Any trustworthy slimming centres?

missjanet

I gave birth 4 months ago and i haven't been able to loose my pregnancy weight. I heard about all these popular slimming centres, to name one of them will be London, are just out to con you to sign their ridiculous packages giving false promises like being able to loose 8-10kg in a month...

Anyone here can suggest other centres? I'm sure everyone knows all the other infamous brands. I'm looking for a place that won't "hard-sell" or "up-sell" their packages to me. And ya, of course they must deliver their promise. Haha

limpeipei

Hi! I know what you mean! Those centres are just the worst la. Idk why people still go there? Maybe they're conned into signing so many packages that they no choice have to keep going back..

missjanet

Hi! I know what you mean! Those centres are just the worst la. Idk why people still go there? Maybe they're conned into signing so many packages that they no choice have to keep going back..
I really think that's why too. Like loan sharks in a way? Lol! Anyways, do you go or know any other centres that aren't like them? More reliable and trustworthy place?

limpeipei

I really think that's why too. Like loan sharks in a way? Lol! Anyways, do you go or know any other centres that aren't like them? More reliable and trustworthy place?
Yes! There's this place called SHOU. They have a few outlet around sgp. Most central one is novena and raffles place. Got free trail too!!!

missjanet

Yes! There's this place called SHOU. They have a few outlet around sgp. Most central one is novena and raffles place. Got free trail too!!!
Oh novena is really near my place. Is the SHOU trail actually for free? Or did they make you sign packages before they gave it free?

limpeipei

Oh novena is really near my place. Is the SHOU trail actually for free? Or did they make you sign packages before they gave it free?
Yes its confirm FREE! I went down to SHOU with a friend and even better, got some promo so both my friend and i got about 50% off for some treatment? Who said there was no free lunch? Lol

missjanet

Yes its confirm FREE! I went down to SHOU with a friend and even better, got some promo so both my friend and i got about 50% off for some treatment? Who said there was no free lunch? Lol
Why so good? Haha but did they push their packages to you once you claimed all the free stuff?

missjanet

limpeipei

oh.. whats the cost of the package for SHOU like? do we have to follow their diet plan or take pills?

btb = brides to be

You could say i'm a btb, getting married mid next year hehe.
Nope. Totally no diet plan or pills needed. But dieting will help get better results. Their packages... after consultation, they will offer you a few to choose from to match the price range you're most comfortable with! There's some promo going on now eh. 3 treatments for like less than $200 only but for first time customers. Sad.. i cannot use the promo hahah
http://shouslimming.com/promotion

missjanet

You could say i'm a btb, getting married mid next year hehe.
Nope. Totally no diet plan or pills needed. But dieting will help get better results. Their packages... after consultation, they will offer you a few to choose from to match the price range you're most comfortable with! There's some promo going on now eh. 3 treatments for like less than $200 only but for first time customers. Sad.. i cannot use the promo hahah
http://shouslimming.com/promotion
Wa congrats! Haha. Is the consultation at SHOU free too?? And is it like a body analysis or just a sales person talking to you?

limpeipei

Wa congrats! Haha. Is the consultation at SHOU free too?? And is it like a body analysis or just a sales person talking to you?
Thank You! Yup its totally free. Just book an appointment online or text them. My experience was: I went in, the therapist asked about my problems then gave me quite a comprehensive analysis of my body and advised me on what treatments i could receive. What else you wanna know? haha just ask me

missjanet

Thank You! Yup its totally free. Just book an appointment online or text them. My experience was: I went in, the therapist asked about my problems then gave me quite a comprehensive analysis of my body and advised me on what treatments i could receive. What else you wanna know? haha just ask me
Ohhh sorry i keep asking so much! I'm just afraid that when i go down it'll be the same as those you know.. hard-selling establishments. But SHOU sounds pretty decent so far. Erm, you mentioned the free trial before. I know you said its free but did they do some sales talk after? Haha

limpeipei

Ohhh sorry i keep asking so much! I'm just afraid that when i go down it'll be the same as those you know.. hard-selling establishments. But SHOU sounds pretty decent so far. Erm, you mentioned the free trial before. I know you said its free but did they do some sales talk after? Haha
No its fine! Idm sharing my experience there. After the consultation, the therapist asked if i wanted a free trial so ya i took it since its free anyways. After the trial she asked me to come back anytime i felt comfortable. So no sales talk was involved until i was fully convinced the treatment worked! Which i was la evidently. lol

missjanet

No its fine! Idm sharing my experience there. After the consultation, the therapist asked if i wanted a free trial so ya i took it since its free anyways. After the trial she asked me to come back anytime i felt comfortable. So no sales talk was involved until i was fully convinced the treatment worked! Which i was la evidently. lol
Oh that's nice. Like no commitments at all! Sounds so good so far. Any downside so far? Like is the treatment a bit painful? Any needles involved? I'm scared of needles haha

