HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

shuhann

thanx for the tips rockbaby..

hmm..i thot we are not allowed to spray water on the window unless its a raining day? me n hubby dare not do tat, so we waited for a rainy day..even patrick said not advisable to do tat coz neighbour downstairs will complain..

me didn't clean up the cabinet area..i think it's alright starrynight coz it will be fill up wif dust too when they installed them..

how many of them doing up ur place starrynight? mine had 4 in initial stage..now for touch up, only 2..

rachelcheng

Rockbaby,

You pay your last payment le? My last touch up will be done tomorrow or fri afternoon since I am not working, not sure if I should settle my last payment cos Patrick will be coming up ma.. Just worried if everything pay le next time got touch up or anything not easy to get them to come up, but hope that Patrick is not that kind of contractor lor.. Anyone has ever ask Patrick to do touch up or rectify after full payment?

mist

hi rock baby,

no worries with patrick. my house need some rectification after 1 yr, patrick still send his men down. somemore he already left darwin interior, his previous company.
happy.gif

rachelcheng

Hi mist,
you answered my question. Oh I see, that is great. I have decided to pay him tomorrow. My hubby is also quite confident that Patrick can be trusted.

my_rock_baby

eh he give 5 YEARS warranty (stated in the contract leh), of course he needs to come down and retify lah haaa, if not he not scare we sue him huh haaaa

Patrick said he will ask "handsome Keong" to collect from me heh heh ... got chance to "suan" Ah Keong again.... since he is coming I can ask him to help me move my disembled toilet bowl to the common dustbin haaaaa (must make him work to the last minute huh heeee)

camy

Shuhann,

I saw 4 men walking in and out.....but seem like only 2 of them concentrate on installation. The other 2 are helping them out. Does Patrick came and supervise during the installation? Or does he came over when everything is completed?

May I know what are the things to be touch up? care to share?

rachelcheng

Hey all, those interested in getting the stainless steel dustbin, carrefour is having sales! usual price for 12litre is 29.90 but selling at 15.90 now!

shuhann

patrick did came up to my place once a while to check on the progress but not sure how often coz at times when we called him, he said he is at our place or he is going up to our place..there were times when we need to point out something to him such as the position of the lighting or add ons, we will meet him there..same goes to ah keong..he wud be there whenever we want to meet him..since the installation is done by ah keong's workers, ah keong himself will go up more often but juz a quick one coz he got to go to lotsa place each day..pity him..

for my case for touch up are like applying silicone to every corner of carpentry work (not an easy job n it took very long for tat especially if u have lotsa carpentry), cleaning each of the cabinets, drawers, etc wif thinner (not sure if i spelled correctly - not easy also), applying the white thing along the homo tiles for my whole house, installing the last few downlights n dining n living lights, testing all the lights, the third n last time painting n polishing of tiles n cleaning the place for us..whenever ah keong not satisfied with anythin, he will ask his workers to touch up..hmm, not sure wat else, haven't been at my place since monday..not sure wat r they doing now..

starrynight, do u go up to ur place everyday?

camy

shuhann,

Ya, esp when there are on-going work. As stayed ard that area, I don't mind going up and see see look look after work.

Heard from Patrick that you installed a security system for you hse? Hmmm...may I know how much does it cost? How much did you spend for your whole reno then?

Patrick seem very fed up with us coz we keep changing our mind on this and that. Hehe...maybe we too fussy.

shuhann

yeap, we installed ADT, recommended by my hubby's colleague..we decided to install coz our area is still too quiet n in future, i might be staying quite often alone, so we thot for safety purpose, we will juz get 1..is abt 30+ monthly..the calculation goes like tis : $35 (monthly)x 36 (3 years) + $49 (1 time activation) x 5% (GST)..

our quotation is 33K, not sure wat is the final cost as we add some stuff during the reno..patrick said the most 1K extra..but i think shud be around 2K..

happielee

Hi Rachel! Wah sounds gd will check out the bins!

