Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

juzcurious

hi cyn, when's ur 1st appt? i'm with kevin seah.

oh.. so the show is on white link. but i dun like white link leh. do u know if there's any perks for pple who sign up with gwc during this coming show?

u mean we cant take pic in the suite for PS? then where else to take? i went around, but did really find a nice place.

piper

hi all,

i a bit bo bian but have to have PS early...dun wan to take ard june/july...very hot..

besides, milan (my bridal boutique) said they need ard 3-4 mths to process the photos...my colleague say earlier also good...can find faults with the photos & ask them to amend....hehehehe..

I asked my co-ordinator from GCW if we could take photos in the suite...she said 1st time she heard of such request but shldn't be a problem if the suite is not occupied. if interested, better check wif ur co-ordinator first.

padre

juzcurious

How come u got another $10 off form the hotel ? I got the citibank promotion, so it's 718+++ per table

juzcurious

hi padre, the original price is 718+++.

with citibank promtion, it's 18+++ off.

we signed up during the bridal show last yr, so it's another 10+++ off.

hi piper, hv u seen the bridal suite before? i think nothing worth taking also leh. maybe except can take 1 or 2 pics by the windows or sofa.

cyn

juzcurious
my 1st appt in mar. if i din remember wrongly, my coordinator did mention tat it's their policy not to allow PS in their suite leh... better check out 1st if you're interested. if not, take a few on the actual day lor. i've no idea wat are the perks tat they offer for this show.

PS can be at the promenade, their restaurant, my coordinator says their 2nd level is nice. maybe you can take river taxi, there's a stop jus outside gcw... not forgeting the ye shanghai... personally i think it's a nice place for PS.

piper

hi all,

think diff co-ordinators say diff things...better ask ur co-ordinator for more info....

the suite not too many things to take but the htl itself shld have some lovely places...like the swimming pool, the pine tree garden, the restaurant....tired still can retreat to the hotel for some air-con & drinks...hehehe..

juzcurious

i'm thinking of asking benny whether he has taken any shoot at GCW before. perhaps he can recommend which are the nice areas to shoot. in fact GCW is the place where me and fh frequent during our dating times, also the place where he proposed, so it's also the very first place we tot of for PS.

piper

hi JC,

think it's a good idea to communicate to ur photographer wat u want & where r the places that hold special meaning to you...

even if benny has not shot at GCW before, that shldn't be a prob to him cos he's a professional...

i've seen some shots which he took...very impressed wif his eye for details.

piper

have made a tentative booking with Benny...think 80% shld be him...

actual day...still dunno...waiting for milan to call me up for appt with photographer...

apple

Help!

Due to some probs, my friend had to cancel his wedding plans at grand copthorne. But in his despair, he threw away everything, receipts contract & all.

The hotel made him pay a huge sum on top of the deposit for cancellation. Can anyone of you who booked with Grand Copthorne give me the terms for cancellation there?

Thanks a great deal!

preciouz

Hello Apple,

Your friend should negotiate with the hotel to transfer the package to someone interested, usually at a discount but it is still better than to forfeit the deposit and pay up to 50% of the total package price.

I recall seeing a thread here on wedding banquets to transfer. Maybe you / your friend should adverise there.

As for the missing contract, your friend should ask the hotel to fax / send him a copy of the contract he has signed. No matter how bad the relations (just an assumption here) the hotel cannot refuse giving a copy of the contract to him.

Tell your friend to act fast, these hotels can and will issue lawyer's letter to chase for money. I heard a case whereby a hotel who has already forfeited the $12k deposit (50 over tables) issued lawyer's letter and threatened legal action on the remaining $20k and more.

Anyway, it differs from hotels to hotels. All it takes is a bit of negotiation I think.

Just my two cents worth.

apple

Thanks Preciouz!

Unfortunately, my friend already paid for the cancellation fees in the heat of the moment which amounts to a big sum of money.

Now, his family is upset too over the hefty payment. Hoping that the hotel will give back some of it.
sad.gif

bubblefun

Hi all,

Forgetton to intro myself :p

My wedding in Grand Corp Waterfront is on 4 Sept 2003.

Trying to fix a date to collect the cards, do i have fix a date for choosing the cards then another to collect them?

S

s.h.e.

Hi Bubblefun,

My wedding is 9 days after yours! Did you sign on with Grand Copthorne on the citibank promotion? My coordinator is Elena. What abt you?

According to the contract of citibank promotion, we'll be having special wedding favors for the guests instead of the usual chocolate/fruit cake. I wonder what would it be.

Wow! You're already fixing a date to collect the cards? So early? Btw, will you be going to the hotel for your outdoor photoshoot? I might, but dont know where to take.

So, how's your wedding preparation? Almost done?

bubblefun

Hi S.H.E,

yes, i signed the package with Citibank card but i duno think mine have special wedding favours, is yr wedding during wkday or wkend? Cos mine is on wkday and onli abt 35 tables, so maybe mine not applicable to the special favours, but i did call up to ask abt it, Cathy says my contract doesnt state that i am entitled for special favours, if i need, i will have to pay the extra costs myself. its actually chopsticks or those stuff that you put under the cups??

