Oct 2016 BTB

yz88

I'm 2 oct 16 bride too. Really a hot date thou it's a Sunday!
Settled wedding venue, Bridal studio, Wedding band. Looking for AD PG, VG.

mandylove

I doing everything as per usual but just for the gate crash I simplify it, like just a give Ang bao then open door.

Do you have a schedule to share with me?

I'm thinking of doing without the entire morning session cause there's really nothing to us to do.
No gatecrash, MIL doesn't want to have tea ceremony at home cause she prefer to be at the venue where everyone can see.
So basically only my side for tea ceremony, that's all.

And my bridesmaids were asking, "why do you need us to be there in the morning if there's no gatecrash?"
Good question, I didn't think of that.

I'm thinking of doing without the entire morning session cause there's really nothing to us to do.
No gatecrash, MIL doesn't want to have tea ceremony at home cause she prefer to be at the venue where everyone can see.

And my bridesmaids were asking, "why do you need us to be there in the morning if there's no gatecrash?"

Maybe you can tell them that you want to go for some outdoor photoshoot?

Are you doing your banquet at night ? Maybe can ask your htb to come and fetch you in the afternoon and offer tea to your parents. Simple one just open give Ang bao and open door. Maybe like that your parents can have a 'feeling' that their daughter 出嫁.
Then maybe you and your sisters can adjourn to the hotel and take some photos.
Maybe can explain to them that you need their moral support and maybe a little help like help you touch up makeup, carry gown, hold on the red packets from relative.. Those misc stuff.
For me I got church wedding, so htb fetch me and we go church together.

mandylove

Are you doing your banquet at night ? Maybe can ask your htb to come and fetch you in the afternoon and offer tea to your parents. Simple one just open give Ang bao and open door. Maybe like that your parents can have a 'feeling' that their daughter 出嫁.
Then maybe you and your sisters can adjourn to the hotel and take some photos.
Maybe can explain to them that you need their moral support and maybe a little help like help you touch up makeup, carry gown, hold on the red packets from relative.. Those misc stuff.
For me I got church wedding, so htb fetch me and we go church together.

Thanks for your suggestion! It's really helpful :)

Wen Xuan

Hi hi i am aso October btb, nice to meet u guys.
I settled most of my wedding prep except for finding JP, bridesmaids' attire, gdl, jewelries for AD.

jas1207

Hi hi i am aso October btb, nice to meet u guys.
I settled most of my wedding prep except for finding JP, bridesmaids' attire, gdl, jewelries for AD.
I'm about the same as you!! But seems still many same things to do and follow up. .when do u intend to send out save the date?

Wen Xuan

I'm about the same as you!! But seems still many same things to do and follow up. .when do u intend to send out save the date?
U mean booking the jp? I am still cracking my head who to invite. I previously wrote to the mr Phua Tan Tee for him to be my rom solemniser but he replied that his license Will be expired in June 16. Boo...

jas1207

U mean booking the jp? I am still cracking my head who to invite. I previously wrote to the mr Phua Tan Tee for him to be my rom solemniser but he replied that his license Will be expired in June 16. Boo...
No I meant the save the dates notice. Cos I'm planning to send out the formal invites only in Jul or Aug. So wanted to send out save the dates to inform friends and relatives earlier.
I initially only wanted to look for jp in Mar or Apr but maybe got to start earlier! Worried can't get 1 easily cos of my venue..

Wen Xuan

No I meant the save the dates notice. Cos I'm planning to send out the formal invites only in Jul or Aug. So wanted to send out save the dates to inform friends and relatives earlier.
I initially only wanted to look for jp in Mar or Apr but maybe got to start earlier! Worried can't get 1 easily cos of my venue..
Aww.... i only verbally informed my friends and relatives. Planning to send out e-rsvp to them in jul or aug, will double cfm their attendance again 2 weeks before my AD. My hotel allows us to confirm the number of tables 10 days before the banquet.
Whr u held yr wedding?

jas1207

Aww.... i only verbally informed my friends and relatives. Planning to send out e-rsvp to them in jul or aug, will double cfm their attendance again 2 weeks before my AD. My hotel allows us to confirm the number of tables 10 days before the banquet.
Whr u held yr wedding?
I think mine has to be confirmed 2 weeks before the banquet. At village hotel changi. Yrs?