Heh Rachel & Rock baby, would you please email me Ah Keong's contacts pls? Thank you
happy.gif

shuhann

hi starrynight,
dropped by ur place yesterday but it's locked, nobody working..u r at 15th floor right?

my place almost done..but they break my solid surface top to adjust the pullout table from our kitchen cabinet..wah, so heartpain ah..last weekend, one of the worker accidentially broke our counter solid top into 2, me also heartpain, furthermore, me n hubby was watching him when tat happened..both of us dumbfounded when we saw tat..but ah keong said can fix..

rachelcheng

slgerman,
sent!

Shuhann, your house very nice esp the entrance, v unique. Think will be v impressive once furnitures up. You have alot carpentry! Wow and you only spend 33K? Thats v cheap lei.. yours is a 5room premium, standard or resale???

shuhann

rachel,
thanx..actually the entrance is abit different from wat we want, did asked ah keong if can change to our design but to troublesome, so we juz leave it..

yeap, we have alot of carpentry..33k ord very ex to us but u rite, its considered quite alrite wif tat amount of carpentry..mine is a 5room standard n new one..

hopefully the furniture will look alrite wif the house coz me n hubby dun like certain of the furnitures..we always bought things at a glance n after tat regret it..cannot change tis habit..haiz

camy

Shuhann,

What time did you go over? They did a chemical washing yesterday and that about all. Coz there is still some adjustment to the lightning. Ah Kheong say will wait till all that finished then he continue with the carpentary.

So that is the entrance you are talking about. Looks complicated to do leh. You really have a lot of carpentary yet it only 33K....not bad sia!

rachelcheng

Yup thats what i am refering to, the capentry! so many carpentry at this price really very worth it.. Mine only 3 carpentry which is the kitchen cabinet, WIW's two panel doors and platform..you have 8 of them if I din count wrongly haha!

shuhann

wah! rachel, thanx for highlighting to me..hehe
happy.gif
urs also around that right? 32k? hmm..how come so ex? ur study table, izzit done by ah keong or u bought it?

shuhann

starrynight,
me was there around 6+ to 7pm..is there still alot more carpentry for installation? did he say when will he be completing?

ya, complicated at the top joint..i think the design we want too complicated for ah keong, tats y he changed our design..to save the hassle, we juz leave it..

starrynight, how much is ur overall reno?

rachelcheng

Shuhann, no la, my reno is $26K excluding aircon, plastering works. I bought all my furnitures outside including study table and my pole systems. But considered your so many and nicely done carpentry, 33K is really very very worth it cos carpentry not cheap lei..You din choose the wrong contractor hehe.. My friend whose 4 room standard house with as many carpentry like yours cost him close to 40K! His contractor of course not patrick la.. He din know there is such thing call SB forum until I told him..

shuhann

rachel,me haven't got the final quote yet..hopefully i dun faint ah when i see tat..wow! 40k,tats alot..mine not included furnitures, appliances, n aircon..i dare not even calculate the exact figure on how much i've spent for the house overall..how abt u?

camy

Shuhann,

oh, think they finished washing and left. Initally they wanna to mount it without chemical washing, which I found that it inapporiate so we check with Patrick. Soon, he ask his guys to remove all the cabinet and wash the kitchen first. So think they have to start all over again. Whereas those in the bedroom remain untouch. Hopefully can finished by next week.

With the design it look nice too....Ah kheong really crack his head to look for ideas....thumb up for him!

My reno cost 27K, excluding my marble, coz i source myself. Think I will end up ending a few more thousands like you! Hehe...

shuhann

starrynight, they really removed all the cabinet, clean the floor n re-install again? WOW! dun know wat to say..
happy.gif

may drop by ur place tomorrow coz most probably will start some cleaning tomorrow especially on the cabinet..patrick will be helping us wif the home theatre installation next week..

but patrick did the flooring for u right? how much did he charged for labor?

gals, any idea where or what to put newspaper n magazines?

camy

Ya Shuhann. Amazing right! I was shock to see that when I pop over last night. Luckily they have not put on the silicon yet. Wow, happy on the other side coz I very particular about cleanliness. When I saw them mounting my cabinet without cleaning which then I posted asking you about this earlier on.

What time are you popping by? I not sure if I'm going over tml.

Ya he did the flooring, charging me about 2K+. How much did he charge for installing all the lighting for you?

