Perth

oinkeebabe

Hi gals,

I just went to Perth in May by valuair. We went in group of 4. We managed to book a Camry 3.0 from Singapore Avis, pay when collecting the car.

We drove all the way to Albany when we hit Perth. Then travel slowly upwards. Able to travel from albany to Denmark, Prepempton, Margaret River, Perth City.

Albany - muz go to the Wind Farm

Margaret River - Lime stone Cave, Voyager Vineyard, Leeuwin Vineyard (they conduct wine tour)

Perth City - Weekend market, Muz eat the circerelous Fish& chips....

Need more details, juz email me at [email protected]

suetan

I was offered to fly by SQ for 6 days 5 nites , stay at ambassador hotel, comes with free airport transfer, visa possessing for $1710 for 2 person including tax, worth it?

suetan

I was offered to fly by SQ for 6 days 5 nites , stay at ambassador hotel, comes with free airport transfer, visa possessing for $1710 for 2 person including tax, worth it?

pierced22

Hi suelynn, will have to check out and get back to u coz most info already passed to other frenz. we mainly drove to small b&b to stay in or even at a campervan park.
thk the offer quite alrite since itz SQ. not sure abt ambassador hotel but i know the rates for perth are quite competitive now.

babyshannon

Hi,

do anyone who has been to Perth have photos to share?? still trying to plan my trip..i just bought my western australia lonely planet for reference...

sereneli

Hi Shannon,

Oh that's cheap. But maybe because I DIY my trip, that's why Nam Ho charges me $20 (I guess) But actually if want to save the hassle, can do online at AUD 20.00
happy.gif

pierced22

Hi shannon, ya quite cheap for the visas lei...i DIY miself so i paid quite exp also ard $20.
sorry, all mi pics are normal film nt digital so cant share lei...

suetan

can anyone share the intinery that u all had when u all went perth? I am too busy to do up, all research in a mess. Got no time to plan.....On MC for 2 days n so many work outstanding

starmed

pepe
happy.gif
hi... wow..u going to Perth to take your PS? cool... anyway it's a great place to have pictures...u decided to go which part of south already?

squiddy

starstar

i'm very excited! i not sure if anyone has done it before. but i am going to pemberton,walpole, denmark and albany for my photoshoot. its going to be tough but i dun mind!

but the australia airport tax is such a dampener. costs abt 294!!!

starmed

pepe
haha....yup..tell me abt it... I'm going in March n the stupid airport tax is like almost the same price as the air tics...
happy.gif

wah...go all the way to Albany? think logistics wise u'll need to sort it out... accom, car rental, etc... any special reason on going to all these town to take your PS? u got a local photographer or aussie?

think albany there's nothing much leh.. if u want sea/beaches, cliffs, there's a town nearer to Perth called Bunbury... also got the scenes if u are looking to at those I've mentioned... better still u can get up close n personal wif dolphins...;p

squiddy

star star,

i got all the logistics sorted out. My aussie friend is letting us stay over while we at perth city. as for the towns we chosen, we choose it for its scenery and its cottages especially in pemberton. for walpole, i am going to the elephant rocks and green pool to take pics. that place is breathtaking! i have been there 4 to 5 times already. i know the south at the back of my hand! ha ha ha.
bunbury is nice but i prefer the green pool! it is a secluded beach where the sea is green color and the pool is blocked by the rocks hence the water is pretty calm and give its green color. Go there if u have the time. The place is called williamson bay or beach i think.
As for dolphins, its much better in monkey mia.I tried the sailing out to see the dolphine at bunbury. It nice but nothing beats having the dolphins swimming up to u in monkey mia.
Albany, going to the gap to take pics if not the water hole. lots of places to shoot!! at albany at emu beach i think, the boardwalk will be fantastic for sunset shoots. heh heh.....taking local photographer with us. which places are you going?

starmed

pepe
good that u got your logistics sorted out...
happy.gif
wah..think it's gonna be rather ex isit? will u be paying for everything for the MUA and the photographer? Mind if I ask how much will u be spending n how long will u guys be staying there?

