J&C Bridal Collections

apple

hey sklek, u r rite tat bustier is popular nowadays. my WG is juz it. FH say i looked younger in it.. so ok lor!
rofl.gif

wow.. wenn u veri "zhai". still trying to lose another 2kg! so how many hv u lost oredi?
biggrin.gif
mine still the same. no progress.
angry.gif
LADIES: Pls share with me ur secrets!

wenn

hi apple,
yup, getting frens to do so is a cheaper alternative... the problem is, i dun trust my frens
lame.gif
FH is trying out how to extract video from DV tape, edit & then burn into CD.... took him 3 hours for a 1 hour tape
uhoh.gif

photo montage is a short 2 to 3 min video clip comprising u & FH's photos for ur guests to see lor... for my PS, Simon will come for outdoor shoot only... i asked for Cyn's permission b4 i engaged him. She said that indoor PS can't videotape due to the lighting interference lor...

correct, me mid-nov b2b
happy.gif
haven't lose weight yet... cos i stopped gym for 1 month liao...

roro

wow... so hard to keep track.. we r indeed very "Active" hehe

i dun really trust my friends too, i scared the video clip will be too jumpy
crazy.gif
(thou there's anti shock thingy) and i will be giddy after watching it..
happy.gif

married: there's no attachment in the email
sad.gif

can u send again.. thks !

forest

hi ladies...

i'm going for the j&c bridal show this coming sat.... really interesting to read all ur posts... seems like most of u had a gd experience....
happy.gif

married,
do u mind sending me ur pix too??? i wld love to look at them...
happy.gif

i'm planning to get a feel of j&c during the bridal show.. oh.. actually, heard of j&c as i was asking Yi to show me her photos... me also think tt Yi had a wonderful EG.. veri sexy.. n her photo shoot at ubin turned out veri nice as wel!!

sklek

hi forest, welcome to this lively thread
happy.gif
hopefully we will continue to have good experiences along the way.

If u wan to get a better feel of j&c, would recommend u to visit them personally, and see their photos, try out their gowns, talk to the staff etc. Bridal show models all have good figures, so gowns on them sure look nice one.

Still, if you haven't sign up, they are likely to have promotional packages
happy.gif
so do share with us ok?

wenn

Hi roro.

The guy's name is Simon Toh. HP: 90038765
But bewarned, he's a bit temperamental hor..
happy.gif

He just shifted his home office to Sengkang,, so i dun have his new number. I understand that he has a share in the wedding stuffs shop at Marina Sq. I saw him there one day demo-ing the video to a potential customer... But i went to his old place with a group of 8 other gals
biggrin.gif

roro

hi wenn,
wat do u mean temperamental?? u mean u actually experience it? quite scary leh
uhoh.gif
anyway, thks for the phone no... muack!

U

undecided

Hi! Sklek

I have gone to the following bridal shops:

White Link - Nice service but most gowns that I like in the photo are all taken up by other brides.
Emannel B Couture-Nice service by designer but think they do not have OTR for men.
Le Galleria Bridal Atelier-Nice service but no OTR for men and also quite pricy.
Everbliss-No gowns that I like
Milan- Quite happy so far but yet to sign up with them and J&C of course

Hence, I am now down to 2 bridal shops -Milan and J&C and hence shall now change my name from confused to undecided
biggrin.gif

Have anyone been to Milan yet? Do share with me your opinions on the two ok.

Thanks.

apple

Hi Undecided: Feel tat the photography from Milan & J&C r quite competitive. When trying Milan's gown, i din feel rite & comfortable. Like somethin' missing. But not with J&C gowns. Hope u noe wat i mean. Anyway, tis is only my personal experience. Maybe its diff for u. juz go with ur heart & choose the "one" u & ur FH r most comfy with.
wink.gif

U

undecided

Hi! Apple

Thanks for your advice. Though I have yet to try Milan's gown, I too feel something is missing but I may be able to make do with the feeling if the price is right. Currently, I feel that the price for both is rather competitive except that J&C seems to be on the high side. Sigh! Guess I may leave the ultimate decision to my hubby-to-be. hehehe

wenn

hi roro
happy.gif

i meant he will get a bit irritated if u r late or too early for appointment with him lor... that's about it. but during videotaping of PS, he'll do the work quietly as one of my kakis had experienced. she's doing her photo montage now.

he'll oso provide rental for projector if ur banquet venue doesn't. oso, we booked him exclusively for our date & my jie meis can tom-pang his car
biggrin.gif
some other video guys need u to provide a seat in the follow cars for them lor...

my purpose for the video is so that my in-laws can bring back to mauritius to show their relatives cos we won't be having a separate wedding there to save costs...
happy.gif

wenn

Hi Undecided,
My advise is to try out Milan's gowns too. The difference is that they have Ponnie Hsu (for natural-looking makeup) & Jaki who are rather popular as compared to J&C.