vivianneo

Hello Girls! I am a 2 October Bride too. Looks like its a hot date even though it is a sunday. :p
Using Labelle for pre and AD and booked the venue. Thats about it. Hahah. Am I too slow?

ednacsy

wow, you ladies are fast! i'm still in the midst of trying on gowns at various bridal studios. have tried Digio, JessicaCindy and TGW! Any other suggestions? I still havent found my "YES" dress. :(

ednacsy

haha im doing away with gatecrash too so i am not intending to have any bridesmaids/sisters. probably will rope in my cousins for help only.

Wen Xuan

wow, you ladies are fast! i'm still in the midst of trying on gowns at various bridal studios. have tried Digio, JessicaCindy and TGW! Any other suggestions? I still havent found my "YES" dress. :(
Did u try Rica Mona or Thomson Wedding Collection? Heard their gowns are nice.
I personally love korean style so i chose the korean bridal shop ztage for my ps and Ad gowns.

Wow! Hows ur experience hopping around? Did they hard sell u everytime u go and try their gowns? I am very afraid of hardselling

mandylove

When are you guys taking your prewedding shoot? Z wedding ask me to take in May or June but I think it's a bit too late. Or am I too ganjiong?

vivianneo

When are you guys taking your prewedding shoot? Z wedding ask me to take in May or June but I think it's a bit too late. Or am I too ganjiong?

Hahah labelle also suggested to me around April or May so I am taking in May. I had the same thought as you too!

Same. When I wanted to take in Feb.. They said too early and though they will take your photo.. They will only give you your product at a later date cos they want to settle other brides whose dates are nearer first..

And they also said that got new gowns by then.. So wait for the new gowns.. Sigh. If not because I can't confirm my work, I would have die die book February to take photoshoot..

mandylove

Same. When I wanted to take in Feb.. They said too early and though they will take your photo.. They will only give you your product at a later date cos they want to settle other brides whose dates are nearer first..

And they also said that got new gowns by then.. So wait for the new gowns.. Sigh. If not because I can't confirm my work, I would have die die book February to take photoshoot..

Ya! They say new gown coming in March, ask me go back in April to choose. Then May then take photo.

Ya! They say new gown coming in March, ask me go back in April to choose. Then May then take photo.

Yah.. My bf has reservist in March some more so need to cut hair and have time for the hair to grow back. Lol.

Btw.. I saw you are selling ur z wedding package?

vivianneo

Anyways just wondering if anybody doing a luncheon? Cause I am doing a lunch. Still cannot decide whether to hire a VD.

jas1207

Anyways just wondering if anybody doing a luncheon? Cause I am doing a lunch. Still cannot decide whether to hire a VD.
I'm doing a luncheon! I hired vg because I wanted to have sde shown during banquet and a memory of the ad thereafter.

ednacsy

Did u try Rica Mona or Thomson Wedding Collection? Heard their gowns are nice.
I personally love korean style so i chose the korean bridal shop ztage for my ps and Ad gowns.

i have not! i have only went a couple and i already feel exhausted hahaha. whats your package price like? is it expensive?

ednacsy

Wow! Hows ur experience hopping around? Did they hard sell u everytime u go and try their gowns? I am very afraid of hardselling

haha i dont fancy hardselling too! so far my experience has been not too bad.

1st stop - D*G**, i wanted to have a good gauge on the pricing and to also try on some gowns. very nice gowns there but i went on a weekend evening and it was packed! not much hardsell though.

2nd stop was J******C****, love her gowns and designs. very pretty and nice lady, she knows the latest trend and very talented too! but the gowns were tad too pricey and had no 'packages'. so it was just OTR designs or bespoke designs. a little off my budget

last stop for now - TGW
tried on a couple of gowns last weekend and not too bad an experience. the price range is reasonable. just that i have not found THE dress yet. not much hardsell too

how's your experience so far? :)

ednacsy

im doing lunch too! :) i think lunch more straight forward, at least we have some alone time for dinner thereafter, heh!

yz88

@pipi3754 Hi nice to meet u! Im also a Yvonne Creative bride with the same wedding day as u! Have u booked ur AD video n photo?

Last edited: