Help on tea ceremony questions

DJ2016

Need advice on the tea ceremony:

Is it a must to serve tea to all the relatives? As mine is a lunch, it might be hard to serve tea to all due to time constraints cos i am also having my solemnisation before the lunch? How??? Anyone faced same problem as me? Was thinking maybe of proposing to serve immediate family only.

Or anyone can share how they manage to squeeze fetch bride, gate crash, tea ceremony, rom and lunch in the few hours will be much appreciated.;)

Bunny26

Hi there, I'm also worried for my wedding lunch event. One alternative is to ROM on a separate day, it will free up around 30 mins for you. For tea ceremony it's better to consult your parents, think the elders (non-immediate family) may feel strange or left out if they are excluded. If you don't mind, heard some people do tea ceremony after lunch banquet ends. Good luck planning!

DJ2016

Not doing the ROM on separate day cos that is going to an extra headache to plan..LOL. So will be bit rush. Wondering how long will the tea ceremony takes.

Another plan that comes to mind is split the tea ceremony. The groom side will be served after rom before lunch and bride side will be after the banquet.

Casslow

Not doing the ROM on separate day cos that is going to an extra headache to plan..LOL. So will be bit rush. Wondering how long will the tea ceremony takes.

Another plan that comes to mind is split the tea ceremony. The groom side will be served after rom before lunch and bride side will be after the banquet.

Yes! my cousin wedding the Tea ceremony was done after the banquet , but i think u gotta pay extra hours for your photographer and videographer if you want them to capture your tea ceremony?

FeronnaC

My friend also faced the same problem previously. So what she did was to fit everything in her schedule by arranging for all the tea ceremony to be at the hotel.

Morning she will start prep for her big day with make up starting at around 5.30am. Following that will have the gate crash around 8am. Then will not have any tea ceremony which usually people have at the bride's place but rush down to the groom's side sit for about 20 to 30mins then she will leave for the hotel to change and start all the tea ceremony while the sisters and brothers help to usher the guest into the dinning hall.

FeronnaC

It is advisable to serve tea to all the relatives as a form of respect. But if they are late or never come then can make do without.

DJ2016

How much time should i allocate for tea ceremony for say each couple relatives that we need to serve tea to ? I am having it at the hotel... o_O

How much time should i allocate for tea ceremony for say each couple relatives that we need to serve tea to ? I am having it at the hotel... o_O

I'm having it at the hotel too. According to my coordinator, about 1.5 mins per couple. Make sure that the hotel provide someone to wash and pour the tea for you.

DJ2016

I checked with my hotel coordinator. She said she can loan us a teaset and a staff to assist us. 1.5min sounds doable. But if there are relatives who r late, we can just skip and move on to the next couple right? my mum said tea ceremony is optional and up to the relatives if they want participate.

I checked with my hotel coordinator. She said she can loan us a teaset and a staff to assist us. 1.5min sounds doable. But if there are relatives who r late, we can just skip and move on to the next couple right? my mum said tea ceremony is optional and up to the relatives if they want participate.

Yup! I told my relatives to come at 1015 when my tea ceremony is at 1030. If they are late I will just skip.