Any plus size brides? :)

Minkishly

I'm a bigger sized bride, but my wedding will be much sooner than that. :D Nov 2016! Still on the process of exercising / dieting, but I seem to be falling off the bandwagon lately. DIE.

Minkishly

I started out as a UK 14/16, now I'm a UK 12. Did my gown selection when I was at my biggest though. :p Yup, I had my pre-wedding PS back in June! I actually gained some weight back since then, boo hiss. It was too much of a relief when the shoot was over, hahaha.

shulinaoy

Sama Sama! I'm having my wedding in Nov this year! Hahah dieting lose weight then gain back. End of day still abt the same lol.

Minkishly

Honestly, in my opinion - exercise and diet is the best way to go. It's slower than paying a king's ransom for all kinds of programs and whatnot, but it *really* pays off. Think of it as making an investment in your body. Successful weight loss requires an entire change of lifestyle because otherwise, you won't get to keep the progress that you make. Anything that you can't sustain in the long run is just money and effort down the drain.

When I was the most diligent, I did one strength workout and one cardio workout 5 days a week. For my strength training, I used the Jillian Michael's 30 days shred workout (which you can get for free on youtube). The whole workout is only 30 minutes. For my cardio, I did HIIT (high intensity interval training) on my cross trainer / elliptical machine. That takes about 25 minutes, but it's very intense. I cut all carbs, sugar and fried stuff from my diet. Within 2 months, I lost 7kg without spending a dime.

Of course, it's hard to maintain something as intense as that, so right now, I'm eating normally (cake, fries and all) and I alternate between strength and cardio every other day. My size has stabilized at a UK12. I could have carried on with my previous attempts and I'd probably be a UK 10 or even a UK 8 by now. But I made the conscious choice not to, because being so strict with everything (especially my food) was really getting to me. And in a way, it's my personal rebellion. Everyone, especially in Asian culture, equates beauty with being skinny. That's why brides get so much flak for being plus-sized. To me, that's rubbish. Beauty is acceptance. Beauty is being healthy. Beauty is being happy. It doesn't matter if you're a UK 6 or a UK 16. You'll still be a beautiful bride as long as you're happy and healthy.

These days of being engaged will never come back. That's why I decided to enjoy them. If I want to eat cake with my friends, I will eat cake. If I want an off day from exercising, I will take that off day. And on my wedding day, I won't have a tiny waist, I will have flab on my arms and thighs. But I will still be one kick-ass bride.

So hugs to everyone who ever felt the need to open this thread. Exercise and diet all you need if that makes you happy. But remember, stay healthy and happy in the process.

maexx

may i know which bridal shop that have plus size suits too? i'm US 18... still unsure which bridal shop to sign up with..

Pingychen

Hi all,
I'm a BTB in Dec 2017.
Definitely plus size.
So stress thinking about the photoshop and no motivation to exercise.
Other than La Bella, any other bridal shop you guys recommend?

Mi5sy

Plus size BTB here! I signed my pws with feline at a roadshow when i was a 12, not sure if they can cater to my 16 now. :(

Janessa Li

Plus size BTB here! I signed my pws with feline at a roadshow when i was a 12, not sure if they can cater to my 16 now. :(

Jia you! I believe the wedding gown now can cater to plus size now. But photos can be Photoshop. But during actual day can't.

Janessa Li

Thanks babe! Keeping my fingers crossed! Gonna look for cloth now, actual day just wrap like a mummy! Haha!

It's not an easy journey for weight loss. I totally can understand how u feel cos I am ur size previously like a balloon can expand and small. Try to run everyday cheaper way. And cut on food. Dun give up ya!

Mi5sy

It's not an easy journey for weight loss. I totally can understand how u feel cos I am ur size previously like a balloon can expand and small. Try to run everyday cheaper way. And cut on food. Dun give up ya!