What was the trial like and when you say the treatment work, in what sense? Like weight loss? Sorry for asking so many questions! Really skeptical after hearing so many horror stories about slimming centres

Carsiepars

yar.. was looking for reviews about it but mostly are from bloggers. wondering if there is any btb went for the session?
Hi, I'm a btb and I went there, though I signed up before the proposal.. I ended my sessions and overall lost abt 6kg in 2 months. They pride themselves on the treatment which is really painful but subject you to a really strict diet plan. If you do not follow it and not lose weight as a result, I was made to feel really guilty and forced myself to diet so that I will not endure the same attitude from the therapist the next session. Bear in mind that their sessions are 3 days apart and they expect you to lose 2kg per session.

My most successful session was losing 1.8kg in 2 days, but I felt miserable because I only ate cherry tomatoes and nothing else. This CT is a major point in their diet plan, you are told to consume 60 to 90 per day. I had many blueblack bruises on my body from the guasha.

I won't say that I regretted going there because I signed up during the sg50 promotion, but I wld say that the money could be better spent elsewhere. This is just from my experience.

Hi, I'm a btb and I went there, though I signed up before the proposal.. I ended my sessions and overall lost abt 6kg in 2 months. They pride themselves on the treatment which is really painful but subject you to a really strict diet plan. If you do not follow it and not lose weight as a result, I was made to feel really guilty and forced myself to diet so that I will not endure the same attitude from the therapist the next session. Bear in mind that their sessions are 3 days apart and they expect you to lose 2kg per session.

My most successful session was losing 1.8kg in 2 days, but I felt miserable because I only ate cherry tomatoes and nothing else. This CT is a major point in their diet plan, you are told to consume 60 to 90 per day. I had many blueblack bruises on my body from the guasha.

I won't say that I regretted going there because I signed up during the sg50 promotion, but I wld say that the money could be better spent elsewhere. This is just from my experience.
Hello. May I know which treatment did you sign up at Shou and how much did you pay for it?

limpeipei

Oh that's nice. Like no commitments at all! Sounds so good so far. Any downside so far? Like is the treatment a bit painful? Any needles involved? I'm scared of needles haha
Lol no needles at all. I'm scared of needles too btw. Haha! The treatment i did was called fat-freeze. Not pain at all i must say. Maybe slight discomfort? But only for a few seconds la..

limpeipei

What was the trial like and when you say the treatment work, in what sense? Like weight loss? Sorry for asking so many questions! Really skeptical after hearing so many horror stories about slimming centres
Hi there! They called it a body shaper treatment. They put some special gel on me then used some high tech machine to rub it around my body. Had some funny sensation haha. I went back to weigh myself, still the same 62.3kg... but they said it might take up to a week to see a difference. I carried on doing and eating the same things daily. About 4 days later i weighed myself. 60.4 kg!? Unbelievable. So i waited a week more to test whether my weight would rebound back. So total 12 days after my first weigh in, i was 60.5kg!! Gained a bit la but nothing to worry about. Then i went down to SHOU the following day haha

Hi there! They called it a body shaper treatment. They put some special gel on me then used some high tech machine to rub it around my body. Had some funny sensation haha. I went back to weigh myself, still the same 62.3kg... but they said it might take up to a week to see a difference. I carried on doing and eating the same things daily. About 4 days later i weighed myself. 60.4 kg!? Unbelievable. So i waited a week more to test whether my weight would rebound back. So total 12 days after my first weigh in, i was 60.5kg!! Gained a bit la but nothing to worry about. Then i went down to SHOU the following day haha
Thank you for sharing! What package did you sign up for? I just starting doing a bit of exercise, and I'm careful with what I'm eating. Hoping to lose at least 10kg for my pre-wed in October.

missjanet

Oh my.. This slim couture place sounds like a nightmare. Pain + strict dieting + High expectations? No one needs to pay for such extra stress! But what do you mean by 60 to 90 per day? Total calories? Don't tell me cherry tomatoes.. That'll be highly acidic and unhealthy

missjanet

Hello! I think you should create a new thread talking about your experience with SHOU. Seems like quite a number of us here are very interested! Also easier for you. No need to keep replying everyone 1 by 1. Haha

limpeipei

Hello! I think you should create a new thread talking about your experience with SHOU. Seems like quite a number of us here are very interested! Also easier for you. No need to keep replying everyone 1 by 1. Haha
Good idea! But i think its better for the person who introduced me to SHOU to write her experience! She went for this 100 Days thing with SHOU. They documented all the results for 100 days. Really big difference!!

missjanet

Good idea! But i think its better for the person who introduced me to SHOU to write her experience! She went for this 100 Days thing with SHOU. They documented all the results for 100 days. Really big difference!!

