J&C Bridal Collections

wenn

Hi Sk,
dun worry about ur fitting cos i'm sure Cynthia & the rest will be more settled by may
happy.gif

one of the gals i know over at FBO has chosen her ROM gown liao. she did take a photo for me to see
biggrin.gif
Cynthia allows photo taking once the gown is confirm.

wenn

Hi Jel,
Wow, u very zhai
happy.gif
haven't finalised ur contract... Great to hear about the favourable response on ur banquet...

I thot Sharon is Cynthia's right hand woman? she said she does makeup for the bride... i always see sharon sewing extra sequines or beads on the gowns....

who did ur makeup for PS? i dun think the rest are designers cos they had to consult Cynthia when i asked whether i can alter certain features of the WGs i tried
uhoh.gif

I dun think Cynthia finds ur features qi quai... i tink she's just puzzled that u din wanna reshoot the PS... (dun shoot me,,, i'm just guessing
lol.gif
)

apple

Hi sklek.. yup PS in May. Hv not decide on the location yet. Tot of wearing casual. But afraid tat will be tempted to buy more pics if there is more change of outfits.
lame.gif

sklek: Which r they places u hv shortlisted for ur PS (ie if u dun mind sharing)? Formerly, nicole was my coordinator. But understand tat she has left J&C. So hv liaised which cyn directly.
wink.gif

Helo married.. how was ur teadress like? Kua? I'm hvg some doubts over the one tat i hv chosen. Care to share ur pics?

Yeah Jel.. who was ur make up artist? If u dun mind, care to share a couple of ur pics?

wenn

Hey gers
happy.gif

Just wanna add... I've noticed that Cyn's staff maybe a bit forgetful or slipshoddy lor.. Cos I intro my sis' fren who did sign up with J&C... while i was there on 1st appt, i asked Cyn whether i can see my sis' fren's WG.. She said ok,, but she dunno which WG is was as its description/detail wasn't written down by her staff. In the end, my sis fren decided to change her WG anyway,, so everything is settled lor
happy.gif

sklek

Hi hi!

Good morning to all
happy.gif

jelutong:
I think Sharon is considered my coordinator coz she's the one who's been attending to me so far. My impression of her is pretty good coz she has been helpful and remembers my appointments. She's quite outspoken and frank in her opinions.

Yes, I heard she's a designer and she has been helping Cynthia for a very long time liao. Guess that's why Cynthia also trusts her to make decisions. Comparatively, I have less contact with Cynthia.

I tend to agree with wenn, probably Cynthia expected you to accept a retake in compensation. Not "qi kuai" in features lah! Hope to see your pretty photos soon
happy.gif

wenn:
yeap, i notice u're active in FBO also
biggrin.gif
but that forum not as active lah...though i still drop in once in a while to see some comments put up.

my rom gown don't need much changes, just add some crystals that's all. Luckily i can fit into the original size, so no major changes needed
lame.gif

apple:
Nicole has left already? just recently?

We've just started taking note of possible outdoor places. Intially wanted esplanade coz haven't gone there before mah (me mountain tortoise hor
lol.gif
). One of our friend advise against coz in feng shui sense, too many sharp edges. Perhaps lower/upper Piers @ bishan or botantic garden for greenery background. I notice many couples like to take ps at old railway track and lalang background also, which is nice too.

Hee... I also think more change in outfit, more photos to buy...$$$
biggrin.gif
What about you? Have u finalised ur outdoor shooting?

My hubby wanted night shoot, but where would be nice leh? Most of my friends say Singapore River...anywhere else would u gals suggest?

married

hi gals
happy.gif

the overall experience wif J&C was gd. hope all of u will enjoy ur wedding prep too. i still kinda miss my gowns...hahaa

jelutong: kelly is my make-up artist. r u refering to actual day photographer? I din engage J&C's.

apple: i din wear kua. tink i look kinda funny in tat...hee

if u gals r interested, i can email u some of my photos so u can take a look at the gowns' design. but mine isn't any fantastic website, jus normal scanning which i had done to email to frens.....

wenn

hi sklek,

yes, i'm rather active over at FBO cos my kakis are there,,, for the J&C thread, there's seowyun & hui... but they are rather busy cos school starts liao...
happy.gif

oh, its nice that they are adding more crystals for ur gown... i thot they only do alterations..
biggrin.gif
i like sharon too,, quite easy to chat with.... any1 knows if there is a winnie at J&C?? she called me once though...

