Marina Bay Sands (MBS)

ttytwe

hi, ttytwe! are you looking at lunch or dinner? if dinner, there will be free flow beer and there will be two nights stay in bridal suite. projector should be able to nego for a second one for free. you need to discuss with the person that will contact you for finalisation (if you have signed), otherwise, i think just email in because the email goes direct to the managers who can make decisions.
I went down personally to meet the manager. Young and inexperience I can say. Never into herself to me and htb, and also never give us her name card. The impression already discounted. After showing us the ballroom and we told her the ballroom seems too big and it will not feel cosy for 28 or 30 tables. Her replied was 'is like that one,she can't help,all ballroom same ' after that brought us to see solemnize area, and while discussing with my htb,she interrupt and said why not look at the package first. OK, but duhz, everything also cannot. She doesn't even want to try or see what she can do for us.Just simply cannot,period.
I don't think I will let such inexperience or rather a person who will not go extra mile or more enthusiastic to be my wedding coordinator.
Thanks to her that such service she provided to me, made me decided to hunt for other venue and yes! service is great, sincere,very experience, service oriented and most important, patience and looking at a wedding couple perspective. :)

Ckmj

I went down personally to meet the manager. Young and inexperience I can say. Never into herself to me and htb, and also never give us her name card. The impression already discounted. After showing us the ballroom and we told her the ballroom seems too big and it will not feel cosy for 28 or 30 tables. Her replied was 'is like that one,she can't help,all ballroom same ' after that brought us to see solemnize area, and while discussing with my htb,she interrupt and said why not look at the package first. OK, but duhz, everything also cannot. She doesn't even want to try or see what she can do for us.Just simply cannot,period.
I don't think I will let such inexperience or rather a person who will not go extra mile or more enthusiastic to be my wedding coordinator.
Thanks to her that such service she provided to me, made me decided to hunt for other venue and yes! service is great, sincere,very experience, service oriented and most important, patience and looking at a wedding couple perspective. :)

ooh i see. sounds like she really didn't put in any effort. but it's good that you found another venue that make you pleased and happy!

ttytwe

ooh i see. sounds like she really didn't put in any effort. but it's good that you found another venue that make you pleased and happy!
yes, I'm glad. Blessing in disguise. My advise to all btb, if have not signed a package, don't rush into it. Try to hunt more venue and go down personally and meet your coordinator. You will feel are they sincere or just simply want to close their sales deal. Just like buying your house, the feel must right and comfortable. If can, try not to accommodate min tables, roughly do your guest list first and estimate the number of guests likely will attend. Compare a few hotels and nego with them. Now wedding banquet very competitive and expensive too, likely they will come up a package to meet your requirement. Don't be shy to ask questions and observe their response to you. thank you babe and hope you find yours too.

Ckmj

yes, I'm glad. Blessing in disguise. My advise to all btb, if have not signed a package, don't rush into it. Try to hunt more venue and go down personally and meet your coordinator. You will feel are they sincere or just simply want to close their sales deal. Just like buying your house, the feel must right and comfortable. If can, try not to accommodate min tables, roughly do your guest list first and estimate the number of guests likely will attend. Compare a few hotels and nego with them. Now wedding banquet very competitive and expensive too, likely they will come up a package to meet your requirement. Don't be shy to ask questions and observe their response to you. thank you babe and hope you find yours too.

good advice!! that's what i'm doing too. haha. but you can feel some hotels really can't bargain one. most imptly must be happy !

ruachgall

I had the same encounter. Very bad experience... it seemed to me she can't wait to end the meeting with us.

ttytwe

I had the same encounter. Very bad experience... it seemed to me she can't wait to end the meeting with us.
Hi ruachgall, I hope you didnt sign with her. There's quite a few hotel to look around. if looking for small ballroom, you may try regent hotel but max tables is only 16. very fairtytales theme. Goodwood park can consider also for their Tunor ballroom, max 22 tables. Orchard hotel food is great and spacious ballroom too. Min table is 25, max 35 tables. Meritius mandarin not bad too. M hotel price also decent, within budget. Fort Canning Hotel, recently added one ballroom. very nice, glass house type. Keep sending email to inquire.
Ask them any promotion going on, likely they will offer you wedding show perks despite you missed the show.

