Marina Bay Sands (MBS)

SiuzZZzz

may i ask if anyone went with sing see soon florist before?

also, may i know if there is any discrepancies in the quality of food between food tasting and the actual day food?

Thank you very much! :)

I got compliments from my guests on the actual day food, which was out of my expectation as there were 8 weddings going on the same day!

Hi ladies! I'm interested to sign up with MBS for my wedding in Q2 2017. I realised they stopped offering 10% off total banquet bill as a perk. Has anyone recently signed with MBS? What was the perks offered?

Thanks in advance! :)

ttytwe

I just had my wedding last Saturday at MBS. Our coordinator Joo Geek was very nice and helpful and always response promptly to our request. The food was nice and I got alot of compliments from my guests. The banquet manager was helpful as well. We chose June florist for our ballroom decor and it turned out really nice. I would definitely recommend MBS as it is a perfect wedding venue!

Hi, care to share your package with me? Is it true that the distance to the ballroom is really far? And does your guests complain about the walking distance?
[email protected]

SiuzZZzz

Hi, care to share your package with me? Is it true that the distance to the ballroom is really far? And does your guests complain about the walking distance?
[email protected]
Nope, I actually pay for the buggy service, you can consider that too if you worried about the walking distance. But i think the walking distance is fine for me.

TTL45

I just had my wedding last Saturday at MBS. Our coordinator Joo Geek was very nice and helpful and always response promptly to our request. The food was nice and I got alot of compliments from my guests. The banquet manager was helpful as well. We chose June florist for our ballroom decor and it turned out really nice. I would definitely recommend MBS as it is a perfect wedding venue!

Hi SiuzZZzz, was your hotel suite a far walk from the banquet ballroom? Did they provide a changing room nearer the ballroom?

SiuzZZzz

Hi SiuzZZzz, was your hotel suite a far walk from the banquet ballroom? Did they provide a changing room nearer the ballroom?
Yeah, its quite a distance 10-15 mins but they do provide transfer service to transfer your stuff from hotel to ballroom and ballroom back to hotel. Yes, the changing room is just right opposite the ballroom.

ruachgall

Ckmj: m thinking of a lunch there too.. but m concerned that it will b very crowded especially on weekends should there be an event

Ckmj

Ckmj: m thinking of a lunch there too.. but m concerned that it will b very crowded especially on weekends should there be an event

Same here. But i guess that's the disadvantages of many ballrooms at one go. And I think must hurry book your dates in case there's any company event or convection and you can't get the ballroom you want.

ruachgall

Same here. But i guess that's the disadvantages of many ballrooms at one go. And I think must hurry book your dates in case there's any company event or convection and you can't get the ballroom you want.
Ya... n there may be no conventions upon you booking.. you will not know whether there will be in time to come...

Ckmj

Ya... n there may be no conventions upon you booking.. you will not know whether there will be in time to come...

Are you going to look for alternatives? Mbs also can't give extra perks like what other hotels can see to accounting reasons.

ruachgall

Are you going to look for alternatives? Mbs also can't give extra perks like what other hotels can see to accounting reasons.
they are having a wedding show this weekend... offering some extra perks... n yes, i do have other alternatives... yourself?

Ckmj

they are having a wedding show this weekend... offering some extra perks... n yes, i do have other alternatives... yourself?

Yeah I'm also looking into alternatives. Mbs extra perks is not as good as other hotels haha. But i will be going down this sat too.

minime19

this time's perks looks rly good. ImageUploadedByForum1458487532.600509.jpg
I actually tot I nego-Ed for a good deal last year(exchanged my door gifts for 2nd night stay), but this round of roadshows the price is even lower and perks are even better!!!

so angry rahhhh.

minime19

my coordinator say for this weekend's deal, 1288++ is only Sunday. is tt true? so wat price is sat?

and she say the two free tables only for 32 tables and above..

Ckmj

Sat is from 1388++ onwards. Their perks this year are more strict that last year. Hard to nego for many things and sales person on that day is really no power one. Have to wait for managers to contact you for finalization

Ckmj

Yup 2 free tables only if u confirm 32 tables and above. 1 free table only if confirm 21 to 31 tables. And only apply to dinner packages

Ckmj

Hi Siu, was there any lighting effects for your march in?

Yeah I did. But i didn't get the ballroom.I want :( and also afraid of having too many weddings at one go and worried about how would the cocktail be.

I see... I heard you can either have the cocktail reception along the corridor (which it will be cordoned off) or within the ballroom itself. Which ballroom did you get? Did you opt for the garden solemnisation?

Ckmj

I see... I heard you can either have the cocktail reception along the corridor (which it will be cordoned off) or within the ballroom itself. Which ballroom did you get? Did you opt for the garden solemnisation?

I will be doing rom in church. The person we talk to like don't understand what we are asking when we enquire about the cocktail. Along the corridor as in the Centre?

My ballroom is roselle junior at level 4, i was wondering if everyone were to use the side that is nearing to the garden walk then does that mean all the guests have to wall thru the reception/cocktail of three weddings before reaching mine.

Did you sign up too?

Ckmj

Oh right, u did say u sign up for lunch. Mine is dinner. Which ballroom are you using?

