Any Recommended Bridal Shops

ryanmel

Hey ladies,
i went to the BS fair at Vivo today...

Finally found a very good offer,
with Amore Bridal House http://www.amorebridalhouse.com/

anyone who wants to know my package,
feel free to pm me...

Maybe if i intro more ppl to them, they will give us more offers!
lol *wink

thinki

My FH & I went vivo's fair. My AD is sept 09.

The people there were mostly doing hard-sell. We ended up leaving vivo unhappily as he accepted their hard-sell while I'm not so easily "fooled".. Heard of bridal saying you are not allowed to view their gowns if you have not signed up? Hubby's suit is only OTR & not MTM?

After knowing those strange terms, i realised my sis in-law actually tried their gowns last year but never signed up. So I didn't understand why that salesperson said I can only view their gowns after signing up.

I'm still in search of BS with quality service, design & nice photography. I believe there are some fake brides in forums trying to advertise. I'm only interested to have real BTB sharing their views. Any around?

eevee

hi thinki, i'm a satisfied btb with Julia Wedding News. if u interested in gowns that are princessy with lotsa details u might wan to consider. email me at [email protected] if you want me to share my package details with you.

I've just finished my ROM and will be going for my PS in Taipei in June ..

Of cos, I will recommend u shortlist a few BS u interested in and go down to view their gowns to have a feel.
happy.gif

kwek82

Hi all,

i am actually interested in Digio and Z Wedd___. tried to look for some info on Z wedd___ but they closed the link, any comments? anyone took package from there? how's the service?

reychell

Jiahui>I would like to recommend My Bridal Room if ur still sourcing for BS. What attracts me is the service and friendliness of the staff. The moment I stepped in, my co-coordinator, Sandra spent almost 3 hours explaining to me the package and to see the gowns. She is very patient.

The people there are very sincere and honest and they explained things without hidden cost which i like. I think price do plays a part, but the service is even more impt.
Form our conversation, Sandra noes what kind of gowns i like and she recommend some of the gowns that she feel suitable, I immediately fall in love with the gowns.

My Bridal room is the 1st BS i went to and i have no regrets about it. I have brought frens to MBR and they really like the place and service too. They are very flexible too. Once I bought one of my frens down, she is keen to sign up with MBR. But she has some financial difficulties. Then I discuss with Sandra and Uncle Quek. They allow her to place initial deposit of $500. Then, subsequently, they allow her to pay like installments of 300-400 each time. Their services are very good. They will really listen if u have concerns and will try to sort out for us. That is why I like about their services. Like other BS, for crystals and beads, they have additional charges but for MBR they dont charge us. Main thing they are honest, sincere and no hidden costs.

cherryng

Hi Thinki,

I'm quite a choosy person and visited about 8-10 BS before signing up. If u need any information of BS that u like, u can email me at [email protected]. will try to help u if i can.Must to be a happy BTB. Cheers, ^o^

kiddyu15

Hi,

I signed with a Bridal Studio in JB.. Very good customer service and competitive price.. Can take PS in Desaru and JB (something different).. Can check out their website for their album designs - http://www.sgbridalhouse.com
Only con is have to travel over the customs Malaysia but definitely worth it.. =)

thinki

Hi all,

I'll probably sign up with MBR as I am attracted to their outdoor PS @ desaru. The people there are nice. Hopefully their MTM gowns will turn out nice.

Meikuan> any of ur gown is mtm by sandra?

reychell

Thinki> My gown i have not decided yet. Gn 1st appoinment on 14.03.09. My co ordinator is sandra. So have u taken up the package. Wats ur package like? DId u try the gowns b4 u sign up? The frens i brot, uncle quek allow my frens to try the gowns since i noe them well. They give quite good package to my fren too. The same as mine loh.

thinki

I've fixed appt wif sandra nx wk for signing package and 1st appt
happy.gif

Hi Celin, I have read alot from this forum. n i realised that MBR is 1 of those with highest post numbers. MBR chatroom seems to have many happy brides discussing abt MBR, husband, bb & honeymoon. I have yet to read any complain. Well, drop by MBR this week b4 going to the bridal fair this weekend to see see look look. I believe u'll like MBR also. cheers..
happy.gif

celin

Hi Thinki: Thanks for your kind advise. Do u used to be their bride? mind sharing your pics/package wif me? Can email me at [email protected]?

princessxue: Mind if you share with me your wedding package from JWN as well?