And i want to aviod the ghost festive so i need to send the cards by August lor. They have two printing shops. one of it is T-dragonat Excelsior shopping centre, they have more varies of design at no extra cost to choose from. If u wana do printing yrself yr just have to tell the hotel which design you wan and pick up form the hotel, if you want to use their printing service you will go direct to the printing shop.

As for the other printer shop, they onli got the 2 designs to choose from lor, and its at kallang bahru JTC industrial park, veri far leh.. didnt ask much abt the shop lor.

I now waiting for 1st fitting of MTM WG this mth end and looking for the right shoes lor...PS during May, how abt you?

bubblefun

Hi S.H.E,

My coordinator is Grace Wong, veri practical person.

I'm not very sure if going there take pics anot, not much decor there for phototaking leh, unless you wana take the floating taxi from boat quay to the hotel??

S

s.h.e

Hi Bubblefun,

Mine is a weekend with 45 tables. It was stated on our contract that we've special favours. But I think they themselves also do not know what's the favour as they've not implemented yet I think. .

When's the ghost fest period huh? Me no idea at all.

Elena recommended T Dragon. Me and FH still not decided whether to do our own cards or not. If we do, those are for friends, we'll still use the hotel red cards for those elderly relatives. I think the ivory one is horrible looking. If we dont intend to print our own cards, then most prob we'll use all red ones.

I'm also waiting for 1st fitting which is schedule in 1st wk Apr. When's yours? What abt ur EG? Decided? Mine, design more or less decided, color also decided, but still waiting for the final confirmation, that's all. Will hv 1st fitting of EG on the same day as 2nd fitting of WG.

My PS is in late June. Now trying hard to shed kilos. Headache...

That's what I think too. Not much place to take pic in grand corpthorne actually. But I do not like the usual places like beach, botanical gardens, old buildings, etc. Headache...

piper

Hello bubblefun,

my dinner is in Dec...so I dun think i'll be collecting my cards so soon...

Karen showed me the cards last year...it's the ivory or the red one. Personally i think the ivory color cards look horrible...think will ask for red cards only.

dun think i'll be printing my own cards = additional $$...besides, dun think anyone out there is collecting them...most prob they will throw away the card once the dinner is over.

S

s.h.e

Hi Piper, so u share the same sentiments as me abt the ivory cards? hahahaha... terrible. I wish to tell them this. So that they can quickly go change it. Actually the red ones also not very nice but compared to the ivory ones, they seem like heaven.

bubblefun

Hi Piper & S.H.E,

S.H.E

My 1st fitting is next Friday and Ghost fest is from 29 July - 27 Aug lor, so i shld be send out cards bfore 29 July, cos cant do anything during tat period :p

Piper

Hmm.. den maybe realli will have to take all red cards, cant remember how the ivory ones look like but surely no gd impression coz i surely remember red one is very nice and attractive.

btw, i think you gals had already seen the hotel room rite? the view no very gd hor?? And the room i saw, the light switches were spolit and its a smoking room, smell of cig. smell when i went into the dark room lor... :S

bubblefun

Hi Piper, maybe u can try go down to tdragon view the other cards designs then decide.

Anyone have t-dragon's price list?

piper

hi bubblefun & S.H.E

think i'll just take the cards from GCW...the red one is not very obiang..still "lookable"...my hubby & i both felt tat we should not spend too much on the invites coz not many people will appreciate the difference.

BTW, the suite that we went to is only so-so...not much of a view...then again...why would u need the view...dun think we'll have time to admire the view anyway...hehehe *wink* *wink*

bubblefun

hi piper,

maybe can take some photos in the hotel room mah...R(A) hehehehe

anyway as i told you abt extra card designs from tdragon, NO EXTRA CHARGES at all!! thats wat Cathy from the hotel told me wan!!

Go take a look, no regrats...

piper

hi bubblefun...

if the cards is really at no extra charges, then i might consider...anyway, it's still early for me. I still have no idea who I'm going to invite...

ann

Hi Piper,

You can have a look at their designs at the following website.

http://www.tdragoncards.com

According to my coordinator, she mentioned that i can choose the cards which i like. There is a section with special cards.. for these cards, you have to pay extra..

Do go and have a look.

A

agonyy

Halo to all,
I'm a June 2004 bride, and intending to book the weekend package. My coordinator recommended me to use the new ball room at the wing which was ex-Actus, as I'm only taking 20-25 tables. She said the ball room would only be available in June 2003, and 1 couple had already booked a package there. My FH and I are going in June to look at the venue and comfirm no of tables.

Was anyone being recommended abt the new ball room? She showed us the portfolio of the new ball room, looks good to us. There would be 2 ball room on the floor, one faced the river, and the other face the city, but it comes with a cocktail room, also very nice when seen on the portfolio.

What should or can I expect from the Hotel before I sign the contract?

