

caitlin

Hi gals!

Thanks for the compliments on my EG!
happy.gif
FH balked when I showed it to him- said: Wah, so low ah?
rofl.gif
Hehe
happy.gif
I've set my mind on this design for months but have no idea what I want for WG yet.
sad.gif

Pepper, I am doing my back treatments at the Good Earth Day Spa at Forum. It's some microdermabrasion back treatment and some detox body mud/mask I dunno. I really hope that my back would be in a good enough condition to carry off the gown.
happy.gif
Thankfully, FH is substantially taller than me (I'm only 1.63m) so I can wear 3.5 inch heels to look taller.
happy.gif
Think the gown looks nicer if you are tall.
happy.gif

For some AD shots of a wedding at RH, go to www.beetles.com.sg, look under gallery, Chor Hui's wedding day photos, and the couple Scott and Janie.
I am using Bernard as my AD photographer.
happy.gif

bochup

caitlin,
hahaha well u shld tell him "all the better for u to appreciate yr bride darling" (in red riding hood vs wolf voice) after all, u gotta have the class to carry off a low back sexy gown so he should be proud of you. hehe

ahhh nice shots =) definitely can't wait to take those AD shots at the banned areas!! woohooo...

thanks for comments abt my site =)

caitlin

Hi Bochup!

Long distance romance? Wow! Admirable.
happy.gif
I don't think I can survive one really.
happy.gif

The pix of your cousin's wedding very nice.
happy.gif
Can't see the details of her gown but it looks pretty. Which BS did she go to?

pepper

Hi Bochup, ur website is very nice. i am so looking forward to ur pixs of ur PS and the gown after reading ur post on ur visit to ted wu.

Catlin, the pics at beetles website of the wedding at RH is so romantic....like a fairy tale....got to think of how to make my AD more interesting rather than the traditional cake caking, toasting and table to table phototaking....

thanks gals for sharing !

bochup

caitlin:
this u will be most happy to know.... she went to ta dah! Blush Blush. that's yrs too rite? =D
and yah... long distance that's why i think the website really helps... esp with the ridiculous time difference (he tucks me into sleep in his morning and i say good nite to him in my afternoon). i think if we can survive planning the wedding (3 dinners...sob!) long distance, we got half our marriage life settled. hahaha

pepper: thank u! =) yeah i can't wait to see my gown. hehe and ted is really nice guy.

erizen

Hi Bochup,
A very nice site indeed. And u look very sweet too. Actually have not decided whether we are getting a videographer or not.

Caitlin- think the RH photos are very nice. Think have decided dat i will go there for PS too
happy.gif

caitlin

Bochup,

Really?!
bounce.gif
?!
bounce.gif
?!
bounce.gif
Yes, so pleased that it's from Blush Blush.
happy.gif

Sweetpea, of course you must go to RH for PS...That to me is the most attractive aspect of having the reception there...besides the ambience of the hotel.
happy.gif

bochup

Sweetpea,
thank u =) yah ppl always get deceived by my sweet appearance *sly smile*. heh... no seriously, thanks =) and as for videographer i wanna be cheap and get a fren to do it... but can't think of anyone as yet. sigh... otherwise that's another $1,000 or so burnt. i think videographer quite gd bcos i wanna remember the silly things said... the noise and cheer of that day. and hor... OF COS u better take photos at RH la =D sooo many places u can take shots at. maybe can even ask them to loan a suite for an hour or so to take some photos then as well. cos the AD itself sure quite messy with everything strewn all over the place.

caitlin,
haha u and your smileys... now my eyeballs are bouncing too.
=)

caitlin

Hi Bochup
happy.gif

Hehe...you should see the message I put up on the Montage Studios thread after my first meeting with Eng Howe (the photographer)! Lots more jumping jacks there! Cause FH was skeptical that there's any difference between the photographers (his favourite line: eiyah, if the bride and groom good looking, of course the photo looks good lah. Peng san
sad.gif
) but after the meeting, he agreed with me that Montage is really good.
happy.gif
Was sooooooo happy.
happy.gif

So excited about my meeting with Jenn tomorrow.

erizen

Hi Bochup and Caitlin,
Ok...i will go to RH for my PS. Do i just tell the wedding and coordinator and they will give me a 'permit'??

Looks like things are heating up now....All the preps ..everything...so fun
happy.gif