HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

rachelcheng

Entrance and walkway

303095.jpg
303096.jpg

bearyhugs

Hi Rachel,
Congrats to the completion of your reno! Wow.. your hse is really beautiful. But I do see the same similar bamboo concept as ours too except that yours has fewer poles
happy.gif

Ah keong was mentioning to us that he did one really nice hse in Punggol and he was engaging some pros to take pictures, has to be your hse already lah... show us your bedroom pics once ready! But noticed that you din have any sound system? Is yours a five rm or exec?

hello88

Hi Rachel,

wow, ur house is nicely done up. Must be very happy with the outcome from Ho Bee and we eagerly await for the whole series to be uploaded. hey, yours a standard or premium flat?

congrats!

rachelcheng

beary, the house ah keong mentioned is not our house cos ours is at hougang. We got the bamboo idea from you leh!! Will set up the photo link once done which include pics of whole house..

Hello,
Its a 20yrs old 5 room resale flat, yup quite happy with Ho bee
happy.gif

my_rock_baby

Congrats Rachel, finally all your worries gone
happy.gif
Nice house. The furniture also very nice
happy.gif
btw the small TV really looks too "cute" in the living room liao ... heee
happy.gif
and the chinese writing on the living room wall... is it written on the wall or what? someone wrote it on the wall for you? I especially like the small pieces of "display furniture" you have got, eg the small window at the dining room.

rachelcheng

Hello,
My place is at Hougang st 22.Which contractor did you engaged?

Rockbaby,
My worries not all gone yet cos there are still minor touch ups to be done and am still waiting for patrick to see when he will be free cos he is quite busy recently.. But I am moving in le. The small TV is a temporary solution haha.. Stolen from old place. The chinese characters were writen by a caligrapher engaged in China town area. Displayed features hmmm... Still searching for more hehe..

bearyhugs

Hi Rachel,
That's interesting to get a caligrapher to write on the wall. How much did u pay for that?
Do agree that the tv is a little too small for your overall nice hse. haha...never mind, tat's not impt if you and HB are not TV addicts unlike both me and my HB who are movie addicts and spend our weekends watching DVDs.

rachelcheng

Beary,

I paid $250 for that and honestly speaking, it is considered cheap cos normal wall hung painting of that size should cost more than that!

my_rock_baby

Rachel, check with you, how much it cost to do the wooden bind at your dining area? Is it easy to maintain? Is it really wooden or it is like plastic (can bend) but brown in color? I am thinking of doing one for my own bedroom. But I only worried that it trap dust easy and I have to keep on dusting it (cannot stand dust haaa).

ej faster upload more picture of your room and KITCHEN especially. I love to see kitchen
happy.gif

acer27

Hi Rachel,

Really like your house, how much did you renovate your place? can share with me your quotation if you have a soft copy.

I think your house is the same layout as mine just that it is an mirror image.
happy.gif

Can I ask is your kitchen just next to ur dinning area? if yes.. i see that you did a platform for your dinning area..so did u do a step down to ur kitchen?

Thanks.

[email protected]

rachelcheng

Rockbaby,

Forgot how much it cost but its from spotlight, patrick install for us. Think cos around 100++, wooden blind, not plastic, maintain shd be ok lah.. Bedroom and kitchen still in a mess so not yet taken hehe... Soon, soon.

Acer,
I dun have a soft copy cos I am holding the hard copy which I have signed. Renovation alone cost around 30K but include furniture, aircon etc total cost close to 60K.. Yes, kichen is just beside the dining and ther is a stepdown.

shuhann

Hi Rachel,
ur house is very nice
happy.gif
i like those buddha's painting u have..me and hubby saw some of them at Holland V. Where did u get urs? May I know how much is it? my hubby likes one of the buddha painting which has 9 pieces in 1 painting but it cost thousand plus ah..hope to look for a cheaper one and buy for him coz he likes it very much..

Starrynight,
i can't remember what is the name of the color..will lookout for the exact name on the paint book tonight n let u know..i find the color very nice after painted on the wall
happy.gif
bright and fresh..

in the begining, he had headache with our kitchen cabinet coz we are requesting for a pullout table from the cabinet joint, he took a week or so to come out with the design..another headache he is having now is the 3 pillars at our entrance..he still having problem with adjusting the angle till now..think he is doing is this week..

ah keong is indeed a nice guy..he will talk about everything under the sun
happy.gif
we went over to his factory last weekend and look at our carpentry..he is also so busy till he got to clean the waste left by his worker and slept at 4am the night before..pity him ah..

his men supposed to transport our carpentry to our place on monday but it was raining..they are installing the carpentry today..ah keong said takes one week..we ask patrick to handover on 20/8..hope can be done..i wish to move in right after the chinese 7th month..

starrynight,
has ah leong started on your carpentry?

aeina

Rachel,
Yr house is soooooo nice. Did u use laminated flooring or parquet? Can see u really put in lot of efforts. Wow... i must say i m the lazy one. supposed to source for decorative staff for my house but i haven't got time and spare $$ for now. After my big day, i will start sourcing for painting and decorative things. all these little things does make huge diff to do up the house..