Halo bubblefun and SHE,
I've only being to GCW to talk abt the package, but I was not being shown to the suite yet, really not nice ah? Facing the city so no view? The Suite shld be at the Executive floor rgt? I wanted to view but my FH said only to view when we go in June.

Please advice me hoh, cos I very blur now, dun knw what to do and expect from them, help help k?
Thks! Muacks!

bubblefun

Agonyy,

I think its too early for you to book for the ballroom, how many tables is the max. it can hold? wat if next yr you found out u need more than 25 tables??

the room is onli viewed in darkness lor... no view wan lah.. i think if i wana take pic in the room i will draw up the curtains lor... hahaha

A

agonyy

Halo bubblefun,

Really ah? then when do u book your package? Actually I'm still considering whether to take up the banquet, cos my mum nag at me, telling me no need for such an expemsive package, just go directly for my honeymoon after ROM...he.....!

But my FH is the only son, believe his mum would want it, so everything still KIV....

No view for the room ah? He.... nv mind lah, just have room for use is enough.

Thks! Muacks!

bubblefun

Agonyy,

so does it means yr mum dun be getting any tables from yr FH? if thats the case, discuss with yr MIL and FIL how many tables they will need and also both of u how many ppl u will invite.. then decide which ballroom to book.

Just reserve the date that you need 1st incase other ppl wan it too...

A

agonyy

Halo bubblefun,

Actually I can get 10 tables for my mum, and my FH had agreed abt it. I think even if my mum dun want any tables, I'll still get 5 for her, cos she deserves it loh, just to thk her for bring me up, he.....!

Yeah, I may call GCW to reserve a date with them, then see what's the outcome.

Thks hoh, Muacks!

C

chub

any brides from gcw postponing wedding becos of sars? just wondering what's the hotel management reaction to this issue?

A

agonyy

Hi peace,
It's $638 per table @ wkends. If ur wedding is in 2004, then the GSt will be 15%. The new ballroom was still undergoing construction, seemed nice to us, so we just hv a tentitive booking. It's situated under the grandball room, there r 2 small ballrooms, one facing the city, another facing the river. I'm not sure if the ball room is ready, mayb u can give the GCW a call?

sweetysweetgal

Hi Agonny,

What does your package include ? How litres of beer ? Any waiver of wine ? Food tasting ? Any charge for loan of LCD projector ? Etc ???

Thanks !

A

agonyy

hi cubicorn,
I think it's at level 2, just under the grand ballroom, located at the previous actus location.

Hi sweetysweetgal,
It's similiar to the simplier package for 10 tables which GCW had initialy $558+++ (wkday) and $638+++ (wkend). Think no beer, but got waiver of duty-paid liquor. Food tasting is 50% off, but not sure abt the use of LCD.

I do knw can use the new cocktail room for reception if u use the cityview side, quite nice from the picture shown my coordinator.

lobangking

Anyone who just had their wedding or having their wedding soon in GCW? Or attended one recently?

Need to find out becos according to the citibank perks, we're entitled to special wedding favours for the guests, rather than the usual chocolate or cake. But so far, never heard of the special wedding favour.

I've asked my coordinator. But she says dont know
sad.gif

twiiti

Hi Vanes,

I juz had my wedding in GCW. My co-ordinator is Ivy Yeo and she is fantastically great! We didn't hafta worry abt anything at all. She was really helpful and very sweet and not forgetting experience and detailed.

Food received good comments from relatives and friends. They have special dishes which are not served at other hotels. Apart from delicious food, the ambience and good service from the crew (Ah Long & Alan) was set to raise thumbs-up anytime.

Strongly recommend tat u drop by and see it for yourself

cubicorn

hi twiiti,

Glad you u had a fantastic wedding with GCW. I'm considering GCW too!
happy.gif

Wat are the special dishes that are served?

sss

hi twiiti, may i know what was the wedding flavour?

were u on citibank promotion oso?

i find the red invitation card so-so and the ivory one terrible.

did u go for food tasting before ur wedding?

bubblefun

hey, for ppl who still doesnt know where the new ballroom is, its at 2rd floor, next the the resturant lor..
happy.gif

i've seen their chargable flavours too... chopsticks ( in box), scented heart shaped candle(in round tin), magnet photo frame (my fav.) cloth chinese red or gold cup coasers (to be out under cup wan lor :p) ranging from $0.50 - $1 each.

the food tasting i had is under wkday menu 1, very special dishes presentations.... but not everyone will like it i think... so far so gd lor
happy.gif
hope the above could help you gals!

sss

hi bubblefun, the restuarant u referring to is it grand shanghai?

for those first batch who signed up with citibank promo, we shld be getting the special flavours free of charge as stated in the contract.

awaitingbride

hi twiiti,
i have recently sign up with GCW and will be having Ivy Yeo as my co-orindater too, im glad u have a wonderful and smooth wedding,after reading your posting, im glad i make the rite choice and hope i will get such good service from Ivy too, oh, can i check with u, what did u have for your guest table centrepiece ah, i was told i would need to pay extra if i would like to replace the single stalk of rose in the small white vase for somthing else