Bridal studios in JB?

starrie58

Hi all,

Am thinking of having my prewedding shoots in JB, any of you done it there before? Any bridal studios to recommend? Preferably some which carrys plus size gowns? Im a UK12-14..

SG is really really overboard expensive!

starrie58

Is there additional tax bringing gowns or albums from jb to sg at the custom for more than $500?

Not sure on this. Im going in on wed to explore our options with a few bridal studios. Will check it out with them and get back to you on this. Haha.

starrie58

Ive shortlisted a few bridal studios, anytime half of what SG's bridal are charging! Their packages ranges from RM$4.8-$6K. My colleague had signed a package from Dolce Vita at RM6K with 10 additional photos. Im actually looking forward to my appt at Castalia wedding as I saw a couple of really good reviews, Joey attended to me over on Whatsapp and she is extremely friendly and prompt in replying.

Will only know more details after i check then out on Wed. Will update here again!

Bridal Studios Ive shortlisted:

Dolce Vita
Castalia Wedding
Dawn's Wedding
Destino Wedding
My Dream Wedding

starrie58

Hi guys, in the end i only went to the 2 bridal boutiques as it was really tiring. The first one was Dolce Vita, photos were okay but the sales manager was too hardselling, turning both of us off. Package wise was $5k.

Second one we went to was Castalia Wedding. Both of us felt really comfortable with them, staffs know who you are when you stepped in even though its our first time. Was served by Joey and Yan, really friendly, nice ppl. No hardselling, clear and straightforward package with no hidden cost. The beat thing is they knew exactly what we want. We took up the 2days RM6288 package. Our scheduled photoshoot is in April!

Pm me if you want to know the package details.

starrie58

Hi, how is their gown collection?
Dolce Vita did not let me browse their gowns, only keep hardselling, hoping to close us on the spot.

Castalia wedding automatically bring out gowns for me to view and try, i feel that they know what customer wants. I really like one of the 3 i tried. They are very professional and will advise which style suits you and have no qualms about letting you try.

heylady

Dolce Vita did not let me browse their gowns, only keep hardselling, hoping to close us on the spot.

Castalia wedding automatically bring out gowns for me to view and try, i feel that they know what customer wants. I really like one of the 3 i tried. They are very professional and will advise which style suits you and have no qualms about letting you try.

Thanks! I’ve also read quite a few positive reviews about Castalia. Will check them out!

Elaine Chong

Hi guys, in the end i only went to the 2 bridal boutiques as it was really tiring. The first one was Dolce Vita, photos were okay but the sales manager was too hardselling, turning both of us off. Package wise was $5k.

Second one we went to was Castalia Wedding. Both of us felt really comfortable with them, staffs know who you are when you stepped in even though its our first time. Was served by Joey and Yan, really friendly, nice ppl. No hardselling, clear and straightforward package with no hidden cost. The beat thing is they knew exactly what we want. We took up the 2days RM6288 package. Our scheduled photoshoot is in April!

Please PM me. Thanks

Pokkiedots11

Hi Starrie! Could you PM me too! Thanks!

Mei leng

Hi Ladies here, im BTB March 19. i just share my info here. I took my pre wedding photos at Spozami Wedding Mansion at JB. Please dont get cheated, they all are profit driven person. They offered me 4.8k ringgit in the beginning, said that you can choose all designer gown you want. when come to the gown fitting, i choose one that i saw from FB, they told me that was a designer gown, you have to pay extra. those gown for shooting and for actual day they took for me all is old fashioned kind. I think my is budget package thats why they will limit those gown to let you try. Beside, their after service is super poor, if you dont top up when you choose your photos, they will show face to you, and ignore all your request. if you are those big spender or famous celebrity they will give you good service, if not they wont be bother to entertain you. i would said im super disappointed on them, there still alot more of bad experince that i cant finish to tell here. i spend total 6k ringgit, but i get is shit. end up i still have to go rent mt AD gown from other bridal shop as Spozami one was too old and ugly. Please dont be the victim. if anyone want to know more detail please email to [email protected]

Mia F

Read many good reviews on Castalia, I'm only looking for AD package (as i've already planned my overseas PWS), so I'm wondering how's their gown collection. I'll prefer sheath or mermaid style for white gown, and i'm also looking for more xiu he fu style for the kua.

Tpqpqpq

Hi Starrie, I know it has been over a year, but could you please PM me if you still have those details?

S.tingting

I just went 3 bridal shops in JB.

1st bridal: castalia
As I read good reviews on them so I visit them first. Service is good though they make me wait 1 hour even I have booked appt.

But during gown fitting, it's a comfortable process. Their gowns is not bad but not impressive. I think for me bqueens (sg) has better white gowns. I did not choose or try any mermaid as I don't like.

2nd bridal: Isadora bridal selection
Was impressed by their gowns especially more after knowing the package price, I'm UK12.

First the sale person will introduce you some gowns by showing you pics and have some chitchat with you so she know what kinds of gowns you like and she will also recommend those she feel will suit you. And I saw my dream evening gown and she say she will let me try. It's the first gown I tried and I'm sold but I try to remain calm so not to show I'm really pleased in case they mark up the price. Lol. After that I tried many more gowns including white gowns, by that time me and my HTB was like.. With the quality and design of the gowns, this gonna cost much more than castalia and we fixed our budget for negotiation.

When it's time for package, the cost surprise us in a good way. Haha.. But we told her we will decide later as we viewing a few more bridal shops. No hard selling and the whole shop let us leave smiling, I guess they know we will be back. Lol.

3rd bridal: sg bridal house
Hmmm.. Not as good feelings as castalia and isadora. And so we tried all gowns within 30 mins and we are done.

As isadora bridal and sg bridal house is side by side. We eventually went back to isadora to sign. So far I am very pleased with their service.