More hotel is offering :
2nights stay bridal suite with breakfast
1night stay for helper with breakfast
free flow beer/wine (if free flow of wine given, can actually don't want free wine given per confirmed table and ask for more beers instead)
complimentary 1 table or 2 tables
waiver of corkage charge
free canapes to serve during pre cocktail
credit $$$ given during your stay in the bridal suite
$100 to $300 dining voucher depends on which hotel you chose (not all hotel offering)

the rest of the perks quite standard like :
guest signature book
2 angbao boxes
2 wedding favours
70-75% invitation card(exclude printing)
20-30% parking coupon
champagne pyramid and 1 bottle of champagne for toasting
free solemnization area to use
complimentary food tasting for 10persons. (oriental hotel needs to pay 30% for food tasting if you take the small ballroom)

Hope the info shared above help all the BTB. At least roughly know what you will need for your banquet. :D

ttytwe

good advice!! that's what i'm doing too. haha. but you can feel some hotels really can't bargain one. most imptly must be happy !
Hi ckmj, I feel is the person you liaise with. Some banquet coordinator or the person you liaise with may not want to put in more effort or extra work to cater to your requirement thus they will say dont think so, cannot, this is the best they can offer. However, if they would tell you let me try to ask my boss/superior, this show they actually willing to help. Frankly, those perks most wedding couple request for are quite standard and normal lor. I believe the hotel not so TIGHT Budget till they cannot give lor. Just depends on our luck who is the one attend to us bah..

alac

Hi ruachgall, I hope you didnt sign with her. There's quite a few hotel to look around. if looking for small ballroom, you may try regent hotel but max tables is only 16. very fairtytales theme. Goodwood park can consider also for their Tunor ballroom, max 22 tables. Orchard hotel food is great and spacious ballroom too. Min table is 25, max 35 tables. Meritius mandarin not bad too. M hotel price also decent, within budget. Fort Canning Hotel, recently added one ballroom. very nice, glass house type. Keep sending email to inquire.
Ask them any promotion going on, likely they will offer you wedding show perks despite you missed the show.

More hotel is offering :
free flow beer/wine (if free flow of wine given, can actually don't want free wine given per confirmed table and ask for more beers instead)
waiver of corkage charge
$100 to $300 dining voucher depends on which hotel you chose (not all hotel offering)

guest signature book
2 angbao boxes
2 wedding favours
20-30% parking coupon
complimentary food tasting for 10persons. (oriental hotel needs to pay 30% for food tasting if you take the small ballroom)

Hope the info shared above help all the BTB. At least roughly know what you will need for your banquet. :D
Hi ttytwe, thank you for sharing the info. :)

alac

I signed with Goodwood Park hotel. My banquet coordinator is Ivy. thumb up for her!! I'm 10 sept btb.

alac

Me too. Also bad experience. the banquet manager who I met was "JG". She is like forever in a rush. And I dont like the way she "look" at me. Like a kinda stare "saying, u wana sign anot, if dont want, dont waste my time' -. -

Aj.tan

More hotel is offering :
waiver of corkage charge

guest signature book
2 angbao boxes
2 wedding favours
20-30% parking coupon

Wow that's a lot of perks!

I contacted MBS on Sunday (missed the roadshow) and they just sent me their usual package.

Eventually I signed elsewhere but also didn't get so many goodies~ but okay la don't want to worry about finding a venue anymore! :D

ruachgall

More hotel is offering :
waiver of corkage charge

guest signature book
2 angbao boxes
2 wedding favours
20-30% parking coupon

Of course I didn't. My finace buay tahan too...

ruachgall

Me too. Also bad experience. the banquet manager who I met was "JG". She is like forever in a rush. And I dont like the way she "look" at me. Like a kinda stare "saying, u wana sign anot, if dont want, dont waste my time' -. -
Omg!! Same sentiments!!!

princesssoda06

AGREED!!!!!!!! -.-' really dislike JC!! thus we requested to change of coordinator :( as a series of stupid stuff happened...my current coordinator is Jeremy!!

happened was during our visit to their wedding fair during Nov 2014, never signed up also(back then the sales stuff everything also cannot. -.-'') however after sometime during Jan 2015, Miss Euphie managed to extend extra perks and lower the deposit from 8K to 4K. And to be honest alot of hotels have especially when u have less than 30 tables on a Saturday night dinner. For e.g. Crown plaza, Grand Hyatt, Pan Pacific, Amara Scanatary Sentosa They are very unwilling to "close your business" because the demand of a Saturday dinner wedding is still relatively high.

kemise

I will be doing rom in church. The person we talk to like don't understand what we are asking when we enquire about the cocktail. Along the corridor as in the Centre?

My ballroom is roselle junior at level 4, i was wondering if everyone were to use the side that is nearing to the garden walk then does that mean all the guests have to wall thru the reception/cocktail of three weddings before reaching mine.

