Is it common practice to pay a fee to view & try wedding gown?

Sarah Wong

Hi BTB.. please contact me. I have a z wedding package to let go. Due to changes in wedding plans. I do not need the package alr.

Im offering discounts. Pls contact me. I will share more with you. Thank you.

[email protected] or 96772808 to enquire.

yuzhen_85

Anyone sign up with louvre bridal for AD? Is it good?

I was reading this topic and saw you are here too. I top up for their Korean makeup and is a must to me, because Louvre BS is famous for their Korean makeup.
I am extremely satisfied with the makeup and especially the hairdo I had on my photoshoot day. trust me, is worth it.
I am quite embarrassed to share my picture. I meant this gown (https://www.facebook.com/thelouvrebridal/photos/a.235644493225361.50726.234639829992494/915322535257550/?type=3&theater)
and I love it very much! :)

yuzhen_85

From my research, most bridals don't provide trial makeup and mother's makeup. For those bridals I was forced to sit down at BOWS do throw in the trial makeup for free, maybe to get us to commit on impulse for their freebies.
Thats' why we got very irritated over the pushy sales we had experienced at BOWs.

This time, we are shortlisting a few bridals to visit base on reviews. I am planning to visit Louvre Bridal and Tiara Bridal tomorrow to find out more.
Actually, I have read some blogs on makeup workshops organized by Louvre Bridal and their makeup was one of the reasons to keep them in my shortlist.

It will be useful to add on our information if you could share on your coordinator and your package to me. I have PM you and hope you can reply to me today.

Me too. I am very pleased with my makeup artist from Louvre BS. She is very accommodating and experienced. Although she don't dress up very nicely, but her skills is top!

I was reading this topic and saw you are here too. I top up for their Korean makeup and is a must to me, because Louvre BS is famous for their Korean makeup.
I am extremely satisfied with the makeup and especially the hairdo I had on my photoshoot day. trust me, is worth it.
I am quite embarrassed to share my picture. I meant this gown (https://www.facebook.com/thelouvrebridal/photos/a.235644493225361.50726.234639829992494/915322535257550/?type=3&theater)
and I love it very much! :)

Nice gown! :) did you take up trial make up too? You also sign up with Louvre for AD too? :)

yuzhen_85

Nice gown! :) did you take up trial make up too? You also sign up with Louvre for AD too? :)

I did not take up trial makeup. Elaine is my makeup artist and she is a friendly lady and quite patient to discuss on my preferred looks. I will be sticking with her for my AD too.
Ya, the package I signed with them included pre and AD. That was during their Korean makeup workshop event early this year.

I did not take up trial makeup. Elaine is my makeup artist and she is a friendly lady and quite patient to discuss on my preferred looks. I will be sticking with her for my AD too.
Ya, the package I signed with them included pre and AD. That was during their Korean makeup workshop event early this year.

Is Elaine the certified Korean make up artist? Heard of her name mentioned a few times in the forum :)

Just wondering if you are topping up $$ for their gowns? :)

lovmoment

Did you choose her to be your Mua? U can choose the same mua for prewed and AD?

Passionate

Engaged My Dream Wedding previously. The sales guys are quite friendly and didn't hard sell. But then again, could be just that particular salesman who is from Taiwan.

G&J

Hi, anybody engage Rico A Mona BS? I really love their gowns but not sure about their service.

I sign up with rico on the spot. My friend signed up with them abt 2-3 years back. The lady who served me provide me with pictures to have a look and to roughly know what kind of designs or look i am going for. Immediately she went to the back & took out several pieces and let me try on. I fell in love in with one of their ball gown and im looking for a long train design which alot of bridal shop don't provide that long. discuss into details and i paid a deposit.

Went a couple, mostly they are too pushy with their package (i even encounter a bs where he don't allow me to view the gown even with appointment). Still very angry with how louvre bridal treat their customer. Yes their gown is nice but VERY LITTLE selection & you are NOT ALLOWED to view their EG & try on their WG unless you purchase a package with them. Sales tatic probably? but seriously a turn off for me. furthermore their prices involved alot of top up from normal to signature that's a additional $600 if i'm not wrong per gown. The lady still say: with your kind of mindset to find the ideal gown and to try on, you can never find it elsewhere. LOUSY SERVICE!

yuzhen_85

We signed up with Louvre BS without any gown trying. We agree that their gowns are very nice.
They don't have mass selection, however their gowns are very new in condition and designs. They told us that they only keep the newest gowns for a limited period so of course the selection will not be accumulated from donkey years.

I don't think it's their sales tactic, if not they would have charge us for gown trying fees if we didn't sign like some bridals we went before. Since their gowns are very good quality, maybe they are trying to maintain the conditions of the gowns?

I actually also have some worries to sign a bridal package without gown trying. But because I have seen many good reviews about them, so I went ahead.
During my gown fitting, my coordinator is very patient and full of gown knowledge to guide me along. I have many selections that caught me in dilemma to which gown I should finally choose.
So after my experience, I do feel happy about their service and my decision to sign up with Louvre BS so far.

dorvino

We signed up with Louvre BS without any gown trying. We agree that their gowns are very nice.
They don't have mass selection, however their gowns are very new in condition and designs. They told us that they only keep the newest gowns for a limited period so of course the selection will not be accumulated from donkey years.

I don't think it's their sales tactic, if not they would have charge us for gown trying fees if we didn't sign like some bridals we went before. Since their gowns are very good quality, maybe they are trying to maintain the conditions of the gowns?

I actually also have some worries to sign a bridal package without gown trying. But because I have seen many good reviews about them, so I went ahead.
During my gown fitting, my coordinator is very patient and full of gown knowledge to guide me along. I have many selections that caught me in dilemma to which gown I should finally choose.
So after my experience, I do feel happy about their service and my decision to sign up with Louvre BS so far.

Ohh thats nice for you. I went to Lourve in March, when I was undecided which bridal studio to go to at that time. But I already knew I won't be taking the full package as I will engage a pre-wed photographer on my own. When we got to Lourve and told the lady we not doing pre wed shoot, her face turned black and then juz told us very general things, when we asked her questions. Both my HTB and me got the feeling she was just humoring us and waiting for us to get out. We didnt like her attitude, and decided maybe this isn't quite the boutique for us. Not a nice impression.

But hope things are smooth for you :)

Last edited:

yuzhen_85

Hi dorvino, thanks! Things are smooth for us from the day we signed up. We have been well taken care of and their service has been consistently remarkable, especially my coordinator.
She is pleasant, friendly and caring about our stuffs. Always reminding us about our fittings, collection dates and solving our needs as we have quite a number of requests.

I have a few friends planning for their wedding in 2018 are interested in Louvre BS after they know of about my actual experience.

Hope you found your preferred bridal by now and same to you, hope things are smooth for you too. :)

Pygirl89

I went to a BS and they charge me $30 for trying gowns ..this is not a common practice in the market ..I"m quite unhappy with it ..they should inform me when making appointment ..they told me only when I"ve reached there ..although is not a huge amount but i dun really trust them at all ..can't imagine when I signed up and they will told me any unexpected hidden cost ..

jjlin

Need advice, is it a common practice for bridal shop to charge a fee to fix an appointment with them to view & try the gown?

NO! from beginning their attitude already like that, perhaps good to reconsider. they don't inspire confident in their aftersale service.

Redbubbletea

Nope I don't think so. I went to ask about AD packages and they showed me all their gowns, asked me what kind I like and asked if I would like to try. The bridal stores that I've been to are Cangai (which I signed with eventually), Rico, Digio.

Can try Cangai because it was the most affordable of all the ones I've been to. I signed w them not purely because of the price, but their gowns and service as well. Look for Mia if you're heading there! She's wonderful :)

Hi bluepaperrose, could you share with me your package detail with cangai? I've browsed their website and love what I am seeing Thanks in advance!

Redbubbletea

I had to pay $20 to try 5 dresses at mydreamwedding budget (dress rental under $399 I think). Was taken aback when I was told that because it wasn't stated on they website and neither was I informed when I made the appt. But since I travelled all the way there I just paid.

Is this in woodlands? While browsing their website sometime back, I remember seeing this info on paying $20 to try dresses. Was contemplating as it is a small fee but didn't know other bridal boutique can do free try on too.