Faber Peak Singapore (Formerly The Jewel Box)

marcia

Anyone had their Rom/Wedding at the Jewel Box?
I dont see any review about them..

I'm thinking of having my ROM there.. ;)

zecloud

Hi Cys, i just had my Rom at jewel box. if you have a bigger crowd, u'll be able to get the ballroom. as mine was a more intimate affair, i basically juz held my solemnization outdoors and proceed for lunch at one of the restaurants.

sime

Hi Cloudy,

oh dear, it is so difficult to find one who have had wedding at Mt Faber..until i see this forum.

We love Mt Faber and have actually booked Mt Faber for my outdoor wedding at Sapphire and my guest will also proceed for lunch indoor at the ballroom. I really like the place but worried about the outdoor deco and not sure if we should put up a tent.

Do you mind sharing with me if you have engage anyone to do the outdoor deco and did you put up a tent?

My email is [email protected]

Hope to hear from you.

Ee Ling

wendya

Hi Cloudy, pls email me your rom package too!
my email [email protected]

Thank a lot
happy.gif

nateekgnel

Hi Cloudy,

I'm planning to hold mt wedding at the Jewel Box too!

How is the food and service? This is one area of the biggest concern for my folks.

Also, was there ample parking for all guests? I'll be having about 200-250 guests and most of them will be driving since it's Mt Faber. I would not want them to have to walk when they are all nicely dressed up!

Hear from you soon!

Cheers,
Kee Leng

stah

Hi All! I just feel that there's a need to share my frustrations with Jewel Box. I emailed them 3 weeks ago to request for a proposal but to no avail. And throughout the 3 weeks, i emailed them 2 times to follow up and called and leave my number tens of times! And why did i leave my number? Because there's always noone at the line!!!! I'm really not comfortable to hold my event there after so much frustrations.... My advice is to think twice even if you really like the place. Totally unresponsive!

raindrop23

I face the same problem too. The coordinator and the wedding planner are 2 different person. I had to chase Jewel Box for my wedding proposal several times before they emailed me. To make thing worse, the banquet pricing that the coordinator gave me is different from what the planner gave. I ask the planner that why is the pricing different. She informed me that that is last year pricing. I politely informed her that the email was send to me 3 days ago from your coordinator. Then she never reply me at all to give me an explanation or apologize for their mistakes.

Imagine if you were to hold their wedding there and half way something went wrong. What will happen? They just ignore or dump you? I mean jewel box has probably held like thousands of wedding but to most of us is only once a lifetime event. If we cannot find someone who at least can assist us in getting everything going smoothly on our banquet on that day. Then how? I was full of excitement when I approach them and what I got is disappointment and alot of unanswered questions.

Probably I should paste the email correspondences here but due to privacy reason I didn't. If anyone really need a copy of the correspondences can ask from me.

carmenm

My friend in the events management industry warned me about Jewel Box. She says she knows of two couples who were asked to change their dates at the last minute. The reason, as they were to find out, was because Jewel Box had double booked on those dates, thinking that one couple would cancel later on =S

quincyboa

Hi, can anyone please email me your ROM package? My email is [email protected]

Mine would be a small group of about 60pax, and will be in June. I am worried that it might be too hot/humid outdoors, even in the evening. Anyone has experience/tips to share?

Many thanks in advance
happy.gif

joyax

I had my AD lunch reception (just 40+ pax) at the Jewel Box a couple of weeks ago. Here are my comments and feedback:

*Pre-wedding planning - the sales/events manager assigned to me was ok, responsive and took note of my requests
*Actual day:
1. Food - good. We had food tasting about 2 weeks before the AD, and I noticed that they didn't take into account some of our feedback from food tasting (e.g. provide black vinegar during soup course)

2. Food service - unsatisfactory:
a. Speed - The food tasting took 2 hrs 45 mins because it was really slow service and the food reached us cold. We requested (and they agreed) to target to serve everything within 2 hours. Still, on the day itself we took 2 hrs 30 mins. It was all good until dessert, which took 20+ minutes to arrive.
b. Service quality - they did not even give wine to my mother-in-law and so she had no wine during the toast. They did not refill the teapots too. I told the waiters 2x to offer wine and soft drinks to guests but I still kept seeing empty glasses. It seems that they waited for guests to ask for refills, but this shouldn't be because guests might feel phai seh because they don't know if it's free refill or not.

3. Event management - bad:
a. Customer service- The sales/events manager I had been planning the event with disappeared 10 minutes after the event started and met with another client. He didn't even pop by now and then to check, just left the service staff to run things. I had to personally ask for him before he came back up. When it was time to settle the bill he didn't show up either, and never asked for feedback. Not good client relationship management at all.

b. Music - This I am particular with since I did not have budget or space for a live band. During the planning I said that I could bring my ipad or laptop to play music but they said that they have someone to control the music (and make sure its turned off when someone is speaking etc) but the guy kept leaving his station! So my sister had to go back and forth to turn it on and off during the program. At some lull parts, there was no music playing and I had to go there myself and turn it back on. I should just have brought my own equipment, at least my sister could have used a remote control rather than keep standing up to do something that Jewel Box said they would.
- A couple of days before the AD, I gave a thumb drive with my playlist in correct sequence with numbered file names but when they put in their laptop, they played in shuffle mode. Sigh. Wasted hours arranging my playlist.

b. Microphone - conked out midway. Emcees had to shout. We had to ask the waiter to help, and he had to call someone else. This took a few minutes.

c. Extra food- Due to some last-minute guest pull-outs I had extra food. I asked for it to be packed, then a day before asked if they can serve it in the middle in case some guests want to eat more (and then pack any extra). When it was time to pack up, they said they had thrown away everything, citing the NEA guidelines. I thought that it was a scapegoat excuse, because it was still within the allowed time frame (I order a lot of catering) and besides, they should have told me earlier if it wasn't possible to pack. There was a lot of leftover beef good for at least 3 dinners for hubby and me. All just thrown away.

d. Upon arrival - they said they would have staff to greet and usher guests (since most of them are from overseas). Yet when we arrived there (about 10 mins after the planned arrival time) there was no one. Guests didn't know where to go. And by the way it was a weekday lunch, and there was no other event and hardly any other walk-in guests in their restaurant.