Go to SHOU for 100 days straight?! Don't think so right? Can slim down to bones after that. Haha! Was it some promotion too?? Or was your friend doing PR.

limpeipei

Go to SHOU for 100 days straight?! Don't think so right? Can slim down to bones after that. Haha! Was it some promotion too?? Or was your friend doing PR.
Haha no not 100 Days straight. Maybe about 2-3 times at SHOU a week? She said it was a campaign to engage real people to undergo their treatments showing real results. Rather than using those bloggers. More genuine la.

missjanet

Haha no not 100 Days straight. Maybe about 2-3 times at SHOU a week? She said it was a campaign to engage real people to undergo their treatments showing real results. Rather than using those bloggers. More genuine la.
Oh that's still quite often. 2-3 times a week for 3 months sounds time consuming.. Those bloggers are already quite slim too! Going for treatments also no diff. Haha

kkynongem

Hi, I went down to SHOU too. First trial is $99+, then 100days treatment cost 6k+<first time cmr>. If can't afford this price, there is a machine that only break fats, $2300+ for 10times. They very hard sell.

Carsiepars

Oh my.. This slim couture place sounds like a nightmare. Pain + strict dieting + High expectations? No one needs to pay for such extra stress! But what do you mean by 60 to 90 per day? Total calories? Don't tell me cherry tomatoes.. That'll be highly acidic and unhealthy

Yeah 60-90 cherry tomatoes

Rachelbaby

I did a package of whole body cryotherapy at physique. They said it burns about 800 calories each time. Saw some results BUT it was COLD..

JuzDream

I would recommend you to try Bikram Hot Yoga instead of using treatments for weight loss. It is much healthier as well. You can try for a free trial anytime at true yoga pacific plaze.

Personally I lost 5kg in 2 to 3 months but need to be persistant in going frequently

ddsl

OH no.. 60- 90 really sounds serious.. as in seriously overweight. I'm a BTB and lost 7.5kgs with them in 1.5 months. But my diet thats prescribed to me was only 1 box of CT per day. I've stopped for around 6 months and still maintaining well.. But i do agree with you that they pride their weight loss treatments else they wont do money back guarantee policy.

Ingyin.juni

I gave birth 4 months ago and i haven't been able to loose my pregnancy weight. I heard about all these popular slimming centres, to name one of them will be London, are just out to con you to sign their ridiculous packages giving false promises like being able to loose 8-10kg in a month...

Anyone here can suggest other centres? I'm sure everyone knows all the other infamous brands. I'm looking for a place that won't "hard-sell" or "up-sell" their packages to me. And ya, of course they must deliver their promise. Haha

Hi, I am currently going to Love De Beauteous at Toa Payoh Central which uses TCM cupping method to help you lose weight and overall health important. The price package is reasonable. I bought 1 package which include 20 slimming sessions. So far, I've lost 21.9kg so far within 2.5 months and I sill have 6 more sessions left to go.

With this package, i do not need to exercise or starve. I just need to follow their diet plan which doesn't limit the amount you eat and go to the cupping sessions regularly. The boss Linda and the team are extremely and they care about your well being too. if the 20 session package is too much for you, they have other type of packages and you can choose the one that suits you.

You can DM me if you wish to know more about the programme. Please take note that this is not a sponsored reply. I paid the full amount from my pocket for this slimming programme.

Attachments

• Body.jpg
    Body.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Face.jpg
    Face.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 19

Happyfood

Can go beauty collection at hougang mall. I went there and some of my colleagues said I slim down quite a lot though I continue to eat as per normal. If keen can pm me.

Ms Chua

Utterly disappointed with Slim Couture. Not as effective as I thought.
1) Compulsory to take up 8 sessions, only lost 1kg after first 2 sessions. From 3rd session to 6th session, weight remained constant. Somemore on the 6th session, staff took my measurement, weight didn’t drop as compared to previous session, she told me to skip the session instead, go home and control diet, then come back again. But I insisted to do because it was a waste of time to travel all the way there yet not get anything done. Isn’t it weird?
Firstly, the treatments are supposed to help you lose weight, but when she saw no weight loss, she told me to go back and control diet. If so, why do I still need to go Slim Couture?
Secondly, when I insisted, they did my treatment for me. However, after the session, staff asked me if I wanna sign more sessions, cuz I’m only left with 2 sessions, explaining that there’s not much time left to reach my ideal weight. I told her to let me consider, and she said if I want to continue, MUST let her know by next session.
To be honest, I felt it was a sales technique, because given my results, it would be difficult for her to persuade me to take up more sessions, thus she wanted to make sure there was weight loss (so asked me to go home and control diet, lolol seriously pay money for nothing)

2) Please note that I did follow the diet plan. According to the staff, the reason why my weight didn’t drop is because I was supposed to only eat till 70% full. And I was taught 70% full means after eating respective meals, I am supposed to drink a cup of water immediately, yet still feel slightly hungry. If I feel full, means it’s more than 70% full. So bear in mind, if you do sign up for weight loss treatment with Slim Couture, you have to feel hungry everyday for at least a month ah (8 sessions, twice a week, means 4 weeks)
I only ate 2 pieces of whole meal bread for breakfast, veggies and chicken/fish for lunch (no rice, no noodles, no fried food) and fruits(kiwi and papaya) for dinner.