I'll be also going the same place as ya...
happy.gif
I'll going to Bunbury, Wadpole, Busselton, Albany,Denmark, Margaret River n Wadpole.
happy.gif
it'll be self drive...
happy.gif
oh ya..the last two days we'll be going Swan valley n fremantle. Looking forward to the trip...
happy.gif

squiddy

starstar,

i only paying for the photographer. make up i do myself. pretty much DIY.since it is shot digitally, think the photographer can "airbrush" some stuff. ha ha ha. i will staying there for about 10 days or more. total expenditure on the travel expenses will be about 5k excl. photographer fees. we going to country for 4 days only. the rest of the days will be in perth city. i need to go there search for my evening gown. Heard that the EG are pretty nice and wide selection! mayb go subiaco or booragon to take a look.

wow, u have the same itenary as me except margaret river. i am skipping that area. but while u at M.R, drop by The Berry Farm and buy the mango wine. its FABULOUS!!! and its brandy apricot jam. delicious!!!

have you completed your wedding ceremony already and is this your honeymoon trip? Enjoy ur trip!! its going to be a little bit warm though.....

starmed

pepe
wow...sounds real cool...
happy.gif
looks like u spending quite alot there...so are u incorporating this trip as your HM or separately...HM another trip to elsewhere?
happy.gif

EG? the EG there is nice? hmmm... must go n see liao...
happy.gif
btw where's booragon? went Perth abt 4 times liao but never know there's a place called booragon...which part of Perth it is in? anyway I'll definitely go for the berry farm...
happy.gif
N the mango wine....
happy.gif
thanks for the advice...
happy.gif

I've completed my cermony everything in March this year..
happy.gif
went for honeymoon liao..this one is just a trip overseas...
happy.gif
well, if u wanna consider it as honeymoon...also can lah...hahaha..
happy.gif

thought it's gonna be quite cooling? cos I went there in april once n it's quite cooling...at nite can get pretty cold..need sweater one...

squiddy

starstar,

The money is to set aside for car rental. bcos i really don;t know how much i will spend. probably the cost will go under. more money got EG!!

this trip not honeymoon to me, rather it seems like a task to be done. ha ha ha we studied in perth that is why we taking pics there. My wedding is in Oct next yr and we have no ideas on where to go. still long time. mayb go scale the great wall of china. heh heh.

Booragon, another name is called Garden City. there houses a lot fashion brands. pretty huge shopping mall. check the map, its abt 20 mins drive from perth. Booragoon shopping center.

wow, u been to perth 4 times!!! cool....most of my friends think it is boring and some never come visit me when i was studying. all insist that it is a boring place. u not bad leh.....u got friends or family in perth?

march is warm. i still can remember the flies and all.... yucks! April is cooling bcos it is entering in autumn.

starmed

pepe
happy.gif
oic..no wonder u going there to take pics...so nice n sweet...
happy.gif
If I would u... I'll also do the same... relive memories...
happy.gif

ok..Booragon is a shopping center..I'll take note of that...
happy.gif
thanks..
happy.gif

yup...I LOVE Perth BUT only in the cooling times..kekeke...
happy.gif
I dun find Perth boring... I love the place... so many wineries.. farms to visit...etc. keke...even suggested to hubby next time old we retire to Perth..hahaha...:p

I went there so many times also partly becos my hubby last time was training there for abt a year... so come to visit him...
happy.gif
this trip is something like reliving memories n also I'll be his tour guide for the southern side as he was on training...couldn't join me those few times I went down south...
happy.gif

squiddy

summer is a killer. i remember sleeping with my fan switched on and still sweat like a pig!!
u like wineries? cool.....i not a fan of wine but the mango wine, u got to try! very aromatic. they got lots of fruit wine to choose from. i think if u go in march mayb can pick some fruits huh? ha ha
your hubby training there? is he pilot or something?

starmed

pepe
?? woah..think u really an 'old timer' there...
happy.gif
yup..he's a pilot...
happy.gif
visited him when he's in training...
happy.gif
I went there 3 times within a span of 10 mths...:p hee... miss him mah...vice versa I guess... he's the one who asked me to go over to look for him... :p keke..that time got free trips who dun want...hahaha..:p

yup..me love wine BUT not a good drinker leh...:p love the port especially...
happy.gif

miss the fish n chips in frementle...
happy.gif

squiddy

wah ha ha ha. just clever guess.
Good life for you lah.....i hope it is not anyone i know. heh heh.....

fish and chips? yeah.....a bit oily but it is still delicious.

