Pigmentation

ordinary75

Hi, do u think Laser surgery will work? I have a fren who did laser on the particular dark spot and she is ok now...

anyone tried laser before? Or have used pdts to reduce pigment spots?

stupeed

Hi Neo and May, a course of Laser will definitely help lighten scars, but you may reach a plateau whereby the Laser stops working and cannot do anymore to lighten scars. And also, the effects are not forever. Basically Laser is invasive and stimulates the cells inside the skin to regenerate and produce new good cells. My doctor at Northeast Medical (Kallang) is pretty good, you might like to give them a call and make an appointment for consultation.
happy.gif

ppp

Hi Verie,

I have stubborn pigmentation on my face, very ugly! I want to get rid of them. Can I have the full address of your doctor?

is it pain to do laser surgery?

ordinary75

Hi verie,

Actually I did laser before, but it was to remove a mole that has changed its form, i.e it actually grew bigger. Coincidentally I went to Northeast Medical too!! And the dr (cant rem his name managed to remove the mole and it was quite a well-done job.

So now i'm wondering if that will work for pigmentation too. Tks for sharing.

moo_pooh

hi neo,

it's important to wear a sunblock when you go outdoors to prevent future pigments and darkening on current ones.

There's a clinically proven treatment available which is very affordable. My mum's friend recommended and seem to be pretty effective for her. Her freckles and pigments are lightened tremendously.

juz fyr, email you the details if interested. Will need to scan from the catalogue which my mum's holding on now.

stupeed

hi PPP - it actually differs from person to person how your pigmentation will lighten. Best is not to be too demanding and expect a 100% lightening of pigmentation because it really depends on your skin, and not what types of treatment you go to (unless you go plastic surgery and reconstruct your face!). My doctor is Dr Ng at N0rtheast Medical (Ka||ang) Blk 39 Jln Tiga #01-01. Tel: 6241 3298.

Laser is not very painful. There are 3 rounds whereby the laser goes over your face. The first round feels like rubberbands hitting your face, the other 2 rounds are not pain. You have to put a numbing cream before the treatment.
happy.gif

May - so ciao! did you go to N0rtheast at Ka||ang? There's a Dr Ng, Dr Puah and some other lady doc. They do Laser for scars and pigmentation as well. Many kinds of cosmeceutical treatments and now they do mesotherapy.

neosy98

Hi Moo Pooh,

I do use sun block, but i think after i went to this salon for facial my pigment get darker. They use infra-red on my face. Actually I'm in doubt, asked them but they claimed it meant for blood circulation. Sigh!
Can share with me at [email protected]
btw, is it expensive??

peachbloom

hi all...
just to share with you all the possible down-side of laser for pigmentation.. i went for it, at NSC.. and ended up with more blemish than i asked for. the treatment actually left me with patches caused by the laser which didn't go away even after months. was so sad then, because that time i decided to go because it was a few months before my wedding and i wanted to look nice.

now i've learnt my lesson. it may not work for everyone. just be wary when the doctor 'warns' you in advance that it may cause "some uneven skin tone".... that's really called "blemish"...

ms_piggy

I have pigmentation problem too! Used SKII but it doesn't seem to help. How much is for laser?
What sunblock do you guys usually use? What brand? I have sunblock cos my face looks very oily after applying it.

Anyway, can share where to do laser for pigmentation at affordable price?

michy_wong

mei - if u go for laser, make sure u maintain after dat. some ppl happily forgot abt it, thinking dat the face will be nice nice permanently.

for me, i dun really use sunblock. i use a whitening essence, followed by a moisturiser which contains spf15.

ms_piggy

Does whitening essence and moisturiser help? I hate moisturiser... make my face oily...
Someday, I will do laser, but for now... I want to do double eyelid first, he..he...

peachbloom

hi michy...
well well, let's say i didn't bother going back because i lost my trust in him lor... what to do..
anyway it's been 2 yrs since.. maybe technology has advanced since =)

michy_wong

mei - moisturisers, esp for use in the day, contain SPF so as to shield ur skin from UV rays. so u tend to feel dat it's abit heavy on ur skin. instead of creme, use emulsion type, cos they're more easily absorbed by the skin. if u maintain ur skin well, dun hv to do laser... save dat money...
happy.gif

peachbloom - oh... 2 yrs liao. well, i guess such things just happen. there are others out there who find gd things to say abt doing laser. so hv u found anything to help wif ur pigmentation problem?

clovea

hi all,
one of my friends(she is about 40plus) tried proflavanol and she told me that her pigmentation had lightened after taking it. amazing !!

teabag

hi felin
just wondering how's yr case with stupid new york skin solution. so is this pacific health good? you are now with them?

millh

Hi

I'm new here. I also have pigmentation on both cheeks. I went Bella skin care. They said they ahve some FPL thingy cost a few thousands and need abt 8 sessions. oh my god. Any other alternative?

Laser gd? Will it come back again? How many sessions?

liza_ng

hi, HL,
i was a beauty therapist for few years. i know 2 difference brand of products which are very effective & see good result for pigmentation skin. In case you like to know more, pls contact my hp 97864013 or email : [email protected] Thank you

purplebird

Recently have a new medication called Tri-Luma, worth a try to lighten pigmentation. It was mentioned in newspapers. But need a doctor's prescription.

crown

I’m now using an essence from Usana. Have been using it for 2 weeks le, I can see my freckles are lighten. Very happy
happy.gif

crown

Have been using for a mth le. Can see that the freckles near my eyes are lesser. Very happy with the results
happy.gif

bum

Hi,

I actually took up IPL seesions at a spa saloon. My darker freckles 'drop off' about 5 days after the first session. Took about 3 sessions to get them all off. Doc did say IPL suppose to even out skin tone, but I'm maybe cos my skin is pretty bad, so effect of evening skin tone not that obvious yet. But IPL is expensive..... $168 per session.