BTW, u called up the registry on the number of guests??

sklek

hi wenn,

Yeap, as long as it's not permanent fixture like emboidery or a change in the overall cutting, they can do it for you. Sharon told me they packages r slightly on the high end coz they use swavoski crystals which shines better. I like crystals, so that sort of added a plus point to my rating for J&C...
biggrin.gif

Winnie only works part-time at night. I saw her once when I went to select my ROM dress. She's a nice lady, a bit on the plump side and a very cheerful person.

I tried calling ROM main line but nobody picks up my call.
angry.gif
But they updated their ROM website with something about crowd limitation due to SARS. You may like to check it out, though they didn't specify how many people. http://www.rom.gov.sg/mainrom.html

wenn

hi sk,

woh, swarovski crystals...
happy.gif

ok,, then i'll see whether she till calls me or not :p

i've seen the notice liao.... the problem is, the website dun tell us specifically the number of guests allowed
uhoh.gif
i thot u got insider news mah
embarrassed.gif

jelutong

Ha ha wenn,

I won't shoot you even if I'm a real "qi guai" wacko, the most I'll go peep at you when you have your PS... Hee hee...

By the way, if you don't like to be watched while having PS in the studio, better tell Cynthia. She is open in letting relatives and friends into the studio during PS.

My make up artist is Joyce. She is a very helpful lady, even helped me to change...

Hi apple. I have not gotten my foto back. Have just selected last Saturday. Maybe will get it back in late May.. will share with you when it's back.
happy.gif

Hi married,

Would love to see your foto. my email address is [email protected]

Glad that your experience was a good one.

Hi sklek, heard from Cynthia that winnie is experience in putting the foto in sequence. When we were selecting our foto, Cynthia asked her to help us.... A friendly lady..

sklek

insider news? no lah... that's why hoping to call ROM registry direct and ask. I'll try again tomolo and let u know
happy.gif

have u decided on ur flowers for ur ROM? we saw a few recommendations but haven't visited any yet.

did u have crystals on ur WG/EG? or do u have beadings & emboidery? i think J&C do both kinds quite well. I've tried a couple of gowns on my 1st visit to have a look & feel.

wenn

Jel,
relatives to kpo for PS ah?? dunno leh,,, see how when my turn comes
happy.gif

ok, so sharon, kelly & joyce do makeup...

Sk,
haven't decide on flowers yet... but i'm looking for those deep red roses... thanks for helping me to find out about the guests thingy
happy.gif

i think my WG will have beadings on the lace top, not sure about crystals though... i'll onli know on my fitting in late may... hope i'll have a pleasant surprise
biggrin.gif

married

hi gals, i had sent u the email. my PC a bit siao siao, hope it's sent successfully....
some ref for those of u who r thinking of ur gown designs.
i had a total of 6 outfit change for my fotoshoot, including own WG & EG...heehee...very greedy...but once in a lifetime 2 act like a model, so y not....but true, we spent a bomb on fotos...shall not frighten all of u...
if ur fotographer is eric, i suggest sentosa for outdr shoots. he knows a lot of 'hidden' places. my frens liked the outdr fotos n were quite surprised to know it's sentosa...

confused

Hi! All

Can anyone tell me about the services they encounter at J&C? I have been there and was rather impressed by their service. However, the things that are holding me back from engaging them are:

1) I don;t find their photoshoot really impressive (but I think I can still make do with it)

2) I have a feeling that they do not focus a lot on the hairdo and makeup of the brides.

3) Both the above services are outsourced.

4) Wedding package a little expensive - (New OTR WG and EG + etc @3588)

If you have use their service before, kindly do drop me a few lines to share your experiences. Thank you.

apple

sklek: hmm.. i think nicole left abt a mth ago. hv not finalise on the location for my outdoor PS. tot of asking cyn's recommendation. i tink s'pore river/fullerton is reali nice for nite shoot.

apple

helo confused, diff people hv views & opinions. when me & my FH compare bridal packages, photography was our primary concern. As compared to the other bridal shops photographys', me & my FH r quite impressed with J&C's.