But I'm a foodie, so hard to resist! ): Trying to eat lesser now! Fighting!

unicorndemon

Hihi! I'm plus size too, am so worried about the gowns as well. Any particular diet that works? Haha, and also, what type of gowns do you think would suit us plus size best?

kytheon

Hihi! I'm plus size too, am so worried about the gowns as well. Any particular diet that works? Haha, and also, what type of gowns do you think would suit us plus size best?
Diet wise, im try to go clean meaning cutting down on carbs, sweet stuffs and fried food. Im super lazy, so i do stretching exercise on my bed every night. mainly focus on getting rid of my 'spare tire' around my tummy, which helps alot. gown wise, A-lined and those with built in corset would be nice as it creates the 'hourglass' shape.

florallure

Have been to The Gown Warehouse before. Quite cosy though I was only there to help a friend pick up her can-can but I knew then that I will definitely consider them for my wedding.

Anyway, cut down on sugar intake as well. Basically to cut down on sugar, sodium and fried food. Increase activity level. Easier said than done though. LOL. Anyone looking for an exercise buddy? :p

kytheon

Have been to The Gown Warehouse before. Quite cosy though I was only there to help a friend pick up her can-can but I knew then that I will definitely consider them for my wedding.

Anyway, cut down on sugar intake as well. Basically to cut down on sugar, sodium and fried food. Increase activity level. Easier said than done though. LOL. Anyone looking for an exercise buddy? :p

You can try walking more (around 10k steps) and reducing calories intake
i drop about 3 kg withing 2 weeks (increase walking, cutting down calories intake to 1500 perday.

geroithe

I'm a UK18 BTB and my wedding is going to be in Jun 2017. I am so stressed over the choosing of wedding gowns! I just came back from JB and visited Castalia, SG Bridal and Isodora Bridal. Very unfortunately, I didn't really like any of the gowns they offered. Sigh.

Am going to try out the following Singaporean bridal shops - La Belle, Little White Wedding Shop, The Gown Warehouse and Bridal Affairs. Wish me luck!

paperdoll33

I highly recommend the Little White Wedding shop for any plus sized bride. I was a UK18-20 when i first went to try and I could fit into at least 20 gowns in their shop.
Great for those who don't have an idea of what they want because they can see what shape suits them.

Evyon who runs the place was wonderful too and very experienced with plus size fittings. I ended up with two gowns with them :)

leenlyl

Btw.. I used to be a UK 14/16 but currently at UK8/10

i dont mind sharing my regime and help out gals out there... we can motivate and encourage each other.

**currently I'm aiming to drop further for my upcoming pws in may..

kytheon

Btw.. I used to be a UK 14/16 but currently at UK8/10

i dont mind sharing my regime and help out gals out there... we can motivate and encourage each other.

**currently I'm aiming to drop further for my upcoming pws in may..

yeah, please share

leenlyl

I started off doing brisk walking when I was at my peak.
eating clean and be discipline is important. slowly I am able to do long distance running of 10km, 21km, 32km and just completed my first attempt of 42.195km last december. Normally I eat clean on weekdays.
Breakfast: protein shake or wholemeal bread + kaya/ peanut butter (keeping it at 4 slice of bread)
Lunch: home prep meal: yong tau foo or water boil veg/ chicken breast/ egg. (basically not much oil and carb content)
Dinner: Cereal or Oat meal with Kimchi(probiotic) and tuna (overall taste like porridge)

Slight indulgence on weekends.

Drink as much water as possible ideally is 2 to 3 litre of water throughout the day. water helps to improve metabolism. Beverages wise, I will take Chinese Tea or Green Tea.

Exercise wise, at least 3 to 4 times a week. Preferably with duration of 35 mins and above.
Running/ Gym/ Youtube HIIT workout <I alternate these to prevent it from being boring and prevent my body getting use to one regime>

Currently, as I just booked my PWS in May. I'm targeting to loss a few more kgs and hopefully with tone arms and body. Been doing a 6 days work out per week. hopefully to see some results.

above is a rough guideline on how I am combating those stubborn fats that I stored over years. Not only you get better appearance but also improved health and stamina.

At the end of the day, its how much you want it. No short cut.