Honeymoon to Japan and Korea

Kia Boon 91

Hi, any ideas how much averagely is the cost in Japan and Korea? As I'm planning to go for this 2 countries for honeymoon.

Witchling88

I'm also planning to visit both countries for my honeymoon. Going for free and easy.

Air tix - 1.5k each provided u book early.

My budget is abt 8k - 9k for both of us.

Sueho

Im interested to try a ski resort in japan. Anyone has tried n can share their experince abt it?

akane81

Im interested to try a ski resort in japan. Anyone has tried n can share their experince abt it?

I went to Niseko in Hokkaido in Dec 2015, I think I can safely say that it is one of the best ski resort in Asia, I went to Korea ski resort recently and it cannot be compared to the snow and ski slops of Niseko. There were a lot of Singaporeans when I went, the area has more than a few ski schools and lodging scattered around so its easy to pick up skiing and find your accommodation. Before I went, I did some research and came across this blog written by a Singaporean girl (https://beyondbanality.wordpress.com/2013/12/30/ski-niseko-travel-tips-info/), you can read her articles to get a better idea as its quite detailed. I managed to do a DIY trip to Hokkaido and Niseko and had been missing those ski slopes after the trip.

Sueho

Hi :)
Thanks for the info. Did you learn how to ski there? Both me & my partner are so keen to try that, but worry that it's too difficult to learn.

fairywoff

Hi :)
Thanks for the info. Did you learn how to ski there? Both me & my partner are so keen to try that, but worry that it's too difficult to learn.

If you are heading to Hokkaido, you can also check out Mount Teine ski resorts. It's closer to Sapporo city and easy to get to. They have schools too with instructors to learn from. Generally, you need to put in some time to learn skiing, but it is easier than snowboarding, that's for sure. Just be prepared for aching muscles and feet :p

jkwedding308

Not for honeymoon purpose but my hubby and I did spend a week of vacation in Tokyo + Osaka and the trip costs us less than $5k for both of us for the whole week including airfare and accommodations.. It's doable for anyone planning to visit Japan - just gotta spend a lil time and effort to customise and plan your itinerary and budget... ;)

I had spend 2 weeks in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto at $3300 each, consider really cheap and I also stay in Ryokan $400++ per night for 2 days in Kyoto.

Hi! possibke to share you itinerary? As i'm choosing between Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto or US/Europe for honeymoon. Thank you! :)

xinj

Forgot to add on, if you have the time and budget go to Finland... it's really romantic and much suited for honeymoon I felt. I had posted some pic in the thread below, everything at $5000 for 10D7N. Northernlight is really awesome!

https://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/northern-light-in-finland.32249/
Hi, did you mean $5,000 per person or $5000 in total for the both of you? Because at $5000 for both of you, that really is affordable! Which airlines did you fly by?
Thanks

SierraCD

JAPAN
If you are able to book earlier then generally you maybe able to get great savings on ticket, usually if you are able to book your tix approx 6months in advance and don't fly by popular dates you probably can get tix for 2 at 1.2k with ANA. I got ours for 1.4k.

Lodging-wise I used hotelscombined to search for good deals, try to get hotels/deals that do not require you to pay and has free cancellation. Afterwhich keep searching for better deals during your free time travelling to work and etc. If you spot an exceptional deal just take it even if it requires you to pay in advance, then just cancelled your previous hotel.

I like scouting for good deals at great hotels cause I was going to propose to my girlfriend during the trip.

FOOD
Food in Japan is generally cheap, the major spending will be on your air tickets and hotel or JR Pass if you intend to cross travel between prefecture.
Food such as fish and beef in Japan is exceptionally fresh compared to Singapore.

A Sashimi Maguro/Otoro Bowl in Singapore would easily cost $50 but we were able to find it of similar standard at around $12~$15.

Yoshinoya or Sukiya is also a must try as it taste way better than the Singapore version with better varieties and cost about $5 for a normal beef bowl with free flow green tea.

TRAVELLING
Also since JR Pass only serves the JR Company Line you have to take note that you will have to pay if you were to use lines by other company. However, I wouldn't worry as much since in Tokyo the JR Lines serves all the major tourist location. My fiance and I practically didnt pay for any train rides when we were in Tokyo, just flash the JR Pass and go.

Travelling within Kyoto, Nara and Osaka on the other hand was a different matter, although there is JR Line that allows you to travel between the 3 prefectures, you wont be able to use it for their local metro(travelling within Kyoto or Osaka or Nara).

Local metro was quite pricey even when using the passmo or suica cards(you can use either of them anywhere in Japan, both are their ezlink but with different names) and per ride can cost from $2.5~$6, if you are travelling within a single prefecture
(i.e travel within Kyoto).

SHOPPING
If you are more of a scenic person and want to visit places like Arashiyama or Fushimi Inari Taisha, you need not worry about bringing a whole lot of cash there to spend on shopping. We brought about $3kSGD (converted to yen of course) and it was more then plenty for the both of us, inclusive of our shopping for clothes at Uniqlo and GU, even souvenirs as well, we bought so much that we even had to buy an additional luggage on top of our 2 29 inch luggages.

Clothes at Uniqlo costs about 30% less then Singapore's price and if there's a sale its even better.

Our itinerary consisted of Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara for 8days.

Air tickets for 2 - 1.4k
Kyoto Hotel 4star 3nights - $380
Tokyo Hotel 5star 3 nights - $450
JR Pass for 2 - $720

KOREA
I can't really remember the exact costs we spent in Korea because it was about 2 years ago. However, I recalled having spent about 2.8k total on Lodging and Air ticket (Flew by Korean Air).

FOOD
Food cafe and restaurants in Korea is quite pricey compared to Singapore, unless you are looking at street food which is abundant around.

TRAVELLING
I can't really recall how much it is to travel in Korea, but I recall it is quite easy to find your way around metro in Korea.

SHOPPING
Shopping in Korea is probably heaven for females with insane deals all around from beauty products to clothes. Clothes with nice design and quality can range from $3~$20 if I remember correctly. We went during winter so they were clearing their autumn and summer season stocks.

ezfashion

JJ2812

if it is the 1st time trip to Japan you may refer to http://www.shuxianblog.com/8-days-7-nights-in-japan-itinerary-part-1/. I have a few parts of the Japan trip itinerary free & easy. I actually cover Osaka,Kyoto and Tokyo
Where as for korea,you can refer to http://www.shuxianblog.com/?s=Korea, or http://www.shuxianblog.com/12-days-11-nights-korea-itinerary-part-1/ where I have few parts of the korea trip itinerary free & easy for your reference. As fore Korea, seoul & jeju island.

Thanks for sharing

ChuPikaPikaChu

I'm also looking at going to Korea. The honeymoon will be around Feb 2019 because wedding is Dec this year. Is it worth it to go to Busan? Got ppl tell me its nice. Other ppl say don't waste time. Anyone can share experience?