I got some other cheaper remedies.
1. Homemade mask (egg white + honey + some lemon) -recommended by a friend.
Egg white when dry has a 'tightening' feeling and lemon has whitening effect (dunno why... maybe cause it's acidic). Tried it once only... so can't really comment.
2. Tried Neutragena Whitening Facial Mask (those sell by per piece one) from Watson. Left it on and fell asleep with it last night. Actually only supposed to leave it on for 15min. Skin very smooth tomorrow. Red acne marks also lightened.

ariesta

hi bumbum, yup Neutrogena Whitening Mask is like the rare mask tat does wat it says... hahaha its deep clean cleanser also very good.... but when i was in taiwan last time, got revolon absolute C serum, also veri effective too...

zestyzan

Hi all, pigmentation around our cheeks are common phenomenon I discovered as most of the skincare products sold over the counters contain mineral oil. This forms an oclusive layer over our skin and thus prevent water from leaving our face (but it also prevents our skin from breathing!!) Try looking at most of the ing behind the moiturisers..Mineral oil, being an oil, when exposed to sun gets burnts like oil in a frying pan.I've my own share of pigmentation, was introduced to Nuskin 180 series by a fellow pharmacist friend and has been using still, pigmentaiona and dryness gone. Really gd prodt. FYI, if you check, all nuskin moisturisers use NaPCA as the main ing. This is a natural moisturiser that our skin produce and each molecule of NaPCA captures 4 mols of water. Anyone wants to try??

suesue

agreed wif veerie.. Laser hurts only aft treatment & leaf u like lobster for abt 3-5days.
My cousin did it b4. up till now still doing it.
sigh.... it responded well for the few times, but it get immune afterall.. 4 me i do microdermerbrasion using diamonds chips from a frendly n'bourhood facial saloon. hop this helps...

nikki_tan

Hi, i had pigmentation on both sides my cheek for many years, my friend recommended me to an aesthetics clinic at novena medical center, and my pigmentation was gone by 90%.

nikki_tan

Hi Ting Ting,

The treatment i got was not laser, it's call cosmelan depigmentation. The clinic name is SS Medical Aesthetics, it's located at Novena Medical Center, #09-30. The staff are very friendly and professional. You can call them at 63977012 or visit their website www.ssmedicalaesthetics.sg

Hope this help
happy.gif

sueyenn

Hello I've used the same as Ting Ting. The results are excellent! I checked around and other doctors were charging $2000 for the treatment. I paid $1300 for the mask, and the complete homecare range.

vixen

Hi, go to doctors if you want to remove pigmentations. Don't believe what those beauticians tell you. I used to spend thousands of dollars on facials cos those beautician told me I got pigments, need to do whitening treatment, gold treatments, etc etc.... wah, spend so much pigments still there.

I've got very stubborn pigmentations too, cos my skin is very thin and i am very fair. So, very prone to pigmentaions if exposed to sun. Moreover, I used to play sports under the sun, never take care, never put sunblock.. Until I realised that my pigments had grown larger and larger, which makes me look like i was 40 yrs old, that i began to panic.

I went to National Skin Centre few months back and the doc gave me some retina cream and depigmentation cream. I applied and my pigments were gone within 2 months. Now I only need to apply as and when necessary, i.e. when I see faint spots appearing...

At first I thought I may need to go thru laser treatment too.. but doc say no need. I advise to go to a doctor, don't anyhow apply expensive cosmetic brand lotions. Cos cosmetic brands can only help that much, but can't totally remove. By the way, the creams from NSC were cheap. Results gauranteed.

And most most most importantly, must apply sunblock before leaving house... if you want to look pretty, you cannot be lazy
happy.gif

zestyzan

My mom and I use 180 series by nuskin...anyone interested to look at testimonial, just email me at [email protected]. the best part is that its gentle, not like other pigmentation treatment. You can see visible results to skin's condition in 7 days...you wont regret its effect. ANd at the same time, it makes your skin look younger, i.e it not only solve the pigmentation problem but maintain it to look young and glowy

fiowky

Who has tried IPL before and is it effective? how much National Skin Centre charging at? I would like to try.

I went to see doctors at NUH, NSC (sometime back) and one clinic at paragon, they do not recommend me to do laser cos the after effect can worsen .. that means darker than my pigmentation.

haiz. I really wish I could tie my hair but I cant cos it is so obvious.

I tried Tri Luma cream, effect at first was good. but when stop using it comes back. I think it do lighten a little. Maybe I didnt follow the two weeks treatment, I totally forgotten about it and continued using it for a mth. I stopped using it. Currently using a cream which is recommended by Dr which is called UNITONE 4, specially made for pigmentation but i don see result. haiz.

I want to get rid of it but don know how. Want to do laser but Dr said it will worsen after that, depending on individual. some may some ppl may not.

So last solution is IPL. I heard from my beautician that some of her customers tried IPL at NSC which is cheaper, is able to get rid of the pigmentation.

I want more feedbacks from you all so I wont spend my hard earn $$ on something that is not effective.

Thank you