HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

hello88

Hi my_rock_baby,

TOYOGO sells all the plastic containers, 4-tier plastic cabinets, baskets, pails, plastic flower pots, files, catering stuff, household accessories etc..they're more like a wholesaler supplying stuffs to NTUC, Cold Storage, Carrefour, Giant, etc.... Nevertheless, they also entertain walk-in customers (in fact many walk-in customers). They are located along Lor 8 near to Nissan and Exklusiv (Renault commerical) showroom. Dunno the block but its 100?, one of the industrial blocks.

my_rock_baby

oic thanks
happy.gif
will check it out. I have this same product at my mother's place which I have been using for the last 15 years
happy.gif
... had to help my mum mop the floor since primary 6 and she bought this for me. So easy to squeeze out the water from the mop
happy.gif

hello88

wow, u started mopping the floor since P6? U must be very good at housework. Anyway, I thought its quite bulky and more for commerical usage?

my_rock_baby

I'm the only daughter, so have to help
sad.gif
. I can do housework well, BUT I don't like it. This item really make mopping floor easy. I don't like those normal type that u used to put on top of the pain and squeeze. The mop just won't get dry enough. Even my son now love to help me squeeze the mop dry using the eringer
happy.gif
(haaa can train him to mop floor then he can take over the job when he is P6 heee)
btw, my mum told me she bought this for $200+ 15 years ago haaa.... I wonder how much the price now.

my_rock_baby

hey gals...
I just been to see my house and saw that my main gate is a color that I cannot tahan
sad.gif
... it is the color of "zhu gan" --> pig's liver!! hai~~ all my fault. At first I ask Patrick to paint my main gate and main door using Honeycomb, which the rest of my bedroom door also this color. Then seeing that I am a bit "unconfident", Patrick painted the main gate Honeycomb and left the main door unpainted so I have more time to think. After consulting my Feng Shui master, he said ask me to maintain the same HDB door color. So Patrick use "slat" (spelling correct?) to paint main door. After painting, the door looks very nice, BUT the main gate color don't match now. So I ask Patrick to paint the main gate color to Rustic. And guess what, just now went to see my house with my parents and we almost laugh until siao. The color turn out to be a "zhu gan" color ... alamak! Guess I need to top up some $$$ and ask Partrick to help me repain the gate again. This time I will tell him "eh I want a color same as my main door OR a nice matching one"... don't dare to give him any paint code based on the book, because even though I am 100% sure the color is matching, come out the effect is like ...eKKKKKKKK.

my_rock_baby

celia,
I just saw the bucket pail that I am looking for in one of the "wu jin" shop in AMK
happy.gif
... they selling for $50+ nia, same as the yellow one that I posted in my previous message
happy.gif
... so happy, my problem solved liao. At least now I know that "wu jin" shop do sell such thing, I can go and racky around to see any shop selling NICER looking one
happy.gif

my_rock_baby

These are the remaining 2 pieces of glass door install in my house
happy.gif
I guess after the acid wash and installing of accessories, my reno should be ALL completed ... yahoo!!
289669.jpg
289670.jpg

booboo

Hi my_rock_baby,
May I know how much u pay for the glass door at the right picture? I plan to have one in my house, just not sure will it be very X.

my_rock_baby

It was written $400 for the glass door in my kitchen. But I think I need to ask Patrick again, because my showerscreen is $380 (haaa funny right, shower screen bigger but cheaper). I heard him said before if u want a "spring" garget on your glass door (the glass door will auto swing back to the middle line after u release the handle), it will be more expensive. Maybe the $400 charge here includes that, but I have told him that I don't want the door to auto swing back, due to safety reasons for kids.
See I so blur ... sign contract also blur blur.

btw, so happy today. Just called Patrick to tell him about the "zhu gan" color of my gate and he said he will paint it again (using the rod iron tarnish color) FOC for me haaa
happy.gif

ssb

hi rockbaby,

will the mop system be too bulky to keep? my office cleaner using it & it's quite big!
crazy.gif

my_rock_baby

yes this item is bulky. I intend to keep in the bomb shelter
happy.gif
. I saw one that is smaller, BUT don't think it is easier to use. This bulky one very easy to use. No choice lah, I see my mother one can use for 15 years I die die also must buy one for my own house, if not I don't know how to mop the floor liao heee

bearyhugs

Hi rockbaby,
Can speak to Patrick again. I doubt he would charge you for repainting your door again. By the way, Toyogo is at Lor 8 toa payoh. After TP polyclinic, go past the Tan Chong Motors repair centre and you would see Toyogo on the right. Actually, there are only cheap plastic stuff there and you can easily get them from places like Carrefour too. No need to go all the way there. I went there twice but only got some plastic pails. Tat's abt all.

I'm using the scotch brite mop which I have thumbs up for. Easy to wring dry and mop with ease too...

my_rock_baby

ya bearyhugs, as "expected", Patrick say no need to pay extra haaa. I hope this time round the "rod iron tarnish" look will turn out ok ..

my_rock_baby

one more question, for those of u with full panel windows, how do u clean the outside of the lower panel window (since cannot open). Do u buy those long long kind of brush to clean? Any brand specifically that is good to use?

shuhann

rockbaby,
hmm..now that you mentioned about cleaning the lower panel window, i wonder too what shud we use to clean it..do you think the magic clean broom will be able to reach and clean them?

bearyhugs,
are u still around? actually i pm u ord, but not sure where shud i retrieve it if u reply..actually i wanted to ask u did you got a projector for ur wedding dinner? if yes, did u rent it coz MC dun provide? may i have the contact? thanx..

mageous

can anyone tell me if they encounter any delay with the handling over from Patrick? my renovation is already 2 weeks late, not even sure if I'm getting my flat done this week or not.

my_rock_baby

haven handover... I am left with those small items installation not done :
toilet accessories, mirrors, 1 dining hanging lights, bedroom door handles, water heater, etc...