I love the buddha painting and all yr deco stuff. very nice!!!! If u got chance, u should go up to bangkok for shopping... they ve all sort of things suitable for yr house theme. Do show us yr kitchen and bedroom pics soon. Can't wait.

rachelcheng

Shuhann,

My 4 pcs buddha paining cost $300++ convert to sing dollars. I bought them in KL during an exhibition, not sure if its considered cheap, but shd be lah.. I think most prob I will be going to Bangkok during dec so will get more deco stuffs from there.

aeina,
Mine is laminated.. kinda regretted cos parquet is more stable i feel..

my_rock_baby

wow Rachel, ended up your decorative stuff more expensive than your furniture liao??!!
happy.gif
But then so long the effect come out is nice, expensive also must .... BUYYYYY ... I always think "buy now rather than regret later" hee.

rachelcheng

Deco can move later ma, reno cannot. So we would rather spend on something that we can bring with us when we move house next time loh..I think we will stick to the same theme in future.

shuhann

hi gals,
need ur opinion, do u really think it's not gud to move in dirung the chinese 7th month? what will happened if we do that?

hello88

Hi shuhann,

generally, chinese do not move house during 7th month. But if you're fine with it then go with your heart. But would advise u to do so after 7th month if u have just a tiny little bit of worries about moving during 7th month.

pebsb

Rachel - whree did you get your bamboos & pot from? How much did you pay for them? Are they alive or fake? Need to put in soil/water? What's inside the pot to hold the pole upright?

rachelcheng

Hihi Pebs,

I bot the bamboos from farm mart at choa chu kang. the pots were from Barang Barang. I paid $75 in total for the bamboos and the pot cost $60 in total during sales.Installation by ah Keong.I also bot pebbles to install the bamboos.They are real bamboos but has no life lah, only put pebbles and no soil/water.

kopi_siudai

Hellooo Rachel ...,

Your decorative bamboos look a lot like my bamboos for hanging clothes. Mine cost $1.70 each from the HDB heartland. Comes in different laminated colours. Got red, blue, green and yellow! Hee hee hee, I'm just being cheeky. Kidding only. No offence hor.

But seriously, if I were to buy the decorative bamboos from Farm Mart, do you think I can transport them back in my car?

Otherwise, does Farm Mart do delivery at a cost? What do you think?

sugarsugar

hi rachel,

your house is really very fantastic!!
somemore i tink quite cheap and worth the money =)

hi kopi,

just to side-track abit since you mentioned about bamboo poles for hanging clothes.... where is HDB heartland?? the toa payoh one? or rather which exact shop did you get from?
is the bamboo pole better than the aluminium one for hanging clothes?

camy

Shuhann,
Sure, do keep me inform. I think I also pick such a colour. Just afraid that it will turn out to be a different shade. Indeed it is very bright and vibrant.

I hear him saying that he got diffculties on the divider at your foyer. Do you have a particular angle you want to fix it? We also impose a difficult task for him about our door....wonder if patrick got tell you this before.

Oh, so you went over to see your carpentry? Hmmm....did you suggested it or he invite you over? So I believe that yours is completing soon. Can we drop by once your house is done up?

I not sure if he had started it....think so coz he promise us by 20/8, they will finished installing.

hello88

Hi Rachel,

ID? My friend doing up my reno for me. Initially, i also got a quote from Patrick but dropped Ho Bee because my friend's an ID and I could 'squeeze' her for more discounts...hehe
happy.gif

but I can see that Patrick had done up all your flats nicely and at very reasonable price. He sure a busy busy man nowadays....courtesy of SingaporeBrides forum.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

shuhann

hello88,
thanx..me want to move out from my current place asap, tat's y thinking of moving in right after my house is done..come to think of it, maybe play safe and move in only after 7th month..

starrynight,
me was looking at the ici book earlier, can't remember whcich color i chose, will ask hubby n let u know next week..at first me also afraid all the colors i've choosen turn out not nice, but in the end quite satisfied wif them
happy.gif

actually, we wanted the 3 pillars to stretch to the ceiling, juz like a "L" shape, but it will stretch to different sizes on the ceiling, so the problem is ah keong has to adjust the angle at a 45 degree so tat the pillars are sturdy..not sure how to explain, sorry ya..u r most welcome to drop by our place
happy.gif
will keep u inform once our place completed..me want to view ur place too, can?
happy.gif

patrick didn't tell us about ur door, we didn't see him for quite some time already, only liase with ah keong..wat is it with ur door?