But if u r dropping by J&C's bridal show this saturday, they may have special promo pricing lor
happy.gif

roro

morning gals

wenn, ur FH from mauritius? my friend's bf also from mauritius, and she's forcing him to learn chinese
happy.gif

wenn

hi roro,
oh issit? so qiao
biggrin.gif
maybe they know each other...

my FH & family migrated from china to mau when he was young... his mum made him go to private chinese school during weekends... but his mandarin not so good... can speak our market mandarin but can't read much chinese
uhoh.gif

sklek

good morning to all!

wahhh..chinese tough to learn leh! esp for foreigners not in the chinese culture. Mauritius very pretty. Wenn, considering for honeymoon?

Undecided, if u have a chance, do go down Milan and try their gowns (do they allow?). Nothing beats the actual look and feel of gowns by trying personally. There's still ample time to decide but be careful, don't just decide on price factor alone. The feeling must be right.

wenn

hi sk,
my rom is at 10am, quite early hor
happy.gif

yah, chinese is tough to learn but i'll seen quite a few angmos are able to learn it in taiwan & china.. it is whether u wanna learn it or not..

nope, not having HM in mauritius... like going home for FH :p will be going there after my HM next year lor... u've been there yet?

U

undecided

Hi! Sklek

Good morning to you too.
Yes, Milan also allow me to try their gown. But due to time constraints etc, I did not try out their gowns just yet and have make an appt to try some time next week.

Btw do you think J&C has many nice OTR EG for one to choose from?

sklek

hi wenn,

mine is at 11am, not much later than urs..
happy.gif

true, some angmos can speak better chinese than us!

i haven't been to mauritius yet. we'll probably go for a short getaway after customary instead of a long honeymoon.

sigh....looks like i'm the only 2004 bride...
sad.gif

sklek

hi Undecided,

J&C says they have new OTR WG every 3 months, but didn't say for EG. I haven't seen their full range of EG yet coz I've only taken one gown for my ROM. But I remember seeing a lot of racks with EG hidden behind their curtains. Hmm...nice or not u have to judge for urself lor...but personally i like what i see
happy.gif

If you r interested in signing with J&C, you can sign for new OTR first and if you really cannot find any OTR, then top up $300 for MTM. That's what i'm doing now anyway.

Milan collection is nice too. So to be fair, you got to try both to confirm your likings.

wenn

hi sk,
Air Mauritius & SQ have cancelled all flights from there to HK & SIN... so FIL can't booked flight to attend our ROM yet.. He'll try the agency again in mid-may. If still cancelled, he'll have to take flight to Perth & then to SIN
sad.gif
hope sars wun get worst.. cos some sep 03 brides are considering postponing their customary.. yours in 04 is still ok lor..

hi undecided,
dun think J&C has much OTR EG cos Cyn did mention that EGs are easier to MTM since there are many different colours & designs. however, i managed to find a new OTR EG & converted my MTM option into more photos
happy.gif

sklek

hi wenn,

so sad! SARS is really causing a lot of problems hor! My colleague was joking if SARS get any worse, maybe ROM registry will just post u the certificate, sign and mail back! Sigh...s'pore trying hard to curb SARS from spreading but even with such measures still don't help to much extent.

btw, for couples who has booked the banquet for this year already, and they r postponing due to SARS, do they need to pay anything extra? Though mine is in 04, there is still a chance the current situation could get worse, so need to know the facts to prepare.

u're so lucky to find a new OTR EG! I tot u MTM leh...
happy.gif
Usually people prefer to MTM EG coz WG looks more or less quite standard, but EG can have more designs and cuts. Wearing any gloves or not?

wenn

sk,
yah lor,, this is considered a natural disaster in a sense
sad.gif

for banquet postponement, i'm not sure leh... i think have to consult the banquet manager & try to work out something lor... the other option is to go ahead but with lesser tables in order not to lugi too much...

