Low carb diet / Atkins

minipork

i tried eating no carbs for 2 weeks. Very effective and lost ard 5kg . BUT the moment you start eating carbs, it will increase your weight rapidly.
Not a good idea :(

rinee

I had been on a non strict Low carb moderate fat and protein diet for nine months. I probably lose about 9-10 kg within the first six months. From that onwards, I am maintaining the weight which I really don mind.

minipork

I had been on a non strict Low carb moderate fat and protein diet for nine months. I probably lose about 9-10 kg within the first six months. From that onwards, I am maintaining the weight which I really don mind.
Wow 6mths is a very long commitment. How did u manage to do it ?

rinee

@minipork

Hmm it's really not that difficult. Like I say , I do not really follow strictly. My weekends are like my cheat days. .

For weekdays, I packed home cooked lunch (vegetables And meat) to work. I had brown rice and other dishes for dinner.

Tried not to have sugar and only use butter, olive oil or lard for cooking. Flavour food using spices and herbs.

My weight loss kinda stop once I am at an optimal weight.

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
going on a diet (ie cut down on food intake) is actually a bad idea for losing weight. What you want is a balanced diet where you will have sufficient intake of nutrients that is required by the body. Carbs in glucose form is very important for your brain, cholesterol is essential as it forms a part of your cell membrane. If you really want to lose weight, my suggestion is to start with cardio workouts (i know, its a torture. but its a necessary evil :) and get your body ramp up to be an efficient burning machine. (you see, your body doesn't know if you are eating chocolate or meat or vegetables. it only knows that you are eating some form of 'fuel' for it to burn)

Finally, for the ladies. Please do more weight bearing exercises (simple task like lifting) Note that you don't have to carry heavy weight to qualify as weight bearing. This is good for the bones especially for ladies who are prone to osteoporosis. And don't worry about the myth of building muscles. Ladies have lower level of testosterone, hence your chances of bulking up like a drumstick is far far far lower. As the matter of fact, you will have a more toned body.

Hope the above helps :)

rinee

Hmm I still think that you can't out exercise a bad diet.

And your body probably know what food you are eating. If it is chocolate filled with sugars, meat that are lean hence proteins or vegetables/fruits which are full of carbs. The body will react differently.

But of course, I agree that exercise is also very important!

qwertypie

I've been on a low carb high fats diet for about 2 months now. I did low carb low fat high protein in the past and lost weight quite fast. Gained back pretty fast too lol. Not sure why this time it takes a longer time but I feel so much better as the fats kept me full the entire day. And I feel more energetic somehow! I do workout every other day too to tone up too! So far lost 1.5 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my thighs. Not gonna weigh myself because weight isn't accurate at all.