pre-wedding photography... how much is consider decent?

amazon888

sighz.. I am just so torn in finding a free lance pre-wedding photographer or the studio package one for overseas shooting.

Partially torn is because of the cost itself is pretty high and free lance one, doesn't include the gowns... But but... I like what I see in their portfolio. haiz.

is $7-8k on a high side for overseas shooting?

jaebaby

What does it includes? Does it includes your flight ticket and accommodation? Or you shall share which photographer? Then those btb that engaged the same can share their experience too.

And yes, to get freelance means you have to source and bring the gowns yourself :)

kewpie20

I sign with bridal as i don't wan to liaise with overseas vendors myself. lang barrier may be an issue too..

susiesusanto

wow, 7-8k should get u to europe with a local photographer plus mua included. it all depend on whom you are comfortable with as the pricing is subjective. ie. some packages look cheap but full of boobitraps. I chose a singapore based photographer for the reason that i can see the photographer f2f and if there is any issues, i can look for him. also freelance photographer is a better choice as i don't have to worry about 'additional photos'. for gown, it also depends. I originally wanted the mermaid design, but because of my small build, my pg suggested something else which at the end, turn out to be a good suggestion :)

amazon888

freelance photographer.. i found some in SG and USA.. the good ones, all about the same price.

Singapore one, includes the album, their air tix, accomo & MUA. The only benefit is they are doing the shots purely for me, so no need share with other brides. Another headache is also the gown if I bring over myself, if get crumpled, where to find help to iron also..

hopefully some brides who have taken overseas shooting can share their experience with me. TIA!

kemise

I've just done my pre-wedding shoot in NZ with Back Alley Creation!

My husband (we ROM-ed last year) and I just came back to SG yesterday and our photographer just did some editing to 3 of our photos on fb :)

Link is here: https://www.facebook.com/backalle/posts/1308738865818765

Well, yes the hassle of doing an overseas shoot with a freelance photographer is that we have to bring our gowns overseas, source for our own MUA and hairstylist.

We rented our gown from a bridal shop, brought them overseas (in a suit bag placed in a luggage, and most hotels overseas provide ironing board), did my own make up, but source for a local hairstylist in the town which we stayed in :) It was a really fun experience!

kemise

my colleague sourced for his own photography company in japan (they have base in kyoto, osaka) for 2k plus (including kimono and make up).

Pretty affordable (though he did it last year june, when the exchange rate was favourable).

pipitbj

just saw this thread. I had engaged a freelance pre wed photographer from Penang. I am going bali this wkend for the shoot. The package costs 4000rm after discount of 288rm.

Package includes one 48pose album, one bedroom canvas print(w/o frame), all softcopy return, behind-the-scene (mtv) video during the shoot.
Also includes mua and 3 gowns 2 suits. Package doesn't include your own air tix and lodging.

So all in all, we flew to Penang to visit the photographer and tried the gowns. Which was fine becos I can visit penang at the same time. The gowns and suits will be brought over by the team. and you can choose your shoot locations. Just remember that transportation and location entries are not include and have to pay for the team. (pg+vg+mua+couple=5) usually locations may charge a grp fee.

Why do I choose him?
- super good deal. and I m Singaporean.
- I like his 'masterpiece' photos
- he is only 21 and had been invited to take prewed at Paris, skill or not u decide
- he is few years into this trade and y not invest on someone with potential?

lovebabysofie

freelance photographer.. i found some in SG and USA.. the good ones, all about the same price.

Singapore one, includes the album, their air tix, accomo & MUA. The only benefit is they are doing the shots purely for me, so no need share with other brides. Another headache is also the gown if I bring over myself, if get crumpled, where to find help to iron also..

hopefully some brides who have taken overseas shooting can share their experience with me. TIA!

Where are you intending to go for overseas shoot? There are photographers that tied up with bridal studio to provide gowns and suit.

susiesusanto

agree with lovebabysofie. Also, you can opt for just hiring the photographer alone and plan the rest yourself, this way you will have better control. Mine worked well as my photographer was very helpful and easy going. At the end of the day, if you engage a bridal shop, you will end up paying more one way or another. Get yourself a good photographer with contacts, you are pretty safe.

lovebabysofie

agree with lovebabysofie. Also, you can opt for just hiring the photographer alone and plan the rest yourself, this way you will have better control. Mine worked well as my photographer was very helpful and easy going. At the end of the day, if you engage a bridal shop, you will end up paying more one way or another. Get yourself a good photographer with contacts, you are pretty safe.

thumbs up!

unicorndemon

I did my photoshoot in taiwan earlier this year, and spent $2880 for the package. But in total we spent about $5300 for venue fees, ampoules, transportation, MUA, additional 40 pictures etc.
Be mentally prepared they may hard sell you, so there may be extra 2-3k additional depending on the images that you may need. if you are determined enough, you may not even need to spend that much, possibly add. 1k only.