Mandarin Oriental vs Pan Pac Orchard vs Grand Copthorne Waterfront?

25jan2014

Hello everyone!
My fiance and I plan to get married in Jan 2014. We have shortlisted 3 hotels for our lunch banquet for about 12 tables:
Mandarin Oriental
Pan Pac Orchard
Grand Copthorne Waterfront

I can't decide which one to choose (although my fiance is more inclined towards Pan Pac due to the affordable package). Originally when I started looking around, my main criterias were good food, good service and high ceiling ballroom/function room. Unfortunately, the 3 shortlisted places have their own strengths and weaknesses:

Mandarin Oriental - I read online that it has good food and good service. But its Garden Suite is L-shaped, low ceiling and the kitchen prep area is inside the same function room (so pple can see waiters/waitresses moving in and out).

Pan Pac Orchard - didn't read any reviews about its food and service so far.

Grand Copthorne - very nice ballroom out of all 3. But not sure if it has good food and good service.

Can any kind souls who have dined at Pan Pac Orchard and Grand Copthorne share with me how is their food quality and service recently, especially for wedding banquets?And any other experience about these 3 hotels you can share with me as well?

Thank you so much!

Warmest regards
Grateful bride-to-be =)

piginaction

Been to grand waterfront.. Food is so so. Service also so so. But they have a very nice stage and backdrop (aft curtains unveil) which I think make it a very popular choice. However location wise, really inconvenient as compared to pan pac or oriental.

Peggy108

my sister's wedding lunch was at mandarin oriental and the food there is the best chinese banquet i ever had. alot of our friends and families also feedback that the food is really good. service is another plus point! the waitress saw us crying and passed us tissue lol :p

ElizaT

my sister's wedding lunch was at mandarin oriental and the food there is the best chinese banquet i ever had. alot of our friends and families also feedback that the food is really good. service is another plus point! the waitress saw us crying and passed us tissue lol :p

Hi Peggy may i enquire where else have u tried the food from? am also considering mandarin oriental.. :)