Btw, i was wondering if there's any bridal fair coming up or did i miss any? =)

thinki

hi celin,

i haven't signed wif MBR yet so cant email u any package. planning to sign nx wk as i'll b out of country tonite till nx wk.

anyway, just briefly let u know MBR basic 2 OTR WG & EG package is $3388; 1 MTM & 1 OTR is $3988; 2 MTM is $4288; hot press album usual $ is additional $200. the items they give is almost whatever u need except no bridal car.

MBR's package & $ is quite standard/stiff. i only managed to bargained $100 discount for their hot press photos & changed 2 fathers' suit to 1 tea dress for my sister.

u have missed many bridal fairs already. there were more than 4 in past 2 months. but there is one more this weekend at vivo. may be u check out the participating bridals from the forum 1st. understand their service b4 u commit at the fair. i read many ppl seemed to regret signing at the fair.

think u don really need to be at the fair to have good bargain for package as u have not viewed their actual gowns & their service's true colors.. i actually went to 1 fair only & did shop visits to those that i saw at the fair & also those that din participate. i'm someone that need to visit their shopfront b4 i commit. anyway, those better bridals dont seem to participate in these fairs.

btw, i went to jb's bridal fair, tot maybe can save some $. their EG colors combination made me almost fainted.. imagine lemon yellow EG with red embriodery & some other colors combination looked for non chinese..

good luck
happy.gif

sheman

i so confusing look at all bridal shop. the package are all quite costly at least $3000 above.

anyone got good lobang my budget is around $2500

xiaoer

hi Thinki (thinki) and Meikuan (reychell)! Could you kindly share your package with My bridal room? I have went to a few other shop in Tanjong pagar so wana compare with MBR before going down
happy.gif
Thanks a million! [email protected]

thinki

Hi xiaoer,

I have replied ur email. Anyway, i believe u'll need to like their displayed gowns n photography b4 u sign up with them. I've been to some that mainly use sequins n design looks old fashion, which were quite turn off to me.

I chose MBR coz my HTB & i like their photography very much. Their displayed gowns r not bad, package price is reasonable & the MBR people r nice.

1 thing i used to worry is that what if the photographer quits b4 my PS. Well, I'm reassured now coz the photographer i like is the MBR's boss. He cant run away..
happy.gif

sweetjt

Hi,

I have a very comprehensive package from Yvonne Creative to let go due to some personal reasons. Originally $3088 and i have paid $1088. Willing to let go at $800.

Pls email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!

maka_tan

so many bridal shops, so confuse dont know where should i start from. went to 1 of the bridal shop in tajong pagar the sales person is so pushy keep asking me to sign on spot.

Anyone can help !!!

jinglebell10

Hi,

I have signed up with julia wedding news too. they have many princessy gowns and good makeup artist n photographer. Their service has been very consistent so far too. if interested, can email me at [email protected] i can share my package details with you

asumi

Hi, personally i've stepped into those mentioned in this thread. Here are my comments:

1) Yvonne Creative
Staffs over there are very pushy with their sales. Currently they are having a roadshow (until today), at bugis junction. They mentioned that they would give me MTM gowns, both wedding and evening gowns. And mentioned that there's no extra charges for beading and such. As i personally like those french laced jowns, and for french lace, it's rather expensive, may cost up to thousands per yard. So i just asked the sales personel if that is possible. That is when the lady said that she's not being able to give what i want, without additional charge. So, from what i see, if you choose yvonne creative, most probably there are hidden costs here and there after you sign their package. As for their gowns, i think that it's rather common, nothing special, in my opinion that is. Another thing is, when i went there, they are rather busy with their customers, trying to fit gowns, selecting photos and such. Quite packed, and thus i wasn't offered to try on the gowns. The prices they showed me starts from $3388.