patrick was the one suggested us to go to the factory to see our carpentry..so we juz popped by..

did u call ah keong to check on ur carpentry? try to call him and check with him, tat's wat we did too, every now n then we call him n check with him..dun call patrick coz he is too busy n furthermore ah keong is in charge of carpentry so ask him personally better..ah keong did told us ur completion date but he said most probably not able to finish by then..please dun tell him i told u tis..juz check with him on ur carpentry progress..

rockbaby,
the address u gave us for the AMK furniture shop..may i know where is the place roughly? izzit near interchange? me want to look for some furniture..

gals,
anyone know where i can source for a chair for my study table? those like office chair with higher back rest..thanx

my_rock_baby

Hi shuhann,
The shop is just beside the old AMK swimming pool. It is not near interchange (a few busstop away to be exact). It is near Bishan Park though.

camy

Shuhann,

Sure, you are most welcome and come and take a look.

Patrick is real busy till sometime I feel that he don't really care. He just throw us to his worker and let us settle everything. Oh the door, is actually my master bedroom door. We do not cater lockset on the other end for locking of the door so need to get a door with a lock that lock onto the ceiling. Ah Keong is suppose to source for it but till now, he have not found any. Oh dear, in that case, I don't know what to do. Just hope that he is able to find one.

We called him yesterday to check on certain item but never ask him on the progress...Arghh....cannot finished! He actually promise us that and now......empty promise..sob sob.

Have you got to know any neighbour....i have not seen mine yet.....

aeina

Hi Rachel,
Laminated is better than parquet in my opinion. parquet very easily scratched. In addition, got to polish evey few yrs and so dusty and troublsome. laminate is so easy to maintain. heh heh.. i got laminate for 3 bedrooms too. I like the platform done for u. very classy... still got a step area.. very nice. is that yr idea?

gerbera99

hi everyone, just bought a unit at blk 36 last sunday...still very excited n have been keen to find more info abt Quintet ever since...
...feel great to be part of the community already...

just one question here, does the apartment comes with the built in shoe cabinet beside the main door...saw it in the showflat but no mention of it under the specifications in brochure

rachelcheng

Kopi, for the bamboos they are actually cut into half cos too long. I can squeeze the bamboos into the car cos mine is those type 5 doors car so it was inserted thru the back door and placed vertical instead of horizontal. If yours is a salon car then I think cannot fit le.. but can try la. Not sure of the delivery, but if you ask patrick to deliver for you, should be free le
happy.gif

Aeina,
The step for the platform is my hubby's idea
happy.gif

acer27

hi Racehel,

do you have pics for your bathroom? coz ur house and mine is the same. and the bathroom in the MBR is rather small, dont know how to redesign it.

hello88

Hi Rachel,

ya, hope u'll post more pics of your house as your house very beautifully done up. By the way, yours is considered a 5I or 5A?

bearyhugs

Hi Shuhann,
U can try getting office chairs from Vhive at Great World City (their biggest outlet). We got ours from there too.

Hi Kopi,
We got Patrick and Malcom to help us transport our bamboo though I'm driving a MPV. But we bought many more compared to Rachel, Rachel should know since she's seen my hse pics. Ours was a series of ard 12 bamboo total embedded in a planter box which we specially got Ah keong to do for us. In fact, our bamboo had to be transported in two trips even though Patrick was driving his lorry!
happy.gif

aveyron

Hi Rachel,
Your house is really nice! Love the calligraphy on the wall. Might be considering that too! Really fits in with the whole concept.
My house reno is done. Now left with the furnishings, but I guess my house will look more comtemporary, not so Zen-like in yours as my renovation was quite minimal. Will have more loose furniture.

rachelcheng

Acer,
the other pics not ready yet cos still in a mess, all the bedrooms, kitchen look like storerooms with lots of barangs lying everywhere cos we are shifting our stuffs in there and then and no time to unpack cos busy lah..Ho Bee have no website and with the publicity here, dun think he will need one lah! I have never been to his office, jus called him to come to our place to take measurements and quotation..His charges is really very reasonable.

hello,
mine is 5I.

avey,
do share your house photos. Is it done by ho bee?

my_rock_baby

hi bearyhugs,
I want to ask you, you have use the wooden bind (from spotlight) for quite sometime already. How u think about it? good to use? will it give u problem like those plastic ones last time, when u pull the string sometimes one side is up while the other side no effect? Also, will the wooden bind cause the room to be dark even if u did not close the vent?
sorry for asking so much, because really like the wooden bind but never use before (except in my office last time... those really give me problem).

hello88

Hi my rock baby,

thanks. Earlier browse through and pai seh as realised that u have indicated the price before. By the way, did u booked your furniture with S & C a month before moving in? Actually not sure when we should order our furnitures