HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

my_rock_baby

I like JunYang... his songs really "ting chu er you"
happy.gif

Actually I think the finals no need to call in to support liao. Because it will be a battle between the 2 recording companys. I am sure they will play the tickets behind since both parties very likely wanted to sign Kelly instead of William (easier to market Kelly to Taiwan)

my_rock_baby

U read the news recently? It says that the RULE has been set that there will be 2 recording company signing up the final 2 contestant (i.e. "Play Music"-> PM and "Huan Chui"-> HC). PM will be signing the winner and HC will be signing the 1st runner up. Also, these 2 recording company can choose to sign another contestant of the opposite sex. Since both company are targetting on signing Kelly (so that they can also sign up JunYang at the same time), so the reporters are speculating that PM will probably buy votes for Kelly to be the winner so that they can sign Kelly and JunYang. HC on the other hand, if they want to sign Kelly, they must make sure Kelly comes in 2nd, so in order to do so they will buy votes for WeiLian to make sure he comes in winner and Kelly 2nd. Like that HC can sign Kelly and JunYang liao!!! So u see, it is a battle between the recording company now.
Though both company say 'we will not buy votes or do this kind of thing, etc", but it is really very likely. because really no one expect WeiLian to be the final 2 right, frankly speaking. And it is really difficult to market WeiLian to Taiwan.

shuhann

hi starrynight,
sorry, me didn't log in during weekend..me dropped ur place on saturday, went in to take a look
happy.gif
2 men were working, ur house full of carpentry
happy.gif
like a few of ur lightings especially the one at the platform n passageway to the bedrooms..r u building a small island in ur kitchen next to the bathroom?

me not sure what is the final cost for the lightings installation coz me add quite a number of lighting points in the end..will let u know when i have the final cost..

btw, we most prob get ah keong to do one coffee table for us since we can't find anything we like..got to check out the price first with him..

shuhann

rachel,
me also spent almost 60k like u including furnitures, appliances,etc..
sad.gif
didn't keep track on our spending tats y we overspent so much..

gals, me using homo tiles also..i have a question : do u gals checked the lines in between the tiles; is there still some black lines or all are done up nicely in white? some of our tiles lines are still not properly done up (still wif black lines)..have mentioned to patrick a few times n each time he said it's fixed but still have the same problem..do u gals have any problem wif that?

shuhann

rockbaby,
yeap, me have alot of carpentry..easier to build then to buy..i feel that my living room very small coz i have the feeling the distance from sofa to tv will be quite close too..feel tat my furnitures too big for my small living/dining room..

the purple carpentry is in the masterroom, it's the headboard..designed by one of ah keong's designer..

matsu

Hi rachel,

Did u get the whole set of the 2 shower heads, ,tap, selector & the connecting piping yourself? Or did your contractor get them 4 u?

May i know where did u/he get them? thanks
happy.gif

camy

Shuhann,

Thanks for your comments. Ya, I like the lighting at the platform very much...look classy huh. The island is for my sink.

We add quite a lot of carpentry in the end. From your pictures, Think you remove one of the bamboo hanger for your bamboo is it? Are you shifting the position?

shuhann

starrynight,
wat r u intending to do with the platform? where will ur stove b?

the worker removed for us tentatively coz they need to install the cabinet..they have installed back but with shorter distance coz of the cabinet length..

rachelcheng

Shuhann,
If not for Patrick, we would have spent more! haha! Our limit is hit so can only wait to top up our salary b4 our second shopping spree!For the homo tiles, lines will get black no matter wat. Cos once you mop your floor, you bound to mop over the area and it will go black after some time. Unless you make an effort to mop one square by one square without touching on the lines...But quite happy with the tiling cos the gap is very small compared to my friend's homo tiles!

matsu,
I got them from poh joo. you can actually get it anywhere. I wont recommend poh joo cos alot of defective products upon delivery and we have to make few trips back for exchange. patrick install for me.

starrynight,
Share your photos when ready!

shuhann

rachel, me can only wait till dec when i got my bonus for the next shopping provided my wedding dinner didn't lose so much..my hubby kept asking patrick to refill the gap with the whitish thing..dun know how many times patrick did tat already..yeap, the gap very small but still can see the dark gap..mayb we too fussy..

alice5

Hi Rachel,
May I know what kind of floor detergent you use to maintain the home tiles ? Heard that it is difficult to maintain, particularly stain marks issue.