I will be doing rom in church. The person we talk to like don't understand what we are asking when we enquire about the cocktail. Along the corridor as in the Centre?

My ballroom is roselle junior at level 4, i was wondering if everyone were to use the side that is nearing to the garden walk then does that mean all the guests have to wall thru the reception/cocktail of three weddings before reaching mine.

Did you sign up too?

Yes, along the corridor meaning all guests attending other wedding will walk pass your cocktail reception. ImageUploadedByForum1458635620.183508.jpg

This was a picture taken during my previous site visit before the MBS wedding show. If u look to the left, the cocktail reception is there. And there are queue poles to cordon off the area. Alternatively, i heard from the coordinator that the cocktail recept can be inside the ballroom (if spacious enough). The ballroom in the picture is Melati which is the first ballroom on the left. Hope this helps :)

Ckmj

Yes, along the corridor meaning all guests attending other wedding will walk pass your cocktail reception. View attachment 29414

This was a picture taken during my previous site visit before the MBS wedding show. If u look to the left, the cocktail reception is there. And there are queue poles to cordon off the area. Alternatively, i heard from the coordinator that the cocktail recept can be inside the ballroom (if spacious enough). The ballroom in the picture is Melati which is the first ballroom on the left. Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much!! :D
You took the peony main ballroom or the junior? On the right side are all the junior rooms. I will be taking those. To the right of the junior ballrooms, there still space, so I think I will be using those space as reception and cocktail.

Thanks so much!! :D
You took the peony main ballroom or the junior? On the right side are all the junior rooms. I will be taking those. To the right of the junior ballrooms, there still space, so I think I will be using those space as reception and cocktail.

I'm taking peony junior, which is on the right side. ^^

ImageUploadedByForum1458651031.727123.jpg

This is the cocktail reception area.

ImageUploadedByForum1458651075.525067.jpg

Outdoor solemnisation area

ttytwe

Cannot nego at all. the manager only know how to reply cannot. everything also cannot. Asked her why she kept on saying cannot where she has not even try to ask from her superior, her replied was no need to ask as for sure cannot. Was trying to ask for 2nights stay in bridal suit instead of 1, cannot. free flow of beer, cannot. helper room, cannot provide. will the food turn out nice as since MBS can hold up to 10 couples wedding banquets per night? Cannot guarantee,no comment, depends on the chef, not her to advise, different ppl diff taste buds, depnds on ur guests. Super turned off by her attitude. Btw, my feedback from some of my frens that attended MBS banquet before said the food so so only and the dishes not those very class type. More like restaurant and food not hot. Projector needs to pay $200 and is very small one.
For that kind of price for a sat night, can try 5 star hotels lah, like just top up $100 or on par. And the dishes are more attractive and higher grade. 4 stars also can consider, like M hotel. I know orchard hotel perks are very attractive and price is decent. Extra $108++ per table discount somemore. Free flow beer. 2nights stay, 1 night stay for helper room too. I didnt take orchard hotel as for my wedding date already fully booked.

Ckmj

Cannot nego at all. the manager only know how to reply cannot. everything also cannot. Asked her why she kept on saying cannot where she has not even try to ask from her superior, her replied was no need to ask as for sure cannot. Was trying to ask for 2nights stay in bridal suit instead of 1, cannot. free flow of beer, cannot. helper room, cannot provide. will the food turn out nice as since MBS can hold up to 10 couples wedding banquets per night? Cannot guarantee,no comment, depends on the chef, not her to advise, different ppl diff taste buds, depnds on ur guests. Super turned off by her attitude. Btw, my feedback from some of my frens that attended MBS banquet before said the food so so only and the dishes not those very class type. More like restaurant and food not hot. Projector needs to pay $200 and is very small one.
For that kind of price for a sat night, can try 5 star hotels lah, like just top up $100 or on par. And the dishes are more attractive and higher grade. 4 stars also can consider, like M hotel. I know orchard hotel perks are very attractive and price is decent. Extra $108++ per table discount somemore. Free flow beer. 2nights stay, 1 night stay for helper room too. I didnt take orchard hotel as for my wedding date already fully booked.

hi, ttytwe! are you looking at lunch or dinner? if dinner, there will be free flow beer and there will be two nights stay in bridal suite. projector should be able to nego for a second one for free. you need to discuss with the person that will contact you for finalisation (if you have signed), otherwise, i think just email in because the email goes direct to the managers who can make decisions.

bibi8989

Hi Ckmj, they give you 2 night stay in bridal suite? cos what i saw in the package is only 1 night, & 2 night stay is only for people who signed during the wedding showcase during 19th march. I was thinking dunno they can give us one more extra night

Ckmj

Hi Ckmj, they give you 2 night stay in bridal suite? cos what i saw in the package is only 1 night, & 2 night stay is only for people who signed during the wedding showcase during 19th march. I was thinking dunno they can give us one more extra night

I think you can try asking for it. Cause only a few days after the show. I signed during the show.

bibi8989

I think you can try asking for it. Cause only a few days after the show. I signed during the show.
I see, I did went to the show that day, but didn't confirm the package. I'll try meeting up with the banquet manager again, hopefully they can give us extra night. :)