actually we were designing the EG.. then my sis was going thru the rack of EGs.. we saw something we all liked & decided to take that instead as i find the empire-cut gown suits me.. my mum commented that it will be more unique as compared to the bustier design i had in mind.. so in the end, we told cyn to remove the spaghetti straps & the EG will look like a bustier cum empire-cut... a bit diff to explain lah... u wait for my fitting photos hor
happy.gif

dun think i'll be wearing gloves cos i find leh cheh... besides, i intend to get french manicure
happy.gif

sklek

Hi Wenn,

I can imagine what u mean - bustier cum empire, straight cut to have that slim and elegant look, good choice! Yeap, wait for ur photos
biggrin.gif

what is french manicure? heard this term many times but never really know what it means...sorry, i quite 'sua ku' lah
embarrassed.gif

Undecided, good luck for your bridal search! hope u'll find ur ideal choice
smile.gif

wenn

hi sk,
i searched for the definition...

French manicure = the act of putting a clear liquid/pink liquid onto the pink part of your nails and a white liquid onto the white part, as decoration

So instead of painting the whole nail with the same colour.. Therefore will look like ur natural nails... :p

U

undecided

Hi! SK

I understand that French manicure is quite expensive right? How much do you pay for yours? If you need pedicure as well...how much do you think it will cost?

apple

Woah.. u ladies r veri active tis mornin'. Juz to share, px list fr PINC:

French Manicure $27.00
French Pedicure $38.00
Manicure $22.00
Pedicure $33.00

sklek

Hi Undecided,

u mistaken lah, wenn is the one who's going for the manicure not me..hee..my wedding still long long way, but the price didn't seem as expensive as i would expect.

Hi Wenn,
thanks for the definition, now i understand liao! So must take close up of your hands hor, else boh hua spending the extra $$$. Do you know how long it'll last? The shine and everything...

Hi Apple,
Yeah, very active hor? I think every bride-to-be will be excited about the prep. Really glad to know about this forum, can get to know more friends and learn from each another.

Where is PINC? R U going to have manicure also?

married

apple: tks for the compilation. btw, my photos were ready for selection 1 wk after the ps. but i waited 2 mths for the album to be done...

wenn: no secret to how i maintain my weight. jus make sure dun eat too much titbits/snacks...i 'naturally' lose some weight cos i fell ill for abt 2wks before my ROM and never gain back again...but i dun tink u 1 2 go thru' tat...:p

can relate to the excitement all of u r feeling
happy.gif

if u need 2 find out abt anything, let me know, i'll share wat i know
happy.gif

U

undecided

Opps! Hehehe

Thanks SK.
Apple - that's the price that I know. You must be a regular at Causeway point right? hehehe

wenn

hi married
happy.gif

i've cut down on snacking liao... now have to cut down on my food portions.. but sometimes can't be helped cos my office aircon is rather cold & i get hungry faster
sad.gif

sklek

hi hi,

maybe can try cut ur rice portion by half for ur meals. Eat more vegetables in place and try not to have dinner at least 4 hours before sleeping. I'm guilty for snacking too, but try curbing by drinking more water lor
happy.gif

apple

hi gers, PINC has 3 outlets.
Midpoint Orchard #02-07
Causeway Point #B1-24
Int'l Plaza #02-96

Yes sklek, i tot of hvg french manicure b4 my PS. hv not decide weather i want to do pedicure yet. hv tried french manicure once b4 but not fr PINC. This shop was recommended to me by a fren.

hi undecided, i'm not a regular at causeway pt.
wink.gif

u r most welcome married.. tks for sharing ur experiences with us. will definitely check with u for any query.

U

undecided

Hi! apple

How much did you pay for the french manicure at the other shop?
wink.gif

wenn

sk,
i oreadi cut my rice portion liao.. i try to eat b4 8.30pm cos my mum usually finish cooking by 8pm leh
sad.gif

sometimes, i just forget to drink water :p

forest

hi gals.. tks for the warm welcome!

sklek,
will take ur advise.. but will attend the show to see how their designs r like.. went to a prev bridal show, n was quite disappointed with their designs, n immed struck them off the list!!! *hee*
happy.gif

ok, will share the promo...
happy.gif

apple,
my big day is 2004.. hve not decided the date yet.. so, i'm still quite relaxed in my search for bridal, banquet etc... *hee*..
happy.gif

wenn,
*hee* ur rom not early lah!!! mine was 9.50am!!! *hee*..