He already done the acid wash of the house. I can finally start my "spring cleaning" of the house
sad.gif
... I can't wait to move all my things into the house because I have bought a lot of things for the new house, now all jam in my old house ...

bearyhugs

Hi rockbaby,
Congrats to your near completion of your hse. Looks really nice too. By the way, Patrick usually does all the installation himself. He one man show for all.

rachelcheng

Rock baby, same here! I have stuffed my old house with so many things for my new house that I could hardly walk or search for things.. Very excited when going shopping, keep looking out for things for the new house and ended up buying so many things..

my_rock_baby

helo,
today I have wash ALL the windows and carpentry of my new house
happy.gif
... wow lau, never know cleaning window so terok one
sad.gif
... somemore mine is white window aiyo lagi worst. Found a "defects" today ... my sink tap is dropping off, after using the tap for errrr 5 times HAHAHAHA.
I can finally move ALL my barang barang to the house next week!!!!
happy.gif
yipee!!!

My dining lights is finally up
happy.gif

290768.jpg
290769.jpg

my_rock_baby

To get a quotation, u can just send your requirement to the email address above, attached your floorplan if u have any.
Then drop an sms to the above HP number (this HP number belongs to the boss called Patrick) to tell him give u a quote based on your requirement.

catty79

hi hi...

Is ho bee a contractor or ID company? i m in the mist of getting a ID for my hse.. Can someone comments on this company? are they good, price resaonable and the workmanship??

thanks in advance..

hi4

Can any kind soul share some pics and quotation for a 5 rm standard done by Ho Bee?

Beary, can I have some pics of your bamboo concept home? Thanks!

irenep

hi my_rock_baby,

Nice !! How much did u spend for yr reno ?

Just wan to check how much u spent on yr coffee table & where u bought it.

I did email to Ho Bee for a quote but it has been a mth & I still hv not receive any reply fm them.....

my_rock_baby

H Irene,
I paid Patrick about $18K.
I got my coffee table @ $380 from :

S & C Furniture Dynamic
Blk 338 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 St 32 #01-1647 S(560338) Tel : 65525208 Boss Name : Melvin Tan

They carries quite a collection of ZEN furniture. Their price very reasonable and the boss also give good discount. best is, their delivery partners are very good also.

I read in the forum so many people kena poor delivery service for furniture, so was very scare.... But luckily all my furniture arrive with no problem. In fact, most of them ask to come very early (some as early as 8am siao right!)

btw, if u really need to do the house urgently, then maybe you got to rush Patrick a bit, because I understand that he is veryyyy busy now. And the last time I see him 1 week ago, he is having bad flu (somemore he so good come to my place to do installation).

hello88

Hi my_rock_baby,

visited the furniture shop at S & C earlier. They don't have much furnitures in the shop and there's another one just 2 doors away. Anyway, the lady was really very friendly and we're quite interested in the platform bed there. She promised to give us good discount. The best thing was she's not pushy and didnt show a face when she knew that we were making enquiries about the furnitures. She was really helpful. That's great sales service.

Thanks for introducing such a great shop over this forum.

by the way, u only got the table and TV console from S & C?

chilladi

Hi Irene,

dont be sad, i'm also same case as u, sent him email, call him to remind him also end up no quote frm him ah.. tsk tsk.

no fate lor.

.chil.

my_rock_baby

hi celia,
I bought the following from S & C :
- coffee table
- TV console
- children single size bed
- 2 single sixe spring mattress
- children wardrobe
total spent $1500 (after the boss give discount)

my_rock_baby

Hi Mageous,
Just wondering how come you said Ho Bee's standard no good? Your house is done by them also? Any problem with it, maybe you want to tell us?

mageous

Hi rock baby,
yes my house is done by ho bee. i don't want to list down all the things that I'm unhappy with, all I can say is that it is not up to the standard that I expect from ho bee as he is highly recommended here. Although he did try to reticfy the problems when mentioned to him, the rectification is still sub-standard. my house was 3-4 weeks delayed from the promised completion date.

hello88

Hi my_rock_baby,

intend to have a closer look at your coffee table but not much furniture were displayed at S & C since its a small shop. So u actually ordered those stuff by browsing thru the pic? The lady said we could also place mattress from them by giving the model and brand name as they could source it for us and give discount.

my_rock_baby

Hi celia,
actually hor, I seen Bearyhug's house picture and I really love her TV console and coffee table. So when I happen to see it in S & C, I so happy. It is almost 100% same as hers
happy.gif

Now I see the real thing, no regrets, it is just exactly what I want
happy.gif

my_rock_baby

I guess everyone will be happy to see their after renovated house with furniture.... at last spenting so much money can see something that truely belongs to you
happy.gif

bearyhugs

Hi rockbaby,
Saw your coffee table. Think it really look the same as mine. We bought our TV console and coffee table for $800. Saw your TV console with rollers but ours is not with rollers

my_rock_baby

Hi beary,
actually they also carries another TV console that from one look really 100% like yours, but if look closely at the picture, there is a funny partition to connect the 2 piece, so funny because the design of the TV console is to "Separate" the 2 piece. So in the end I had to choose the one with the roller. Luckily the rollers they give is the nicer type, not the obit round type haaa. I just hope it will not rust over time (haiz... another thing to maintain!)