Did you sign up too?

i'm holding my wedding lunch at the same ballroom as you :)

jolby

AGREED!!!!!!!! -.-' really dislike JC!! thus we requested to change of coordinator :( as a series of stupid stuff happened...my current coordinator is Jeremy!!

happened was during our visit to their wedding fair during Nov 2014, never signed up also(back then the sales stuff everything also cannot. -.-'') however after sometime during Jan 2015, Miss Euphie managed to extend extra perks and lower the deposit from 8K to 4K. And to be honest alot of hotels have especially when u have less than 30 tables on a Saturday night dinner. For e.g. Crown plaza, Grand Hyatt, Pan Pacific, Amara Scanatary Sentosa They are very unwilling to "close your business" because the demand of a Saturday dinner wedding is still relatively high.
Hi bth, I was assign to JG too but she is ok leh.. Btw, did u manage to get any special perks? I Wan to get an extra helper rooms but not possible..

alac

Hi bth, I was assign to JG too but she is ok leh.. Btw, did u manage to get any special perks? I Wan to get an extra helper rooms but not possible..

Nope, as i mentioned earlier everything to her is cannot hence i didnt sign up with MBS and their food menu do not worth the price too. I got a very good deal with a 5 stars hotel instead. Anyway, good luck!

princesssoda06

Just had my dinner banquet on 30 April 2016, Saturday

I received so much compliments on the food and attentive service from all my guest including our bosses. I also had a mega top and worry about the serving of food part (turning cold and small portion) which none of my worries happened. In fact many tables commented that the food is served warm and big portion! Everything turned out so well so well for the night! We do not need any helpers or ourselves to bring stuff from bridal suite to convention side. Bellboy are always on our command. The walk from bridal suite and convention side is actually quite manageable. =x did some window shopping while making my way there! =)

About 1 pm MBS called us that both bridal suite and helper room are ready for check-in. We only managed to arrive at about 2plus, Tressa from the hotel side already waiting for us at the valet parking area with 2 bellboys standby.. after hubby's pass down the instruction which stuff is to our bridal suite and preparation room.. Tressa brought us to the bridal suite at level 54 straight without the hassle of checking in! We was really impressed and save so much time!! Tressa took about 10min to explain what we can enjoy from the premier service :) like checking our banquet bill via tv and many more! We was overwhelmed by their excellent service! at least 3 or 4 person greeted us Mr and Mrs Lim and congrats us while our way to the bridal suite! On top of that we was given complimentary valet parking throughout the stay and they was very kind to give us extra for 1 more ride as tat is for hub's ride tat his brother will be driving!

No words can describe how much we enjoyed our stay with MBS for that 3D2N. Delicious breakfast with a view at level 55. fresh flowers prepared in our room. never expect any overcrowding at their infinity pool despite their high occupancy and long weekend !! I am really thankful MBS made our wedding a enjoyable one! I actually spoke to some brides that had their wedding at MBS on facebook budget brides group. They have been really kind ensuring me that I will have no regrets holding my wedding there. :)

Attachments

• CL 3004.jpg
    CL 3004.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 90

I received so much compliments on the food and attentive service from all my guest including our bosses. I also had a mega top and worry about the serving of food part (turning cold and small portion) which none of my worries happened. In fact many tables commented that the food is served warm and big portion! Everything turned out so well so well for the night! We do not need any helpers or ourselves to bring stuff from bridal suite to convention side. Bellboy are always on our command. The walk from bridal suite and convention side is actually quite manageable. =x did some window shopping while making my way there! =)

About 1 pm MBS called us that both bridal suite and helper room are ready for check-in. We only managed to arrive at about 2plus, Tressa from the hotel side already waiting for us at the valet parking area with 2 bellboys standby.. after hubby's pass down the instruction which stuff is to our bridal suite and preparation room.. Tressa brought us to the bridal suite at level 54 straight without the hassle of checking in! We was really impressed and save so much time!! Tressa took about 10min to explain what we can enjoy from the premier service :) like checking our banquet bill via tv and many more! We was overwhelmed by their excellent service! at least 3 or 4 person greeted us Mr and Mrs Lim and congrats us while our way to the bridal suite! On top of that we was given complimentary valet parking throughout the stay and they was very kind to give us extra for 1 more ride as tat is for hub's ride tat his brother will be driving!