I feel tat J&C's make up is more on the natural, simple & elegant feel. True tat their package is not cheap but truthfully which one is not? i feel each bridal shop packages r priced abt tat range. the diff, some designers r better with lace while others with embriodery or crystals.

so far, i hv only two appts with cyn the designer (for gown selection). personally, i feel tat she is accomodating, patient & easy to talk to. we r quite comfortable with her & she made us feel at ease. to us, tat is veri impt. being able to communicate with the designer. so far, tat is all i can share. hope it helps.

do set ur budget & priorities. tink it will be easier for u to shortlist ur bridal packages then. good luck & hv fun along the way!

apple

hey jel, did u go for manicure b4 ur PS? where did u hv ur nails done? where did u go for ur PS? did u hv night shoot?

wenn

hi confuse,
i agree with apple... one man's meat is another's poison.. just go with ur heart & choose the bridal shop that best suits u..
happy.gif

sklek

hi ladies,

wenn:
wow...deep red flowers...deep red = passionate love! what is the color of ur dress? (ROM)

late may for WG fitting? so double excitement for me: one is ur gown fitting and second is my ROM :p I'm sure u'll look fabulous

jelutong:
did u have other friends/relatives together with u when u do ur ps? both my hubby & i camera shy, wonder if the photos will turn out candid or not
crazy.gif

married:
I've recieved the email liao! Thank u soooo much! The photos turn out real natural and you look so classy...*envy* No wonder u dun dare to reveal how many photos u've bought in extra!
biggrin.gif

hmmm..sentosa is feasible. with SARS flying around, the island would probably be quite empty
lol.gif

apple:
fullerton is a nice choice coz their lighting are good and bright. many brides like to take their night shots there too. actually in s'pore not many places to choose really. Well, i'll keep my eyes open, if got nice place will share with u gals.

sklek

Hi confused,

J&C was the last bridal that we've visited and frankly speaking, we didn't expect to sign up that day. Like apple, we liked their photography style and we felt comfortable chatting with them. It's a personal preference kinda of thing. Some bridals that were strongly recommended by my friends didn't caught our interest, even though they claim the photography is excellent.

I believe communication between the bridal, the photographer and the make up artist is very impt. You sound like someone who knows what you want, perhaps you might like to make an appt with Cynthia and check out if they have something to your preference?

Photography is done by their in-house photographer Eric. Not too sure about makeup though.

I do agree their prices are on the high range but I can't comment if it's worth it or not coz I merely visited their bridal two times. Out of these visits, I find that they do make an effort to accomodate our requests. At the same time, other couples who were there seems to have a good time there too. My package is new OTR $3588.

Just sharing my 2 cents worth, hope it helps in your decision making. Anyway, this forum and the wonderful ladies here are very helpful people. If you got more questions, just post and share with us lah!
rofl.gif

wenn

Good morning gers
happy.gif

Apple,,, i heard that Isetan can find silver strappy sandles.. u might wanna go there for a look
biggrin.gif

Married, i luv ur gowns
happy.gif
1 qns,, is ur hair naturally straight or did u rebond them??? cos i can't decided whether to rebond mine since the last time i did it was in aug last year :p

Sk, actually J&C oso ties up with Attitude Photography. Their photographer is oso called Eric
happy.gif
But their photos are more ex... in 8R but with no touch-ups... Me ah? I'm happy with J&C's own Eric
biggrin.gif

roro

hey, morning everyone..
Oh boy, think i miss out quite a lot...

jelutong: so sorry to hear the unhappiness..
sad.gif
, but, awaiting for ur pretty photos
bounce.gif
. hope u really like the photos u taken..

anyway, i din have much to update, J&C yet to call me, and i din wan to bother them too. it seems like they've been busy preparing their upcoming bridal show, so i shall wait and see..

married: wld love to see ur photos too, dun miss me out... thks
[email protected]

confused

Hi! Shelek and Apple

Many thanks for your kind advice.
happy.gif

Guess I feel much more assured of their service now. Btw may I know when do they usually allow customer to bring home the WG and the EG before their big day? Also would like to enquire whether they have many OTR men's suits? Thanks.

apple

Hey Wenn.. Tks, I will! *sign* sian gotta scout for shoes again. Wish cld be like u. c one -> like -> buy. No hassle!
biggrin.gif

My fren had her hair rebonded before PS & has advise strongly against it. Her opinion, too straight & can't do much style with it.

