Any recommendations for a pet shop to buy a puppy?

blissfulme

hi all,
hmm before u start buying or adopting that cute, adorable puppy in the window..pls pause and think twice of the commitments that you have to give in the next 10 or so years..

For vet.. ARC is gd.. they have a new outlet in Balestier Road. I've a regular vet at Sgn Gdns but I went to ARC (just outside my place) one night because my dog was seriously ill. The vet i recommend is Dr Lauw & Dr Su. The best part i like about them is their 24hrs clinic..its really 24hours.. i was allowed to pop by anytime of the night when i miss my dog. When my dog need to be warded in ICU, they even allow me to bring her to the cage so she will feel less afraid. And the vet made every effort to call me to update on her condition. The nurses and staff were patient and accomodating. The only down side is their charges are higher than the other vets in Singapore. But u are given Raffles-Clas svc
happy.gif
When my dog passed away, Dr Lauw was really nice to call up and check how I am, and even sent me a sympathy card. Was really touched!

I will not recommend Mt PleasantHospital at Stevens Road should your dog require emergency treatment. Staff is really stuck-up, and you are not allowed to bring your dog to her cage although its a 24hour clinic.Also, the "sick-bay" is not conducive for pets recovery. Also, no particular vet to follow up on your dog, they go by shift.I transferred my dog to Mt Pleasant because her fees at ARC was really too exp and I cant afford it. ITS A HUGE MISTAKE. My dog didn't make it. The 'best part' is..they took blood samples of my dog the morning before she died.. but the vet did not even bother to explain to me. We only found out when we are paying for the bill and I demanded an explanation.

shetlandlover74

i hae a 2year old female shetland sheepdog urgently looking for male shetland for mating.my shetland colour is sable white with full collar.if intersted please contact me at hp:90602774 kelvin.thanks

jfoll

Hi guys, I have a 4 years old chiwawa and i'm wondering if she's too old to mate. I don't want her to die without any 'children' as she has a very good temperant. Any advice? How can i do so if i don't have a male chiwawa?

chicklet

Hi Spud,

How about adopting? So many dogs out there looking for love..... My colleague volunteers at SPCA and I've got many contacts also. You MSN me at [email protected] and I point you in the right direction, help u get all the info and answers you need... There is also an active adoption forum at www.dogsforum.sg. Do think about the HUGE committment you will need to put in... Food, time walking, training and washing them, vet fees, vacinnations, permits, etc...

I bought my first English Springer Spaniel (ESS) because I couldn't find this breed in SG, period. Later met a Police Dog Unit and he put my name up. Adopted a 10-yr-old ESS a few months back. Fred and Oris are now best pals! Oris is enjoying her retirement home....

You can really make a difference in a dog's life. Go for it!

shuimeixie

I also wanna adopt a puppy. If not, buy also can. I believe having a puppy can make my marriage life more interesting, like got stuff to do together.
happy.gif

zoei

Hi, I would recommend Seletar Farmway, I just bought a Maltese from them, very good. Good Service=)

wob8ly

just adopted another mini schnauzer to add to our family today... older sister schnauzer got a little jealous but little brother seemed fine.. but he was scared as he came to us today.. adopted him from a friend's friend whose mother freaked out cuz din want the dog ard and demanded that he was removed....

rosemarie

Hi...

I saw puppy corgis in a pet farm at Pasir Ris... But its going at around 2k...

anyway its not approved in HDB flats... its quite an active dog i suppose... and considering e size... i guess it needs more space... so only get it if u haf a big house... if not e dog will suffer...

Hope tt helps...