Grand Hyatt or W Singapore for dinner banquet

weddingshow

Hi ladies, I'm looking at around 25-30 tables for wedding dinner banquet on a public holiday. We want a top-tier 5 star hotel, but not the likes of St Regis and Capella. The next tier seems to be either Grand Hyatt or W Singapore. Any advice / reviews please? Thanks!

weddingshow

How about The Westin Singapore near Raffles?
Yup we did view the westin. But for the price it is commanding we don't really think it's worth it, as it's only slightly cheaper than hyatt or w. Furthermore, we heard that the food is not great... Food is v impt for us

dreams2015

Yup we did view the westin. But for the price it is commanding we don't really think it's worth it, as it's only slightly cheaper than hyatt or w. Furthermore, we heard that the food is not great... Food is v impt for us

If food is important, i would recommend mandarin oriental. Their food is quite consistent and good. Their min table for weekend is 30 tables if i am not wrong. However, i don't like the low ballroom ceiling.

Another hotel which you can consider is intercontinental. Nice and square ballroom with high ceiling. But food is so-so. Usually quite hard to find a hotel which has everything.

weddingshow

Actually I think I should have rephrased my opening post. I think we're not really looking for other venues, we've quite decided that it's going to be either hyatt or w. My question should have been, which one should we pick between hyatt or w?

W is our preferred choice, but might have a bit of difficulty meeting the min tables. Whereas hyatt I think we confirm lose a lot, as it is surprisingly expensive, as expensive as the w but I think most people don't realise that...

bearine

Hyatt for location. Sentosa is not convenient for everyone, esp those who doesnt drive.
I think it is more wise to be able to confidently hit the min tables. Some guests last minute might not turn up. Having to pay for empty tables not only burnt a hole in your pocket, but also doesnt look good as well.

And, It doesnt mean that pple will you u more for W or hyatt given the name. Pple usually give you the amt that they can "afford" and if you cant afford / do not wish to lose so much, choose a cheaper hotel.
To be frank, if I got married like 10 years ago, I dun really pay attention to the market rate of all these hotels. All I know is a 4/5 star hotel, i dun really know the banquet price, I will only give the normal market rate, and not google the banquet rate. Not to be mean, but you sounded like you wanted pple to pay for your "memories" & "face". But why would your guests do that for you? Unless that location holds special meaning to the both of you, then it is a different story.

Be practical, save that money for better housing renovation, which you can enjoy for at least 5 years as compared to 1 night.

tequila07

You may wish to try Four Seasons. 32 is the max no. of tables for the Four Seasons Ballroom.

But if it's between W or Hyatt, go for Hyatt. It's more convenient and accessible. If it happens to be a rainy day, guests won't want to travel to W. Just my opinion :)

summur

Hiye! I shared the same dilemma with you, when Hyatt and W had their wedding show in March, the perks was v good!
But I ended up with W because I can hold the solemnization at the outdoor venue, Hyatt do not have such space.
And since price is similar, W got more wow factor as compared to Hyatt, too common.

Hope you made up your mind!

weddingshow

Hiye! I shared the same dilemma with you, when Hyatt and W had their wedding show in March, the perks was v good!
But I ended up with W because I can hold the solemnization at the outdoor venue, Hyatt do not have such space.
And since price is similar, W got more wow factor as compared to Hyatt, too common.

Hope you made up your mind!
Hey summur, thanks for replying! I did ended up signing a package during Mar when both hotels were having their wedding shows. And guess what we picked W too! We'll be fellow W brides :) when is your AD date? :)

@weddingshow I would have picked W too.. I think it's a once In Life time and W would be so romantic. That was one of our considered hotels but felt location was a little inaccessible and the price was a little steep... I am sure you will love the W! It's beautiful!

summur

Hey summur, thanks for replying! I did ended up signing a package during Mar when both hotels were having their wedding shows. And guess what we picked W too! We'll be fellow W brides :) when is your AD date? :)

Woots! *waves*
21 feb 2016, yours?