Easy Way to Lose Weight

miloice

Milk don't really make us fat unless consumed excessively. If weight gain is from slowered metabolism, it could be trig from insulin resistance, which causes metabolic syndrome.
In that case, the most effective way to lose the weight is restricting the amount and kind of carbs we consume.

Remove all the sugared drinks from your diet. This includes juice from sweet fruits. You can eat all kinds of fruits because natural food comes with lots of fiber and will not spike your insulin levels. When you juice it, you break down all the fibre, it is as bad as consuming processed sugar.

Go read about how sugar are metabolized. The insulin response is responsible for fat storage and driving our appetite up. I lost 18 kg at 40 yrs old through restricting my carbs. Eggs, fats are all fine. I drink my milk, eat my eggs with yolks daily, and have lots of meat, fish, fruits and vegetaables. Having starchy carbs only during cheat meals. I have cheat meals 3-4 times in a week. All other meals, simple carbs are greatly restricted. No rice, noodles and bread. Stop all fat free and low fat processed food. Take full cream. Consuming fat itself is not what make us fat. It is the overeating from a huge appetite. Processed carbs and junk confuses our body and increase our cravings.

Exercises are great for the body, but some are more EFFECTIVE. For the most effective workouts, check on HIIT. You only need 10-15 minutes to deplete your carbs regularly and making your body insulin sensitive again. It gives you the afterburn effect up to 24 hours allowing calorie burn throughout the day.

miloice

Appetite suppressing drugs gives you the solution to avoiding over-eating through artificial means. It restricts your appetite.
You achieve the same effect in a sustainable manner by taking effort to choose the right food to eat. Food that fills you more and longer. So, you will need less naturally.

Food exists naturally with the fat. Processed food is responsible for messing up our appetites. Some people have no problem with these food, their appetite are still not affected. For those that are struggling with your weight, whatever you are eating is making you eat in excess. If controlling your diet leaves you hungry, it will not be sustainable.

You need a diet that let you eat till full and stay satisfied long enough. There is good reason why people did not need to watch their weight in the past, even after retirement. Natural foods make it difficult to over-eat. You don't see a natural vegan that is obese. However, you see many vegans on high carbs fried food that are obese. The key is not about avoiding fat or meat. It is processed CARBS.

I think the amount of caffeine matters to? I used to drink starbucks black coffee everyday. My therapist told me the slimming coffee I am taking contains very low % of caffeine.

I think the amount of caffeine matters to? I used to drink starbucks black coffee everyday. My therapist told me the slimming coffee I am taking contains very low % of caffeine.

miloice

Rochelletan, I don't understand your question about caffeine.

I love strong intense coffee, caffeine does not make one fat. Black coffee have hardly any calories, it increase one's heart rate and metabolism temporarily by giving the fake signal to the brain making you feel energized. This is the reason why most pre-workouts and energy drinks always include caffeine.

dlsy

the healthy way to lose weight is more on your diet intake. i have lost 6kg through 20% fitness & 80% nutrition. Not only i am lighter now, i started to inspire & help more people to achieve their ideal weight. Anyone interested can pm me ;)

Flo19

my photographer told me to lose weight too :( but my rib cage is big and i have no waist.
i really wonder how girls have flat tummy . mine forever never flat. :(

miloice

my photographer told me to lose weight too :( but my rib cage is big and i have no waist.
i really wonder how girls have flat tummy . mine forever never flat. :(
Having a wide rib cage has nothing to do with your waist. It is the fat around your waist that thickens it. Body fat ratio have to do with diet and where your body decides to deposit most of the fat have much more to do with your genetics and hormones. Your body can burn carbs or fats as energy. The reason for storing excessive is over-eating. i.e more than your body burn. Most people's intake is simply driven by appetite.

For the people that are slim, their normal appetite is already sustainable and they are naturally slim. For the rest of us, we need to tweet our diet to have a sustainable way to cope with our appetite.
Refer to my earlier comments. There are 2 schools of diet.
1) Low fat diets. Needs more discipline, suppressing hunger.
2) Low carbs, you ensure your energy tank gets depleted each time, also, allow the body to use fat for energy.

The truth about our food chain, too much simple carbs to spike the insulin which tells the body to store. The food comes with lots of fat which the body stores them because of your insulin spike.
If you are on low carbs, you can consume more fat without storing them. Your body burns them as energy. Then, your belly fat goes. At the same time, your energy level is more consistent as fat stores are much more readily available than carbs.

Carbs are stored as energy in our muscles and liver. If the tank is never empty, any sugar you take will overflow into the stores directly as FAT.

Chassy

The so called low carbs diet is called "keto diet". I have experienced it myself for 3 weeks, managed to lose 3 kgs with proper exercise... And some more had abs that was back in last year dec.. Now trying to cut on some carbs too to look better in Photoshoot.

miloice

There are differences. The keto diet is focus in forcing the body to go into full ketosis.
I don't avocate extreme diets. Rather, just removing simple carbs from starchy gains and processed flour.

Supplement with lots of vegs and fruits instead. They contain carbs as well and forbidden with Keto and Atkins diet. We can still burn fat with consumption of carbs contained in abundance in fruits.

miloice

Exercise is the best thing we can do for our bodies :)
Especially, resistance training. Good reason why all personal trainers incorporate it for the regimes for their clients.

miloice

up to 5 pounds? :)

Any drugs that artificially increase your metabolism and temperature could raise your heart rate as well. Cardio fitness brings down your heart rate, at the same time, exercises naturally increases your metabolism. As long as your diet remains poor, you are forever dependent on drugs to sustain your weight. Why did you gain the extra weight to begin with? If you are eating normal diet, it just means your BMR is dropping. It is likely because your cells have become resistant to insulin. As such, your pancreas is actually stressed and working harder to release more insulin. Insulin overdose is the key cause of insulin resistance. When there is insulin, it helps to convert the sugar in your blood to fat as long as your glycogen levels are full. This is how the body natural function to maintain a safe and stable blood sugar level at all cost. The process is highly metabolic, insulin can help stimulate quick muscle building and hormones. We need to take care of the liver and the pancreas, these are vital organs for our body.
  1. Strength training increases muscle tone. You will always look better toned than flabby
  2. Increased muscle tissue requires more calories (from burning fat) 24/7 even when you idle and sleep. This is the most sustainable way to stay lean. Your basal metabolic rate is increased.
  3. Exercise trig cells regeneration, you will look generally younger than your age.
  4. Believe the science people, and not the silly diets and drugs.
You want more energy, stop relying on carbs as the only source of energy. Train your body to burn fat as fuel efficiently. You get to eat all the fat and cholesterol, full cream milk, cheese, steak, chicken skin, egg yolks without guilt. You will get the body you want without going hungry or relying on any expensive drugs or have to deal with the side effects. I lost 18kg (almost 40 pounds) despite already 40 yrs old. I don't spend many hours in the gym, in fact even lesser than when I was 89kg. I used to throw away the egg yolks, now eating all of them. No less than 2 daily and update 6 to 8 sometimes. My blood test just reflects the best results ever. Lowest BP, normal cholestrol, low LDL and highest HDL, optimum Triglycerides.

We were told too many bad knowledge. that fat is bad, that dietary cholestrol is very bad, that all animal fat are bad, all vegetable oil are good. That the low fat options are the healthier choice of food. That a calorie is a calorie, we are fat simply because we overeat. We didn't see the simple relation that we overeat because our appetite drives us to eat and it is the insulin reaction that makes empty calories so dangerous. Losing weight and MOSTLY from fat is not difficult once we get pass the bullshit we have been fed for the last 40 years.

Last edited: