J&C Bridal Collections

wenn

Hi Roro & SK!
Yup, i'm Mrs Y liao
biggrin.gif

just reached home,,, now downloading the photos from my sis' camera... oso waiting for my colleague to pass me the CD of the photos he took today... I had Mr David Loh as my JP today
happy.gif
Everything is done in less than 15 mins....

soooooo tired
sad.gif

going to shower soon though
happy.gif

apple

Helo to all the Mrs, good to hear fr all of u. i had a fun & lovely time reading all ur messages. It was veri enjoyable. COngratulatiOns to u Mrs Wenn! I'm very happy for u! Seems like i'm the only one ard here who hv not ROM.

It was a beautiful & bright day tdy so i think u muz hv a lovely ROM. Hey Wenn, we r all waiting to c ur solemnization pics!

wenn

Hi gers!
U've got mail!
biggrin.gif

Roro, i've emailed u twice but i kept getting delivery error... do u have another account?

Sk, Roro, Married, Apple & Yi thanks for ur wishes! It was quite fast actually, less than 15 mins & everything is over liao
happy.gif

apple

hi wenn, rec'd ur lovely pics. ur mom & sis did a pretty gd job with ur makeup & flowers. both u & ur hubby looked veri good. ur pictures r veri well taken. u engaged a pro?

wenn

hi apple
happy.gif

thanks for the compliments
biggrin.gif
i must feedback to the both of them
wink.gif

some of my photos were taken with my sis' digicam while the others were taken by my colleague who has studied photography b4... but he oso got some not so good shots :p anyway, he was a bit slow when the groom was supposed to kiss the bride during solemization... kekeke... but i'm not upset lah :p

wenn

Hi gers!
Had my 2nd fitting today... still need to alter my lace top
sad.gif
Cyn did warn me b4 that need abt 2 alterations for it.... Oso had hubby measured for his suit... rather last min as FIL ain't making for him
uhoh.gif
sigh,,,, sian,,,, last min so much stress... my pimples popped up big big liao
crazy.gif

Oso chose my tea dress & another blue EG for PS
wink.gif

sklek

nice to hear from u wenn!

never mind, at least we know the gown will fit u perfectly on the actual day itself. All troubles and time spent now will be worth it when the end product is perfect rite? i heard from my colleague that her bridal didn't bother to make adjustments to her gown until she makes a big fuss out of it! *shake head*

wedding prep always have it's last min, do take it easy. i also have some last min arrangments for my rom but eventually things still work out well. What color did u choose for him leh?

ay, can choose more than 1 EG for PS huh? that's nice...
happy.gif
Blue...my hubby's fav color :p

wenn

hi sk,
i guess different BS have different ways of doing things lor...

he chose greyish-black for the suit... mix of wool lor... anyway, he can utilise the suit for his other 2 brothers' weddings... more mileage...
wink.gif

actually, cyn allows us no limit in the # of gowns for PS lor... she chose the blue 2-piece EG for me... spaghetti top with shiny diamentes
biggrin.gif

sklek

yeah...that's why choosing a bridal is always a gamble at the end of the day. Luck plays a big deal too.

do u mind sharing how much do u have to pay for a MTM suit? Is it from J&C or from outside tailor? ur hubby still got two brothers ah? so ur experience will be a guideline for them liao :p

ur hubby get to change suit to match u also rite? wow...potentially more photos hor
happy.gif
when is your PS?

sklek

hello! today is a busy day, now then can log in to check out this forum (& very surprise to see kermit in here also???)

wow wenn, u sure got a lot of lobang :p did u MTM urs?

how's everyone? *wave wave*

wenn

hi hi sk...

hee hee,, ur lao gong logged in earlier than u
happy.gif

yup,, gotta know lots of gers,, so got lobang oso
biggrin.gif
will email u the lobang later
wink.gif

me ah? feeling fine.... another fitting this friday for my WG & teadress.....

sklek

ya lor, he was wondering what happened to the forum. Guess there was some missing of actions for a while...

final fitting? By the way, I finally found out the makeup artist that did my makeup for trial was Kelly. Forgot that she actually gave me her namecard that day :p

ur ps coming soon hor...excited? do u know who will be accompanying u for ur PS from J&C?

wenn

sk,
hee hee,, he can join in to create some traffic too mah
wink.gif

this is fitting b4 PS... i think got another fitting b4 customary..

oic.. that was Kelly... mine is Lyn
happy.gif

yup, PS in another 2 weeks... yup, sure excited
biggrin.gif
but i dunno who is coming... maybe it is karen,,, cos cyn is rather busy now leh... u know when is Roro's PS?

sklek

2 weeks very fast one, in a blink of an eye. You doing manicure/pendicure?