Any experience to share ?

camy

Shuhann,

Just a cozy corner for the platform....dun have much idea yet. As for my cooker, it situated right to the end of the kitchen.
Will be be available this weekend? I pop by can?

Rachel,
Sure, will definitely post it online......stay tune!

shuhann

starrynight,
we will be there on saturday coz my bed delivery will be on tat day n patrick n the rest of the gang (painter, tiler n electrician) will be there as well..once my bed is installed, they will paint a final round, do the skirting around the bed area n the last few lighting points..on sunday, will be there for final cleaning..

me staying in on monday..tats y patrick has to finish everything on saturday..

i saw some cabinet next to the bomb shelter wall, will ur tv b there or at the kitchen wall which u hacked?

camy

Wow that fast Shuhann. I'm wonder should I stay in, or stay during weekend only or stay after customary. When is your customary? Can check with you which brand of fridge did you buy? I a bit lost hearing different ppl recommending different brand.

Those are storage and display cabinets. My tv console will be at the wall which I hacked. Which brand of solid top did you choose? Patrick pass me 3 different brand, any recommendations?

pebsb

shuhann - the last pix I see is your bomb shelter feature wall with sliding door? Your hse nice nice. Got any quote to share?

Rachel - what pole sys are you using for your home? Ikea/Alumix etc? Got any Ho Bee quote to share pls?

Other Ho Bee customers - any hse pix / quote to share pls, for my consideration of them.

Thanks very much!! My email is [email protected]

shuhann

starrynight,
my customary is in dec..our thinking is that since we got the house already might as well stay in rather than wait till customary coz we have started paying the installment n town council..so it's a waste to leave the house empty..the date to move in was given by my feng shui master..

me bought mitsubishi brand for fridge..me also like u, in the begining so lost coz different people recommend different brand..so in the end, we juz choose a brand tat quite famous..likewise for other appliances..

hmm..which brand..gud qns..now tat u mention, then i remember we didn't take note of the brand coz patrick only showed us 1 type/brand..we juz choose the color..will check wif him on thurs n let u know..

r u using a L shape sofa? me fear my furnitures will make my place look small n the furnitures will look gigantic..wat abt ur side? me bought a 3 seater n an arm chair..

pebs,
me dun have softcopy..only hardcopy..thanx for ur compliment
happy.gif
the last pic is not bomb shelter feature wall, it's my master room walk in wardrobe feature wall n next to it it's a revolving door..

pebsb

Shuhann - ah, its your WIW. Nice pivort door - makes sense when U've space in front, but no space at side for sliding door. Also can hang full length mirror behind pivort door. Just be careful opening. Wait bang into someone standing outside..
happy.gif

shuhann

thanx pebs..patrick said too much space taken for sliding so advise to go for something else..hubby loves the pivot door..juz got to be careful..me will not be hanging the full mirror at the door, will hang on the wall inside the wardrobe since got quite a big space in there..

camy

Thanks Shuhann for sharing. Can I drop by on sat 11am to 12pm? I not using a L sofa due space constraint. I need to give my solid top choice to Patrick soon, either today or tml.

Hi alice,
The 3 solid top brand from patrick are Klassicut, Cresto and Bellus. Can we scratch? I have not try. Maybe tonight...

pebsb

I managed to find PAtrick's contact from an earlier post, and contacted him. He will show me 315A and 316A. From previous post, 315A is Shuhann's place (will match against the web photo
happy.gif
). As for 316A (between 10-20 floor)- I think that's Starrynite place?

