Bath tub in HDB bathroom

nakedtoes

Can send all yr bath tub picture to [email protected]

I intend to install a 1.4 tub in my MBR toilet.. Have a few questions...

1) What is the material use for the tub u buy? Fibre glass (acrylic) or steel press or procelin ceremic type of material (like toilet sink material)

2) U using instant heater or storage heater or the free gas heater??

Pls advice..

stevy

Hi Aelic,

Mine is Acrylic. Recommend thst you yuse a storage heater/free gas heater for jacuzzi. DUN use instant heater...... unless yours just a bathtub. I'm using gas heater.

nakedtoes

Steve .... what is the model of the gas heater u use?? how many litres?? NOw singapore power giving Borch brand dun know good or not.. SO u also using gas heater for yr bathtub and common toilet tap?? enough boh??

I getting normal bathtub not juccuzi type cause the nozzle and filter system must mainteince if u got use essence oil etc...

stevy

i am using the borch gas heater by city gas.

My heater is for jacuzzi and kitch sink only.

Opps... i have not research on the mainteince part... care to share info with me?

stevy

hi blur blur,

I have not taken any pics yet... my bathtub haven install yet...

my jacuzzi is abt 2k. 7 jets...

nakedtoes

Steve : izzt truth if i just install normal bathtub i can use instant heater?? the gas heater althought is free i have to install quite far into the kitchen to hide it.. from there the runing of the hot water pipe to the toilets is not free and has to be box up also. If instant heater is ok for normal bath tub then i dun mind..

For those with jets and juccuzzi.. u have to check with the company u bought how to maintainance... else after sometime the jet not powerful enough due to u using essential oil or other oil base bathing solution... My friend working in a SPA advice me to get normal Bath tub enough else if juccuzi type must chose a decent set which would cost lots of $$$.. maintenance for the filter system, the motor pump inside etc..

nakedtoes

Steve.. if possible can show me how u ask the sing power and yr ID to lay all those pipes... can email me at [email protected] ..If yrs is around $2k then i believe it is quite a decent set.. check for the mainteniace wise... servcing issue..

astrogirl

Hi, all!
Do I need to build concrete base for my bathtub? Any bathtub that can be installed w/o building any structure/support? Thanks!

jewel_1

hi all, for those who have requested for the bathtub pics, i will send tonite cos the pic is not inside my office pc.. sorry for not responding..

astrogirl, tink mine is without based de.. those can take out kind if next time i move hse.. i'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing.. hehe..

treasures

hi queenster are you still in this forum? how do you normally maintain your bathtub? i shower in mine every day (if not taking a bath) and i need to clean it at least once a month or else there will be build up of soap on the surface and it wun be as glossy. been asking around if got nice milk cleanser (don't want cif) but can't find. can advise?

stevy

Hi Aelic,

Yap, you can just use a instant water heater if you are using a normal bathtub. Those gas heater will seem very ugly cos we need to lay the gas pipes. Regulation by HDB does not allow us to conceal the gas heater.

We just tell them where we want to place the Gas heater, ask them to lay the pipes as close to the ceiling as possible. As for the water pipes from the heater, My ID settle it for me. Cos she has more experience than me. I just tell her to lay it close to the ceiling to make it look nicer.

nakedtoes

Steve: does the hot water pipes from the gas heater feels very hot?? can they be box up??

am still consider instant or gas heater... anyway do u have significant saving using gas heater?? the water heat up instantly?

treasures

helo astrogirl u still still need some installation like aligning the water pipes and stuff. but the standalone tubs do not need to build in, dun need to build the supporting strructure nor wall it in, if u know what i mean. it is movable but its so heavy u can't push it with one hand. so if u are worried about it sliding over the place don't. :p

jewel_1

hi astrogirl, u got mail. treasures has answered your Q, i believe..
happy.gif

angel19c

Hi Jewel,

Please send me a picture of your bathtub? Also keen to know how much it cost and where to get ? My bathroom is quite small.

angel19c

Hi Aelic,

Where did you get your bathtub from? Do you have any picture of your new bathtub to share ? I am sourcing for a jet-pool bathtub for my small HDB bathroom. *headache*

nakedtoes

Sorry i dun have pic.. the bath tub look same as the one selling at SIM SHiANG CHOON price at $268 can go IMM and see.. SSC got $160++ bathtub also it is under their clearance stock but available in PINK color only

nakedtoes

Model is Trojan.. bought at Chuan Heng a shop u walk down from SLT.. can also go SSC and see the $268 model look alike

nakedtoes

depends.. some ID quote me $300++.. this is because they need to source for the same tiles of yr HDB toilet and place hollow block and mount yr bathtub... My ID absord the cost but he might have earn in other areas also

nakedtoes

sim lim tower.. is along jalan besar... very near to sim lim square and the OG there.. u know where is belleri hood and hob? just opposite only