Bath tub in HDB bathroom

not nan wah is poh joo if you didnt buy more items, prob will pick poh joo ba, cos price the cheapest, lookz also got bath tub but ex leh today went with my contractor to see,

berries5588

Is portable bathtub good? I like bathtub but family against me having it...so i'm thinking of having a portable one but not sure is it good anot.

berries5588

U mean we get the bathtub on our own then ask the contractor to do up for us? How much we need to pay them? I'm not sure as some charge like 800 plus to 1k for bathtub.

alice916

Hi all, Nan wah got warehouse sales last weekend.
Last month i had drop by to ask for the jaguzzi 1400mmx700mm,it's $813 After gst, had went to c from Poo joo $845.
Last weekend went to nan wah again to comfirm the order, after 15%, the jacuzzi it's $691 included GST, was happy to get the discount price:D:D

nini2

Hi Alice,

How do you know about the Nah Wah's warehousesale? Do you manage to see how much does a portable bathtub cost?

Anymore upcoming warehouse sale?

alice916

Hi, Cos last month we had went to Nan Wah, and the salesmen told us that their warehouse sale coming soon, and he had gave us his contact number to comfirm when's the warehouse sales.
Yesterday was the last day, no idea when ths warehouse sale coming again, but not sure the salemen still can offer the warehouse's price within this week? cos he had mention that if we want to top up some items within this week, he still can offer us the warehouse sale, but may be we got order items during promotion's date..

I didn't check the protable bathtub eh.. and never comphere from other's shop, i only focus on jacuzzi without protable:p

nini2

I see. So must check with the staff at Nah Wah. Went in to their website but they did not update.

My house is coming next year. The ECD is 1st quarter. So might be able to wait for another warehouse sale.

alice916

Ya when they was warehouse sales last saturday, i did check from their website and also check from newspaper( chinese newspaper) didn't mention bout the sales leh.

dryice50

Hi ekardo, I like to ask how many water point do you have in your master bedroom toilet? You have a deck mounted tap at the bath tub, what about a shower head?
I intend to put a bath tub too. My hubby wants to soak in the tub, but I also want a shower head but we heard that there is only one water point. Is it true?

ekardo

1 water point, but can split to shower head and water tap.

just drop by poojoo, he will explain to you one...

I normally sit on the bathtub to take shower... (japanese style.)

http://imageshack.us]
url]
[/URL]

my bathtub in its position.. 1700mm

fifi42

Hi, anyone faced with problems having bathtubs in HDB flat so far? I'm thinking of doing this in my new flat, but concern on leakage...

almost 2 months w bathtub.. hee but seldom soak cos scared water bill high.. usu after wash hair use the rinsing water for short soak lor..

almost 2 months w bathtub.. hee but seldom soak cos scared water bill high.. usu after wash hair use the rinsing water for short soak lor..

fifi42

Hi Susu... I'm installing mine in the next 3 weeks. If you can wait, I will share with you the pics when they are ready. =)

spacebar

hi susu!

it's never a regret to install the bathtub! i would say, go for it! will post a pic after i clean up the bathroom.. heheheh..

yeah.. i seldom soak as well but it comes in handy when u decide to pamper yourself with a DIY-spa session! ;)

oh yah! and with a bathtub also means additional chores to do. need to scrub bathtub very often to remove water marks..

strawberrysusu

Hi all,

Thanks for all the tips! Now I feel very tempted to install a bathtub in our bathroom...yes pls do post your pics when they're ready. Where did you all get your bathtubs from and how much did they cost? Thanks for all your help
happy.gif

go to jln besar
opp laverder market??
poh joo cheap, $280 for 1700mm normal bathtub..
nan wah down e road also got sell around similar price.. i bought from poh joo.. delivery charge if items less than $500

fifi42

Hi SuSu,
what is the size of the tub you are looking at?

Here is some of my research to share...
1/ Nam Wah (they are always having sale) - 1400 x 740 #wilton "royal" tub = $317.53

2/ Sing Xiang Jun - 1400 x 700 #carevelle = $298

But seems like none as cheap as the one Summer recommend. Can go take a look.

I finally got my bath tub delivered today... got a very good deal cos it was from a relative whom is in this line. =p

i went to both poh joo and nan wah.. end up buy at poh joo.. lots of ppl in this thread reccomend this 2 places.. my bathtub is beauford.. delivered promptly as wat others said.. price really good..

nini2

Hi Jaz,

How big is your bathtub? I also intend to install one and saw Nah Wah having a sale. Intend to get the 1400m one.

Anyone one had any ideas on how we can do diy spa at home in the bathtub?

fifi42

Hi nini...sorry for late response... mine is 1400 x 700. When installing the bathtub, suggest u take a look before they conceal the sides, to ensure the tub is sitting firmly on the concrete they place below. This will ensure the tub does not crack on the base because of weight/pressure. this was an advice from someone in this line to me...

