Grand Banquet at Hotel Royal @ Queens

piyo21

Joscelyn,
Your AD in Dec, when? Me too. I had not been there since I booked in last yr Oct. Must drop by to see.

cube_cube

they were fixing the decors when i drop by last fri. The place looks ok, but the big fat pillars are gonna be a problem.....

the chair covers are all new...the cake and the flowers and some chandeliers are all newly brought in from hk....

had my dinner there last fri. Food is good, but, i wasnt expecting fine dining style....so end up eating Mc.Ds afterwards.

snoopysg

Hi any1 pls kindly advice,how the menu and wedding packages there any change?as i search from the website of fu lin men,it still offer free flow of everything.as mention from sister/brother here they going to change the wedding packages.thank

elvis

Hi shawn

I'm thier VIP card holder ,what i know is the package stil the same , the only thing change is the price n menu , cause mr andy got message to me last week. holp this can help.

pinklady23

Hi all,

I'm short listing Fu Lin Men too. Just spoke to Marcus on the phone to request for the wedding package. My AD is in dec' 08 too. The renovations you all talking about is in the restuarant?

fan82

Pioneer Spring is having a wedding show on 28 29 June 08. Why not we all go there take a look the place and their packages! www.pioneerspring.com.sg for register
697283.jpg

tracy90

I holding my AD next year Jan at FLM (Jurong Country Club). I tried their ala-carte dinner and it was fantastic. Try the ala-carte dinner first before deciding. Ionly paid $1000 for deposit and the balance only paid after the dinner ends. Free flow of wine (great taste) and johnie walker. Their door gift also not bad.

tracy90

Add on: you can look for Kenny, the restaurant manager for JCC outlet.
if you do not wish to have the hotel stay, can exchange for food voucher for future use. And also manicure and pedicure can also exchange for food voucher.

blurrz

hi elvis,

i am so sorrie to reply u now... :p
din have the time to login and check...

andy was the 1 who replied me...
happy.gif

Cheers,

tanlj_17

Hi Elvis

wow.. the all-in package looks comprehensive & very attractive.. are u holding ur banquet at the Queens or JCC?

Is the all-in package price same as what is quoted on the menu prices or additional?

elvis

Dear Jamie ,

My is at queens , and the all in package is the menu price , no additional cost . maybe you can make a call to andy or marcus at 63382282 for more information , their very helpful, good luck la ... happy national day to you .

piyo21

hi alicia,

It used to be w/o tax & gst. But I think recently they include. It's better to call up and ask abt the prices.

What I was told, the max capacity is abt 29-30 tables.

piyo21

My AD is this yr end. I think flm is not as popular as PJ, Qian Xi. That why the thread is so quiet

alicia_yong

Ling Ling & Janet> Hello! My AD is 21 mar 2010, and i'm tinking of signing wif FLM. Does the restaurant @ Queens haf pillars ard? Does it block guests?

jomlsg

Alicia, yes the restaurant have pillars and the management have installed tvs and projectors to facilitate viewing of the ceremony.

alicia_yong

Janet> So wat makes u sign up wif FLM? Is it true tat dey serve free flow of red wine, hard liquor, beer & stout? Do they haf a quota, eg. 1 bottle of red wine/hard liquor per confirmed table booked, kind of ting? Actually i was quite worried tat tis restaurant wld turn out not as gd as i tot, so i wanted to find out more of this restaurant b4 i go down & speak to andy (who's the one who replied to all my emails). Pls gif me all ur gd & bad comments/points to look out for in tis restaurant. Thanks a lot!

jomlsg

Alicia, Yup, free flow of hard liquor, beer etc. The package they offered is rather comprehensive, so being a economical person, my hubby & i decided to hold it there. Saves cost for honeymoon and house.

Deco, ambience wise, i will say comfortable. Speak to Marcus e will be more willing to give in to bargain. Till now no complains of this rest.

You shd go and experience the food and ambience and all. Actually i also taken RELC hotel into consideration too, but decided to give up due to inconvenience location.

alicia_yong

Hi Jannet, thanks for the comments. I have decided to shortlist FLM as my venue, now awaiting my bf to meet me & we can go down to the restaurant to take a look & discuss further wif the co-ordinator. My co-ordinator is andy, so far he is quite helpful. Do u noe whether they got serve vegetarian food oso? Oh, i heard a comment from another thread tat says FLM hard liquor not up to standard. U noe abt tis?

piyo21

They serve vegetarian and muslim food too.
I cant comment on their hard liquor cos my pkg is w/o GST, so is w/o free flow of hard liquor n red wine.

alicia_yong

Ling Ling> Hi! Thanks! Coz the other time i did check wif dem on the muslim food, dey said dey did provide, but i 4got to ask abt the vegetarian, so jus 2 b safe, i ask ard 1st. But wen i go down at a later date, i'll ask dem abt the prices, coz for muslim food, need to pay additional $49.80++ or $51.80++ per pax.

So ur AD is approaching soon? Dec rite? So r u excited? Everyting mostly settled le?

alicia_yong

Hi all, can i check wif u, u all says if hold the banquet at the ballroom, have to pay extra, is it per table or the total, eg, if say extra 10%, so each table +10% or total amt +10%?

jomlsg

I only try the red wine, i find not bad. Hard liquor i cannot comment, cos i never try. Heard that they serve Martell or VSOP. Me not too concern about the liquor, cos most of my guests drive, so they shd't be drinking.

Muslim is they count per pax de, same for vegetarian. Min order is 4.

piyo21

Hi Alicia,

Now in the midst of confirming the guest, trying to hit the min 25 tables in order to book the whole restaurant. I find it very funny if still got walk-in guest during my banquent.
But a bit sad lor, cos I think due to the long weekend most of them are going for holiday, cant attend. Initially, they agree to come one. Haiz!!And some doesnt want to commitment cos they think it's too early.

jomlsg

Ling Ling, do update about the food they serve k. Want to know more about the food. All the best to u!

Me also didn hit 25 tables, but never mind lah. They will only serve walk in customer after the dinner starts and it wont crash with the walk-in ceremony, so i don't think that its a major problem.

piyo21

Some of my FH colleagues cfm they r coming. Just manage to hit 25 tables with some empty places here n there. Hopefully more will confirm coming by this weekend.

piyo21

Hi all,

Went for the food tasting last sat. Overall was good, except one dish we dont like the cooking style. So ask them to change.

alicia_yong

This thread is so quiet! B more active! Ling ling, so far how's ur preparations coming along? More ppl has confirmed their attendance alr?

acmm_85

Hi Celine,

How was the food and services? Was urs held at the ballroom? hehe.. I've confirm my package with Andy somewhere is Sept this year. Looking forward to mine next year in Oct.

piyo21

Hi Alicia,

Indeed no loh, a lot of friends n relatives are going overseas during that holiday season. So so far, i can only cfm 22 tables. How abt u?

acmm_85

Hi Alicia, yup mine is at ballroom as i have confirm 25 tables.. may extend to 30 tables...
Food tasting will be done maybe 6mths before wor.. what about you? =)