Back to Phase 2 (8-30 May) Wedding planning Rants

Oreocheesecakee

Planning for a wedding during this pandemic is very hard. Govt changes rules as and when.

Now that we decided to do a wedding of 50 pax at an increased rate due to the sitting of 5 per table.

Restaurant side also demanded that we must consume the remaining tables in due course, with full payment upfront, which is very ridiculous.
I don’t even know if their business will fold in the next couple of months. Very unfair for me, when I havent even use the remaining tables yet, why should I even pay in full?
Following which, we settled at partial payment for the remaining tables.

This is very exasperating when restaurant keeps bringing up the legal route, threaten to sue us if I were to cancel the wedding or I refuse to consume the remaining tables.
I really regret not cancelling and get back the deposit during the Temporary Covid Measure.

janicee.chee

Hello! I think based on the situation right now, I can relate.

We find ours very unfair to us as well. The penalty imposed if meant for couples who deliberately want to call off their wedding but ours is different. We are calling off because the whole pandemic and regulations are causing too much inconvenience and difficulties if we were to hold it.

Oreocheesecakee

Hi Janice, how much is the penalty? And deposit will be forfeited?? I called CASE, for my scenario, restaurant is going to increasing price for the table cos of the seating arrangement of 5 per pax. CASE can help to mediate.
And, also wrote to ministry of law, if the Covid temporary measures of contractual obligation can be valid for this re-announced phase 2. But still waiting for reply.
Hais... now bo Bian, need to continue with 50 pax without pet. I m just v displeased when the restaurant manager keep threatening me with a lawyer letter.

Bernardlyz

Going through the same problem as you guys too. Hotel is not being reasonable, food ingredients not bought yet but refuse to let us limit down to 50 pax without paying for the excess (they want to deliver food to the rest of the guests) and keep using the contract to push us away, also give us a very short postpone option period (up to September 2021).

At least we have rainy day funds to tide over this, can't imagine how others who are running on a tight budget are going to handle such cases.

Oreocheesecakee

Going through the same problem as you guys too. Hotel is not being reasonable, food ingredients not bought yet but refuse to let us limit down to 50 pax without paying for the excess (they want to deliver food to the rest of the guests) and keep using the contract to push us away, also give us a very short postpone option period (up to September 2021).

At least we have rainy day funds to tide over this, can't imagine how others who are running on a tight budget are going to handle such cases.
Hi Bernard,
I saw the news that some hotel can absorb the pre-event testing but I not sure if your guests are okay with the swab. Whereas my venue is a Chinese restaurant, they definitely won’t help me share or bound the expense for pre-event testing.
Instead of food delivery, y the hotel cannot do dining credit? *juz wondering~
Packed food is not as nice as eating at the venue.

Bernardlyz

We did some pushing and eventually, the hotel and we came to a win-win situation.

Managed to get what we want with a reduction in some benefits that were initially given (but understandable due to the reduced size).