DIY spa... hehe, using bath salts, scrubs, essential oils... or milk bath... depending on what sort of treatments u intend to use. In fact, u can find a lot of tips thru search engines on the internet... =p

nini2

Hi Jaz,

It's okay. You must be busy with your wedding & house right?

Mine will be portable that's mean don't need installation, juz put in can already.

nini2

had not buy yet, maybe next year. Is like normal bathtub. Saw the one with four legs, very nice, but expensive too, $2000 plus

fifi42

Hi Nini... I saw one in Xin Siang Jun... its really cool... the one right in front of the main entrance... very nice... can go take a look... =p

nini2

Yah, I also went to Xin Siang Jun last month, saw the portable with the legs. Very nice but expensive
sad.gif

I went to Nah Wah, and the price is more afforable. Guess, will call & check with them when they having the warehouse sale when I get my key.

I also fall in love with the crystal chandelier, 200 plus only. Got sale on the first week, but did not buy cuz I don't know put in which corner of the house.

May I sidetrack abit & check with you what theme is your house decor?

fifi42

Hi nini... sorry for late response... been pretty tight up with the reno... hehe

yar, I saw the chandeliers... think they look great. but didn't get it as was worried abt the cleaning.

mine is very contemporary/minimalist styling, using earthy tones. Its quite common now, but still very 'me'... hehe...

nini2

Hi Jaz,

Mine will be zen/resort style with waterfall, fishes ect. Thinking of doing up a diy small garden near the window. Don't know whether is it feasible???

Wow, you are doing the reno liao. Me still have to wait till next year
sad.gif

fifi42

hi nini... wow... urs sound so 'spa' like. My place is too small, so have to work on minimalism. But I'm excited! They fixed the lightings yesterday and will be installing carpentry next week. Most importantly, I can't wait to use the bathtub... hahaha!

Around which area is ur place? next year beginning? If so, its just a bit away only... =)

nini2

Mine is at Aspella also, blk 277D.

Mine I think is very small also, 92sqm. The dining area is so small, think had to custom make the table.

I feel like having a small garden & a cozy corner leh, this is my dream. Now can only day dream, only can plan when I get the key & see the actual layout.

Jaz, is it convenient to upload your house photographs for me to see when you are free?

fifi42

Hi Nini...
wow... so coincident! Mine is onlu 90sqm... the very squarish layout. reno is half complete only so I have not taken any pix. I'm going down today, will take a pix of the bath tub for u to see cos toilet is almost done up. =)

I like the layout of the 92sqm... its curved right? I think can do alot of unique designs with this layout... =)

My dining is also custom made. It should be done up this week. Will share with u if there is no delays... =)

nini2

Hi Jaz,

Merry Christmas
happy.gif

Sotong me, I don't know the 92sqm layout is curved until that day when we had finish chosen the unit, met my husband friend who also living in Aspella, told me that 92sqm layout will be curved

I don't like curve I like squarish, easier to put things.

The two commom bedrooms, curved like mad & very small.

I loved my master bedroom very big & squarish
happy.gif
& the long corridor.

Glad that you willing to share with me. Will wait for your photos
happy.gif

fifi42

hi nini,
didn't get to go today cos hubby didn't feel well. Will get u the pics this week. =)

ha... at least u get full drop down window... its nice... I saw a few units like that... i like leh even with the curve... =p

nini2

Hi Jaz,

Never mind take your time
happy.gif

Your's is not full drop window? Since you like it, why don't you chose it? All units booked?

Ya, I also like the full height window, that's why I chose the block which is unblocked and high, if not, our neighbour can see what's we are doing very clearly inside the house
happy.gif

fifi42

hi nini...
cos the ones I liked with the facing to morning sun have no more 92sq/m units at high level. So no choice. But i'm growing to like my unit a lot now too... haha.

oh, so you directly facing hougang side... its the last end unit issit? cool!

nini2

Hi Jaz,

Ya, my unit face direct to hougang side, the last end unit facing the field
happy.gif

But scare this view soon will be spoilt if they built high rise building
sad.gif

This is your first home mah, spent so much time & money on it, sure will love it one
happy.gif

fifi42

Hi nini...
this is the picture of my bathtub as promised...
591220.jpg

I have not put up the rest of the pix for my home cos the whole place is still in a mess...

Will try send them to you by next week after most of my furnishings are up and I've done all cleaning... =)

i recently notice tubs can trap water at egde then can find small worms like crawling or wriggling.. so need remove trap water at the egde everyday... so as not to hav chance of breeding mosquitoes..