Bath tub in HDB bathroom

april1976

me going to have a bath tub installed in my flat next wednesday, will let u guys know how it goes. Mine has legs so no real installation needed, just place in the shower area. Actually its my MIL who wants it as she bot this ultra-sonic bubble jet thing to put in the tub then can have jacuzzi...looks good!

aprilgal

Hi Aelic,
contractor by cornerstone... after knowing that i stayed on the top floor, she immediately tell me that not easy to get approval from HDB cos might cause serious prob to the whole block...

sounds weird too...

May i need which floor you staying?

angel19c

Hi Jennie, Aelic and Aprilgal,
I am also staying on the top floor, very keen to install a jacuzzi bathtub in my MBR toilet. I would like to know besides the cost of the bathtub, what are the other cost involved ? Does it involved hacking of tiles and wall(I cant hack as it is a new HDB premium flat for less than 2 yrs).

Hi Aprilgal and Jennie,
Possible to share your pics of your bathtub when it is done ? Thanks. [email protected]

aprilgal

hi Angel19c,

we are considering to install only, so not so soon... our block is reaching its 3rd yr in jan 06, so shall check with our contractor the total cost.

Think it depends on the size of bathtub to determine whether it required hacking of wall or not, is it?

nakedtoes

I would advice to go for standalone bathtub or juccuzzi... but they are about $700++ to 2k for jucuzzi functions.. Then u will not need to worry aout hacking or what...

Currently i bought a bathtub that needs to be mount and tiles around it... SInce i predict i will be using it not so often and my bathtub is only 1400MM long ,i am thiking of installing instant heater...

ANyone using bathtub with instant heater ?? can fill up the water reasonablly hot?

jennie

hi aelic i dont think instant heater is enough i got to use storage heater...
hi angel19c...since yr wall cannot be hack...u will have to buy standard size bathtub i guess..on top of the cost of bathtub u need to pay for installation ,storage heater and accessories i think

nakedtoes

Cons of storage is everything u have to go to common toilet to on switch then after bath u have to go there again to off the switch.. Furthermore i have to wait for the water to be hot. I only need 2 hot water point and I need to buy 2X mixer.... I presume i will only use the bath tub the most is weekly.. thus instant heater will be better.. and the haste of going to the kitchen to switch off the storage heater after my bath really puts the idea off.. Will look for better instant heater then

jbee

Hi, recently my friend got interested in wooden bath tubs but the prices quoted to him was really quite ex. Since I am working in Thailand, he asked me to source for him, and I found the exact same ones quoted and possible to get cheaper, just curious if any others interested, could get a bulk discount..

The tub has a normal release valve at the bottom like normal bathtub to release water, so installation should be almost negligible. The dimensions will fit a normal HDB bathroom also (length - 110/130/150, width - 75)
340509.jpg

stevy

Hi Aelic,

Sorry for replying so late. I have not been visiting this thread... I have not tested the heater yet. But phsyics fundamentals tells me that it will be hot loh. I have not shift in yet. So still a quesiton mark.

Also, can anyone advise me how to clean a bathtub? Particularly a jacuzzi

neosl0806

Hi, April1976,

Can sent me a pic for your bath tub at [email protected] Keen to install one with minimium installation so that can bring along when move house.

Between, what is the brand, model and price of the bathtub.

Thanks...

neosl0806

Hi JK,

I will also like to know the cost of the wooden bathtub. Think, no installation needed right?

But i dun think it will be cheap since have to import it from Thailand.

Thanks.

sspl

Hi april1976, i would like to view ur pic of bathtub, i like got legs one, so cute, so easy to clean beneath too..

Hi jewel, i would like to view ur unique bathtub too!

Tks!

Pls send to [email protected]

hi jk.. we are interested too.. but wondering what is the price and what is the wood made off.. just afraid later use one two years.. the wood cannot ta han.. got termites.. than we die.... can check what is the wood made of and the guarantee?

dabee

hi hi

i lookin for a portable tub. some thing like the wooden pic ones but plastic material type. i wonder how much these wooden ones cost...

anyone knows where to get them? thanks alots.

alice916

hi Jewel and April1976,
can send the pic and detail to me too? [email protected]

Just bought resale flat, might get key by end of next month for ready to renovation.Still thinking want normal bathtub or jacuzzi..

ekardo

go to poh joo or Nan Hua along Jalan besar..

pricing is around $240 for 1500 X 800..

I bought from poh joo and already install..but house still under reno..

this is my photo
508795.jpg

hi i also wan to get bathtub, i can get maybe 1.7 to 1.8 length cos my toilet very big and i also wan to use instant heater cos bathtub for me to rest my tired legs can stand long, and also bath my cats.. any cheap and good reccomendations?

fionamg

hi ekardo,

may I know the size of your bathroom. How much does it cost for total?
My hubby also want to have bathtub.
happy.gif

Thanks.

fionamg

Hi ekardo,

Thanks thanks
happy.gif

do u have to hack the tiles to put bathtub?

My bath room is only 1.6m. Is it possible to have 1.5m bathtub?

ekardo

mines also 1.6m, so shouldn't be a prob..

I hacked the whole toilet..

u can also install over your existing tiles...I think...check with Poh Joo or your ID ?

alice916

Hi Summer,

Poh Joo
159, Jalan Besar
Singapore 208895 (opp Jalan Besar Howker Center)

Nan Wah
4 Changi South Lane
1st-7th Flr
Nan Wah Buidling

ekardo

Nan wah or nan kee...can't remember, also along the street of jalan besar.

but I think poo joo is good...no complain and prompt delivery !

alice916

how bout Royal Fanco? hears lot good comment from Royal Fanco as their price very resonable? I plan to take a look from their shop too
happy.gif

alice916

Hi Summer,
i had went to Nan Wah yesterday, 1400mm jacuzzi it's $814.22 (inclusive GST).The salesmen told me that they will have warehouse's sale during begining of Sept, only 2 days warehouse sell. ask me bettet wait til tha day
happy.gif

I thinking to c Royal Fanco before Nan wah sale.

Summer, u had went to Poh Joo and Nan Wah liao?

i went to poh joo and nan hwa le, a bit diappointed, poh joo only one type to display and nan hwa keep on pushing products.. not sure how, still got delivery charges, the cheapest i fd is $307 from nan hwa for normal delta 1700mm
and $280+$30 delivery for poh joo the cheapest 1700mm
wher is this rf?