3) Oh yes, and promotions are so exclusive, I saw staff asking another customer to share their post and tag 3 friends for $120 discount over the counter. But it was not offered to all customers (including me) So, Slim Couture is not very “transparent”.

4) I’m still left with 2 sessions and I’ve decided to not go back anymore. It’s $220 per session, I’d rather “throw $440 into the sea” than waste more time and feel the stress to reject taking up more sessions.

5) And be prepared to have bruises all over your body. I mean I am ok with that and it’s expected cuz of all the guasa and cupping. But the bruises are really quite jialat, bruises were much more serious after 1st treatment, too bad, I didn’t take photo.
The place is considered clean, staffs are quite friendly. But results really not there, not value for what I paid.

Utterly disappointed with Slim Couture. Not as effective as I thought.
1) Compulsory to take up 8 sessions, only lost 1kg after first 2 sessions. From 3rd session to 6th session, weight remained constant. Somemore on the 6th session, staff took my measurement, weight didn’t drop as compared to previous session, she told me to skip the session instead, go home and control diet, then come back again. But I insisted to do because it was a waste of time to travel all the way there yet not get anything done. Isn’t it weird?
Firstly, the treatments are supposed to help you lose weight, but when she saw no weight loss, she told me to go back and control diet. If so, why do I still need to go Slim Couture?
Secondly, when I insisted, they did my treatment for me. However, after the session, staff asked me if I wanna sign more sessions, cuz I’m only left with 2 sessions, explaining that there’s not much time left to reach my ideal weight. I told her to let me consider, and she said if I want to continue, MUST let her know by next session.
To be honest, I felt it was a sales technique, because given my results, it would be difficult for her to persuade me to take up more sessions, thus she wanted to make sure there was weight loss (so asked me to go home and control diet, lolol seriously pay money for nothing)

2) Please note that I did follow the diet plan. According to the staff, the reason why my weight didn’t drop is because I was supposed to only eat till 70% full. And I was taught 70% full means after eating respective meals, I am supposed to drink a cup of water immediately, yet still feel slightly hungry. If I feel full, means it’s more than 70% full. So bear in mind, if you do sign up for weight loss treatment with Slim Couture, you have to feel hungry everyday for at least a month ah (8 sessions, twice a week, means 4 weeks)
I only ate 2 pieces of whole meal bread for breakfast, veggies and chicken/fish for lunch (no rice, no noodles, no fried food) and fruits(kiwi and papaya) for dinner.

3) Oh yes, and promotions are so exclusive, I saw staff asking another customer to share their post and tag 3 friends for $120 discount over the counter. But it was not offered to all customers (including me) So, Slim Couture is not very “transparent”.

4) I’m still left with 2 sessions and I’ve decided to not go back anymore. It’s $220 per session, I’d rather “throw $440 into the sea” than waste more time and feel the stress to reject taking up more sessions.

5) And be prepared to have bruises all over your body. I mean I am ok with that and it’s expected cuz of all the guasa and cupping. But the bruises are really quite jialat, bruises were much more serious after 1st treatment, too bad, I didn’t take photo.
The place is considered clean, staffs are quite friendly. But results really not there, not value for what I paid.

Hi Ms Chua, I recently discovered this swallowable weight loss balloon. It's actually help to lose weight up to 10 - 18% which clinical proven research. It seem promising compare to slimming centre but however I am actually still doing more research to find out more about it.

What kind of slimming pill is this? Are you sure it can help with 10-18% of body weight loss? That means I weight 100kg, I will be 82kg after eating this slimming pill???!!! Sure this isn't a scam??

Hi Jae, hahaha it is not a slimming pill. For this is a weight loss balloon that will be place in your stomach to reduce your appetite from eating a lot. I am still not sure about the information regarding this as I am still doing research about it. But based on my research, there are many kind of balloon in the market.

alexendra

you can try defato hub. they're new in the market but they have medical backing so i think they are definitely the more trustworthy slimming centres out there. i lost 11kg so far from them, and this is in 13-14 weeks (and i'm planning to lose more)