J&C Bridal Collections

wenn

Thanks mashi & kelpy
happy.gif

I will take care.

kelpy,
glad that ur wife is happy with the package. are her gowns all MTM or new OTR etc?

Ya ya, parents are hard to please... my dad oso, got lots of comments. my FIL said that he will make the suit for hubby. in the end, FIL couldn't make it to SG b4 PS & i have to go make a suit for hubby with less than 2 weeks to spare...
lame.gif

kelpy

our package very flexible courtesy of jennifer... either WG or EG can be MTM. So see what wifey like lor...

we bargained for suits for fathers now seem like no need so hope they can allow us to make it suits for brothers though contract have been signed...

questy

Hi wenn, mashi, doreen and irene,
long time no see! he..! pai seh nv contribute much cos really busy loh. I hvn decide when to tk my PS yet, they also nv call me, so i just relax now, he...! mayb wait for a while and i'll hv more choices for gowns? he...! hi wenn, do take care k.

halo to kelpy too, so u r the hubby? cos u kept on saying u please ur wify, he...! u booked a flat in the latest WIS in Jurong West? I can understand the cash pblm, esp for the reno, so many unexpected payment, i'was so damm broke after the reno, he...!

kelpy

yeah me the hubby... feel quite wierd being the guy among the gals...
happy.gif

no my WIS was the previous one, got a flat in Kim Tian.
Agree abt reno, that's why we postpone till next year then do reno... must buff up the financials first...

friends78

Hi Wenn

Don't worry.. me also got hyperthyrodism. Very common illness among ladies. Found out 6 mths ago. That time was bad, my heartbeat very fast and I have to take 9 tablets, 3 times a day! That's explain why I'm so thin at that time. Then I got bad rashes due to allegic to carbimozle. Then got to switch to PTU. Got side effect like fainting, muscle cramp, weakness etc. Imagine that I was peparing for wedding at that time! Just have enough rest, take med regularly, u will be fine. Remember to avoid seafood and seaweeds.

Hi Kelpy
So sweet of u to join in the forum. My hubby almost left everything to me. I planned/prepared like mad mah! Ha! Ha!

Hi Questy,
u got to call them regularly to check when your PS. Good to take early so u won't rush!

Mashi
So many places u went. I bet u must be very sad to come back to S'pore. I luv London & Paris... So romantic.....

sklek

i'm back! Yesterday's gown choosing is fun
happy.gif
I tried on about 8 gowns with different cuts to see which fits me better. Happy to feedback I've found a piece both my hubby and I like
biggrin.gif
Next month then choose my EG

Wenn, cyn also ask u to take things easy and take care. Think she has slim down lor, maybe more brides signing up so more busy. She was busy preparing some new promo when I was there.

I can't take any pics of the gown I chose coz cyn says only when i've confirm with that piece then can take.
lame.gif

Hubby also tried a couple of suits and he looks so different! One of the suits with mandrain collar made him look like a pastor
lol.gif
I juz burst out giggling. But the rest were nice, made him look rather suave...heee...

Also set a tentative PS date on 21 May.

sklek

Kelpy, don't need to feel weird. I agree with what Doreen say. We're all here to share share pointers to prepare our big day, so every opinion counts! we prepared our wedding early too, coz our rom was in may 03. Got pros and cons lah, Good is to have time to save up and less chances of making hasty decisions. But the con side is playing the waiting game can be boring and less motivating.

kelpy

Thanks babes.
happy.gif

Oh yah, how flexible is cyn huh?
Because originally, we bargained to include suits for dads. but now, both dads say no need. I'm wondering if i can get it changed to another suit for me or something...
and, guess wat, that day so kan chiong, forgot to ask for ribbons for other cars...

sklek

cyn is pretty flexible, but i guess it depends on the items u wish to bargain also. If u're exchanging between items that are comparable in her costing, she's ok. Men's suit should be ok as long as the sizes fits. Your pkg should include car deco rite? If so, extra ribbons for cars can be included.

kelpy

glad to hear that. yeah my package includes the car deco...
happy.gif

because heard that some places as long as not in contract they dun provide.
but guess J&C not one of those mean ones...
happy.gif

wenn

hi kelpy,
my ps photographer is Eric. the other Eric is owner of Attitude Photography. His style is avant-garde. Also, he chooses his clients as they have to look good lor
wink.gif

yah, i think cyn will let u change to an extra suit. no harm asking her. u r entitled to ribbons for 2 follow cars.

sklek

oh i know what u mean. I've heard from some friends too, everything must state black and white in the contract. Scary...how to remember everthing what is needed for a wedding?
crazy.gif

from my encounter so far, j&c pple focus more on the actual gowns design and photos. Items like bouquet for ps/actual day, accessories, cosages and father suits can be arrange as part of ur package foc.

wenn

hi doreen,
I just came back from the doctor. looks like after 2 weeks of PTU, i feel better. my hands & legs dun tremor as much. also, my swollen neck is not as hard as b4. so, i'm to continue the PTU for another 3 to 4 months.

wow, ur dosage is quite high. mine is only 2 tablets 3 times a day :eek:

how are u? better now? did u go for blood test?

wenn

hi irene,
glad that u found ur ideal gown
happy.gif

so happy for u!

yah, i have to rest more & not think so much
lame.gif
wow, cyn really lost weight ah? during my wedding preps, she was always about that size.

sklek

hey wenn, u're online!
happy.gif
ya, me so happy to find something i like too.

btw, my pkg is new otr. Juz to clarify, it means i am still getting a newly made gown but design is based on the one i chose otr rite?

wenn

yah, i'm online...

mine oso new OTR. my WG was the gown i chose. can see that it is new as no beading or emboidery done. is the gown u chose a new 1?
happy.gif

kelpy

hmmm so otr means straight off the rack
new otr means a replica of the one on the rack
and mtm is one designed to your satisfaction
did i get it right?
wah someone should come up with a BS dictionary man... <head big>

sklek

eh? the one i tried got crystals and lacing done already. Think cyn says it's used for her show.

kelpy, ur defn is to what i understand too
happy.gif
I learnt all these terms here too.

kelpy

so irene where's the banquet to be held?

I'm torn between
Holiday inn park view
Concorde
Carlton

Probably throw these 3 to parents and let them decide...

wenn

kelpy,
during my wedding preps, J&amp;C's definition was new gowns with just the shell. the other definition was the new gowns used during their fashion show &amp; no other bride has worn it b4 for her big day
happy.gif

irene,
ic... then should be the bridal show last april. mashi chose one of the gowns in the bridal show too!

duffybuff

sigh..i thk i better settle with my ROM 1st..it's on 9 mar as for the bridal, thk will visit j&amp;c after that..since my AD is in jan.how much time do i need for the preparation e.g. PS, etc..at least i've settled my banquet redi so the rest can slowly take my time, i think.
happy.gif

wenn

hi duffy,
ic ic... J&amp;C told me that 6 months is enough but due to too many customers, the PS album might be delayed lor
sad.gif

so, where's ur banquet venue?
happy.gif

kelpy

duffy y not visit J&amp;C first. They having promo now maybe can squeeze in a rom pack for you.

they told me PS 3 mth b4 AD

duffybuff

my banquet at conrad, jus signed the contract last wk.

initially thot that AD will be 2 yrs later but who knows, my hubby wants it earlier..so didn't look for bridal earlier that's y bought my ROM dress from celia loe long ago redi.

sklek

wenn, the gown i reserved did looked pretty new. If that's the case they will do their alteration based on that same gown?

kelpy, i'm holding my banquet at paramount tunglok restaurant, not at hotel. I like the food and ambience though it isn't as grand as a hotel ballroom.

duffybuff, since ur ROM coming soon and u have found ur dress for that day, I think it's ok to wait till after that then pay j&amp;c a visit.

wenn

duffybuff,
ic ic... heard that conrad is good
happy.gif

irene,
icic.... the other way to see if a gown is old, is to look at the cloth (eg, some satin will fray out), look at the seams (eg, see if there is any unpicking done previously). i suppose that the alteration would be done on the gown u chose. when's ur PS?

friends78

Wow... so much posting within a day! Irene, so glad that u manage to find the growns u like.

So u all can start to look at places for your phototaking... My hubby also tried a lot of suits for phototaking... But in the end, he mtm a suit to make himself more perfect..... never mind lah.. since i spend so much on photos and bridal shop always 'focus' on bride... Me let him also be the star for AD!

My photographer is also Eric (same as Wenn). Very good one! Make my phototaking day so fun and stress free! Anyway J&amp;C has really provide a very good service and a great help for my wedding. I need not worry about things not written in the receipt, hidden cost, extra charges, everything r neg... U know, preparing for wedding is already very stressful and imagine u have additional stress if u got to deal with a bridal shop that is not helpful. Luckily, I chose the right one! I have four cars following on my AD and they do provide ribbons for the four cars without charges.

Hi Wenn...
Yah lor. Mine is a serious case... lucky within six month, my thyroid level r normal now. Rest and sleep very important..... concentrate to get well... I'm sure u will be okie like me! Take care!

mashi79

hi gers,

I agree with wat Doreen said about Eric... My PS photos were also taken by him... I really enjoyed my PS day alot...quite missed it...

