J&C Bridal Collections

wenn

Doreen, ic...
36968.gif

i was thinking that still can invite relatives bcos they normally receive invites after GDL... some frens couldn't come cos last min, they had to help parents or in-laws to attend their other relatives' wedding... can't be helped cos mine's a HOT HOT date
sad.gif

kaka

hello gals...can call me kaka...less formal..hee...thanx for the warm welcome!

how much do u gals top up for the photos???

i oso worried i will miss my mama after getting married :p

cham..i hvnt take into consideration of guests declining the invitation...hmm...looks like i have to rethink my guest list...

so u gals have seen each other oredi???

friends78

Hi Gals

Just need to check whether u rebonded your hair for your AD? My hair is now in a mess mah... I have natural curl and the wavey hair is making me crazy!!!

Hi KaKa....
Lot of planning have to be done for your big day:)

ish

doreen, maybe you can ask the makeup artist for her suggestion.. my hair is quite straight so dun think I'll be rebonding my hair for AD...

hi kaka, welcome!

friends78

Hi Ish

My makeup artist did advise me not to rebond my hair cos rebonded hair very hard to syle.... but i 'xian' leh. Hair is big mess... me first time keep long hair becos of the wedding... not used to it! Moreover, as the hair get longer, more drop! stress man.......

maroz

Hi Doreen,

I am new in this thread. Am doing my bridal shopping now and would consider J&C given all the positive comments from u gals.
Would you mind sharing you pix with me? my email add is [email protected]

Thanks a lot!!

Yup i oso heard before that rebonded hair very hard to style, cos they will be very soft...better not take the risk...

Hi Wenn,

dunno whther u rem me or not. i have requested and seen ur wedding pix

glad that ur wedding went quite smoothly and am a happy bride =)

ish

doreen, i understand.. when your hair gets very sian.. u just want to do something about it. why not you go for hair treatment only, just to soften your hair or something... heard my frens doing it

ish

if i'm not wrong, today is roro's big day!

roro, congratulations! wish u all the best and happy ever after!
happy.gif

wenn

Hi Doreen,
Just "ren" 4 a while more
happy.gif

Me too! Kept dropping hair. Even after my wedding, my hair drops a lot. Will be rebonding my hair soon!
biggrin.gif

Hi Kaka,
Welcome! I've met up with Mashi & Roro b4
happy.gif

Hi Maroz,
Yah, i recalled u asking for my photos
happy.gif

Glad that everything went well.

Hi Ish,
Yah, 2day is Roro's big day
biggrin.gif

RORO, CONGRATS!!
happy.gif

friends78

Hi Maroz!

Welcome! Me sent the pic to u liao...

Thks Ish and Wenn.... me will 'ren' 'ren' & 'ren'! Ha! Ha! Me did went for hair treatment in Jean Yip. Hubby even sign up package for me to pamper my hair after me complain and complain... But at the rate it's dropping... me scared leh... Then I also feel very tired & sick on and off. Don't know why my health suddenly become like that.... xian mah!

Me just hope to be a radiant bride on my big day!

roro

hey gals... I'm BACK
happy.gif
thks for all ur blessings.. YEAH... so happy and relieved it's Over... everything went smoothly and of cos some hicupps here and there... but well... wat done cannot be undone.. hehehe once the photos ready.. i will send U gals k...
happy.gif
tomolo gg Phuket for a short HM
happy.gif
can relax liao... *phew*

maroz

Hi Doreen,

U look beautiful in your photos!! Thanks for sharing =)

Hi Wenn,
sorrie, u were saying there was another female brides forum or someting... wat is the website add?i lost the link u sent me the other time

friends78

Dear Gals

Saw Chin Leng message?!?! Do u think we can get back 10% rebate? Keke... Hee... hee...

Must ask Cynthia for freebies.....

Thks Maroz!

questy

halo to all,
i'm back! long time no see, busy with my camp but it's over liao. Now quite tan, went kayaking, wore t-shirt so no visibal lines, if not cynthia will sure scold me for hving so many colours on my back and shoulder, he....!

Going to try gown on monday, hv not slim down much, sure get scolding from cynthia liao, he....!

halo to all who r new here, welcome!

kaka

hi gals...i went thro this singaporebride forum n found tt J&C seems to be one of the very few without any bad comments!! hmmm...so most prob i will be going to J&C this weekend to take a look at the gown. by the way, do your package include accessories? as in necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc...as i saw from some comments tt some bridal boutique only offer gloves and vail as accessories!

claudiatan

Hi there Doreen and Wenn! Claudia here. Btw, I have already signed up with jnc and will be chosing my gowns.