btw, when's u gals' big day????

oh sklek... u r a 2004 bride?? y dun u join the 2004 brides thread??? there's tons of b2b there, and the thread is also veri active!!!
happy.gif

sklek

hi gals, time to knock off soon.... *tired*

apple:
thanks for sharing with us PINC. Will drop by if got chance
happy.gif

wenn:
so 'qiao', my mum also finish cooking at around 8pm leh! Bo bian, cannot eat early must eat less. Anyway, I hear many of my friends say wedding prep always help slim down brides unconsciously!

forest:
hmmm...not many bridal shows lately...just a guess, were u refering to graceful image? i think i read in some other threads about their bridal show also.

when's ur ROM? if u scroll up a bit in our threads, apple has summarized our wedding day, so nice of her
kiss.gif

i know there's a 2004 b2b thread, but i'm more keen about sharing experience with fellow j&c brides...so that's why i'm here instead
bounce.gif

married

roro: i kept receiving error msg abt ur email a/c. not sure if u manage to receive my pics??

forest: sorry, missed u out amongst the long chain of postings...had sent the pics to u liao...

wenn: mus watch ur health ok, dun get too caught up in dieting...poor diet might affect ur hair n complexion too...take care n b a gorgeous bride
happy.gif

ladies: my make-up artist advice not to drink too much water the night b'4 ur ps or actual day....otherwise might look bloated or get eyebags...

apple

undecided.. i paid $5 for the french manicure i had coz hv $20 viucher.
biggrin.gif

married.. forgot to tell u tat ur pics r great & u look great! Thks!
wink.gif
something to share with u.. actually, when i was seleting my WG & EG, cyn also showed me the exact same pcs u had. i feel tat the WG is veri sexy. low v-shaped cut in front rite. i even tried ur EG too but i'm too big for it. tummy was too obvious.
rofl.gif

anyway, tks for ur advise! but sometimes it hard to control coz i tend to drink alot of water in the evening.
uhoh.gif

ah married.. did ur make-up artist tidy ur eyebrows?

ladies ladies.. we muz all watch our health & look best! Instead of dieting, we shld EXERCISE! So lets motivate each other!!

apple

hey sklek.. so sweet of u! lurve hvg u ard too & every1 here!
kiss.gif
wink.gif
we r all juz a grp of happy brides & b2b exchanging pointers & ideas!

wenn

Good morning ger *waves*
happy.gif

Yah, i agree that we shouldn't diet & not exercise. Me ah? just cutting down on the quantity of food for dinner cos my mum always cooks alot... i've cut down my rice to 1 bowl liao
biggrin.gif

So happy, managed to settle my FH's ROM shirt liao... mtm eyptian cotton at the tailors... recommended by a fren's bridal shop, amanda lee.... if u want the contact, let me know hor & I'll email u... cos i know cynthia dun provide shirts for actual day
happy.gif

roro

Morning... *waves back*

Yup ladies.. let's buck up and shed some more kgs.. we need to Look our best and feel good too..
so let's Gam-ba-teh-neh...
happy.gif

married: oh dear, i must have exceed my mail quota, can u pls try again, so sorry for the trouble :p
[email protected]

sklek

Good morning ladies *wave wave*

married, u're right, drinking water before sleeping will cause eye area puffy, something like water retention.

did anyone utilise their trial make up also?

i think i share similar situation with wenn. My mum likes to cook a lot also...end up very full after dinner. I cannot diet one, always end up eating more. It's better to have a sensible diet and exercise. But i veri the lazi one...
embarrassed.gif
used to go swimming alt sat, now SARS outbreak don't dare to go anymore.

apple, u're so sweet! but i don't recall doing anything to have all those nice praise from u leh?
uhoh.gif

welcome valen25!
rofl.gif
u recently sign up with j&c? ROM already?

forest

hi galz... it's TGIF!!!

married,
thanks! got ur pix... veri nice!!!! ur WG veri sexy.. low v-neck in frnt!!
btw, i think i know ur hubby leh... he's my bro's fren... *heehee*
happy.gif

sklek,
oops.. sorri.. missed tt post on the wedding dates!!!
wow.. most of u gals r gettin married this yr huh???? how's the prep??

oh.. my ROM was last yr dec... now planning for my customary.. shd b 2004 lor...

i'm getting real excited abt this wkend... goin for j&c bridal show on sat.. n will also go to styles wedding show on sun....
biggrin.gif