Married.. what do u tink? is urs is reali rebonded hair? Izzit difficult to style?(anyway, i hv yet to c ur pretty pics!
wink.gif
)

Hey roro, y dun u give cyn a call & make an appt. i think it wld be better once u hv an appt fixed.
happy.gif

wenn

Hi roro,
how r u? din see u for awhile
happy.gif

I suggest u call them next wednesday.. they should get settled by then..

wenn

hi confused,
i've seen 2 rows of OTR suits at J&C covered by the yellow curtains next to the corridor glass window.. but can't advise cos we haven't choose the groom's suit yet
happy.gif
i think should be able to bring back the gowns 1 week b4 wedding...

wenn

hi apple
happy.gif

i'm the type that tries to settle stuffs fast
lame.gif

my stylist was telling me to check with the bridal shop on wat sort of hair styles they have in mind for me b4 he can decide whether to rebond for me or not *sian* cos if i rebond now,,, still about 2.5 months b4 PS lor.... i oreadi told cynthia to gimme a young look... i can't look older than my FH
biggrin.gif

so u decided on ROM or solemnise outside?? if outside must find JP soon leh...

apple

Gee confused, i'm not sure abt ur 1st qn. perhaps abt 2 days b4 ur actual wedding day? Anyway, married will be able to advise us on that.
biggrin.gif

Based on what i've seen during my appt with them, J&C seem to hv quite a variety of OTR men's suit.

apple

yah i noe tat wenn.. good fortune always seems to be with u.
wink.gif

me too! my FH is pretti boyish looking (i'm the other way round. *sigh*) so hv told cyn tat i muz look younger than him.
biggrin.gif

most likely will solemnise at the hotel, on the same day. not sure if there r any rules on the attendees if solemnise outside. yah yah.. muz find JP! *sigh* muz find soo many things.. shoes, JP, contractor for hse, furniture.. etc!
crazy.gif

wenn

apple,,, no lah,, i where got good fortune :p i oso missed out some special offers at the aussino sales last weekend... i was 5 mins late in grabbing the last piece of cotton blankets going for $9.90!!!
lol.gif
boh pian,, took advantage of their offers to buy the bedsheet set for wedding
biggrin.gif

yah, i agree,, so many things to do... & most of the time,, these things are left to be handled by the brides & not the grooms
uhoh.gif
one of my FBO kakis managed to get Bertha Neo for solemnisation.. i think the rules only applies to the Registry & not outside lor..

roro

hey apple & wenn,
I'm good, just bought my wedding bands! wanted to wear it during my PS!
Yup.. will call them once the bridal show is over, think i will just sneak in and attend the bridal show.. hehe
anyway, r u gals having videographer during ur actual day?

kopibean

hi married,

Could I view your wedding photos too?
Pls email to [email protected]
Would like to know where are the hidden places in sentosa as it is quite a popular place among photographers.

Pls guide me.
Thanks.

wenn

hi roro,
glad that u settled ur bands.. where did u get them??
happy.gif

yup, i've booked Saints wedding services for video.. the guy is Simon Toh.. took his $999 package which included actual day video, photo montage & outdoor PS video
happy.gif
if want express highlights i think cost $1150..

according to Cyn, one of her fussy clients engage Simon but din hear any complaints from her... :p

sklek

Good day to all! Great to see so many postings...didn't get to surf the net until now.
sad.gif

wenn:
i bought my silver strappy shoes from Isetan Scotts too. One problem is the silver dust drops if the shoes are knocked against something hard. But veri happy to find shoes that don't burn a hole in my pocket
proud.gif

Earlier postings u did mention that's 2 Eric, one in-house, the other tie-up. I'm quite happy with Eric's work, and got touch up service safer lah...scared that day got outbreak then siao liao...

still no one pick up my call at the registry
angry.gif
will try after lunch

roro:
i also didn't call j&c coz expect them to be busy preparing their bridal show. Just to play safe, perhaps u can make an appt with them after 26 Apr, can see their fashion gowns hopefully.

confused:
u're welcome, glad to be of help. i've got many advices from them too. Hmmm..I also saw the two rows of OTR man's suits like as said by wenn. Maybe inside still have, that one u have to check with j&c. Are you looking for any designs in particular?