cyn usually don't follow out on ps, from what i know. Maybe u can ask on ur next fitting. Asking any friends along to help you out? It would be fun to have 1 or two helpers i think.

roro ah...eh...forgot liao... *oops* I think it's near yours? but i could be wrong. Roro? u there?

wenn

yup,, thinking of doing french mani but normal pedi
happy.gif

i remembered married said that cyn followed on her PS... anyway, it doesn't matter,,, as long as got 1 coordinator follow can liao
wink.gif

not asking any frens to join in cos they gotta work mah...

roro

Hi gals...
mine PS in on 28th of Aug... still long way to go
24836.gif
... having my trial make up on the 9th July.. i think my make-up artist is Lynn, still not confirmed cos cyn needs to ask karen, but she reckon is lynn lah..
so wenn, have u decided on ur PS location??
and sklek, when's ur customary?
24837.gif

wenn

hi roro,
i'll be getting the ampoules from my FBO fren this saturday... when u want me to pass to u ah?

yup, going botanic gardens, iguana pub below J&C, & another secret location
happy.gif

roro

wow.. secret location sia....
24841.gif

oh good, the ampoules is here... hmmm... when & where can we meet? u work ard town area??

sklek

wah...i tot forum sure quiet quiet...little did i expect...

roro, my customary still ?, so all u gals will be having your PS before me
happy.gif

aiya..i got nothing to share leh, if got gathering...no nice albums or nice fitting pics yet
sad.gif

wenn

sk,
u not around,, that's why quiet
happy.gif

u still can share ur ROM photos... but it would be nice to just sit down & yak over kopi
biggrin.gif

i just had an outing with some gers to hunt for chokers... we yakked till 10pm at McDonalds
lol.gif

sklek

oh, maybe becoz i usually ask a lot of questions lor, so many advisors to help answer, that's why not so quiet ... heehehehe

sure, if u dun mind lah. I mean, cannot compare lah, ROM and PS. But these couple of weeks i'll be busy though, probably towards mid-month of July? any other gals like to join in?

u manage to find nice chokers in the end? is it for ur own?

wenn

ok, mid-july should be fine
happy.gif

the (Yu Shi - Jade Stone) shop at people's park 3rd floor (above the food centre) do customise chokers for brides lor... they told me that they do for bridal shops too... but i din get cos i've previously bought mine from isetan during GreatSinSale...

sklek

real jade ah? that must be expensive lor...actually j&c got quite nice accessories also. The one I wore for my ROM were on rental from them.

wenn

no lah,, the shop name is Jade Stone... but they do the choker using beads & swarovski crystals
biggrin.gif

oic.. yup, they have nice accessories.... but i'm the type that itches a lot... so better get my own
wink.gif

cellie

hi,

i just had my trial makeup by kelly and i felt that the makeup was too heavy especially around the eyes area as i think she used dark blue eyeshadow and quite a lot of mascara...i thot i looked really wayang and mature but kelly and cynthia kept saying the makeup has to be this thick in order for me to stand out in the photos...is this true? i still very much prefer the natural look leh....also, do u gals have any trial hairdo at j&c? cynthia said they dun provide trial hairdo but i'm afriad a lot of time may be wasted on the PS day if i do not like the hairdo and they have to redo for me again...pls advise if i shld insist on a trial hairdo as my face is quite big and may not suit the conventional styles...thks in advance....

M

me

Hi Cellie,

do you normally wear make up? if not, then the contrast between the make-up face and normal look will be v great. Perhaps you cld cut out some pictures of make-up style you like and go for a retrial? I tot trial hairdo is also included in the package? It's better to go for a trial hairdo also, in case yr face really looks too big for yr body.

What did FH say? Perhaps he has some opinion on whether his FW should look like in the photos.

wenn

hi cellie,
personally, i feel that PS makeup will be heavier & thicker than actual day. cos if too natural, u will look rather pale on photo..

the dark blue eyeshadow would be to match ur EG. oso, emphasis is placed on the eyes to make them more expressive in the photos...

i did not have any trial hairdo during my trial makeup too.. anyway, u can feedback to ur makeup artist on the hairstyles u want during PS. i did feedback to lin, my makeup artist, that i would like a half-bun to go with my WG. as to wat i know, Kelly's makeup does looks natural...

cellie

Hi me, i usually wear very little makeup i.e. just some powder and lipstick, thus, there was a huge contrast between my trial makeup face and normal face. But both my FH and myself still prefer a more natural look as the makeup i had did not really suit me. By the way, who's your makeup artist? did j&c let u have a trial hairdo?