Patrick also mentioned a Hougang & Punggol place, but owners shifted in. Hougang one must be rachel's place. But I told Patrick dont want to disturb owner
happy.gif

What a coincidence! I will see in real life those pix you gals have posted. Im sure its even better in real life.

shuhann

starrynight,
dun mention
happy.gif
i think patrick showed us cresto..remember seeing the name before..we never tried if it's scratch prove..but i've chosen white..like it very much

u can drop by anytime starrynight coz i will be there from 9:30am till evening..see u then
happy.gif
me want to see ur place too when it's almost done
happy.gif

pebs,
yeap, me at 315A..nothing special tho at my place but u can see the carpentry workmanship since mine are done..starrynight is indeed at 316A
happy.gif
when will u coming over to our place?
happy.gif

i think rachel or rockbaby mentioned tat one of the house in punggol very nice..mayb u can take a look
happy.gif
some owners may not mind
happy.gif
think patrick will be less busy after the 7th month, tats wat he told us..

camy

Shunhann,
Noted! Sure, you are welcome to see mine once it is done. Now like nutting interesting to see oso....I prefer to show you once my cabinets are all done up.

Pebs,
Yo, me at 316A. Mine oso nutting special. Just need to pay attention to the flooring and carpentry workmanship. When are you coming?

Just curious for all....how did you all know abt Ho Bee? Hmmm....for me, I recommended by my friend.

pebsb

shuhann - r u already staying in your flat? I will drop by on sat. Patrick mentioned that his workers are stationed at 315A on sat heh.

Punggol v nice ah? Have U seen it yourself? Now heart itchy, feel like seeing heh

shuhann

ok starrynight
happy.gif

i source for contractors from SB..i shortlisted only 2..impress21 n hoo bee.. met impress21, henry, but he didn't give me a gud impression..patrick gaves me a better impression..hehe
happy.gif
saw from impress21 tat got quite a fair bit of problem encountered by his workers..feel relieved to have chosen patrick instead..satisfied with his work and he is very helpful n nice too
happy.gif

pebs,
me haven't start staying there yet..me will be there on saturday..yeah, think all his workers will be there..all because of our king size bed..once our bed in, his men will start to finish all the final work coz me moving in on monday..wah, think on saturday, my house will be very happening..hehe
happy.gif

nope, me haven't see it..think u got to check with rachel if i am not wrong coz ah keong told her he is hiring a professional photographer to take pic of tat house..mayb u can check with patrick..

shuhann

rainman,
patrick is very busy..u can try calling him to remind him on the quotation..we did tat too..we called him every other day till we got our quotation..hehe..fyi, he do quotation only when he got "mood"..once he sat in front of the pc, he will do all the quotation at one go..continue calling him
happy.gif

aeina

i saw yr pics.. goodoo me didn't realise the link is up there... yur house is very worthy.. so much carpentary and yet only 33K. my friend spent 45K for that much carpentary work.

very nice house... nicely done up. i like it!!
happy.gif

rachelcheng

Wow! Onli two days not here so many posts liao!

Alice,
so far just use water, only 2-3 months so cannot tell yet.

Pebs,
The place I also not seen yet.. Dunno got chance to see or not. If you going bring a cam or ask the owner to share with us!

Starrynight
Me same as shuhhan, quoted by impress and ho bee, but lucky to have chosen ho bee.

rainman,
Patrick also promise to get back to me for my quotation and he didn't. Then I look around, compare around while waiting for him to get back to me. Still, he didn't. I called him to remind me again, he promise to get back soon, but still drag. Call in the third time( very thick skin) then he get back to me. Luckily I not in a hurry to renovate if not go crazy. By the way during that time, it was peak period near chinese new year..He dun mean to drag, he is really busy. He told me once, his priority is customers whose reno is in progress. If he cannot settle his existing customers, he will not go on to handle new customers. So you dun have to worry that once you signed the quotation, he will slack. Is the other way round. You read my initial post, Keep complaining that patrick dun seems to want my business, but now, he has completed mine!

shuhann

aeina,
thanx for ur compliment
happy.gif
mine juz yet another common house..45k is really alot..me always complaint in the begining mine is expensive, now i realized mine is so much cheaper for tat amount of carpentry n workmanship
happy.gif
no more complains..hehe

aeina, do u have pic to share too on ur house?

ws820l

Hi,

Just a secong revised quotation from Patrick. Approx 40K with a lot carpentary works. Wondering if it worth the dollar ? Whole house homotiles and full height wall tiles in kitchen and toilets.

any advice ? shall I negotiate further with Patrick ?

alice5

Hi My rock baby,

yr flat reno is very nice leh. So including furniture and kitchen stuff, how much the total bill comes to ?