apple:
dun stress dun stress k? where's ur love nest going to be?

roro

hi wenn,
did cyn recommend simon to U? how abt actual photograher?? how much that cost if u dun mind me asking
embarrassed.gif
. i bought my wedding band in Aspiral.
smile.gif

hi sklek,
ok, we shall do that after the bridal show, any ideals what u wan for ur WG or EG?

sklek

hi wenn,

finally somebody answered my call! confirm already, only 8 people including the couple is allowed to go into the ROM registry to witness the ceremony. No writing of any form is entertained, must keep to the number of 8.

wenn

hi roro,
nope,,, i went to simon to recce with my FBO kakis
happy.gif
we oso shortlisted videolane & fabian which costs more.. simon does actual day photography but i oreadi took from cyn liao... u need his number? it's at home,,, post for u 2nite
happy.gif
BTW,, i oso settled my rings liao.. got from BP de Silvas... cos FH prefers gold bands...

looks like i'll be going for the show cos my sis wanna go...

wenn

hi sk,

thanks thanks!
bounce.gif

looks like i'll have to cut 2 persons out of my list liao....
sad.gif

glad that u've found ur shoes... 1 less headache...

married

Hi gals :
I wasn't here right from the beginning of the thread so not sure when r ur big days. but seems like many of u r still in the early stage of prep work...

apple/roro/kopibean: had sent u the pics...

kopibean: the pics i sent 2 u din include those at sentosa. eric will know where 2 bring u. or if i have the time, i'll scan some n send 2 u seperately. (of cos the rest of u wil get 2 c too
happy.gif
)
if u really can't tink of any place, u can roughly let your photographer knows the kind of scenery/backgrd u 1, he will recommend.

wenn/apple: yup, i rebonded my hair. but tat was abt 10 mths b'4 my ps. according to my makeup artist, all the twists n turns for the bridal hairstyles will spoil the rebonded effect. so to avoid 'heartpain' and waste of $, dun rebond too near ur ps or actual day. for me, i can't realy tell if it was 'spoilt' after the ps cos actually my hair quite straight, jus tat i hiao so went 2 rebond..hahaa...

wenn: wat a coincide, same design
happy.gif
i had 2 make sure i maintain my fig all those mths, otherwise tummy wil show up under the layer of organza...hehee

the gowns is usually taken back 3 days b'4 actual day. but if u 1 earlier, got 2 let cynthia knows so she can get everything prepared( dry clean, iron etc). of course before tis, u'll go for a final fitting. cynthia wil call u up for appt.

so gals, when ur photos r ready, mus share share wif me
happy.gif

sklek

hi roro,
nope, haven't tot of the WG/EG designs yet coz i'm taking new OTR. I'll probably let them choose some cuts for me first then i can decide better. Bustier designs very popular though.

hi wenn,
ya lor, now instead of thinking who to invite, have to think of who not to invite..so sad.

hi confused,
how many other bridals have u been other than j&c?

wenn

hi married
happy.gif

thanks for the advise... i think i'll just loon for the time being till after my PS on 7/7... then i rebond after that since there is another 4 months to my wedding in nov.. cos the non-rebonded parts are oreadi around my nose level liao... sian,, my hair is thick & curl when short
crazy.gif

when my photos come out,, sure will share w u,, if u can wait.... it's great that u maintained ur figure... i'm still trying to lose another 2kgs... any secrets??
biggrin.gif

apple

sklek: est will be getting our punggol hse keys in jul. if true, will want to get it ready before wedding day. *double stress*
uhoh.gif

roro: like wenn, my actual day photographer is fr J&C too. i'm considering getting videography too. may juz get one of our frens to do it (provided can borrow the videocam). cheaper tis way.
embarrassed.gif

wenn: u mention photo montage & outdoor PS video. what is photo montage? sori, err.. i'm veri old fashion. dunno all tis technical stuff. So, during ur PS, the videographer will be with u the whole day izzit?

married: hv compiled our customary wedding date for ur easy ref. girls, hope i got it rite. (do correct me if i'm wrong)
lame.gif

jel- mid june 03
apple- mid sep 03
wenn- mid nov 03
roro- early dec 03
sklek- tentatively sep 04

hey married, will definitely share my pics with u when its ready. my PS in late may. Not sure how long J&C will take to process the pics.
happy.gif