Any recommendations for pte Driving Instructor (auto)?

barberry84

Hi,

Agreed with the price range. But, my sister got driving lesson from someone called Mr. Osman, with that price range. Will PM you for details, whether you want to know more.

winterglee

hello love_cutiey, so coincidence! i just changed my manual driving instructor to auto today and he recommended me his friend, vincent goh.

i was worried if mr goh will be same as him as I can't stand my manual instructor's teaching methods. But after seeing your remarks here, i felt more relieved
happy.gif
I have not meet him, most likely next week.

socksham

Hi,

Looking for auto car pte driving instructor at SSDC too. Called one that charges 30/hr for weekend, is it expensive? What is the market rate?

Love_cutiey can tell us Mr goh's rate?

annedrew

Hi,

My auto instructor at ssdc charges from $42 to $45 for 1.5 hrs. Think its the market rate for auto cars. Maunal cheaper. I check with my friend at Ubi. oso somewhat same price.

noella

I tink they increase ever since the oil price soar. Like wat Annedrew mention, auto rates are more exp than manual now.

iteo

i just passed my driving today!! so happy!! its my 2nd attempt, but frankly i should have passed on my 1st if not because i was too scared and drove too slowly... hahahhaa

my instructor is good! fatherly figure who wants me to stand on my own feet. naggy at times and will reprimand me (note, NOT SCOLD AND SHOUT... which my 1st instructor did...) sometimes if i really make stupid mistakes and subject myself to danger... he's been very patient with me and never gave up even when i was a real slow learner.. always forget things.. but with practice, i've learnt not to memorise.. which really every driver should not do.. must react to road conditions..

anyway, my instructor only with ubi.. his name is william kwok hin hup. anyone interested can always email me for his contact! =)

good luck!!

winterglee

hi mixue, i just got my licence in may and I passed 1st time under mr goh.

i changed from a 1st lousy manual instructor to him and i am so glad i did. mr goh is good, patient, speak softly, alert. not those "want to earn your $" by dragging your time to learn as long as possible (like my 1st instructor).

but most instructors will need you to travel to gombak mrt. he does not fetch you. you can reach him at 96473600. he is driving toyota vios.

iteo

too bad my instructor is at the east.. he drives toyota axio, and uses quite a few markers on his car to guide you.. hehehe.. axio has a sign at the front like mercedes so u know where the head of your car is.. hahahhahaha!!

anyway, anyone interested can call william 97456828. say intro by irene, the one who passed in march =)

Anyone have experience with this few instructors (BBDC) which i've shortlisted?? Kindly share your views..

Mr. Goh ("winter" recommended)
Tan Key Chuan
Lim Boon Seng
Tan Ser Chwee
Ng Keng Hwa

fiowky

I would like to find a private instructor (auto0 in north/west. Any good one to recommend? Is there any hidden fees excluding the hourly charge? PLs help, I need one urgently. thanks

zeenee

folks, would like to recommend my private instructor. here's where i found him by chance : Singapore Driving Instructor

He is not those hokkien uncle instructor. Can speak and explain in english quite well! was quite surprised!! Give him a call on the phone and you will know.

He is my 3rd instructor i have tried so far. Although he charges a little bit higher than others.. but whats the point of going to someone cheaper but end up paying more $$ at end because you don't understand what the instructor is saying or explaining..

Interstingly, they are a husband and wife team.
so ladies out there, no worries if you want a female instructor.

jessie_c

Hi, can anyone intro me a gd and patient pte driving instructor? I'm really pissed with mine. Got no patient.

Pls PM me the contact. Thank you so much!

jessie_c

Gd morning ladies,

I'm not sure if I sHould swItch to auto learning instead.

I really need a very patient instructor to teach.

Currently mine was really very attitude and scolding when you made mistake.

And he even asked me to switch to auto. I'm really very sad.

rosemarie

I just passed my (Auto) driving ytd.

My instructor is really good. No radio and very attentive. I tried the other instructor before, he shut his eyes while I was driving, talked alot, on the radio and asked me to help him read his msges.

PM me if you need his contact. He charges $30/hour, BBDC private instructor.

vee5

Hi Rosemarie,

Your account dun accept PMs. :) Can you pls PM me ur instructor's contact no pls? Or anyone else with a good recommendations? Thanks! :)

Summerpie

Hi, I have a total of 3 Driving instructor and finally I found a patient instructor. He is a god send and he does not show attitude and good pride in his teaching. He teaches auto car and pick up at Ubi. He teaches refresher course too. His number is 97471813 Mr Yap.