Btw, would like to get some advises regarding the PS photos. How much did you all top up in order to buy all the photos back from jnc? Is it very exp? I find it very sad when we can only select twenty photos back from the PS session.

I was thinking of buying up all the photos back from the PS and made into another album. What about you gals? Did you buy all the photos back from cynthia?

Hi Kay Leng, I unerstand that jnc will provide everything including accessories. I know what you mean...cos some of my friends did told me about the hidden costs. But I understand that jnc package covers all. So regarding this point, you can be assured.

questy

Hi Doreen,
Yea, was busy with camping and preparing for ROM. Just came back from fitting, still as fat as ever, ha......! ok, i'll hv crash course to slim down within these 2 weeks before my ROM. Nv mind, we can meet up when we can, and mayb i'll need ur help in bargaining, he.....!

friends78

Hi Kaka

Take your time and choose the BS u like... we r quite pleased with J&C so no bad comments lor... J&C allow u to use their accessories. No worries lah!

Hi Claudia
Just enjoy your PS! Then they will arrange a day for u to choose the photos u like... From there, they will arrange the photos in sequence to form 'a story'. U can work according to your budget. For me, no 'story' cos got budget. Ha.... ha... Hee... Hee...

Hi questy,
Congrats... ROM date nearer & nearer.. After ROM, u r offically MRS. How's your grown selection? My AD also coming... Oh... I'm so nervous and excited!

kaka

oh yah...CONGRATS RORO!!!

Hi Doreen, Claudia thanx for ur comments :D
Doreen, i bery lazy to go ard scouting...heehee... unless i cant find any gowns i like at J&C else most prob i will juz settle with J&C...

yah Claudia, my main concern is those hidden costs...n i hate to be paying for wat others don't pay...so having a BS with such good comments is important :D

claudiatan

Hi Kay Leng, I share the same sentiments as you regarding the hidden costs. No one likes to pay the extra after signing the contract. But photos wise, you can buy it up cos in the contract they only give back a certain number of photos and not all. Heehee....

Hi Doreen, thanks for your advise. Wow...when you mention the word budget, I was wondering how much is the budget. You have to top up to get the rest of your photos issit? Roughly how much will it amount to so that when my turn comes, I am mentally prepared? Thanks in advance!

Btw, when is your AD? Congrats! Have plenty of rest and be a mei mei bride!!!

questy

Hi Doreen,
He...! i settled only on ROM gown, yet to cmf actual day and photoshot gowns. They not very willing to let me try and choose gowns tat day, but i die die want cynthia to let me try to show my cousins who went with me tat day. Oh, my MU artist is Lin, is she good? I forgotten who is ur MU artist liao, but i say Karen, her Mu quite nice and natural.

"MRS"? i still cun really accept the fact yet, ha....! I still want to remain Miss when i go practicum next Feb, feel very funny being address as Mrs before customry, although offically is "Mrs" liao, ha....!

How's ur AD prep? nearly done? just be cool and relax k, must plan for a hen party before ur big day k, must hv fun mah, he.....! good luck for ur prep k, muacks!

roro

hi kaka, thks!!

hey doreen, r u at carrefour today??? think i saw U leh... heheh

hi Questy, my MU is lin too.. all my jie-meiz said my make-up for dat day very WELL-DONE.. so not to worry.... heheheh
happy.gif

friends78

Hi Claudia

My AD is on 31 Dec 03. Going countdown after dinner... hee.. hee...

Hi Questy
Me haven't really prepare for my wedding although only left with 2 weeks.... Rooms not clean yet... a lot of details not settle.. Ha... Ha... I know Lin is quite good. Lot of good comments about her. Mine is Kelly.

wenn

hi questy,
my makeup artist is lin too!
every1 like her makeup... including my super fussy mother :p

hi gers,
i'm pretty busy lately :p
been running around reprinting my AD photos & sending my PS photos to RGB lab to reprint into 8r for in-laws.... cheaper than asking cynthia to re-do the album for me
lol.gif
oso, busy converting BIL's video tape of our wedding into vcd for in-laws....

friends78

Hi Wenn

We r still waiting for your AD photos. Hee... Hee... Can I check how much RGB lab charge for washing 8R photos? Thks! Me 'wash' mine in a fuji lab at $0.90 for 4R. The Colour not so sharp leh.

wenn

Hi doreen,
ok ok, will scan when i'm free.... recently can't scanned as my ahlau is using the PC to convert the video tapes at nite & each tape takes 3 hours
sad.gif

for rgb, u have to give them the original sample proofs to compare if u r printing in 4r. they will try to match the colour to the sample proofs. the lady told me that might have problems printing my orange EG cos the colour is very rich & bright... will be collecting my reprints this evening
biggrin.gif

having checked the prices with the fuji labs, rgb is more ex. but at least they try to reprint as close as possible to the sample proofs.

