Need help !!

Piggy1988

Hi brides

I’m intending to hold a wedding lunch next year w my htb. We doesn’t have any friends holding wedding lunch so we have no idea about the procedures.

We are intending not to hold any gatecrash on that day, tea ceremony will be held in the hotel before the solemnisation. So when my bth come fetch me to his place, after that I need to wear the kua to go back to my parent’s place, so what do I do there since the tea ceremony will be held at the hotel.

Thanks ladies !!

qds

The kua is mainly for the tea ceremony.
Depending on how traditional you guys are, i know of some couples who skip the kua when the tea ceremony is held in the hotel.
This means, he fetches you in the gown, picks you up. After which, some people head straight to the hotel while some go for a little outdoor photo shoot first.

Hope this is relevant!

eang18

Hi brides

I’m intending to hold a wedding lunch next year w my htb. We doesn’t have any friends holding wedding lunch so we have no idea about the procedures.

We are intending not to hold any gatecrash on that day, tea ceremony will be held in the hotel before the solemnisation. So when my bth come fetch me to his place, after that I need to wear the kua to go back to my parent’s place, so what do I do there since the tea ceremony will be held at the hotel.

Thanks ladies !!

Mine was wedding lunch and I coordinated a few since :)

For wedding lunch, usually the rundown’s

Gatecrash and Fetch the Bride
Outdoor (or Hotel) shoot with brothers + sisters
Arrive in hotel and change kua
Tea ceremony at hotel function room
Change back to gown
Return to function room for solemnisation
Onward to reception to receive friends
Prepare for 1st March in

Cos it’s wedding lunch, a lot of activities would be happening in tandem I.e while u do outdoor shoot, parents/ in law will arrive at hotel, check-in and then let MUA do the magic for mums, while you are changing, sisters help to setup and check the rooms for tea ceremony and solemnisation (room layout and seat arrangement are slightly different)

Its not that hard really :)

Piggy1988

Change back to gown
Prepare for 1st March in

Cos it’s wedding lunch, a lot of activities would be happening in tandem I.e while u do outdoor shoot, parents/ in law will arrive at hotel, check-in and then let MUA do the magic for mums, while you are changing, sisters help to setup and check the rooms for tea ceremony and solemnisation (room layout and seat arrangement are slightly different)

Change back to gown
Prepare for 1st March in

Wow..thanks a lot !
Question, when groom fetch bride to his place, bride suppose to change kua to go back to parent’s place, but because is wedding lunch usually the couple will head straight to the hotel and then change to kua for tea ceremony. The tea ceremony is for both groom and bride side ? Got bride wear the kua go back to the parent’s place and then head off to the hotel from there ?

Piggy1988

The kua is mainly for the tea ceremony.
Depending on how traditional you guys are, i know of some couples who skip the kua when the tea ceremony is held in the hotel.
This means, he fetches you in the gown, picks you up. After which, some people head straight to the hotel while some go for a little outdoor photo shoot first.

Hope this is relevant!

Thank you !

eang18

Wow..thanks a lot !
Question, when groom fetch bride to his place, bride suppose to change kua to go back to parent’s place, but because is wedding lunch usually the couple will head straight to the hotel and then change to kua for tea ceremony. The tea ceremony is for both groom and bride side ? Got bride wear the kua go back to the parent’s place and then head off to the hotel from there ?

Bride don't have to change to Kua when fetched by the groom - Kua change can be done at the hotel, then proceed down for tea ceremony.
Yup - the tea ceremony is for both side, Groom's side first, then Bride. Before starting the tea ceremony, will be good to do a quick intro on who's who (at least the the immediate members to each other parents).
It is not a absolute must to go back to the bride parents place, especially for wedding lunch as it will be a tight schedule, but of course we do respect the wishes of the parents and elders, if they insist. But from a logistic point of view, the close relatives and brides parents stay for tea at home, and then rush to the hotel is not really a good option.

If bride returning home is not happening on actual day - then should do the 三朝回门,accompany Bride back to in law home on 3rd day of marrige :) You may then prepare some gifts i.e. Bird Nest, chicken essence to give to the bride parents, giving thanks :)

Piggy1988

Bride don't have to change to Kua when fetched by the groom - Kua change can be done at the hotel, then proceed down for tea ceremony.
Yup - the tea ceremony is for both side, Groom's side first, then Bride. Before starting the tea ceremony, will be good to do a quick intro on who's who (at least the the immediate members to each other parents).
It is not a absolute must to go back to the bride parents place, especially for wedding lunch as it will be a tight schedule, but of course we do respect the wishes of the parents and elders, if they insist. But from a logistic point of view, the close relatives and brides parents stay for tea at home, and then rush to the hotel is not really a good option.

If bride returning home is not happening on actual day - then should do the 三朝回门,accompany Bride back to in law home on 3rd day of marrige :) You may then prepare some gifts i.e. Bird Nest, chicken essence to give to the bride parents, giving thanks :)

Thank you so much for the details.