Hi wenn, cynthia told me she asked kelly to do my makeup as she's very good at shading but i'm not sure if she's good at hairdos....how are lyn's makeup and hairstyling skills? Did u have heavy mascara/eyelining as well?

M

me

Hi Cellie

here, it depends if u trust yr makeup artist and Cyn's experience. If not satisfied, you cld schedule another trial with lynn and request for a trial hairdo. I wun really advocate have yr hair (i assume u are keeping yr hair long) covering yr face cos it will make u look messy.

Why not go for angled shots..ie lean face to the side, dun look direct at the camera?

sklek

Hi Cellie,

I'm a J&C bride-to-be. Recently just ROM. I utilised my trial-makeup for my ROM and my makeup artist is Kelly. Just to share my experience, I am also one that don't apply much makeup, except powder and lipstick. When I saw the completed makeup, I was quite surprised that I look different with a heavier makeup. But after I saw my photos that are taken by my friends, I realised they don't appear as heavy as I had expected.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I heard PS makeup are usually heavier because the lighting used are stronger. If the makeup is light, the face will appear pale as per what Wenn has suggested. Hence, what you see at the mirror is different in actual photos.

As for hair, you can discuss with Cyn to have a separate session to try out the hairstyle you like. My trial makeup didn't come with hairdo trial either, but Kelly did help pin half of my hair and add some shiny spray works.

wenn

Hi cellie,
i've seen kelly's makeup from Yi's photos... quite nice leh
happy.gif
mostly silvery makeup for PS... but dark eye shadow, mascara & eyeliner for her EG.. looks ok to me... BTW, are ur eyes small?

lin was assigned to me as i asked for more colour in my makeup... i did not have lots of mascara & eyeliner as my eyes are rather big... her hairstyling is quite ok lah... but i have to wait to see my PS photos next week b4 i can comment further...
happy.gif

shirley

mine is not so soon. it will be in june next yr. but my rom will be in sept & i am borrowing a rom gown & using my trial make up for tt day too

wenn

oic.. so u have booked ur ROM slot & banquet venues yet? ur case is same as SK... ROM this year then customary later
happy.gif

i've just ROMed in June & customary in nov 03.

shirley

yap... my rom is on 27/9. banquet will be at teochew city restuarant at centrepoint. not much budget, so got to settle for something gd & affordable

sklek

hi shirley!

me too
happy.gif
I've already ROM-ed, but customary not yet. Banquet will also be in a restaurant, though haven't firm up which one. R u, or ur hubby a teochew?

is ur gown on loan from J&C?

wenn

hi shirley!
have u sourced for ur ROM photographer & ROM bouquet yet?

as long as u have booked a venue, can relaxed liao.. my banquet would also be at a restaurant.. we booked Noble House last year
happy.gif
I'm half a teochew & really like teochew food
wink.gif

cellie

hi wenn,

my eyes are rather big too, so i thot it's not really necessary to apply lotsa eyeliners but kelly wanted to apply more to highlight my big eyes....in the end, i thot i look like a panda...;p...actually, i'm more worried abt my hairstyle as i have a broad face and cyn said i need some strands of hair on both sides but i'm afriad it may look quite messy....thinking of a half-bun or letting all my hair down...sigh, PS is so stressful....

wenn

hi cellie,

oic..
happy.gif
my makeup artist told me that for trial, she would try to match the makeup colour to my EG instead of WG...

that's what cynthia said to me too... a few strands of hair on both sides... not messy as the makeup artist will gel them lightly together so that they wun look flyaway...

for me, PS started at 9.30am,,, 1/2 hour earlier as Cynthia was worried that it would rain... Lin started giving me lighter eye shadow... but she did gimme fake eyelashes, mascara & eyeliner, & drew my eyebrows...

thru my 6 changes of outfits, Lin did minor changes to my eye makeup... frankly speaking, i couldn't remember wat colours she gave me liao... maybe i was too excited that day
lame.gif

anyway, my advise is,,, dun worry too much
happy.gif

shirley

hi.. my gown will be from J&C, on loan.

rom photographer will be my FH's friend. trying to see the effect of his skills

rom bouquet we order from J&C. understand its abt $80

sklek

hi shirley,

my gown also OTR from J&C. You have chosen already? Got any photos to share? I didn't get my bouquet from J&C, but from the florist near their bridal. If I'm not wrong, J&C probably would get from them too.

cellie

hi gals,

Thks for all the advice, really appreciate it!
happy.gif
...my ps is next week, as my FH and i prefer the journalistic kind of photography with more action, trying to remember the various actions and poses now, hope it would be sunny that day else can't have sunset scene aledy...;p

wenn

hi cellie,
no prob..
happy.gif

but did u discuss with cynthia or eric that u prefer journalistic photography?