2) Di Gio
People there are really friendly. They actually asked my to try out their gowns, even thou i told them that i may not be taking up their package eventually. I don't feel being pressured to take up any package throughout the whole visit, it was a very relaxing trip. Gowns wise, no need to worry, they've got a really nice collection, and some winning award gowns. Their package prices starts from $3688.

3) French Bridal
I heard from one of the BS that this French Bridal and Di Gio Brides has got the same boss, and that some of their gowns are actually so-called 2nd hand from Di Gio. Not sure whether this is true or not. Overall, i personally find that their wedding gowns are not bad on the whole, just that evening gowns are a little not grand enough. They offer you to try on their gown, only upon asking. Their prices starts from $3688 as well.

4) My Bridal Room
Opened not long ago, MBR has been in the market for only 3 years. Comments from people i know is that, to them, service is very important. From what i see, their photography skills is not bad, layout is quite good also. Gowns wise, wide selection and rather trendy. People there seems nice too. Only thing is that i'm looking for a BS that is establish in singapore, around 10 years and above in singapore. This is because i'm intending to get a bridal package that allows me to use the gown for my ROM as well. After my ROM, most probably about 1-2 years later, then i'll have my AD wedding. In this case, i don't want to have the scene when a bridal shop closes down, then transferred to another bridal shop, and i'll have to top up additional to the new bridal shop. Cases of such do happens, such as milan and d'sire. Prices start from $3388 onwards.

5) La Belle
This company has been in this industry for about 5 years or so. Service is very nice, not pushy at all. Knowing that we've been to several bridal shops already, the consultant straight away gave us freebies here and there without us doing any bargain. Meaning, there's more to be discuss if we decide with them. Excellent gowns, whether is it wedding or evening gowns, la belle simply stands out. Only this is that, from what i read in this forum, they are short-handed. Meaning that their staffs are not enough to handle so many customers, but usually the problem is solved quickly. I guess this is a price to pay if you are looking for a package which is low cost and glamorous gowns. Personally feel that as long as communication is done well, problems would be minimized to the lowest. Their package starts from $3388 onwards.

6) Julia Wedding News
This shop has got really nice and beautiful gowns. The best of all the bridal shops which i've personally visited. But of cos, their price is also one of the best. Their staffs offered me to try on th gown without me asking. If you're thinking of going overseas to shoot your pre-wedding, especially taiwan. This is the place to go as their main branch is in taiwan itself. The singapore branch has been around for 14 years already. Their package starts from $3799 for just indoor photography. If you want outdoor as well, additional of $300 is required. Many other costs to add in as well, from what i calculated, to get a similar package from other bridal shop, you would need to pay about $4500 or so to be a bride from JWN.

This is just my point of view from the above bridal shops i've visited. Hope it helps.

lillies

Hi Pei Wen, thnx for ur info. In the end, which BS did u select?

So far, I have only visited My Bridal Room and Di Gio, both have very nice WG and EG.
But I find Di Gio designer have attitude problem.

eevee

Peiwen > I also visited a few of the BS u mentioned and I eventually selected Julia Wedding News as their service really bought me over.. plus with their beautiful gowns, photos .. In fact I just cam back from my Taiwan PS. Julia Wedding News is having a roadshow at Suntec this weekend. They have very good deals at roadshows as one of fren got a similar deal to mine for about $4000 nett when I paid abt $5k plus(i signed at the shop). If keen can email me ([email protected]) and I'll share my details with you.

asumi

WhiteLillies, in the end, i was being stucked between Whitelink and La Belle.

Whitelink really gives me a very good and comprehensive package (cos my friend's aunt is the co-owner of WL). Just that for the gowns wise i am not that certain as i've got very different taste as many, cos i would like to get a mermaid cutting wedding gown than the usual ball gown. But on the other hand, my bf said that our wedding would be like 1-2 years down the road. Within these period of them, who knows they may have something i like till then?

La Belle wise, i really like many many of their gowns, package wise, comparable with WL. Very tempted to sign with them. But being in the market for only 5 years is a little, just a little worrying for my case.