Cyn showed me some of her new designs WG... they looked good... Quite different from last year....

wenn

hi doreen,
so are u cured? are u still taking PTU? lately, i sleep quite late around 12mn &amp; wake up at 6am... still feel tired throughout the day...

aiyo, yesterday, i got so many PTU tablets &amp; the doctor still owes me 5 tablets. they said that they will call me down to collect again.... so leh cheh...
crazy.gif

sklek

ya, have been thinking where to go for PS. I like nature shots, so probably have std places like gardens and beaches. Wanted to include nite shots initially, but now likely to drop the idea.

that day, I took a peek at one of the latest couple ps shots at changi beach. Very handsome couple! I was full of envy when i saw the bride. She has those "gu dian" beauty look esp when she wore the pink cheongsum
happy.gif

kelpy

we prefer less nature shots.
which is why J&amp;C is great because of the surrounding area.
like those indoor casual shots too...
happy.gif

sklek

yeap, their photos are well taken, be it nature or modern. You decide the style! That's one of the main reasons why i sign up with them too.

skywolf

Hi ladies,

Juz stumbled in here..
happy.gif

Could any of you gals let me know how the pckgs details are like? Saw lots of +ve comments, esp PS and hidden costs (pretty impt to me, at least)... heeheehee...

friends78

Hi Wenn

I am still under medication lor. I have not fully recovered. Have to take medication at least 1 more year to maintain my hormones level. Now my hor level is normal but if i stop medication, it might go up again. I now only need to take 1 tablet a day. Feeling tired is a normal effect when u start medication. U will feel moody and 'no strength' to do anything. Cos we used to have a lot of energy to 'burn' now the med 'block' our hormones so no energy lor. Don't worry... later u will start to see ur hair falling... putting on weight.. Although it's sound scary, these r signs of recovery!
happy.gif

Hi all,
Me luv the sea and shenton way buildings, fullerton hotel at nite ... so u can see the photos I have posted earlier contain all the places i like. It's your style! Just enjoy the day and be the star!

Hi Angela

J&amp;C package range from $3k to $5K. Normal stuff like photos, 8R table top, portrait, mini ablum, WG, EG and man suit r included. U got to go down and check it out. U can ex for stuff u don't want. Cyn is quite neg. But must be reasonable... hee...hee...

friends78

Hi Angela

Sorrie ... me very long winded.. Hidden cost refer to eyes lashes, dry cleaning, accessories etc. J&amp;C don't charge for all these lor... My WG for phototaking was strained with Black oil!!! Cos raining that day lah. When Cyn saw it, she just laugh and said that she is going to 'lelong' the grown off.

sklek

Black oil?
uhoh.gif
Wah...then izzit better not to use the AD WG out for outdoor shoot? Btw, how u gals change into ur gowns when outside huh? If in buildings still got washroom, but in beach and gardens how?

hi angela! their pkgs have minor changes now and then. When I sign up, mine don't have mini album but i got a car. If u can, make an appt with her to see if she got any latest promo (she has some lovers' promo now) Every couple has diff needs, so usually she'll try to customize accordingly. I know only the ampoule u must pay urself coz that is charged by the makeup artist.

kelpy

Thought usually outdoor shoot dun use AD WG?
At least that's what we were told.
happy.gif

Oops our contract with my wifey... need to get from her then can give you the details... as the groom I'm just there to sign the card and say "you look gorgeous". hiak hiak

wenn

ha ha, we used our AD WG for botanic gardens shoot... my skirt was totally wet &amp; dirty after taking photos are the waterfall
lol.gif

J&amp;C did a good job in cleaning it
happy.gif

wenn

doreen,
still must take for 1 more year ah?
sad.gif
i was hoping for a quick recovery leh!!!

PTU will oso cause weight gain ah? *sob* i just bought some new clothes leh... sian... must limit to eating healthy food liao... how many KGs u put back on?

yah, really feel emotional these few days
sad.gif
even told my ahlau that if he cant solve our flat problem, i'm movin' out!! well, really dunno wat to do now...

friends78

No lah.. me never use my AD WG for outdoor shots. My outdoor shot is a pure white grown with a long train... so help singapore to 'sweep' the floor lor.

Hi wenn
The med need to take for at least 1-2 years. It's a long process to recovery. Me gain about 4 kg for 6 months.
sad.gif
Yesterday just weight... 43kg!

friends78

Hi Irene,

Me don't like causal shots. So me straight away wore WG for outdoor shots. then around 5pm, Eric drove us back to J&amp;C to change into my EG for nite shots at esplan and fullerton hotel. Cyn also help me to set my hair style for nite shots so as to have a different look. During nite shots, a lot of couples r still wearing their WGs and we r the only couple with nite look (wearing EG, creating a shanghai nite look) Can see the other brides looking envy at us... hee... hee....

My nite shot:
41851.jpg

sklek

nice pic doreen! my hubby wanted to take nite shots too, but besides fullerton &amp; esplan, don't seem have much places with nice lightings hor? Not bad leh, have new hairdo and EG. No wonder there's eyes of envy from other brides there!
biggrin.gif

wenn, recovery path will take some time. Be patient. Luckily doreen has experience to share, least don't feel so helpless rite?

friends78

Hi Irene

I saw a couple taking nite shots in front of raffles hotel and the old sup. court in city hall. cool mah! Since J&amp;C don't charge extras for nite shots, why not just give it a try? Hee.. Hee...

wenn

doreen,
ic ic...
happy.gif
u mean during ur thyroid days, u weigh only 39kg?? so light! for me, i think my weight will surely balloon up to ~55kg....

irene,
thanks for the kind words. will try to be more optimistic i guess
happy.gif