July 2016 Brides

xuannx

I'm doing luncheon at four seasons! how about you? I'm kind of worried that it will be really rushed. I wanted to do dinner but many places are already booked.

xuannx

I'm having my lunch at Concorde. Can share our time schedule as date get nearer. Might be starting makeup at 5am
I might be doing makeup at around that time too and I'm planning to do my tea ceremony for relatives after the luncheon.

alishaheng

I might be doing makeup at around that time too and I'm planning to do my tea ceremony for relatives after the luncheon.

Yup thinking of that too. If not will do it before lunch at hotel. After banquet will need incur extra costs for video and PG plus change makeup for the kua

xuannx

Yup thinking of that too. If not will do it before lunch at hotel. After banquet will need incur extra costs for video and PG plus change makeup for the kua
Oh I won't be wearing kua for the tea ceremony so I don't have to change my makeup. The PG extra charges aren't too expensive if I'm not wrong. It should just be an additional hour charge.

I don't think I have time before the luncheon to do tea ceremony cos I want to do my makeup all over again. Touching up isn't very ideal as the makeup would be on our face since 6am. It won't be as nice.

alishaheng

Oh I won't be wearing kua for the tea ceremony so I don't have to change my makeup. The PG extra charges aren't too expensive if I'm not wrong. It should just be an additional hour charge.

I don't think I have time before the luncheon to do tea ceremony cos I want to do my makeup all over again. Touching up isn't very ideal as the makeup would be on our face since 6am. It won't be as nice.

Yup will be doing the makeup all over also.

yuuyuu

Hi Ladies, 2nd July BTB here as well.

Need advice, I have 2 muslims in my 6 ladies bridesmaid troop and it's the fasting month. Changed to dinner as requested and turns out one of them still need to prep the breaking-fast for her family as a wife and mother at home before coming down for my dinner. Any thoughts if I should exclude her from the troop? I really don't want to force it on her too, and she's really close to me so I don't want her to feel trapped. Another bridesmaid (non-muslim) is getting married this month and she announced that she'll try for babies soon, small case though with the matching outfits just need to incorporate the happy belly.

Somehow the choosing of bridesmaids limiting girlfriends who are married or have children suddenly seems to make sense now. But hell, I'm not going to just choose any single friends to replace them :(

yenniefied

Oh dear! I'm the only 3rd July Dinner! Hello ladies! Anyone booked anything yet? I'm like way way way behind schedule, just booked banquet. Just contemplating on bridal studio package or ala carte. Anyone recommendation? I'm a minimalist! Anything that is not orhbiang is fine.. :) bridal studio package? Yay or nay?

superdiana

Hi Yenniefied,

I think it depends on what you want and your budget. Bridal studio package or ala carte each has their own pros and cons. Bridal studio package is more fuss-free since they provide you pre-wed shoots, makeup artists, gowns, bouquet etc. But you will probably have limited choices in your gowns as well as the photographer and MUA.

For ala carte, you have a say in choosing which photographer you want (there's tons of very talented photographers out there!) and also the MUA. You can also find those gown shops that provide only rental of gowns/MTM also available without any of the other services. This way, you can mix and match and get the best of what you want. Of course, these come with a price tag and more time spent in planning and choosing from the vast options available.

For me, I did a semi-ala carte. I took up a bridal package which gives me my gowns, my HTB MTM suit plus MUA plus dad's blazar (basically most of the outfits required etc) but without photography. And then I sourced for my own photographer, videographer and florist. Main reason is that me and my HTB didn't want the usual wedding album and prefer something more personalised.

So, perhaps you can decide your budget, how much commitment (ie. time) you can give if going for ala carte and how much compromise you can accept on your selection of gowns or the photographs or the MUA, etc..

Hope this helps! Cheers~

kemise

Hi Yenniefied,

I think it depends on what you want and your budget. Bridal studio package or ala carte each has their own pros and cons. Bridal studio package is more fuss-free since they provide you pre-wed shoots, makeup artists, gowns, bouquet etc. But you will probably have limited choices in your gowns as well as the photographer and MUA.

For ala carte, you have a say in choosing which photographer you want (there's tons of very talented photographers out there!) and also the MUA. You can also find those gown shops that provide only rental of gowns/MTM also available without any of the other services. This way, you can mix and match and get the best of what you want. Of course, these come with a price tag and more time spent in planning and choosing from the vast options available.

For me, I did a semi-ala carte. I took up a bridal package which gives me my gowns, my HTB MTM suit plus MUA plus dad's blazar (basically most of the outfits required etc) but without photography. And then I sourced for my own photographer, videographer and florist. Main reason is that me and my HTB didn't want the usual wedding album and prefer something more personalised.

So, perhaps you can decide your budget, how much commitment (ie. time) you can give if going for ala carte and how much compromise you can accept on your selection of gowns or the photographs or the MUA, etc..

Hope this helps! Cheers~

similar situation to yours :) semi ala-carte , but i'm a june BTB :)

yenniefied

You ladies are amazing!!! I just met a photographer and it seems like I'm heading towards semi ala carte as well! Looking at Alisha and Lace gowns! How about you ladies?

emilyliao

I took the Bridal Package from one of the JB bridal. Just a simple one that includes pre wedding shoots , 3 wedding gown for AD. If I engage their MUA and PG they will have to get their transport to SG. I don't wish to have any hiccups on the day (eg custom jam). So sourcing around for local MUA