Outdoor Venue for ROM

jialing2017

Hi all,

I am planning to get married in 2017. Thinking of hosting a outdoor cocktail party after ROM. Any recommend venues and packages? Thanks.

alyooop

Shangri la Rasa at sentosa? I went there before and it can get humid, depending in the weather. If it rained the ground will be soft n muddy. Also saw peacock poop lol. Gotta consider that if the dining area will be outdoors too, the buffet area isn't sheltered so if leaves fall they will get into your food. We had ours at amara sanctuary, rom at glass pavilion. It's perfect for us because he wanted garden wedding and I needed air con as I sweat easily, so we got the best of both worlds. Our friends and relatives loved the food too. Oh, and the buffet line is just at the kitchen so refills are definitely fresher. Out of your options, I'd go with raffles. More convenient for transport too.

OYHZ

Shangri la Rasa at sentosa? I went there before and it can get humid, depending in the weather. If it rained the ground will be soft n muddy. Also saw peacock poop lol. Gotta consider that if the dining area will be outdoors too, the buffet area isn't sheltered so if leaves fall they will get into your food. We had ours at amara sanctuary, rom at glass pavilion. It's perfect for us because he wanted garden wedding and I needed air con as I sweat easily, so we got the best of both worlds. Our friends and relatives loved the food too. Oh, and the buffet line is just at the kitchen so refills are definitely fresher. Out of your options, I'd go with raffles. More convenient for transport too.

Oh.. thanks for your reviews. Guess anyone who's considering an outdoor wedding recept needs to take note of the points above and weigh the pros and cons :)

alyooop

Oh.. thanks for your reviews. Guess anyone who's considering an outdoor wedding recept needs to take note of the points above and weigh the pros and cons :)
No prob :) aircon was a very important thing for me, and having shelter doesn't work all the time because of sg's humidity, especially if the rain stops before wedding/rom starts.

Can suggest that rom happens outdoors with minimum guests like close relatives and important friends, then have everyone indoors for the lunch/dinner. If I'm not wrong raffles can do that.

There are more outdoor weddings these days but it feels to me that couples haven't considered practicality factors :/

alyooop

Hi all,

I am planning to get married in 2017. Thinking of hosting a outdoor cocktail party after ROM. Any recommend venues and packages? Thanks.
I would suggest to look for locations that allow u to do both at their premises, better if food is included and u don't need to engage a caterer because it could cost more in total.

Places that rent out just the location could also have a lot of rules and restrictions like limited time to decorate and set up, and hourly booking instead of letting u have the full day or meal period. If you're doing deco or engaging someone, don't underestimate the time needed to do it. It may seem simple in your mind but it takes a while to put things up so you could end up paying extra to book the timing just to set up deco.

Maybe bars/pubs/cafes with an al fresco area? Most should allow for private events bookings. How about the halia at botanical garden?