No words can describe how much we enjoyed our stay with MBS for that 3D2N. Delicious breakfast with a view at level 55. fresh flowers prepared in our room. never expect any overcrowding at their infinity pool despite their high occupancy and long weekend !! I am really thankful MBS made our wedding a enjoyable one! I actually spoke to some brides that had their wedding at MBS on facebook budget brides group. They have been really kind ensuring me that I will have no regrets holding my wedding there. :)

Hi there!!! Congrats, that's a very nice photo! Thanks for sharing such a detailed review. Just wondering which ballroom did you use? I am also planning to use a megatop, so for your march-in you just walk around the table and went up the side stairs? I'm glad to know that the service during the banquet did not disappoint.

pixelmento

Nope, as i mentioned earlier everything to her is cannot hence i didnt sign up with MBS and their food menu do not worth the price too. I got a very good deal with a 5 stars hotel instead. Anyway, good luck!

Hi! I'm a new btb and I'm considering MBS as well :) I've seen your posts and some of you have mentioned that other hotels are giving more perks than MBS. May I know which hotels are yall referring to, and what kind of additional perks are they throwing in?

We are on quite a tight timeline as MBS is giving us about a week's time to consider and sign the 988++ package. Otherwise the prices per table will increase..

Thanks for all your help!!

Belleling

Hi! I'm a new btb and I'm considering MBS as well :) I've seen your posts and some of you have mentioned that other hotels are giving more perks than MBS. May I know which hotels are yall referring to, and what kind of additional perks are they throwing in?

We are on quite a tight timeline as MBS is giving us about a week's time to consider and sign the 988++ package. Otherwise the prices per table will increase..

Thanks for all your help!!

Hihi able to advise if there is any wedding show from them?

mellyousoon

I'm considering MBS too as they allow min guarantee 20 tables and their ballrooms are flexible in sizing. Love the outdoor cocktail Recep area at level 4 too.. But heard about mixed reviews about the food.. :( any advice? our male coordinator is not that efficient in replies too...

JoleneEngg

Hi!

May i know if anyone when for ytdd's wedding show at Mbs? Mind to share with me what perks do they offer? As i didnt manage to go due to work ):

thyy

Same here. Couldnt make it on saturday. Could someone share what is their perk offering on event day? thanks.

hazeltanqh

Hi princessoda06,

Who did you look for as ur coordinator. I am interested in book mbs too. I am just wondering, for mbs, are the dishes fixed?

Thanks.
Same here. Couldnt make it on saturday. Could someone share what is their perk offering on event day? thanks.

xqyan

Hi all BTB,

I just hold my wedding lunch at MBS on 1 Oct 2016, total tables was 36 tables, orchid room, level 4. My wedding coordinator is Aih Kim. Everything went on very smoothly that day and all my guest commented that the food is very good and portion is huge!

I have no regrets choosing my wedding at Marina Bay Sands and we are really thankful we got aih kim as our coordinator.

hazeltanqh

Hi all BTB,

I just hold my wedding lunch at MBS on 1 Oct 2016, total tables was 36 tables, orchid room, level 4. My wedding coordinator is Aih Kim. Everything went on very smoothly that day and all my guest commented that the food is very good and portion is huge!

I have no regrets choosing my wedding at Marina Bay Sands and we are really thankful we got aih kim as our coordinator.

Hi,

Which menu u took? Did u change any of the dishes ?

Thanks

xqyan

Hi,

Which menu u took? Did u change any of the dishes ?

Thanks

Hello! I took Menu B (because of the suckling pig for first dish) and I changed the second dish to Menu A soup - braised lobster with crab roe in seafood broth.

99% of my guest love the fish and compliment on it freshness. In fact most of my guests commented that food portion is huge (able to cater up to 12pax) and taste pretty good!

hazeltanqh

Hello! I took Menu B (because of the suckling pig for first dish) and I changed the second dish to Menu A soup - braised lobster with crab roe in seafood broth.

99% of my guest love the fish and compliment on it freshness. In fact most of my guests commented that food portion is huge (able to cater up to 12pax) and taste pretty good!

Hi dear,

Good to hear that. i was thinking also should i change the soup. what makes you change it to lobster soup instead? :)
Can i check did you have any special instruction to tell mbs? what important/special instructions do i have to inform the mbs staff and banquet manager?

Thanks

cindychann

Hi all, for those we did lunch, isit very rushing? I'm thinking of doing either a lunch or dinner cause lunch may be rushing. Can anyone share their morning schedule for those who did lunch.

Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone!

Any new MBS experiences in 2017 to share?

Saw that xqyan had a good experience with aih kim, anyone have her email contact to share? Or should I write to the general email and ask for her?

If anyone has any coordinator to recommend, please share too!

cubbyhui

Hi,

I heard that Jeremy is no longer working in mbs ? Anyone has work with bee bee before? How is she?
Thanks.
Also do anyone have experience working with florist peony studio?
Thanks

elfgal

Hi I m also considering MBS. Has anyone worked with Ken before? I heard they having a showcase on 24 November.