if there is any place u have not explored yet,let me know. see if i can help. especially in the "shopping department" ha ha ha ha

surely husband got give wife allowance hor?
hee hee

starmed

pepe
happy.gif
sure..thanks for your help..
happy.gif
I'll definitely go down to Booragon to take a look... shopping har...keke..me actually not a big fan of shopping...I shop like a guy... zero in on target n buy...seldom window shop...:p actually sort of got a list of stuffs to buy already... a nice evening dress is one of them..;p other stuffs are hand made candies, chocolates, abalones, scallops...etc.

allowance? aiya..his $$ is my $$..my $$ is also his $$..we share share one.. ;p common pool... hee...
happy.gif

squiddy

u not fan of shopping?! then ur hobby must b travelling then. . . . .

wow seems like u have a huge shopping list......ha ha ha....

starmed

pepe
yup..spot on..keke..both my hubby n me love to travel..
happy.gif
shopping list...keke..ya lah...the scallops are real cheap there leh...;p most likely this trip my parents are coming along..
happy.gif
they never been to Perth bef..

squiddy

starstar,

did u know that you can actually catch your own abalones in a beach? but u need to pay license to do so. ha ha ha must wake up early in the hours to dig abalone.

hey can i ask how much u paid for your ticket and which airline u taking? i just paid mine...

starmed

pepe
I haven confirmed the booking...if paying, it'll be $300 per pax surcharges think ard $290++(can't rem)... taking SIA. u?

wah... must wake up early? think never mind lah...I'll rather buy from shops...too lazy to wake up so early...:p

squiddy

star star,

me taking quantas. book via zuji. cheaper. best part is the aus visa is at no cost.

Now feel heartache liao.....so expensive....

starmed

pepe
may I know how much u paying for the tics? how come no need to pay? U book thru zuji they'll do the visa for u for free isit?

squiddy

star,

me paying 328+tax294 =622. visa is at no cost. there will be a one time payment of $20 as admin fees. Type of airfare....are e-tickets. i checked chan brothers, they charging 5 dollars EACH passenger on the via.

starmed

pepe
hmmm..I not sure leh...if I book my tics direct from SIA... will they do the visa for me or do I need to do one myself? This is the first time I buying tics direct from SIA..other times I went... I booked thru MISA travel....think gonna pay admin charges...
sad.gif

squiddy

star star,
i think u better check with SIA? most likely they do help with the visa and it takes one day to do it. i dunno. i read some where that some people actually do their own visa. for zuji, they say spore and HK passport no need to pay for visa. malaysia passport requires 20 AUD.

mocca_pooh

hi all
me and a gal fren gg perth next yr feb~mar...have booked the ticket with SIA (e-ticket). am wondering if i can ask them to apply for the visa or we nid to do it ourselves?
also, i got frens that tell me two gals to perth is dangerous... isit true?

squiddy

mocca,

ask the the SIA if they do the visa for you. most likely they will do it. I did mine via zuji and it cost nothing!

Two gals to perth is not that dangerous. i have been there alone and shopping, nothing happened to me. Just be aware of your surroundings. But a word of caution, probably just common sense. Do not opt for narrow alleyways or taking a shortcut between the buildings. a friend of mine got mugged while taking a shortcut in the narrow alleyways in the city.

Enjoy your trip!!

starmed

Mocca
I've checked wif SIA already... u'll need to go down to the info counter in Terminal 2 to do the visa..free..
happy.gif
advice given by SIA is to do the visa a few days before your departure..not on the same day...
happy.gif

starmed

Mocca
u'll be going there in feb or march? cos I"m going there in march the first week..
happy.gif
where will u be staying?

mocca_pooh

hi starstar...
me is gg 25th feb ~ 5th mar...onli book tickets cos SIA got promo mah :p ..still haven source for accomodation and all other details... heehee
but we are thinking of renting those apartment along cottesloe or fermantle...

u gg march 1st week ar? for how long? stay where? oso f&e?

starmed

mocca
yup..going on the first week...I haven confirm my air tics yet..;p tentative on 7th march... free n easy..
happy.gif
we plan to take the 0115 hrs flight then reach perth collect car n drive south to Bunbury liao..:p in perth, we'll be staying criterion hotel.. very very near hay street..:p going there for slightly over a week.