Good thing they had a nice view and I prepared my program well, so the guests were kept entertained. But I really couldn't sit still or enjoy the lunch because I saw all the mistakes they were making and the things they didn't do.

Overall--- the view is really nice and the food is good. But if you want to hold your event there, don't expect too much on service. My event was small, so I don't know if that's why they didn't pay too much attention. But imagine if you have 100+ guests and you get bad service like I did... Maybe it would be best if you had an events planner to really handle these things, if you have your banquet at Jewel Box.

misstiny

Hi! After reading your comment. Im abit worry because I will be holding my AD there and its a dinner. Can I ask you a few things?

1) Who is your event sales manager?
2) Which ballroom you took? You go for the western food ya?

I had my AD lunch reception (just 40+ pax) at the Jewel Box a couple of weeks ago. Here are my comments and feedback:

*Pre-wedding planning - the sales/events manager assigned to me was ok, responsive and took note of my requests
*Actual day:
1. Food - good. We had food tasting about 2 weeks before the AD, and I noticed that they didn't take into account some of our feedback from food tasting (e.g. provide black vinegar during soup course)

a. Speed - The food tasting took 2 hrs 45 mins because it was really slow service and the food reached us cold. We requested (and they agreed) to target to serve everything within 2 hours. Still, on the day itself we took 2 hrs 30 mins. It was all good until dessert, which took 20+ minutes to arrive.
b. Service quality - they did not even give wine to my mother-in-law and so she had no wine during the toast. They did not refill the teapots too. I told the waiters 2x to offer wine and soft drinks to guests but I still kept seeing empty glasses. It seems that they waited for guests to ask for refills, but this shouldn't be because guests might feel phai seh because they don't know if it's free refill or not.

a. Customer service- The sales/events manager I had been planning the event with disappeared 10 minutes after the event started and met with another client. He didn't even pop by now and then to check, just left the service staff to run things. I had to personally ask for him before he came back up. When it was time to settle the bill he didn't show up either, and never asked for feedback. Not good client relationship management at all.

b. Music - This I am particular with since I did not have budget or space for a live band. During the planning I said that I could bring my ipad or laptop to play music but they said that they have someone to control the music (and make sure its turned off when someone is speaking etc) but the guy kept leaving his station! So my sister had to go back and forth to turn it on and off during the program. At some lull parts, there was no music playing and I had to go there myself and turn it back on. I should just have brought my own equipment, at least my sister could have used a remote control rather than keep standing up to do something that Jewel Box said they would.
- A couple of days before the AD, I gave a thumb drive with my playlist in correct sequence with numbered file names but when they put in their laptop, they played in shuffle mode. Sigh. Wasted hours arranging my playlist.

b. Microphone - conked out midway. Emcees had to shout. We had to ask the waiter to help, and he had to call someone else. This took a few minutes.

c. Extra food- Due to some last-minute guest pull-outs I had extra food. I asked for it to be packed, then a day before asked if they can serve it in the middle in case some guests want to eat more (and then pack any extra). When it was time to pack up, they said they had thrown away everything, citing the NEA guidelines. I thought that it was a scapegoat excuse, because it was still within the allowed time frame (I order a lot of catering) and besides, they should have told me earlier if it wasn't possible to pack. There was a lot of leftover beef good for at least 3 dinners for hubby and me. All just thrown away.

d. Upon arrival - they said they would have staff to greet and usher guests (since most of them are from overseas). Yet when we arrived there (about 10 mins after the planned arrival time) there was no one. Guests didn't know where to go. And by the way it was a weekday lunch, and there was no other event and hardly any other walk-in guests in their restaurant.

Good thing they had a nice view and I prepared my program well, so the guests were kept entertained. But I really couldn't sit still or enjoy the lunch because I saw all the mistakes they were making and the things they didn't do.

Overall--- the view is really nice and the food is good. But if you want to hold your event there, don't expect too much on service. My event was small, so I don't know if that's why they didn't pay too much attention. But imagine if you have 100+ guests and you get bad service like I did... Maybe it would be best if you had an events planner to really handle these things, if you have your banquet at Jewel Box.

Hi Cys, i just had my Rom at jewel box. if you have a bigger crowd, u'll be able to get the ballroom. as mine was a more intimate affair, i basically juz held my solemnization outdoors and proceed for lunch at one of the restaurants.

Hi - im keen to know more about your package as im planning for a solemnisation there. Appreciate you can share it with me - [email protected]. Thanks in advance! ^^

hibear123

*Actual day:

Hello, was thinking of Jewel Box for my wedding dinner too. Thanks for the feedback! Can share a bit more? Seems like it is really bad. I think they gave a free night at Movenpick Hotel? I have already made a tentative booking there...

Alternatively I am thinking of Hotel Beaufort at Sentosa. Appreciate your advice. thanks!