For 120mm & 150mm negatives used in PS,
4r = $2.20 (fuji = 0.70 to 0.75)
8r = $12+ (fuji = 7.50 to 8.00)

hope that helps
happy.gif

friends78

Hi Wenn

Thks so much for your info! Me just went for fitting today. No major changes... whew....

Dear gals
Was about to take my portrait then spotted some tiny marks on the frame. So cannot take back cos me want to change the whole frame. Me fussy hor?
Can take back my photos on Sat. Yeah! Once I take back my photos, me will scan & share with u. Saw pple trying on growns, suddenly me feel my grown too plain... Have the urge to change mine. Ha... Ha...

questy

Hi to all,
I itchy backside go and do spa perm, now my hair very dry leh, how? i've wanted to do rebornding, but cynthia told me dun do first, and kelly also recommended spa perm to me, think i'm too fussy abt my hair liao. how? go reborn back or leave it and it'll be nice and shiny after a while? advice k, thanks!

Hi RoRo and wenn,
he...! thanks for assuring me, i'm glad i got lin too, he...! now lookign forward to my ORM day, hope i can look good too, he...!

Hi Doreen,
I was talking to kelly when i fit for my ORm gown, tot i'll get her but cynthia assigned lin to me, hvn met her personally. I also hvn clean my house for ROM, will be doing it this weekend, can one lah, just spare few hours to clean, ask ur hubby to help lah, sure can get a sparkling house, he...!

kaka

Dear gals!!! looks like everyone is bzbz preparing for your big day yah...i have finally signed up with J&C last nite :D finally met Cynthia :D very excited over the gown although i still have one more year to go...haha....
do u all have to pay for the ampoules and eyelashes for the makeup? did u gals take the car from J&C? any recommendation for other car rental services?

wenn

kaka,
u have to pay for ampoules. the freelance makeup artist charges $25, which i feel is quite ex. so i bought them from my fren at $5.

questy

Hi mashi,
he...! thanks for assuring me, but i'm still puzzles by my crazy hair, really want to go do reborning liao, cannot stand it, he...!

claudiatan

Hi there Wenn! Claudia here! Btw, who is your make up artist for the day? You mean the ampoules is not included in the make up package?

Btw, can recommend the ampoules which you bought from your friend? I undstd that it can help to control the oil level. Thanks!

wenn

hi claudia,
previously, i did mention that my MU is Lin. she was assigned for PS & AD.

ampoules are an extra cost. there is a makeup package????

however, some of my frens din used them but their makeup din melt. so it is subjective. erm, i dun know the brand of the ampoules. u can ask ur beautician if she sells them. if u need me to get for u from my fren, then let me know
happy.gif

mashi79

kaka,
I told the car from J&C and we need to pay for the ampoules and eye lashes... and if u dun mind, i still have two ampoules at home which i bought from my frens... maybe I can sell to u at $5 each....

kaka

hi mashi...thanx for ur offer :D but both my PS and AD still very long time away...u think the ampoules will expire by then? hee.... if not maybe I can get from wenn's fren when i need them? wenn tt ok with u?
so are all the makeup artists for J&C part timers? how many do they have beside Lin and Kelly?

friends78

Hi Questy

Don't rebonded your hair. It will be very dry if you do so. Then hair might 'break' after all the chemical. U not used to your new hair style thus u feel it's dry. U will look beautiful on your ROM day!

Dear all
I took J&C car. Me did not pay for eye lashes but did pay for ampoules. Me must put ampoules cos me got very dry skin. Makeup don't stay on my face especially the T-zone. BTW, are all ampoules the same?

KaKa, what time u went J&C yesterday?

questy

Hi Doreen,
Thanks for assuring me, i really feel better now, he....! I went down to the saloon today, and the lady was helpful enough to teach me how to handle my hair, actually they all like my curls, and dun want me to waste $ to reborn again, he....! ok, i'll stay put with this perma nd wait to see it's result soon.

A quesion, do i pay Lin directly the $25 in cash for my ROM mk-up? or i do not need it at all cos i only ned it for a couple of hours? what abt the bouquet? also pay on the sopt to J&C?