Did you buy a coffee table for your papers and mag?

rachelcheng

Shuhann,
My friend's 40K exclude furniture, just reno alone.. He regretted anyway cos he has some problem with the contractor. I spent in total 60K plus which includes every single thing that belongs to our house like washing machines etc according to my spreadsheet if I din left out anything. Must keep track if not overspent. My newspapers and mag I put them in a rack in my study room. You can get those magazine rack everywhere..

my_rock_baby

Outside selling those magazine/newspaper rack, quite cheap. I think saw a few in IKEA, vhive, etc. Alternatively if u don't want your newspaper or magazine in sight, u can buy those coffee table with drawers so u pack everything inside.

shuhann

rockbaby,me still haven't found a nice coffee table yet..tats y got to find something to put those stuff..will look around for it..thanx
happy.gif

my_rock_baby

Hi shuhann, u really have a lotttt of carpentry
happy.gif
. Your living room seems BIG (bigger than mine... mine is sort of narrow so distance between sofa and TV pretty close). btw, that purple carpentry, what is that? wardrobe or feature wall or ..?

my_rock_baby

hey people,
I just saw on the wan bao that Brighton is having UP TO 70% discount on their furniture, till 4/9!!! hmm, my colleague just bought from them and said their furniture is cheap and good (er don't know how good since I haven seen it before) and also their delivery is puncture (most important). They have a few branches :

72 Geylang Lorong 23
Tel : 67446443
10am to 10pm

745 Toa Payoh Lorong 5
Tel : 62581588
10am to 10pm

Blk 201 Henderson Industrial Park
Tel : 62760116
10am to 10pm

46 Sungei Kadut Avernue
Tel : 62695009
10.30am to 8.30pm

I'm going to the Toa Payoh branch tomorrow to see any good wardrobe available.

rachelcheng

Just settled my last payment!haiz.. the last rectification unsuccessful cos the stain on homo tiles no matter how hard patrick's effort to remove, still there...

matsu

Dunno if this help but i used to have quite a big bad stain on my homo tiles too & my contractor teached me a method.

Lay a pic of tissue paper on top of the stain then pour some bleach on it. Just leave it there till the stain is gone, may take days. But u may want to try on a small patch of the stain 1st, just in case.

my_rock_baby

just went to Brighton today and bought a wardrobe for $1000. Made of solid wood, sliding door (frosted), 5ft 4 inches length, 8ft height (almost touch ceiling).

So funny, the Toa Payho showroomhas a very BIGGGGG sofa set at the entrance, I think it is for display only. My son looks likes a little dwarf beside the sofa
happy.gif

my_rock_baby

today Ah Keong came to my house to collect payment. He even help me to remove my toilet bowl and that BIG ROLL of cardboard
happy.gif
.... then he saw my main gate lock has those green rusty thing on it, he ask me to use "cooking oil" to rub it.... hmmmm first time I heard can use cooking oil haaa.

my_rock_baby

Got this from email
happy.gif

--------------------------------
PHILIPS CARNIVAL SALE is back!!!

This is an absolutely must not miss chance of grabbing quality products
at incredible prices! With products ranging from LCDs, Plasma, CRT Flat
TVs, Audio Systems, DVD Recorders, DVD Players, MP3 Players, Headphones,
Home Theatre Systems, PC Monitors, Clock Radios, Light Bulbs, Shavers,
Hairdryers, Iron, Vacuum Cleaners, Toasters, Juicers, Kettles, Blenders,
Mobile Phones, Long Range Digital Cordless (DECT) Phones.... you would be
simply spoilt for choice!

What's more, there are also baby products on offer such as Baby Monitor,
Room & Bath Thermometer Set, Bottle Warmer, Magic Theatre & In Touch
Address Recorder. To top it off, you could opt for the 0% interest free
installment plan * for your purchases.

So, what are you waiting for? Quick, spread the word!!

Philips Carnival Sale
10-11 September 2005
9:30 am - 6:00 pm

at
Philips Electronics Singapore
620A Lorong 1 Tao Payoh

* Terms & conditions apply

rachelcheng

So who will you support? Hehe.. I also chase from day 1 leh.. By the way I am a fan of WL and JY, so either of them got into the finals I will be happy. Now concentrate to support WL and prepare to vote for him on 1st sept.