JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

piggeekgirl

huisi: Congratulations babe! And it's good to hear that Dr. Phua is such a great JP.
happy.gif

misspiggy81

I have good news! Dr Phua call to say he's able to be my solemnizer as the couple that contacted him first found another solemnizer... Yippe! He sounds really friendly and kind!

smile_lynn

Hi,

Can any1 share wf me how much Angpao we need to gift to the solemniser? As we asked Dr Phua, he said anything woo...

kunniqinwa

Hmm, email Dr Phua asking him is there anything else that i need to look into for the solemnization but no reply fr weeks.. Ha!

Anyway, i have done the e-filing.. is there anything else i need to confirm with Dr Phua? Afraid i miss out anything...

shuqin

Hi everyone,

Was wondering how many months in advance should you approach Dr Phua? Our wedding is actually 10 mths away but we were wondering if we should approach him earlier as our date is 1/1/2011, so bit worried they'll be quite a number of couples getting married on that date too.

Thanks!

misspiggy81

Hi Shuqin, why don't you just approach him? I think he'll be glad to help. He's really nice and friendly. I thought I will am too early when I booked 8 mths before my date but in the end I almost couldnt get Dr Phua as he was engaged!
happy.gif
Better to be safe than sorry.

piggeekgirl

Kris CHL: Hi dearie, I think the amount of money to give for the ang bao is up to your own preference. Have heard a wide range between 48 bucks to 108 bucks? So up to you how much you think is enough to cover his travelling cost.
happy.gif

kunniqinwa: Hey! Since you already done the e-filing, I don't think there is anything else you need to confirm with Dr Phua. Most likely just need to remind him of the date, time and place again when the date is nearing?
happy.gif
Maybe there are other BTBs who can help here~

Shuqin: Hi dear! I think no harm asking Dr Phua too! He's really nice and all. If he thinks it's too early I think he will tell you 'bout it.
happy.gif

smile_lynn

Hi

Kat >> tx for the info.

Shuqin >> My AD is on 13 Nov 2010. I've in touch wf Dr Phua and confirmed him as my solemniser
happy.gif
happy.gif

lovesher

@ Shuqin> Congrates to u.. we both r jan 2011 BTBs. =)

My AD is also in jan 2011 and I just confirm him as my solemnizer too. So its alright to approach Dr Phua now.

shuqin

thanks everyone! We've just emailed dr phua so hopefully he'll accept our invitation *fingers crossed*

karenz_61

Hi Shuqin or anyone out there,

Can I have Dr Phua's contact no and email add?I wan to invite him to be my soleminzer...thanks

vershawn

hi everyone, i've managed to get Dr Phua as my JP on my AD, 25th Sept 2010. I'm so happy. He's so friendly and helpful even through email. I just wanna say thank you for the information placed in this thread. Now i'm looking forward to meet up with him...=)

knd

i contact Dr Phua and he's available to solemnise my wedding for me. He told me to email him details like name, contact, address, venue and time of my solemnisation. Anyone know what happens after that? are we suppose to do anything?

antzc

Hi,

Can i check why i couldn't find Dr. Phua's contact in the list of solemnisers provided in the ROM website? Any idea?

asprah

Just scroll up and you will see his contact. My HTB called him last week to invite him. He said Dr Phua sounded like a jolly old man. I look forward to seeing him. ^^

asprah

I guess it's better to have a venue before contacting him?
on a side note, since Dr Phua doesn't own a HP, how do we contact him on the day itself, in case something happens and the ceremony needs to be delayed (touch wood)?

eeyorex

asprah: Dr Phua wont be meeting prior to the solemnization.. he will just send the consent form to you.. after that you just need to efile and will see him on the actual day =) for my ROM, Dr Phua arrived 1 hr early.. made me feel so nervous.. but dont worry.. he is a nice guy...

diana: yes I agree.. I had Dr Phua for my ROM as well...

antz: I think its better to decide the venue first...

asprah

Thanks, I know we won't have a pre-solemnisation meeting (asked Dr Phua already). Was actually referring to the day itself, what if there's delay on my side and couldn't reach him.
happy.gif

moonsafarian

Have u tried searching for him on the Internet? I'm sure u can find his contact details.

It was a breeze looking for solemisers & he was the right choice for my HTB & I.

w3ngal

could anyone kindly advise me Dr Phua's number? after seeing the reviews here, i hope to engage him for ROM cause he seems humourous, making the session more lively. thanks!

[email protected]

w3ngal

is this dr phua's updated number?
Dr Phua Tan Tee
62130705 (Office)
67531028 (Home)

i see comments that he is more natural in mandarin. i am keen to hold ours in mandarin. but the reading of the vows part, will he read out once and my hubby follow or my hubby has to read out from the passage itself? cause my htb unable to read alot of chinese words haha...

eeyorex

w3n: for my rom, he conduct everything in mandarin.. but when we are reading our vows, we read out in english.. actually you can prepare ur own vows.. if not, Dr. Phua will prepare the standard vows in English and Mandarin.. you and ur hubby will have to read the vows yourselves

antzc

huisi,

Did you use the std vows from Dr Phua? Do we need to memorise the vows and read out or he will read and we follow?

Thanks.