In the end, i chose Whitelink (The same one Lee Jia Wei signed up with). Well, that's not really the main point, the thing is because WL has been in Singapore for more than 10 over years already. Their service is good also. As for my case, i am able to get some of the hidden costs waived due to my friend's relationship with them, meaning i can save quite a sum here and there. And also, additional photo/page top up is one of the cheapest around (WL's one is $68 for 15R, most of the other BS is $70-$85). Most importantly, is that i finally saw something i like in WL already. In that case, i feel much safer to sign with them.

WhiteLillies, if you would like to know more info of WL packages, feel free to email me at [email protected]
happy.gif

lillies

Hi PW, glad tat u hv chosen something u like. IMO, mermaid cutting is nice but hv difficulty sitting down coz usually its tight fit at the waist and hip area.
wink.gif

I hv came across White Link b4 in a bridal fair at Marina Sq 2 yrs ago. Was dragged into the booth while shopping with bf. At that time we werent planning for any wedding yet but the sales staff was kinna pushy. Kept wanting us to sign their package and start planning our big day immediately. Aiyo, how to? We just started dating for 3 months nia.
uhoh.gif

asumi

Whitelillies, i like mermaid cutting because can show off my waist and hips...hehe...
happy.gif

Actually the person the we signed up with at WL isn't that pushy, we went there total of 3 times, even tried on their gowns during these 3 visits. They were still patient with me. It's only at the 3rd visit when we signed up with them.

sweetj

Hi,

i have a very comprehensive package from Yvonne Creative to let go at $800. The original price is $3388 and i managed to bargain to $3088. I have paid a deposit of $1088 but due to some personal reasons i have to let it go. It includes almost everything you need for indoor & outdoor photoshoot, ROM, tea ceremony, church wedding (if you have) and Actual day dinner. The gowns are made to measure (MTM). Open date too. I signed up this package at a bridal fair and it took us a long time to bargain with them and get all the additional goodies we need. All bridal studios have hidden charges but we have gone through that stage. We asked them to list out all the possible hidden charges in the package so they can't anyhow charge later on. They are also very flexible in exchanging things in the package to things that you need. Like more pictures/poses, more men's jackets. My consultant is Jean. A very friendly and patient lady. Despite all our bargain and keep asking for more things, she can still smile at us and offer us appropriate advices. You can visit their website at http://www.yvonnecreative.com.sg/. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in the package. Thank you. :>

asumi

Haha...must work hard not to put on weight loh, no pain no gain...lols...but only bad point is my height, i'm only 1.52m...

Btw, have you decided which BS to sign with?

lillies

Hi PW, a pair of 4" heels will do wonder!!
kao_wink.gif

I have yet to sign with any BS. There are 2 bridal fairs in July, I wanna to check it out first.

asumi

Haha...no, the 4" heels still not enought for me...lols...

I think the one at suntec can don't go, waste time. Just take a look at vivo's one. There's quite a huge choices for you to chooose from. And from what i know, better bargains if you sign up at the bridal fair. PS: try to bargain more...haha...

lillies

Huh 4" heels still not enough ya? Wow...
Oic, thanks babe. Will probably check out the BS b4 going to the fair. Like u said, can bargain more if I like their gowns...
kao_sticktongue.gif

asumi

Yah, ask for more pics, fathers' jacket, mothers' gown (if possible), bridemaid dresses, bestman's jacket and etc.

asumi

No probs.

Do not forget to get them list down all the hidden costs. Like transport for photoshoot, price of ampoules, lashes, additional pics/poses/photos.

Then also ask them if you don't like the photos, can re-shoot or not, if yes, is there any additional costs for re-shooting? And also, is there any additional charges if there's nite shoot? As well as any additonal charges if MUA arrive your place early (like at 6am).

Another advice is, do not jump in to pay full amount even if they say will give you more photos (unless your AD wedding is just like end of the year or early next year). This is to secure yourself, cos there's many people who did so, and the BS just close down just like that. Imagine all money gone just like that.

snk

Hi,

Can i just check does anyone knows when is the next 2 bridal shows in July? And where?

Many tks..